• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reforming of Nexus

While it would have been nice to have the Nexus dissolve in a conclusive, logical manner, it didn't deserve such handling. The stable debuted with a huge bang, peaked when they forcibly enlisted Cena and stuck around long after their welcome. CM Punk's takeover was a way to get Barrett off of Raw and cash in on his main event status on Smackdown during a time when that show had very few stars. Punk's shoot promo was a phenomenal way to end the faction's run because there was never any emphasis taken away. Nexus was a top storyline on Raw from the initial attack up until Punk abandoned it and his "Voice of the Voiceless" narrative began. In the long run it will preserve Nexus as a top stable that could have done even more than it did, rather than a group that eventually fizzled out.

As far as bringing back the stable for another run, I don't think it would go over with fans. It might be cool to see original members Darren Young and Heath Slater don the armbands in a tag match together, but I think we could imagine how well that would pan out if it was more than a one-time thing. The Nexus is finished, a nice memory and a decent start to the careers of a new generation of WWE stars.

I loved the Nexus invasion but on looking back the way the creative aspect was, was woeful to say the least. Also if Nexus came in with a Veteran guiding them. Obviously Regal comes to mind. With Barrett as second in command so on, so forth. Eventually leading into a power struggle for control over Nexus. Whilst taking on Cena/WWE. Nexus died after Summerslam. They needed that win.

Wa

The Nexus has all the makings to be a HISTORIC stable in WWE. What ruined it? Creative. For starters. They should have NEVER lost to Team WWE at Summerslam. When that happened, they became nothing. The lost all legitimacy right then and there.....BUT WWE had a SECOND chance to once again make them historic..... when they "recruited" John Cena. This should have been the Heel turn of Cena. WWE had all the makings to create a shocking moment in history that would last a lifetime. Cena should have turned Heel, and helped Barrett win the WWE title from Orton. Then, Barrett hands the title to Cena, who explains he created the Nexus all along.

But what did the WWE do? The dropped the ball again. They had Cena once again make a mockery of The Nexus by having him screw Barrett over. BUT The WWE had ONE LAST CHANCE to do the exact same thing in the match where is Barrett lost, Cena was fired. All the doubts about a heel Cena turn were gone. Everyone was sure Cena was going to cost Barrett the title. They could have done the heel turn right there and shocked the world. But no. The Nexus soon became a joke.

To me, the Nexus died at Summerslam when they failed to beat Team WWE. But could they be brought back? Maybe, but not anytime soon. Another question is, how could they be used? IMO, I believe a Nexus return would make an amazing FACE stable.

Say one day the WWE finally decides to turn Cena heel. He is still Super-Cena. Completely unbeatable. Wade Barrett finally steps up to challenge Cena. He is beaten several times, and "injured" by Cena. Weeks go by and Barrett is no where to be found. Finally he returns. He confronts Cena and says he's brought some, "Friend's" Nexus music hits, and out comes the Nexus. They surround the Ring, and beat down Heel Cena, becoming a face stable.

Another question would be, who would it consist of? Obviously you would need the main originals, Barrett, Slater, Gabriel, Otunga, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, and McGuillicuty. It should have 7 members in it.

I highly doubt this will ever happen, but I believe it is the only way to bring the Nexus back with some sort of credibility. If not this way, have them all come back with the tagline, "Not Rookies Anymore." Have them be truly unstoppable. Otherwise, they will once again be a joke after their first loss.

Stables can be good but they have to have a valid reason that is believable for them to really pay off.

NWO--Back then with how contracts worked it was believable when it first started, although it did drag on to long.

DX--Was also believable as pretty much anyone and everyone can recognize a couple of young punks acting like immature pricks thinking they are better than everyone and spitting in the face of authority.

Evolution--By this point everyone knew Triple H was the dominate force in the company, especially with his back state power, coupled with Flair as the older mentor and then Randy Orton, the up and coming guy son of a legend, and then Batista as the muscle it made sense. You could see Flair mentoring those younger while HHH lead a couple of young promising superstars and use them to protect his title.

These kinds of factions can make sense and be fun to watch, I personally enjoyed them all.

Nexus on the other hand was a bunch of rookies who where pissed off about NXT treatment and decided to take over. Go to any job on the planet and find a small handfull of brand new people pitching a fit and threatening the work place and let me know how that works out. It simply doesn't make any sense.

If was to see any faction existing today it would probobly need to involved a bunch of people who the IWC hates with a passion, Cena/Otunga/Miz/etc forming a group against people like Daniels/Punk/Lesneretc who the IWC completely loves and more or less their thing would be about how WWE has started treating the "internet darlings", as HHH once called Punk, as if they are better than them and they have begun to fall out of favor.

You could actually see something like this now a days because Cena lost to The Rock, The Miz has been pretty much irrelevant since Summerslam, no one cares about Otunga and you could find others, meanwhile Bryan loses in 18 seconds and becomes increadibly over, Lesner shows up after years and people blow the roof of the building when he kicks Cena's ass, etc etc. It would make sense based on the current events unfolding in WWE right now, but realisticly we will never see it and honestly I'm not really sure we should.

No NEXUS was a bad idea from the start. Having a bunch of guys who just came off NXT band together and 7 guys are able to defeat the entire WWE lockerroom give me a break. That just is not realistic at all!!!!!! Those guys arent the NWO from back in the day plus the NWO had way more people in it when they truly TOOK OVER!!!!!! It was best that Team WWE did beat Nexus at Summer Slam. None of those guys have proven to be worth putting over the top stars in the WWE. Otunga Sucks!!!!! Gabriel Is Hurt!!!!! Slater is horrible and corny!!!!!! Barrett i feel isn't that good and he is hurt as well!!!! None of these guys are really all that over even after everything that happened with Cena.

Nexus could never compare to NWO,DX,4 horsemen in terms of being one of the best stables. They were never any good. Their best member got hurt and only recently returned. One of them got fired from the WWE. Another is back down in FCW. Thank god Nexus was broke up cause it was one of the worst angles the WWE ever thought of.

Let me start by saying...

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and NO.

That being said, if you put more than 3 seconds of thought towards this idea, you'd realize that Nexus started off with 8 members and resulted in:

- 1 fantastic debut
- 3 successfully pushed wrestler (Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Daniel Bryan)
- Good t-shirt sales
- 2 released wrestlers
- 7 failed pushes
- 3 repackagings
- 4 jobbers
- 1 failed storyline with months of build

...and that was just in its genesis phase. They actually tried it again and that resulted in:

- 2 already-established wrestlers needed as support for a successful push
- 5 new members (including Cena)
- 3 wrestlers that have been sent back down to the FCW minor leagues
- 3 wrestlers that aren't currently featured on Raw or Smackdown
- 1 failed storyline with months of build
- 1 complete waste of time

(For the record, I highlighted the positive results that came from the Nexus.)

Knowing all of this, do you still want to go through this crap again??

UGH...

As long as WWE has no idea what to do, nor talent worth utilizing, there's no point in bringing the concept back. Much like the so-called "Summer of Punk", WWE let slip a very promising concept. Worse yet is "The Nexus" as a brand probably still leaves most people with a bad taste in their mouth. Overcoming such negative gut reactions wouldn't be worth it in the long term and simply not possible in the short term.

Sadly no, I do not see a return. Blame creative because they had a great "higher purpose" ideology going and it fizzled (add that to your uncompleted story line list).

My favorite modern-day WWE myth. There was NEVER a 'higher purpose' that was going to be revealed at some dramatic moment. Wade Barrett referred to a 'higher purpose' (something that happened only once, by the way, it's not like it was foreshadowed over and over) as a way of referring to a batch of brand new WWE Superstars launching their careers. THAT was the 'higher purpose' Barrett was referring to. Not some shadowy secret boss character or elaborate plan. It was a metaphorical reference to the ACTUAL 'higher purpose' of the storyline and of NXT - to introduce new talent.

The IWC took that throwaway reference and ran with it, assuming that it MUST be a plot point and would eventually be revealed. It wasn't, and it never was.

As for the Nexus reforming... pass. It served its purpose, created a fun summer storyline, and introduced a bunch of guys who. for the most part, are still around and starting to carve out their own roles. No need for it to come back, not for a good long while at least.

Nexus reforming, while it might sound like a great idea, is a pretty bad idea. If they tried to force the old group back together it would pull most of them away from more relevant angles that they have each moved on to. With the exception of Tarver and a couple of guys from Punk's version of the stable, everyone has moved on.

Barrett - On his way to world title feuds once he returns and wins MITB.

Otunga - Johnny's underling and might get a US title push.

Slater - Jobbing but he gets more exposure now than he did in Nexus. I can see him winning a midcard title someday and he could always get back into tag team action with Gabriel again.

Gabriel - Tag team and midcard success await him in the future.

Skip - In the middle of a monster push as Ryback.

Young - On his way toward tag team dominance with Titus.

Tarver - Got fired. The only one who would benefit from a Nexus reunion.

Harris - In developmental but he has decent pushes waiting for him once he gets called back up.

McGillicutty - If they drop his name in favor of his real name he will go further. Tag team or midcard success should be easy for him to achieve regardless once he gets called up again.

Ryan - He was just an enforcer and he can do that anywhere, such as Abraham's stable.

I disregarded Punk and Cena because they were bigger than the stable to begin with. WWE screwed up with the Nexus angle when they split into Punk's faction and The Corre. The stable did what it was meant to do in the first place. It allowed these guys to make a HUGE impact immediately upon their Raw debut. Bringing them back together would be a bad idea now that they have moved on. Tarver would benefit from it, but no one else.

Trying it with a brand new group of guys would be an even worse idea because that group would constantly be compared to the original Nexus and it might never live up to their full potential. It is better to push the Nexus alumni toward midcard and tag team success while the more important members like Barrett and Otunga move further up the card. It was an awesome angle, but it ended and belongs in the past.

My favorite modern-day WWE myth. There was NEVER a 'higher purpose' that was going to be revealed at some dramatic moment. Wade Barrett referred to a 'higher purpose' (something that happened only once, by the way, it's not like it was foreshadowed over and over) as a way of referring to a batch of brand new WWE Superstars launching their careers. THAT was the 'higher purpose' Barrett was referring to. Not some shadowy secret boss character or elaborate plan. It was a metaphorical reference to the ACTUAL 'higher purpose' of the storyline and of NXT - to introduce new talent.

The IWC took that throwaway reference and ran with it, assuming that it MUST be a plot point and would eventually be revealed. It wasn't, and it never was.

As for the Nexus reforming... pass. It served its purpose, created a fun summer storyline, and introduced a bunch of guys who. for the most part, are still around and starting to carve out their own roles. No need for it to come back, not for a good long while at least.

But they also did something where Otunga blackmailed Barrett, threatening to reveal to the world the "real" reason why Nexus buried the Undertaker alive.

We all know after c m punk took leadership it was destined to fail he didnt even come out with them use the song nothing he killed it before its time they tatics kind of died out though jumping people would have gotten old and it would have died out its funny because david otunga is actually the most successful despite wade push and i c title run Daniel bryan dont count he was out after day one cm punk dont count he was already big. I think the split and formation of future champions not the CORRE should have ended it R.I.P Nexus

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back