Regal & Striker

Marijuanaleaf

Dark Match Winner
I just finish watching the NXT clips and saw the aftermath of Regal stepping in for Striker last week. When Regal stepped in, I had this idea that since the Tag Team division is being enhanced maybe Regal & Striker will team up. Well it looks like it even more now.

Obviously, Regal & Striker will start of as a face team because it looks like they'll be teaming against JTG and D Young. But soon after the gloating about how more mature Wrestlers(Superstars) are the best, they will get on the nerves of the fans. They'll turn heel. Striker knows how to get under someone's skin and Regal fights in a style that's great for attaining heel heat.

I'm all in favor for this team. Both Regal and Striker know what their doing in the ring. Regal can touch up his mic skills. Striker will do fine in that department.

Any one else notice this association forming? If so, do you like the idea of Regal ad Striker teaming together?

I like it I think it would be a good old school, smash mouth style tag team. Will be kinda like Regal and Finaly or Dave Tayler tag team they did a while back.

ill be honest i dont see anything coming from whats been happening with them on NXT first of all it seems NXT is never gonna end and it is only NXT ill be surprised if anything comes from it

I like this idea a lot man. Regal and Striker are both vets and would be able to put on solid matches with the younger talent that should be getting called up to the tag division.

It sounds like a good idea and I wouldnt mind seeing how it turns out. This could be a chance to have young guys put over by older stars and the older guys wont look bad taking the lose. I look forward to seeing if this happens.

im glad the tag teams are on the rise even if for the next year some of my favs are tagging until they could get a push. Drew McIntyre, Ezekiel Jackson, Alex Riley, Slater needs to go back to work on his timing, The Swag and HeelZiggler, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Reks should all be be included since I believe Drew needs to be on Tv every week. A good way to get the titles a lil cred back is by having Miz and Truth be the top of the div for a bit then maybe see Miz become face maybe? too many talented people not being shown. and that u punk for getting people to notice Ryder wwwyki

It can be a good idea and can make for the veterans to be in the tag division. I just think this should just be for Superstars and NXT though. I mean if WWE has a network channel coming and Superstars and NXT are on it then that would be cool. Me personally, I would like to see these guys on the commentary team on raw. Replace Cole and King with these two. I would do that instead of having them become a tag team.

One thing I noted was 'Regal can step up his mic skills?'

Are you serious?!?! Regal is one of the best mic workers the WWE have, he's witty and has a great delivery!

But yeah I would like to see this tag team, it would add a bit of variety in the division.

Well, it would give them something to do at least. NXT will not be around forever and Striker has been stuck backstage interviewing rather than announcing like he should be. Neither of them are being used properly and could benefit from this. The tag team division also needs more people. I don't see them ever holding the titles, although this idea is better than them sitting around doing nothing until the next battle royal. If WWE won't let them announce on Raw/Smackdown then teaming up to help out a division in need of more people is the next best thing because the young guys will certainly learn a thing or two from working with Regal and Striker.

One thing I noted was 'Regal can step up his mic skills?'

Are you serious?!?! Regal is one of the best mic workers the WWE have, he's witty and has a great delivery!

But yeah I would like to see this tag team, it would add a bit of variety in the division.

Yea right, have you heard him on commentary lately? Not everything is as scripted as it once was. Regal will have to spiff up his freestyle mic skills in order to make an impact with Striker no doubt.

The best mic workers would be, Punk Miz Cena HHH Ziggler and Christian. Regal is nowhere near as good, no offense to him, he just needs to work on it a little bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing them in a tag team, neither of them are doing anything good at the moment and both men can still go in the ring and both are decent on the mic. It would be another team in the tag division which is also good, so why not?

missing a couple of skilled mic workers - how about orton??? sheamus? kane...say what you will about him but this time last year every smack down opened with a powerful monologue from kane. has anyone else noticed kofi's getting a *little* bit better , recently talking about air boom. better but still not good.

p.s- bring back goldust dammit ! the man can work a mic, still put on a solid match , get laughs or make people cringe (maybe not for years, but I'm sure he still has it in him.

- chibet

im just happy striker is wrestling again. Really liked some of his IWA matches. Anyone actually know why he stopped wrestling? was he injured or was it that WWE just didnt want to go that route with him? anyway back to topic.

I dont see anything major happening with these 2 apart from a few skits on NXT and maybe a match or two. Regal is no longer a full time performer and striker will probably be rusty as hell.

Yea right, have you heard him on commentary lately? Not everything is as scripted as it once was. Regal will have to spiff up his freestyle mic skills in order to make an impact with Striker no doubt.

The best mic workers would be, Punk Miz Cena HHH Ziggler and Christian. Regal is nowhere near as good, no offense to him, he just needs to work on it a little bit.

I don't think he does a bad job commentating, he just uses a different style to what you're accustomed to. Regal has always been one of the most entertaining on the mic, remember whenever he used to run down on his opponents before a match? It was GOLD

I don't think he does a bad job commentating, he just uses a different style to what you're accustomed to. Regal has always been one of the most entertaining on the mic, remember whenever he used to run down on his opponents before a match? It was GOLD

I know that but everything he said was scripted, now the WWE is taking a different approach to make things more real and the better you are at improvising the farther you'll get. Regal even says on this week's NXT that he stops mumbles and stutters to much on commentary. If he can improve a bit, Striker & Regal will do well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back