Red Skull's Sig Showcase

I've been using Photoshop for years now, but I'm still mediocre at best imo. But I recently started making sigs and decided to start showcasing them here. I use Photoshop CS4 for all my sigs and the dimensions are usually 500x300 or 450x250 with 72 resolution.

sheamuss.jpg

This is the second sig I made. It's of Sheamus, who's slowly becoming one favorite wrestlers. I started with a black background and used some red cloud brushes. I then cut out a picture of Sheamus wielding a sword, which I thought was pretty badass. I then added a green glow around him and the sword. Then I used some abstract brushes around him with the colors red, green and yellow. I thought it would look like you could feel his power or something. The font is stone cross and I put a yellow glow around it.

delirious.jpg

This is my current sig of ROH wrestler Delirious. I started off with a apocalypse type picture, I think it's from Constantine and turned it green. Then I used the wind filter on it. I then cut out a picture of Delirious, used the burn tool on him as the picture was light, and added a slight green tint to him. Then I added some green abstract brushes behind him. For his name I don't remember the font type at the top of my head, but I added a black, dark green, and light green gradient to it, put a green glow around the text and put the noise all the way up, and then used the stained glass filter to give it a lizard scale look.

ajstylesgetreadytofly.jpg

I made this sig a few hours ago of A.J. Styles. I started off with a black background. I then cut out three pictures of him doing the Styles Clash, Flying Forearm, and setup for the Styles Clash. I then burned the images because they were too bright. Then I used sparks brushes, and tried to make it look like they were coming from each image. The font I used is Bring Tha Noize. I added a black stroke and a burlap texture filter.

I'll be making more in the next few days. Constructive criticism is openly welcomed.

This is going to be a recurring theme in my feedback. There is a lot of dead space. The best solution for this is working with a smaller canvas. I like to use 400x200 and it seems that a lot of other sigmakers here also use it. It seems to be the best size. It eliminates dead space, while still leaving enough room for whatever you are looking to do with the sig. Another problem is the render. It looks really odd. Especially around his hand, wrist, and face. I dont know if you cut your own pictures or not, but there is a really good place called PSD-Dreams.de with tons of great pre cut renders, most of them being wrestling. I recommend checking it out. Other than those things, I like the background and the text is perfect.

I think this is your best one. It is really good. The background and image work really well together. They flow really well. Unlike the Sheamus one, there isnt a lot of dead space. Really good job here.

This is odd. I cant tell if I like this one or not. The background looks really cool and the text goes perfect. But there is a ton of dead space and it lacks a main image, or main point of the sig. I would say like what I said with the Sheamus one. Try working with a smaller canvas to minimize the dead space and probably make the text a bit smaller.

Another thing that is important (maybe you have it but I cant see it) are borders. It gives a sense of completion to the sig. Even if its just a 1 pixel border, I highly recommend putting a border on all of your sigs. Good job though. Keep up the good work.

This is going to be a recurring theme in my feedback. There is a lot of dead space. The best solution for this is working with a smaller canvas. I like to use 400x200 and it seems that a lot of other sigmakers here also use it. It seems to be the best size. It eliminates dead space, while still leaving enough room for whatever you are looking to do with the sig. Another problem is the render. It looks really odd. Especially around his hand, wrist, and face. I dont know if you cut your own pictures or not, but there is a really good place called PSD-Dreams.de with tons of great pre cut renders, most of them being wrestling. I recommend checking it out. Other than those things, I like the background and the text is perfect.

I agree there was tons of dead space and I do cut the wrestlers out myself which can be very tiresome and sometimes ruin the picture, I tried to hide it with the glow and also should have burned him a little to mask it. I'll definitely give the website you listed a look.

I think this is your best one. It is really good. The background and image work really well together. They flow really well. Unlike the Sheamus one, there isnt a lot of dead space. Really good job here.

Thanks, I really like this one, as I put quite an effort into it.

This is odd. I cant tell if I like this one or not. The background looks really cool and the text goes perfect. But there is a ton of dead space and it lacks a main image, or main point of the sig. I would say like what I said with the Sheamus one. Try working with a smaller canvas to minimize the dead space and probably make the text a bit smaller.

I completely agree with you on this one. Me and my girlfriend were saying the same thing when I showed her it, we weren't sure if we liked it or not, which probably not a good thing. I definitely agree with your other points as well.

Another thing that is important (maybe you have it but I cant see it) are borders. It gives a sense of completion to the sig. Even if its just a 1 pixel border, I highly recommend putting a border on all of your sigs. Good job though. Keep up the good work.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

8385El-Generico.jpg

This is a sig for ROH and PWG wrestler El Generico. I started off with a black background. I then used a red and a white tron brush, and put a shape blur on it. I then cut out two picture s of Generico doing his boot and a dive out of the ring, darkened them, and lowered the opacity to about 40%. For the middle picture I darkened it and put a outer shadow on it. The font I used is called Badaboom. For the Ole!'s I put a shadow and put the opacity down to about 50%. The El Generico text is the same font and I put a dark glow around it.

365enigma.jpg

This sig is for TNA wrestler Jeff Hardy. I started with a black background as usual. I used different colored swirl brushes and put them on top of each other then used a radial blur. For the pictures, I burned them and put a slight color glow on the left and right one. The font for Enigma is Dark Horse and I added a purple stroke and a light blue glow.

895dynamite.jpg

This is a sig for The Dynamite Kid. I started with a British flag for the background and used a plastic rap filter on it. I then used some architecture brushes on top of the flag, and used a motion blur.. For the pictures, I cut them out and darkened them. The text is called Barbatri and I added a white stroke. I then flattened the image and desaturated it to make it black and white as the pictures were already.

9678kentasig.jpg

This is one of my favorite ones, because KENTA is one of my favorite wrestlers and I think it came out well. I started with a black background and used various brushes for the arrows and splots. I then put a grain filter on it. For the two background pictures; I darkened them and put the opacity down to 40%. The main picture I didn't do much to just burned it a little. The font is Auto Destruct, and I put a yellow and black gradient on it with a black stroke.

I like this and if you had spruced up the background a little more, it might be a little more enjoyable as a piece of work. You could really have added a lot more to this and I don't really see the point in the pictures behind the text if they are completely covered by the text and you can barely see what is going on. The text and colours are pretty damn good though.

So, I am going to be honest with you. I don't really care for this sig. To me, too much is going on within it and it could be simplified for a better piece of work. The colours are too strong and Green and Purple don't complement the other at all. You should avoid doing your borders like that too. It looks very unprofessional. Do you know how to add borders efficiently and professionally?

Yeah, I kinda like this. The only thing that I could say to make it look better is to try and get some better renders to use. I understand it would be harder with Old School wrestlers but I would never use a messy render. It will always come out looking nasty. However, this is a decent signature anyway.

This one is my absolute favourite. This is really good work. I would suggest two things though. If you are going to fill your text with two colours make sure that the stroke you give it is not the same colour as you have used before. Secondly, you could and possibly should have made your middle render (your focal) a bit bigger. Either way, it's still my favourite.
[/CENTER]

First off I want to thank The People's Peep and Dave Mizanin for their pointers, I definitely used those when re-making these sigs.

Well I went back and re-did most of the sigs using The People's Peep and Dave's feedback and I thing these came out well.

sheam.jpg

The original sig's picture didn't come out too well. I actually deleted the original file after I made it so, I started over. I started with a black background and then I used various lightning storm brushes, and stacked the same brushes on top of each other with different colors. I then used some abstract brushes in the middle. The only thing I did to the pic was burn it a little and add a slight glow. The text is the same as the original, the S is monarchia font and the rest is Stone cross. I merged the two text layers together then duplicated the layer. With the copied layer I made it yellow, made it slightly bigger and lowered the opacity. For the top text I added just a regular glow.

ajstyles.jpg

Luckily for this one I had the original file. I decided to get rid of the original pictures and get completely new ones. So the only thing that stayed the same was the background and the text. The two background images I just burned. The main render I burned and added a deep drop shadow.

generico.jpg

For this one, like Dave said, the text was good and I liked the middle render. So I got rid of the two background pics and the original background. For this one I used a white swirly brush on a black canvas, then put a stroke with low opacity on it, then used the plastic wrap filter.

enigmav.jpg

For this one I got rid of the picture of him doing the swanton and pushed the other two towards the middle. I made the text smaller and got rid of the previous border. I also added a black grunge brush to the background.

kenta.jpg

This one didn't need much. The original main render was too good in quality so I grabbed a different one and made it bigger. And I turned the black text stroke to a dark redish brown color, the color KENTA usually has on one side of his tights.

kurtanglec.jpg

This one is a completely new one and was easier to make then I thought it would. I started with a black canvas and placed render of fire on water with a ripple. I then placed a render of Kurt in the middle, copied that layer, flipped it vertically and horizontally, then lowered the opacity. For the letters the font is Carbon. I typed his first and last names in different layers and added individual arcs to each. I merged those two layers together and added a pattern and lowered it's opacity. I pretty much did the same thing to the text as I did with Kurt's picture. And I flattened the picture and added a glow filter to it.

asomugha.jpg

This is a sig for Raiders Defensive Back Nnamde Asomugha. I started with a black background and placed the Raiders logo to the left. Then I used some lighting brushes. I took two pictures of him making plays, lowered their opacity. Then I took a close up pic of him, burned it and added a glow. Can't remember the font name but I added a silver stroke and a glow to it.

daizeehaze.jpg

This is for ROH and Shimmer star Daizee Haze. I started with a Daisy flowered pattern background and added a rainbow gradient and lowered the opacity. Then I used the paint brush and drew different colored lines and used the warp filter and lowered the opacity. Then I used a brush on the whole thing. For the picture all I did was darken it and added a drop shadow. The font is just a basic cursive font with a white stroke and a rainbow glow.

ibushi.jpg

This is for DDT, DG, and EVOLVE star Kota Ibushi. I was originally just going to use the picture alone with a his name because I thought it was bad-ass enough that it didn't need any thing else. But I duplicated the layer and cut Ibushi kicking the other guy. I then used an extrude filter on the background picture. The text is called decrepit and I used a black stroke and a blue and white gradient, added a glow and upped the noise.

I have a few more on the way for Big Show, Ted Dibiase Jr, Rhyno and Lyota Machida.

Finally got a new copy of Photoshop and was bored today so I made myself a new sig.

hitgirls.jpg

It's for Hit Girl from the movie Kick-Ass. It was pretty simple to make. I started with a black background, placed in the two background images, burned them a little, then merged the three layers. I then added purple tint to it using the lighting effects filter. I added a black dot pattern overlay to it. Then used a stripes brush I had, purple. The main picture is just a simple render that I burned slightly and pretty much left it alone. The font is Badaboom and I added a gradient and a black stroke. Added a black border and that's about it.

It was simple to make, it looks simple, I love the character, so it works for me. I probably should of added a drop shadow to the front picture or touched it up a bit but I didn't feel like it.

I might do some more later in the week, probably not though.

Got two more I made.

paulpiercei.jpg

I don't really like this one but I wanted a sig for Paul Pierce who's been my favorite player for years now. I used some green abstract brushes on a black background and tinted it green. Then I cut out his jersey, burned it a bit. I put the render in after and used some crystal brushes around the edge of him. I then added a straight pattern. I don't like the text but couldn't find one that fit so I settled for that one lol. I added a border and that's it.

jeffjarrett.png

I actually like this one a lot even though the Paul Pierce one took longer to make. I started with a green galaxy brush on a black background once again. I found a great render of Jarrett holding his guitar with shadows. I threw that in, merged the layers, added a bit of fuzziness (can't remember the name of the filter lol), tinted it green and added a horizontal pattern. The main render I only burned slightly then added a drop shadow. I'm still iffy on the text, it was the longest part of making this sig. I kept on playing with gradients and different fonts and sizes, but this one just felt right to me. Yep so I added a border and it's done.

I might ask to re-open my request thread if anyone's interested but it might be a while because I just bought FFXIII and will be lost in that whenever I'm not working.

jackswagger.png

Threw together a nice little Jack Swagger sig. I've wanted one for him for a while and his appearance with Cole on Raw inspired me to finally make it. I started with a black background and used some red white and blue colered crystal and abstract brushes. I found a nice render of his logo, made a layer under it, and covered the edges with some black brushes for effect. I then added a diagonal pattern over it. I dropped in the Swagger render, drop shadowed it and burnt it slightly. The text is a basic cursive text and I added a red glow and tilted it slightly. Added a black fadeout border and Boom! Done.

hulkstillrules.png

New sig I made, I'll probably start using it after Kingdom Come. I was watching TNA and got the urge to make a Hogan sig. Let's be honest, deep down all wrestling fans love Hulk Hogan. I started with a black background and dropped in the picture of Hogan at WM3. Then I brought the render of Hogan sitting over it and burned and darkened the left half. I added a black and white gradient map and set the opacity low. The font is Hulkbuster and I used a yellow glow, red stroke and I added some dark spots with a low opacity black brush. Added a border and my new watermark that you can't really see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back