• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reforming of Nexus

Moffat09

The NIWM
Ok i know some people wont agree but i think that the nexus should definatly return in the wwe in some respect. I know some people are happy with it being a one time thing but i dont like how the kinda faded away with the face turn of CM punk. Whether its just involving a superstar like slater, Mason ryan and otunga or whether its returned as a huge dominating force with the likes of Punk, Cena and Barrett, nexus should return.

But i guess what im asking is could you see a nexus return? and if so how should it be done?

"Stables suck, OK? Stables just suck." - Tastycles

This timeless bit of wisdom applies to The Nexus quite well. Despite once mounting a stirring defence of The Nexus (many were in tears), I didn't think much of them after the first week. The New Nexus were even worse because they were just a weight strapped around CM Punk's ankle. That he had to wear that horrendous black and yellow merchandise for so long still keeps me up at night. That, and fear of my impending doom. But mostly the merchandise thing.

If you're annoyed by them disappearing inexplicably, I don't see how them reappearing inexplicably is going to help matters. It's not like there's a gaping hole for them to fill.

Sadly no, I do not see a return. Blame creative because they had a great "higher purpose" ideology going and it fizzled (add that to your uncompleted story line list).

The Core........stupid. The idea was ******ed. Plain and simple.

There is no way to tie all the loose ends together for a return.

The Nexus should never have been split as soon as they were. It was a great focal point for Barret and gave legitmacy to individuals who have failed to regain that legitimacy since its demise. Sadly, at this point, a reworking of the group would be too little too late.

Unfortunately, the speed with which the group progressed, split and then formed into a new division of the group, just speaks volumes of the speed at which the industry evolves nowadays.

Nexus was great while they lasted. This being said, HELL NO! They do not need to return as a stable! Nexus was a one summer thing. They ran their course.

For the 100,000th time...NO STABLES!!!!

Nexus was wasted. The original plan for them was to introduce a new batch of young wrestlers who were ready for the main show. Instead of waiting around and bringing them in 1 by 1, WWE decided to go another route and make a stable that created buzz.

There attack during their introduction was nothing short of shocking. What started out good though, as do most things in WWE, eventually falt-lined.

It's almost inevitable that JL will create some sort of NEW corperation that will work for the storyline...but a NEW stable doesn't need to happen, especially a Nexus rehash.

Nope. Shouldn't be done. The Nexus stable angle ran its course, and it ended. It gave a group of young superstars a chance to make an impact in WWE immediately, and some of them have taken the ball and ran with it (Daniel Bryan, Wade Barrett and even David Otunga, to a degree). No point in rehashing an old idea that wasn't around long enough to become an institution. Let's be creative and find other ways to do the same thing.

alright, stables are cool, as long as a proper angle is worked on its formation, the corporation, nwo, nod, evolution, etc.. they were actually cool especially with the gang warfare.. but really, reforming is just a big no, triple h was able to do it becming leader of DX, but other than that, the nwo reformation on wwe, it sucked..

as long as they are able to give credence to the members in the "supposed" JL stable, it might suck,,,

I thought Nexus was great in concept......and great in execution. Creative achieved exactly what they wanted to achieve, the idea evolved as it should have......and then it reached the end. Yes, they held onto it too long but it's often hard to know when to bring the curtain down.

Bringing back terrific concepts that have run their course often sounds like a good idea when Creative is batting it around but, unless they're able to come up with something totally different for the old faction to do, it usually winds up failing. Do we want to see the re-formation of NWO, the New Age Outlaws, and The Nation of Domination? Well, some folks probably do, but I don't know how WWE could inject new life into those groups, either.

Someday for Nexus. Maybe. Not anytime soon.

Let me start by saying that I don’t think the Nexus should ever return. I don’t think the New Nexus should ever return. I don’t think the Corre should ever return. However, if I’m going to see an armband with the yellow N on it again, then there is only one way to do it. I say it should go full force and have every former member, in their current personas, rejoin together and really take over…as a Face Stable.

Wade Barrett
CM Punk
David Otunga
Michael McGillicutty
Michael Tarver
Husky Harris
Skip Sheffield
Darren Young
Heath Slater
Justin Gabriel
Daniel Bryan
Mason Ryan
John Cena
Ezekiel Jackson

I think with former WWE / World Champions John Cena and Daniel Bryan, plus the current WWE Champion, CM Punk, going up against the General Manager of WWE TV and the Vice President of Talent Relations and his goons, this could be an epic battle. I would definitely love to see David Otunga turn on Johnny Ace and turn Face.

The writers/creative killed the Nexus. They kept changing the people (some of it wasn't in their control I understand), made them weak, created an "internal struggle" WAY too quickly. The gave the Nexus no time to do anything.

Yet ANOTHER victim of the awful writing and storytelling of WWE over the last couple years.

I'd love to see the Nexus get back together, it'd be a huge story that could actually play out as an angle. Thing is, you'd have to give them a reason. And would they come back as heels or faces? Right now, every one of them that's left is a heel except for Ryback I think. Seeing Barrett, Otunga, Ryback and Bryan at least come together to form a stable would be great, but right now none of them outside Ryback need to be in a stable as they're all experiencing success solo.

Of course, that didn't stop Evolution...

If we do see another stable it will be rather formulaic, your mouthpiece, your enforcer(s), your musclehead, a couple of good workers and a broad. We're kind of seeing the genesis of that already with Laryngitis and friends. We've seen attempts at it in recent years with the likes of Vickie, Edge, Chavo, Hawkins and Ryder.

As much as I'd love to hear that Nexus music hit and hear the deafening roars one more time, I can't see it happening. The "takeover" stable died an agonising death during the formation of NWO 2000, it was dug up and molested several times by both Vince and Jarrett, yes, but has been dead as a dodo for over a decade.

I'm a fan of stables including the Nexus. Not the CM Punk, cult like one...

Do I see them reforming? No. They all need to be able to shine on their own. Do I see some of the Nexus remnants forming stables of their own? Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it because of the fact that they have had their time in stables... and WWE doesn't do stables for any length of time.

Nexus was NEVER any good to begin with!!!!!!! Aside from Skip Sheffield the other members were pathetic and that Includes Barrett. First off it is unrealistic a bunch of new to the company no name Punks could take over the WWE. You had main eventers trying to put these guys over as legit threats and look at where all of them are now. Barrett can't stay healty Otunga is now trying to copy chris Masters Heath Slater is a goofball and his actuall tag partner Justin Gabriel is what do u know Hurt.. I am happy that Ryback is back under his own gimmick far away from that pathetic stable.

No need for it. bryan was a world champ, barrett about to be a world champ, sheffield is now ryback, tarver is released, otunga is with johnny, slater is jobbing and gabriel is irrelevant and darren young is on NXT.

I have not met one person that dident say they hated nexus and most of them say they stopped watching because of it. Nexus and the core was one of the lowest points in the wwe in my opinion. I would try and watch raw or smackdown and as soon as I saw them I would turn it and find something else to watch or start playing a game and never turn it back on. I even know two people that say I liked cm punk at first but I have a hard time watching him now "STILL" because of the nexus angle.

Why do people love stables so much? Nexus wasn't even a great stable. Sure they had a chaotic run for a bit, but so did the Spirit Squad. Hell, even the sweater vest mafia back in the attitude era had a run.

Point being, Nexus should *not* be reformed. The best parts of it (DBD, Barrett) should be pushed and the good parts (Otunga, Slater, Gabriel) should be developed. Leave the past in the past.

I wish WWE would learn that Barrett is NOT World Champion material. In the ring he just doesnt do it for me at all. He is horrendous to watch. I can't stand him on the mic he has the typical cocky British bravado thing going where he thinks he is better than everyone. Its like William Regal excpet Regal was actually a very good in ring performer and was entertaining to listen to on the mic something Barrett is not. To be honest Barrett belong in TNA tag him up with Magnus and bring Samoa Joe over to the WWE.

The concepts of Nexus, New Nexus, and The Corre was good but the writers messed it up like usual. I dont think it will come back. I do think that some of the former members may run their own stable at one point.
It seems like David otunga is gonna be a major player in one of John Laurinitis' stables if he has one.
CM Punk may have one again but he's currently a tweener type of face that is sort of a loner, so no time soon for Punk. Plus, he has led enough stables so far, including: New Nexus or Straight-Edge Nexus, Straight-Edge Society(S.E.S), and at one point led The New Breed but he had a power struggle with Elijah Burke. Punk has been in the WWE for six years(not counting his one match against Val Venis on WWE Heat 2005) and in four years(2007-2011), CM Punk has led three stables. He should take a break from stables before that is the only thing people remember him as, a stable leader.
Ryback may have a stable of his own but appears as a loner.
Wade Barrett may lead another stable but he needs to take the loner path for a little while more and establish his place in the company. Also like CM Punk, he has led too many stables in a short time. He was on the main roster for two years and in his first year, he led two stables. Like CM Punk, if he doesnt slow his pace down with leading stables, he will be remembered as a stable leader.
Daniel Bryan has established himself as a main eventer and tends to be going down the same path as CM Punk. If he does the same path as CM Punk, it's almost a guarantee that Daniel Bryan will probably grow his beard a little longer, maybe shave some people hair or give them a certain look, recruit them, and lead a stable of a Vegan Society and also claim that he's a savior. May use Jesus like mannerisms to manipulate people. He may even be like a Vegan version of Undertaker in his Ministry Of Darkness days because CM Punk was clearly a Straight-Edge version of Undertaker in his Ministry days.
Heath Slater may lead a rock band.
Justin Gabriel may lead high flyers.

NO NEXUS will not reform.

I am interested in the idea of a new stable and if they bring a stable back, it should be the MInistry of Darkness led by Undertaker but he will not be a wrestler. This would make stars big.

Nexus was great until Punk took control, probably creatives E plan but Nexus was good upon till that point then it was just watered down when the Corre formed on SD, WWE could have played the Punk/Wade battling for control and do the split, Nexus black & yellow vs Nexus black & blue kind of like the nWo deal but whatever, if you want to see classic stables dig out your 1997-1999 videos/dvd collection and reminiscent.

Nexus, as many people here have already said, have been and gone. I agree that it was a bit random their disappearing, however they are gone now, and so you can forget about them reforming out of the blue.

I was happy withe the NEXUS' shocking debut and first month or so, but it got stale really quick and just did not stay over. It was CLEAR very quickly that the only one worth really giving a shit about individually was Wade Barrett.

Some of the other guys are solid and could have good tag team roles and MAYBE one day develop into something else, but reforming the group is definitely not a smart idea. It just would not make much sense honestly. It would look like Slater, Gabriel and Rybak don't feel like they are worth a shit by themselves so they got back together!

I don't think all stables suck like some around these parts, but they definitely are formed to fill time when the writers don't think they have strong enough individuals to push the storyline. With the solid top tier guys there are now there is no need for a midling stable running around that nobody gives a shit about.

no i would not like to see a return of nexus both past leaders (barrett and punk) are too good for leading it again and nexus died for me when they lost at summerslam to supercena's all-star team :disappointed: let nexus stay in the past where it rightfully belongs

The Nexus storyline was great at first, I thought. Then it just dragged on and kinda turned into nonsense.

I wouldn't mind if they brought it back and did kind of an "invasion" type of storyline that they had going with Nexus originally. Also, I'm sure they'll never give us an answer but why did Nexus help Kane bury the Undertaker alive? Remember, Wade Barrett said there was a reason and that the reason would become clear or whatever. Bring them back and answer that question.

It's time to move on. There's nothing more to be said or done with them. Anybody who was going to get over from it already has and the last thing we need is for CM Punk to have to polish yet another batch of turds. And just what are they gonna do? The same corny tired ass group of guys trying to take over the company storyline again? No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back