• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Regarding Taker vs. Kane

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
It occurred to me recently that we haven't seen this in a LONG time yet people keep saying that it happens all the time and it was an old feud. I did a bit of research and I found something very interesting. Taker vs. Kane has not been a televised match since April of 2008. Their most recent match prior to that? 2004 at Wrestlemania 20. Night of Champions will be their third match on television/PPV in nearly six and a half years. This feud is not stale so quit saying it is.

I think the problem people have is that it has always gone the same way and why should Kane go over now since his credibilty is at it's lowest in his entire career and Taker's is at it's highest.

I think its because people were so turned off by their match at Wrestlemania XX, that they just dont want to see another match. Personally, I enjoy seeing them feud.

I've never said it was stale, im actually really liking this fued mainly becasue this is the first time I have seen them fued (didnt start watching wrestling till late 06 early 07) so it isn't stale for me.

Oh but KB anything that happens more than once is stale. You know that. I mean come on, everyone was going to say that the Cena vs. Batista was stale because it happened like almost two years before. It really is a shame people can't just enjoy things.

Its a double standard really. We saw Austin vs Rock over and over and over again and people didnt bitch. We even had HBK and Undertaker at two consecutive Wrestlemainias and no one really bitched. Taker and Kane, whom are two connected wrestlers, whom are Kayfabe brothers, want to fight once in years and it turns into a shit storm.

People seem to forget without these two facing each other we would have no Kane, he would just be a jobber with a stupid gimmick. And also casual fans WANT TO SEE THIS. I know I love these feuds, so people really need to get over it.

Exactly, maybe for the fans that have been watching since 98 this is stale but for newer fans like myself and about 90% of WWE's current audience then this is a new fued.

Maybe because there was a period of time when the Brothers of Destruction where a tag team and whilst not feuding, they were actively involved with each other in storyline. I think people mean that they have enough of Kane & Undertaker TOGETHER, not feuding.

Maybe because there was a period of time when the Brothers of Destruction where a tag team and whilst not feuding, they were actively involved with each other in storyline. I think people mean that they have enough of Kane & Undertaker TOGETHER, not feuding.

Yet they weren't the Brothers of Destruction that often, if I recall correctly, in the past 6 years. Maybe the occasional time, but not full on.

Most recent tag match together: November 2009. Prior to that, April of 08, January of 08, once in 07, 3 times in 06, regular team in 2001.

Damn man. 7 times since the company has been WWE. I can see how sick you would be of it.

I've been enjoying this so far. I actually like that they are bringing their entire history into it, not just having a random spark for a feud, but their entire kayfabe lives into it.

yeah...Furyof5 the difference between Austin/Rock or Taker/HBK and Taker/Kane? The quality of matches. Taker/HBK I was the best match of 2009, when was the last time that Kane had a great match? A decade ago?

yeah...Furyof5 the difference between Austin/Rock or Taker/HBK and Taker/Kane? The quality of matches. Taker/HBK I was the best match of 2009, when was the last time that Kane had a great match? A decade ago?

If you want to address me you should use quotes, like this.

My point is Kane and Taker has barely even happened over their entire time theyve been together, yet people dont complain when the same matches take place on many more occasions than these.

And the matches do exactly what they are supposed to. Theyre not going to put on wrestling clinics, and even if they did you people would think its boring.

Internet fans just bitch to bitch and never think about what the normal casual fan likes or wants. They want to see this match.

I don't know what fuckin' planet you guys are living on, but having recently cycled through all the 97-01 Raws and PPVs and having seen Taker vs. Kane about 37 thousand different times I can certainly attest to the feud being stale. Literally all Kane did for his first 7 years in the company was feud with his brother or tag with him, with occasional breaks to have small feuds with X-Pac and Chris Jericho. Yeah it hasn't happened in a good 6 years or so, but it was fucking atrocious the last time, and it's even worse this time. I can't even imagine the bucket of total suck that their match at Night of Champions is going to be.

My only beef is in the fact that WWE seems incapable of making Kane a main event guy with out involving The Undertaker in some way. I've had enough of the big guy having to ride his brother's coattails. It's been 13 damn years. Let the guy walk in the main event by himself. He's not Jeff Hardy. He doesn't need a babysitter.

I like how they are putting Kane over, but we all know Taker is going to win in the end. Their last encounter at WM20 wasn't exactly a classic, so I don't really have high hopes for the NOC match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back