Redemption Discussion: Zeus vs. Kurtesy

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
15961_460852350694313_629667950_n.jpg

Submissions Count Anywhere
Special Guest Referee:
Sandy Deserts

It has been nothing but a psychological warfare between Steven Kurtesy & Dr. Zeus over the last couple of months. Zeus has been calling out and begging Kurtesy to come out from his hiding spot to face him in a showdown. Ignored at first, Zeus used Kurtesy's colleague Sandy Deserts as bait, tormenting and damaging her to lure out Kurtesy who eventually appeared at Kingdom Come V.

With that knowledge in tow, Zeus has been doing whatever is necessary to bring Kurtesy back as an active wrestler to WZCW and goad him into facing him. As of Aftershock, Zeus got his wish and the two psychology geniuses will be squaring off against each other in a habitat both men are comfortable with - a Submissions Count Anywhere match. Zeus has suffered only one loss since his inception to the company whilst Kurtesy is red-hot after his return victory as well as being the only man to have a winning record in the Submissions Count Anywhere match.

As a last minute addition, the conflicted Sandy Deserts will act as special guest referee for the match and will be expected to call the match down the middle but does she possess the power to keep her true feelings aside? Only time will tell when these two clash throughout the AT&T Arena.

I suppose I haven't got into this feud that much for some reason, not sure why. Anyway, I think this is basically a toss up as Falkon easily could've won last PPV and I reckon his chances are only going to better with Kurtesy

As long as Kurtesy doesn't get screwed, I'm happy either way. Don't know what Falk will have to come up with, though, seeing as the Sandy KC RP was a ten and he still bit it.

FalKon has made no bones about it, he's far more comfortable as Steven Kurtesy, at least when it comes to winning RP's. The real question on his part is has he overcome the dry spell he was on with the character when he dissapeared circa Unscripted last year?

On the other hand, he faces a foe who has made a massive impact upon arriving in WZCW. Very few rookies create the buzz with their debut like Zeus did with his and with a 1-0 record in straight single competition already under his belt, he has to be fancied as the slight favourite.

This feud has been crusing along nicely, but I think it's time to take things up a notch and this is the stage to do it. Either of these men could be impact players in the KFAD match come Apocalypse, but I forsee this war continuing past this show so I'll go with a Steven Kurtesy victory to tie things up, and set the stage for a rubber match down the line.

I would go as far as saying that this match is the marquee feud for the PPV. It has been exciting both on-camera, but even more so off-camera. Zeus the character has been written brilliantly by Haiku and he has actually developed his own blood feud through his own Rps with a compelling back story. I would highly suggest that if you haven't read Zeus's Rps, that you go back from the beginning and read them. You will see a very different side to this feud that is simply delightful.

That being said, I was very pleased with Falk's return RP as Kurtesy. I'm not exactly sure who will win, but I'll definitely enjoy the show.

For the record, I wouldn't exactly consider this being a part two; yes, I've faced FalKon before (twice, counting a triple threat match), but this is gonna be my first time facing Kurtesy. I know I'm getting something similar to Sandy's RP for KC, and that's frightening because of how good it is.

I wanted to say thanks to creative and FalKon for just letting this thing go. I'm sure I offered a lot of bat shit ideas, and creative literally never said no. Special thanks to Jglass for helping me cultivate a lot of ideas.

Will there be a rematch? I already know what I want to do for my next cycle (not All Stars, though I do like my idea for that), and I'm sure FalKon has an idea. But I surely wouldn't turn down the idea.

Never say never. #carnytalk

In a normal wrestling world, Kurtesy would win the rubber match, no questions asked. But here, we judge on RP quality. And this is why this match is among the closest to call.

Kurtesy's got a win over Coberer under his belt already which is a nice slice of momentum, but Zeus has a fuckton of momentum, losing a total of once to a skilled RP'er in the form of Killjoy, and having many wins, including 2 over FalKon in the past. I know for a fact Haiku's RP will be amazing and probably his best yet, all are at lest very good, and his KC one was his best at the time. The deciding factor is how good FalKon's RP will be.

Had it not been for Sandy Deserts in KC (seeing as the focus of the feud has been Kurtesy, and not as much Sandy), then I think the KC match would have been much closer. And here we have FalKon having the revenge plot, which is often an advantage.

Very, very close, but the revenge deal makes me think Kurtesy will take this, but only by the skin of his teeth. But Zeus has just about as much of a chance to take it as Kurtesy does. Pretty much 50/50, with an element of revenge to tip the scales ever so slightly.

Kurtesy beat Ty Burna to retain the World Championship at Kingdom Come. I'm not picking against him in a big match like this.

As Kurtesy, I have a record of winning marque matches when it comes to anything regarding a feud. Although I was RPing as Sandy, taking the loss to Zeus at Kingdom Come was a big hit to that streak and hopefully what I have planned will bring more thunder than I ever have. This isn't personal or anything but I want that damn victory.

I'm coming for you Zeus.

As Kurtesy, I have a record of winning marque matches when it comes to anything regarding a feud. Although I was RPing as Sandy, taking the loss to Zeus at Kingdom Come was a big hit to that streak and hopefully what I have planned will bring more thunder than I ever have. This isn't personal or anything but I want that damn victory.

I'm coming for you Zeus.

Just remember boss man; at KC, you wrote Sandy's RP, something you had four years in the making, something that was to be the ultimate Sandy RP, something that truly brought the potential monster out of Sandy.

I still won, 5-1 ;)

Also, worth noting because I heard it on the podcast; I'm actually to blame for Zeus/Kurtesy not happening at KC. Creative offered me both Sandy and Kurtesy at KC, and I thought Zeus bullying Sandy to get Kurtesy out of hiding would make the better story.

Though, I'm a little shocked at the people who have theorized there will be a rubber match to this. Kinda makes me wonder; is that what folks want?

Bigger & better insinuates that a feud with Steven Kurtesy is not big and good, though. I wouldn't mind seeing this continue one bit...

I thought that Zeus and Falk's RP Battle at KCV was the best one on the card. I honestly can't wait to see what both of these guys pull out for this match because it's a match both of these guys have known would happen for a long time now. I'm going with Zeus with this one... and honestly, that might be just because I like him as a dude where as I don't really communicate much with Falk. That, in no way means I don't like him or think he's a lesser RPer. Just call it a friendly bias.

That, and I know much more about Zeus than Kurtesy.

I think there should be a third match if Zeus doesnt win but it shouldnt go to the next PPV.

The build for this has been great by the way and Zeus looks like he should be sent to the main event level straight away.

I think there should be a third match if Zeus doesnt win but it shouldnt go to the next PPV.

The build for this has been great by the way and Zeus looks like he should be sent to the main event level straight away.

If my idea I sent to creative gets picked up, I can almost guarantee that won't happen. Nor do I really want it; if this cycle taught me something, it's that I still have a lot of ideas I want to experiment with. I tried first person and may just try it again, retweaked. I want to do some things before even thinking of the main event.

Which reminds me, creative, how does my idea sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back