Reddit User:New plan for Cena and others for SummerSlam being discussed

A step down from Orton and Lesnar, yes. But not from Ambrose. Or really Reigns according to the numbers. Especially if WWE is reverting Kane back into Demon Kane and giving him a bit of protective booking. Also I'd quit with the generalizations.

Those numbers don't tell the whole story, which is what I'm trying to explain to you. Let me give another example:

A baseball team has a 9 game homestand. They play Team A for the first three games, and average 10,000 fans. They play Team B for the next three games, and average 15,000 fans. Finally, they play Team C and average 8,000 fans. Team B is the biggest draw right? Except that the three games against Team C had bad weather and the games against Team B were over a weekend and had giveaways.

The numbers you quoted are a piece of the puzzle, but nowhere near enough to say Kane is a draw. The fact is that he's a jobber to the stars at best and, as the build to and after the Rumble showed, has no business around a main storyline. I know you are a mark for Kane, but putting him in the World Title picture is a terrible idea.

Those numbers don't tell the whole story, which is what I'm trying to explain to you. Let me give another example:

A baseball team has a 9 game homestand. They play Team A for the first three games, and average 10,000 fans. They play Team B for the next three games, and average 15,000 fans. Finally, they play Team C and average 8,000 fans. Team B is the biggest draw right? Except that the three games against Team C had bad weather and the games against Team B were over a weekend and had giveaways.

The numbers you quoted are a piece of the puzzle, but nowhere near enough to say Kane is a draw. The fact is that he's a jobber to the stars at best and, as the build to and after the Rumble showed, has no business around a main storyline. I know you are a mark for Kane, but putting him in the World Title picture is a terrible idea.

And I disagree with that sentiment. Because your example does not show the baseline average of the cities your theoretical baseball teams played in. Look at the numbers that kane drew with Cena, Bryan, Orton, and Reigns. Then compare those numbers to what those 4 were drawing between themselves and others. It's the comparably the same. Reigns vs Orton is drawing the same as Reigns vs Kane. Same with Wyatt vs Daniel, or Cena vs Orton. It's not a coincidence that Cena vs Wyatt doesn't draw nearly as much as Cena vs Kane. You cannot attribute the high numbers that Kane was drawing to the fact that he was fighting an established face.

I believe Seth/Kane could be a very good match. Seth can have a good match with anyone.

The thing I've enjoyed most about Seth's title reign is his constant belittlement of Kane. They've had great chemistry together; it only makes sense they have a match upon Kane's return.

Although, I will say it's the kind of match that co-headlines a pay-per-view, not main events it (ie: Bad Blood 2004 - Chris Benoit vs. Kane for the World Title). And Seth should go over clean as a whistle if it happens.

I believe Seth/Kane could be a very good match. Seth can have a good match with anyone.

The thing I've enjoyed most about Seth's title reign is his constant belittlement of Kane. They've had great chemistry together; it only makes sense they have a match upon Kane's return.

Although, I will say it's the kind of match that co-headlines a pay-per-view, not main events it (ie: Bad Blood 2004 - Chris Benoit vs. Kane for the World Title). And Seth should go over clean as a whistle if it happens.

But he totally wouldn't though.

And I disagree with that sentiment. Because your example does not show the baseline average of the cities your theoretical baseball teams played in. Look at the numbers that kane drew with Cena, Bryan, Orton, and Reigns. Then compare those numbers to what those 4 were drawing between themselves and others. It's the comparably the same. Reigns vs Orton is drawing the same as Reigns vs Kane. Same with Wyatt vs Daniel, or Cena vs Orton. It's not a coincidence that Cena vs Wyatt doesn't draw nearly as much as Cena vs Kane. You cannot attribute the high numbers that Kane was drawing to the fact that he was fighting an established face.

I admire you working so hard to stick up for Kane but I like what this guy had to say better.

If you are talking about drawing in the historical sense, then no. No modern day wrestlers are draws. The WWE brand name is what draws all the attention and live houses and whatnot. Even a large percent of gates are now feed through sponsors and advertisements. Popularity can be measured in marketability though. And most superstars have at least a pinky toe dipped in that pool. I'd say Cena, Orton, and Lesnar are the big 3 in that regard. Though I see plenty of Ryback, Bryan, Reigns, and Ziggler gear too.

But yeah, marketing is the new form of "drawing" in this era. I'd say that applies to Austin and Rock too. In fact I'd name Hogan as wrestling's last "true" draw.

Kane ain't marketable. Not that he is supposed to be. He is a heel flunky.

I'm not a fan of the way that house show analysis was done. Any monkey could chuck that data set into excel and count which is what that analysis effectively did.

Cena vs Rollins....if it takes place, should be title vs title. If theres anything I cant stand its when a wrestler loses midcard title and is thus put right into the world title picture. I know its pro wrestling at all...but at least try and make a little sense.

And yes Rollins should go over..

Kane ain't marketable. Not that he is supposed to be. He is a heel flunky.

And I agree. He's not particularly all that marketable anymore. But he was at one point. I wouldn't expect Kane to win, just the match between him and Rollins would be fun to watch and would be interesting. I merely pointed out to those that insinuated that the match would suck and would make no sense because Kane isn't interesting anymore, were wrong as he does in fact still draw as a house show headliner. The comments you quoted from me in the second half were describing live shows like RAW and SD, which I stand by, but not untelevised house shows. WWE doesn't do much of any marketing of those at all besides event scheduling, and it's mostly the marketed main event that packs those houses.

Rollins doesn't need to go over clean against anyone, really. He's playing the biggest coward since Miz held the title, so winning clean means nothing until he turns into a babyface at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back