Reddit User:New plan for Cena and others for SummerSlam being discussed

That N Word

Actively evolving
SPOILERS:New plan for Cena and others for SummerSlam being discussed (self.WWE)
submitted 3 hours ago by TheWrestlingFan123

Had to make sure no one else posted this so no one can excuse me of stealing my news lol. OK so there has been talk in WWE about having Cena vs. Rollins at SummerSlam after how successful their segment was last night. But WWE has been discussing throughout the day should it be champion vs. champion? Or should Cena drop the United States title to Owens before Summerslam? Nothing is set in stone right now. But WWE is exploring their options. As of now the only thing set in stone for SummerSlam is Taker/Lesnar,Sting/Reigns/and possibly Ambrose vs. Wyatt/Harper/and possibly a new member which could be Bo Dallas or Baron Corbin or someone else and the 9-Diva Triple Threat Match. As of now, WWE has narrowed their options for each man...Rollins will either face Cena,Triple H,or be inserted in the Taker and Lesnar match. As for Cena the options has been narrowed to Owens,Owens/Cesaro,Joe,Rollins,or a 5 man US title match featuring Owens,Cesaro,Orton,Sheamus,and Cena. They are expected to finalize plans by this Thursday night.
And for Rusev. He will face Dolph Ziggler at the event. There is also talk of making it a mixed tag match to include Lana,and Summer Rae

LaBar from CSR reported this afternoon, via his inside sources, the Cena/Rollins segment was thrown in as filler and a reason to work Rollins in during Raw. Officials were very pleased with how it played out and they feel Cena/Rollins could be a go to option. There is also the possibility of Rollins facing H. There is also talk, and this would fucking blow, of putting Kane in the title bout. The feeling is they can get away with Kane vs. Rollins as Lesnar/Taker will sell the event.

HHH would be good, but it's too late to start the build-up. More heat should have been built up between the two men during the past weeks. Why would HHH want the belt all of a sudden? I thought the could plan out Summerslam earlier like they do with 'Mania....

Why not Cena vs Owens vs Rollins? Take advantage of that promo plus Cena/Owens rivalry.

LaBar from CSR reported this afternoon, via his inside sources, the Cena/Rollins segment was thrown in as filler and a reason to work Rollins in during Raw. Officials were very pleased with how it played out and they feel Cena/Rollins could be a go to option. There is also the possibility of Rollins facing H. There is also talk, and this would fucking blow, of putting Kane in the title bout. The feeling is they can get away with Kane vs. Rollins as Lesnar/Taker will sell the event.

Kane has proven himself to still be a valuable commodity even as Corporate Kane. If he were to return to his roots and WWE were serious about letting him fuck shit up, then Seth Rollins vs Demon Kane for the title could certainly sell.

Kane has proven himself to still be a valuable commodity even as Corporate Kane. If he were to return to his roots and WWE were serious about letting him fuck shit up, then Seth Rollins vs Demon Kane for the title could certainly sell.

No it wouldn't. Kane is awful and no one has cared about him in a couple years now.

I will need a large amount of proof for me to believe that.

Bleacher Report released an analysis for attendance records from 2008-2014. First they established a base line average for the cities each performer has pooled from since 2008. And then they compared the average attendance of the top 8 headliners of 2014 based on how many shows they headlined to that baseline. In 2014 Kane headlined 24 house shows with an average attendance of 4,500. His baseline for previous years was 5,500. So a difference of 18%. John Cena has been WWE's biggest draw for house shows with a baseline of 6,600 per show. In 2014 he headlined 48 shows with an average attendance of 5,600. 14% off his baseline. Randy Orton was second. Bray Wyatt third. Kane was fourth.

So even as Corporate Kane in 2014 he's still a bigger draw than any of the former Shield members, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Big Show, or Dolph Ziggler.

The are so many variables that aren't covered in what you describe there that I can't take it seriously. Who is he on the show with? How big are the venues? Is that average over 50 shows or 12? For the Shield guys, do they get credit for shows they headlined as a team, or just solo?

That's too many pieces of missing info for what you put there to be of any value.

The are so many variables that aren't covered in what you describe there that I can't take it seriously. Who is he on the show with?

The house shows are graded by both main event appearances and show appearances. Cards are not given.

How big are the venues?

Those were based on each wrestlers baseline which was calculated from the cities he headlined. Cena has a baseline of 6,600 meaning he headlined larger cities, while Kane has a baseline of 5,500 meaning he headlined smaller cities.

Is that average over 50 shows or 12?

That is an average that covers 1,866 total shows. Since 2008. 91 in 2014.

For the Shield guys, do they get credit for shows they headlined as a team, or just solo?

Individually. Same with Harper and Rowans.

That's too many pieces of missing info for what you put there to be of any value.

I'll give you the link to the article and the data and you can look through it. Any way you slice it Kane is currently still one of the top draws in the WWE.

The house shows are graded by both main event appearances and show appearances. Cards are not given.

Those were based on each wrestlers baseline which was calculated from the cities he headlined. Cena has a baseline of 6,600 meaning he headlined larger cities, while Kane has a baseline of 5,500 meaning he headlined smaller cities.

That is an average that covers 1,866 total shows. Since 2008. 91 in 2014.

Individually. Same with Harper and Rowans.

I'll give you the link to the article and the data and you can look through it. Any way you slice it Kane is currently still one of the top draws in the WWE.

The second link shows that most of Kane's main events were against Cena, Reigns, or Bryan, who have been three of the biggest draws over the past few years and those main events were focused on The Authority, not Kane. The only reason Kane would make people want to see those matches is because it's guaranteed that the big face is going to win.

The second link shows that most of Kane's main events were against Cena, Reigns, or Bryan, who have been three of the biggest draws over the past few years and those main events were focused on The Authority, not Kane. The only reason Kane would make people want to see those matches is because it's guaranteed that the big face is going to win.

Then wouldn't the logic be "if fans can expect the outcome that the face will win why would they bother showing up?" Kane was the muscle behind the Authority. He was the primary pillar supporting Seth Rollins. When speaking of the Authority, Kane is basically the biggest part of it. When Seth didn't draw nearly as well against the top faces as Kane did.

I'd be interested in seeing Kane go back to demon Kane and take on Rollins. They've been teasing it for months and I'd like to see it have a pay off. It's a decent win for Rollins against a decent opponent and gives him something worthwhile to do.

Then wouldn't the logic be "if fans can expect the outcome that the face will win why would they bother showing up?" Kane was the muscle behind the Authority. He was the primary pillar supporting Seth Rollins. When speaking of the Authority, Kane is basically the biggest part of it. When Seth didn't draw nearly as well against the top faces as Kane did.

If I'm going to a house show, I want to see my favorite wrestlers have a good match and/or win. With Kane, the first isn't happening but the second definitely is. The only time Kane has really looked like a threat as a member of The Authority was when he injured Daniel Bryan... an hour or so after Bryan announced he was taking time off for an injury that had nothing to do with Kane.

If I'm going to a house show, I want to see my favorite wrestlers have a good match and/or win. With Kane, the first isn't happening but the second definitely is. The only time Kane has really looked like a threat as a member of The Authority was when he injured Daniel Bryan... an hour or so after Bryan announced he was taking time off for an injury that had nothing to do with Kane.

That logic does not speak for every fan, as Kane still drew sizable numbers that weren't that far off the baseline for the cities he made appearances in with other opponents that weren't top faces. And looking at current story line and the way Rollins is booked as champion on the main shows, it would make sense that his right hand man Kane be a bigger draw for house shows. If WWE had put any other full time worker other than Kane in his position then the Authority angle would not have worked. Looking at the numbers they were justified giving Kane the exposure that he has gotten this past year.

So as the Authority story line progresses again I ask you why Seth Rollins vs Kane down the line would not work? As clearly your generalization of "no one wants to see Kane any more" is false.

Ugh is this guy really saying Kane is a bigger draw than Daniel Bryan and the former shield members? God.... I think I can now conclude that you are a troll.. no longer going to reply to ANY of your posts and I mean it this time.

Ugh is this guy really saying Kane is a bigger draw than Daniel Bryan and the former shield members? God.... I think I can now conclude that you are a troll.. no longer going to reply to ANY of your posts and I mean it this time.

Yes, because I actually have facts to back it up with. And you'll reply. You always reply.

Bernkastel you have successfully trolled me for a long time.. just wanna tell you that you are a VERY good troll. You made me wanna punch you in the face and strangle you. Keep it up bro, you have massive potential

How so? Brock's current booking limits him. Kane's does not.

They've purposely limited themselves in an attempt to recreate the magic that was Brock/Cena at Summerslam but they obviously can't do that over and over again and no one would bat an eye if we instead started getting matches more similar to Punk/Brock.

Despite how good of shape Kane is in for his age he's still not what he used to be and fans care fuck all for his in-ring work. We should not be giving Kane 20 minute PPV main events in this day and age.

That logic does not speak for every fan, as Kane still drew sizable numbers that weren't that far off the baseline for the cities he made appearances in with other opponents that weren't top faces. And looking at current story line and the way Rollins is booked as champion on the main shows, it would make sense that his right hand man Kane be a bigger draw for house shows. If WWE had put any other full time worker other than Kane in his position then the Authority angle would not have worked. Looking at the numbers they were justified giving Kane the exposure that he has gotten this past year.

So as the Authority story line progresses again I ask you why Seth Rollins vs Kane down the line would not work? As clearly your generalization of "no one wants to see Kane any more" is false.

You have no shown that Kane is a draw. You've shown that top faces draw at house shows, even when Kane is with them. If you put John Cena vs. Heath Slater as the main event of a house show, it would still draw. If you put Kane vs. Heath Slater there, it wouldn't. You could do Kane vs. Seth Rollins, but it would be a massive step down from Orton, Lesnar, and even Ambrose as far as defenses go and would go a long way toward giving Rollins a failure of a first title reign like they did with Hardy and Punk.

This past December I went to a house show that was main evented by Reigns vs. Kane with Flair as special ref. Reigns came out to a solid reaction, Flair came out to a massive reaction, Kane came out to crickets, nobody gave a single fuck. The Girl Bye bitch gotta a bigger reaction for fucksake.

You have no shown that Kane is a draw. You've shown that top faces draw at house shows, even when Kane is with them. If you put John Cena vs. Heath Slater as the main event of a house show, it would still draw.

Would Cena vs Slater draw 7,000+ over and over? No, it wouldn't.

If you put Kane vs. Heath Slater there, it wouldn't.

Of course not. But that not a knock towards Kane as he was still drawing 3000-4000 against Big Show and Reigns.

You could do Kane vs. Seth Rollins, but it would be a massive step down from Orton, Lesnar, and even Ambrose as far as defenses go and would go a long way toward giving Rollins a failure of a first title reign like they did with Hardy and Punk.

A step down from Orton and Lesnar, yes. But not from Ambrose. Or really Reigns according to the numbers. Especially if WWE is reverting Kane back into Demon Kane and giving him a bit of protective booking. Also I'd quit with the generalizations.

They've purposely limited themselves in an attempt to recreate the magic that was Brock/Cena at Summerslam but they obviously can't do that over and over again and no one would bat an eye if we instead started getting matches more similar to Punk/Brock.

Despite how good of shape Kane is in for his age he's still not what he used to be and fans care fuck all for his in-ring work. We should not be giving Kane 20 minute PPV main events in this day and age.

The first paragraph I agree with, but not the second one. A victory over Kane for Seth Rollins would actually do him wonders in my opinion. Especially if this were Demon Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back