• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Regarding HHH vs. Taker From Mania

See that's the problem: I never thought the Streak was in danger in that match. Not once. On every near fall I didn't even move an inch. Especially the Tombstone. With Taker, unless your name is Kane, it's a running joke that Tombstone doesn't work on him. Everyone either counters it or he kicks out of it. I don't get why that one was such a big deal. In the first Shawn match, there were moments where I was literally on the edge of my bed and about to lose my mind from the drama of it.

I think to some it was due to the beating Triple H was giving Undertaker. He must have hit at least two or three Pedigree's before the Tombstone and then turned to the Sledgehammer, even in the 'Taker/Michaels match 'Taker didn't take punishment like that without some offense. Agreed, Shawn and 'Taker was obviously the better match, both are, but to me the reason Undertaker/Triple H II is viewed a bit underrated is because some compare it to Shawn/Taker, which we all know was one of the few times some thought the Streak was in jeopardy.

I don't think the match itself was anything special. I think the entire purpose of the match was to make Taker look vulnerable and have him escape with the steak in tact by the skin of his teeth giving us the impresstion that maybe the streak could soon end.
This. I actually "marked" most for Taker selling after the match like nuclear fucking war just went down. Best storytelling this side of Dickens. Yeah, I said it.

Match was not that great but that was expected. Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels at Mania 25 is not as good as it's made out to be either. Not one time did I think the streak would end at either one of their matches. Really Undertaker's matches with HHH and HBK followed the same formula. Big spot, rest, big spot, rest, dramatic kickouts etc.

Taker and HBK at Mania 25 was a damn good match until the botched spot with Taker's dive over the top rope. Then after that both Shawn and Taker just went straight to the finisher, kickout routine. But hey its Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. They could have went out and played a game of candy land and people would have said it was the best match ever. I personally think their Mania 26 match was the overall better match from a wrestling stand point. Everyone knew Shawn would retire, but we all knew at Mania 25 that he wasn't going to win.

I agree with most of this sentiment here. Maybe from having experience the HHH/Taker match firsthand that I'm probably putting it on a higher pedestal then it should be, but I felt it was just the same as HBK/Taker. I never thought the streak was in danger in any of those 3 matches but that didn't stop me from enjoying them.

Told a great story very well. I, along with others, didn't fear for the streak one single time during Taker's matches with Shawn or Hunter. It certainly did not stop me from enjoying a very memorable clash.

Great match and great storytelling, but for some reason, their WMX7 match was more to my liking. It seemed like the beatings were more brutal.

Great match and great storytelling, but for some reason, their WMX7 match was more to my liking. It seemed like the beatings were more brutal.

Same. The Streak wasn't around yet. They mention it in passing and then say he's 9-0 at the end of it. Good times.

They're about equal in my eyes. HHH/Taker was slow, but sometimes slow isn't bad. That crowd got worked good.

The X7 match is one of my secret favorites and a forgotten classic in my book. Best match on the card, in my opinion. I didn't even like the main event as much as most people do.

I've never seen WM X7 :(
Must see, every match is worth seeing. (Okay, the 6-man tag and women's match aren't that great.)

Dude you can find well seeded torrents of WM X7 on like fuckin PirateBay even. No excuses son! Get on that shit. One of the best Manias ever, maybe the best.

TLC II and Austin/Rock both blow that Taker/HHH match out of the water though. Benoit/Angle was better as well off that show IMO, but Taker/HHH is still ****ish stars. That tells you just how fucking amazing that show is when that match isn't even the best or second best on the card.

Dude you can find well seeded torrents of WM X7 on like fuckin PirateBay even. No excuses son! Get on that shit. One of the best Manias ever, maybe the best.

TLC II and Austin/Rock both blow that Taker/HHH match out of the water though. Benoit/Angle was better as well off that show IMO, but Taker/HHH is still ****ish stars. That tells you just how fucking amazing that show is when that match isn't even the best or second best on the card.

Found one with like 7 seeders, gonna take a while but it's on the list.

Fuck, I remember seeing a pic of 'Taker bleeding like a stuffed pig on the SD right before their match.

There will be a review, X and Brian (can I call you Brian?), I will see your asses in that thread!

Found one with like 7 seeders, gonna take a while but it's on the list.

Fuck, I remember seeing a pic of 'Taker bleeding like a stuffed pig on the SD right before their match.

There will be a review, X and Brian (can I call you Brian?), I will see your asses in that thread!

Use Megaupload. I just downloaded it in like, 4 minutes.

Uh guys, keep that stuff to PMs. It's frowned upon to post illegal copyrighted stuff on the public parts of the forum. Keep it to PM.

Good to know,

Anyway, would it have been really all that bad if Hunter would've brought up their previous encounter in the run up to their recent match. He said that only at the RAw post 'Mania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back