Rebooking Survivor Series 1990

MMK

Getting Noticed By Management
Survivor Series 1990 is a mixed bag. On the one hand you have the debut of The Undertaker, on the other hand you have the debut of The Gobbeldy Gooker. On the one hand you have the incredibly underrated Grande Finale concept, on the other hand you have the incredibly poorly booked Grande Finale match. And on the one hand you have arguably the the two most perfect Survivor Series teams facing each other in The Warriors vs The Perfect Team match which included The Ultimate Warrior, The Road Warriors and The Modern Day Warrior Kerry Von Erich vs Mr.Perfect and the 3 man Demolition trio. But on the other hand you had the worst Surivor Series match in history featuring Sargent Slaughter and some camoflauge painted jobbers facing Tito Santana, a babyface Volkoff and the comedy bushwackers. So here's my attempt to keep what worked and fix what was broken. That being said I am going to split up the awesome Warriors vs Perfect Team match as keeping it exactly the same would just be plagiarism and pretty boring fantasy booking. But don't worry, if you liked the all Warrior team they may end up together anyway. Hint hint. Grande Finale. Hint. Hint.

THE LEIGON OF TEAMS
The Road Warriors, The Hart Foundation, The Rockers
VS
THE DEMOLITION CREW
Demolition: Ax, Smash, Crush and The Orient Express: Kato, Sato, Tanaka
w. Mr.Fuji

(Orginally I went with LOD and The Harts vs Demoltion and The Orient Express. But that wouldn't work because Demolition had 3 members and I want all 3 in the match. But then I remembered that Kato was a 3rd member of the Orient Express. Although he didn't debut until a week or so after The Surivivor Series, if he had debuted sooner that would have given Mr.Fuji a second trio. Then you can add The Rockers to make it 6 om 6.

SURVIVORS: The Road Warriors
(It was the ppv debut of the most popular tag team in wrestling, having them lose in such a lazy double DQ fashion as they did at this event was a real waste. They should win their ppv debut. Demoltion had feuded with the Harts and LOD since the summer, while The Rockers and The Orient Express always put on excellent matches. This would be an amazing match to kickoff the show. Hawk and Animal advance to the grande finale.)

THE PERFECT TEAM
Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Rick Martel, Million Dollar Man, The Macho King
VS
THE ULTIMATE TEAM
Ultimate Warrior, Texas Tornado, Jake Roberts, Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes

(I am aware that Rick Rude left the WWF just prior to this event. But he actually was booked to compete at the event. So it's okay to include him in the buildup to the match. However if he still ends up leaving then you can just replace him with Virgil. It's definitely a dowgrade, but it makes sense booking wise since Virgil and Dibiase were in a feud with The Rhodes family. You could even have Virgil inadvertanly get Dibiase eliminated, thus planting the seeds for their eventual split. So either way the match works out fine.)

This match combines several major feuds from 1990. Warrior vs Rude, Warrior vs Savage, Warrior vs Perfect, Perfect vs Tornado, Tornado vs Dibiase, (Dibiase cost Tornado the IC title just prior to the event which didn't make much sense since they didn't go anywhere with it however it would have made perfect sense if they were on opposing Surivor Series teams), Dibiase vs The Rhodes family, Dibiase vs Jake, and Jake vs Martel. The tandom of Perfect, Rude, Martel, Dibiase and Savage would have arguably been the greatest villian team in Survivor Series history.

SURVIVORS: Warrior and Tornado

THE DARKSIDE
The Undertaker, The Warlord, Power and Glory
vs
TEAM LEFTOVERS
The Superfly, Tito Santana, The Bushwackers
(ok that wouldn't be there real name, but it is a good Thanksgiving pun and they are the last of the babyfaces)

(Undertaker is still the mystery partner. Only instead of Ted Dibiase introducing him, which in retrospect makes very little sense seeing as how the characters have nothing in common, Undertaker could have simply been introduced by the legendary Howard Finkel. This only reason I even put this match on the card is because the babyfaces are simply 4 jobbers for The Undertaker to tombstone and elminate one by one. Lambs being fed to the slaughter. Undertaker should have debuted with more of an impact then getting counted out, which is what they did. Have him win. Not just win. But eliminate every single guy on the other side.

SURVIVORS
: The entire Darkside team

It is now 4 vs 4 in the grande finale which makes the last match that much more pivotal as whoever surives this will sway the advantage to one side or the other for either the heroes or the villians.

THE HULKAMANIACS
Hulk Hogan, Tugboat, Big Bossman, Hacksaw & Volkoff
VS
THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE
Sgt.Slaughter, Earthquake, Dino Bravo, Haku & Barbarian

SURVIVOR: Sgt.Slaughter.
I was never a fan of Slaughter vs Hogan at Mania. But if that's the directin you're going, and you plan on having Slaughter vs Warrior at The Royal Rumble, why not set everything in motion at this event? Instead they had Slaughter lose to Tito Santana. I'm not kidding. Yet he still somehow became #1 contender 2 months later. That makes no sense. Much like LOD, this was Slaughters ppv debut and they stuck there new big heel in a nothing match filled with jobbers and had him lose. Why not have him cheat to beat the beloved Hogan?

GRANDE FINALE
THE WARRIORS

The Ultimate Warrior, The Modern Day Warrior Von Erich, The Road Warriors
vs
THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE
Sgt.Slaughter, The Undertaker, The Warlord, Power and Glory

(Now this would have been a better Grande Finale. A Hoganless grande finale. No need for Hogan to win every event. Here we still get the awesome all Warrior team plus new villians Slaughter and Taker get there main event run off on the right foot.)

-Warrior eliminates Warlord
-LOD eliminate Power & Glory
-Undertaker eliminates Hawk
-Undertaker elimnates Animal
-Undertaker eliminates VonErich
-Warrior eliminates Sgt.Slaughter via dq when Slaughter hits him with the Iraqi flag.
-Undertaker eliminates an unconscious Warrior via a tombstone.

The SOUL Survivor: The Undertaker
(Post Match: Taker and Slaughter two on one Warrior after. Hogan makes the save to even the odds. Villians high tail out of the ring. Hogan coming out sends the crowd home happy as the good guys stand tall but the villians get the win which is important moving forward.)

So there you have it. What I feel is a vastly imporved event.
Also, no f*cking Gobbeldy Gooker!!

One of the first VHS videos I ever got was the 1990 survivor series so I used to watch this event loads as a kid, I had great memories watching it and as a child I remembered it as an amazing event so its one of the few PPV's I wouldn't have changed a thing on it except maybe having Randy Savage and Roddy Piper competing on it not sure how or in place of who though.

It's really hard to book the Undertaker at 1990 since that was his debut and re-booking him will be all based on hindsight.

I think his debut is fine, I did see Survivor Series 1990 and I found that it was a good way to make him look dominant as far as a debut of a big guy is concerned.

I personally consider Survivor Series 1990 the worst WWE ppv of all time.

The final survivor concept was actually ok, just poor in it's execution - it was never explicitly stated that it would be a faces v heels main event, so what happened if all matches were won by faces? I think a far more interesting variation would be if they held a 'draw' at the end, to ascertain the teams. They did a similar 'wildcard' concept in 1995 which turned out to be a great match (on a fantastic ppv). But because the era rarely saw face v face, heel v heel, the main event ended up being a handicap match, when it should and could have been 4 on 4. What makes this stubborn booking even stranger is that just six months earlier they booked an incredibly well received face v face main event at Wrestlemania in front of 67,000 people! So they certainly could have tried it. Imagine the reactions of the participants (and the fans) if they found out that Hogan got 'randomly drawn' to team up with long-time nemesis Ted DiBiase...

My other big issue with Survivor '90 (and I'm not counting the Gobbledygooker as that had no part of ANY wrestling show, ever - Vince WTF were you thinking???) was that, much like the previous year, too many names were 'protected' by disqualifications and count-outs. LOD, Demolition, Earthquake, Tugboat, Undertaker, Slaughter - all eliminated in this fashion. Survivor Series is probably the one event where you can justify having people pinned and it WOULDN'T really hurt them. Indeed it could and should be used to progress feuds. 'Perfect pinned Warrior, OMG he's a legitimate threat now' for example.

Other than changing actual results, this card is a hard one to book as Autumn 1990 was somewhat of a creative nadir for WWE; the plan was clearly to have a Hogan v Warrior rematch at Wrestlemania VII, so very little effort was out into writing after Summerslam until Christmas. Even the WWE Champion, the Ultimate Warrior, was not really booked into a feud, instead inserted in a tag team feud between the Legion of Doom and Demolition. One of the best wrestlers on the roster, Macho King Randy Savage, was not even on the Survivor Series card after the culmination of his 9-month long feud with Dusty Rhodes at Summerslam. They hadn't yet decided on giving Slaughter the title from Warrior, hence why he was in a throwaway match.

In actual fact, there was very little wrong with the makeup of the teams. So mostly I would keep them the same. But the matches themselves, definitely. If I remember correctly, Ax - a three time tag champion - was eliminated with a clothesline. That is unacceptable, even if they still had concerns for his health. I mean, even Texas Tornado's discuss punch (a very weak finisher IMO) would have been a step up, at least that's what Von Erich actually won matches with!

Warriors v Perfect Team: result stays the same as Hogan and Warrior NEED to be in the main event (again: the plan at this stage was to have their rematch at Wrestlemania)

Visionaries v Vipers: one of the few matches I would slightly amend, I was never keen on Snuka, I'd have a more youthful replacement in Shane Douglas. I'd book the Rockers to eliminate the Warlord, but then the Rockers and Douglas to be eliminated (nb. I LOVED the powerplex finisher of Power and Glory), but have Jake the Snake come back to eliminate Power and Glory before the Model overcomes him. This makes Jake look strong and gives Martel a win over him, and the fans will clamour even more to see Martel get his comeuppance.

Million $ Team v the Dream Team: keep the same

Mercenaries v the Alliance: Santana, Volkoff and the Bushwhackers? No, I'd swap Santana with Hacksaw Jim Duggan - it makes much more sense. But I'd also drop the useless Boris Zhukov for the Macho King. At Royal Rumble, it is made explicitly obvious that 'Slaughter had promised Savage a title shot if he won it' - so give that a reason, give them an alliance here. The Orient Express provide fodder for the faces, but ultimately Slaughter and Savage prevail.

Hulkamaniacs v Natural Disasters: result stays almost the same (Hogan wins) but I'd treat this as more of a feud ender with Earthquake. Have the Hulkster win clean against him. In two ppvs between them, Earthquake lost by count out both times... Also, as noted earlier, Santana switched with Duggan, and survives with Hogan.

Final survivor: Warrior, Martel, DiBiase, Slaughter, Savage, Hogan, Santana. 4 on 3 is better odds than 5 on 3, for a start. This can be booked in two ways: an all-star heel team against an all-star face team; or my preferred option of a 'random' draw.

Hogan, DiBiase, Savage, Martel v Santana, Warrior and Slaughter.

This gives us unlikely teams (including two of Hogan's greatest foes forced to team with him), both teams have 'expendables' in Martel and Santana, and I would have Savage eliminate Santana, Warrior eliminate Martel and DiBiase, leaving two - on - two. Hogan can eliminate Slaughter (for US pride and a huge pop), foreshadowing their feud, leaving Warrior against Hogan and Savage, with Hogan and Warrior on opposite sides of the ring for the first time since Wrestlemania VI. The crowd erupts. But before anything can happen, the eliminated Slaughter assaults Warrior (thus begins their feud) and Savage takes out his own partner, Hogan; Savage eliminated the Warrior to win the match, a rare ppv main event heel victory, and continues to beat down the Warrior with Slaughter (strengthening their alliance), until Hogan makes the save. Both Hogan and Warrior do their shtick to fend off the heels and Survivor Series closes with the two mega-faces celebrating in the ring in exactly the same way the actual event finished. So this match builds and furthers feuds, teases a huge showdown, gives a surprise result, and still sends the fans home happy. I feel that would be a much better Survivor Series 1990 event.

I love your thread and I love your card, MMK. Here's my version.

The Vipers – Jake the Snake Roberts, Superfly, Jimmy Snuka, Nikolai Volkoff, and the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty)
vs.
The Visionaries – Rick Martel, the Warlord, Boris Zhukov, and Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma) (with Slick)

The Hulkamaniacs – Hulk Hogan, Jim Duggan, Tugboat and the Hart Foundation (Bret the Hitman Hart and Jim the Anvil Neidhart)
vs.
The Mercenaries – Sgt. Slaughter, Earthquake, Dino Bravo and Rhythm and Blues (the Honky Tonk Man and Greg the Hammer Valentine) (with General Adnan and Jimmy Hart)

The Legion – the Texas Tornado, the Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal), and the Bushwhackers (Bushwhacker Luke and Bushwhacker Butch)
vs.
The Demolition Express – Demolition (Ax, Smash, and Crush) and the Orient Express (Sato and Tanaka) (with Mr. Fuji)

The Warriors – The Ultimate Warrior, Dusty Rhodes, Big Boss Man, Tito Santana and Koko B. Ware
vs.
The Million Dollar Team – the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, Haku, the Barbarian, and the Undertaker (with Virgil, Bobby the Brain Heenan, and Brother Love)

The Face Team – The Champions –WWE Champion, Ultimate Warrior, Intercontinental Champion, the Texas Tornado, and WWE World Tag Team Champions, the Hart Foundation (Bret the Hitman Hart and Jim the Anvil Neidhart)
vs.
The Heel Team – The Visionaries – Rick Martel, the Warlord, Boris Zhukov, and Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma) (with Slick)

I tried to keep everyone that was on the original card on my version. Instead of five 4-on-4 traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match, I made it four 5-on-5 matches. I liked your idea of giving each manager their own teams. I made the "Grand Finale Match of Survival" a 4-on-5 traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match.

worst ppv of all time..?? thats a lil harsh.. its actually my fondest memory of my childhood wrestling fandom!! such a fun ppv, dont 4get, the gobbeldy gooker was a popcorn segment, give fans a break since every match was a multi-man survivor series match...

i enjoy all the rebooking ideas, as i agree if macho man wasnt injured it would have been great since he was RED HOT as a heel at the time.. and i wish wish wish vince and rude would have worked out their issues ( or rudes issues)
BUT i was 6 yrs ol at the time and from intro to grand finale, this was the perfect example of wrestling that RULED for kids.. it truly was my FAVORITE PPV OF ALL TIME
i still get goosebumps watching the awesome intro by vince mcmahon, and i LOVE the opening match it has awesome pre-match promos which both sides are like a comic book come to LIFE..

and the UNDERTAKER debut , so much credibility having him introduced by Ted Dibiase, as if TEDDY bought and paid for his services thru brother love.. dont 4get, ted having debuted in 1987 is one of the top heels coming from great programs with hulk, savage, brutus, bossman, & roberts.. and watching BRET work smoothly and making taker & honky& hammer look great, and doing what he did best that is rarely done today.. making it look like u came THIS CLOSE to winning without having to use FINISHERS.. and getting pinned but being able to kick out at 3 and get right up.. as if to say u dont always have to DEMOLISH ur opponent, you just have to keep his shoulders to the mat for THREE SECONDS...

of course i hated the slaughter match but those were the low card jah-brones.. the model's Visionaries vs Snake man's vipers cool look, cool promos, good match.. HULKS's anti-iraq promo made my mother cry, and next day i hung yellow ribbons on trees in my neighborhood...

you cant be a lifelong fan my age and Not LOVE this ppv.. i enjoy shtick like this more than 5 star matches .. dont get me wrong, i enjoy roh 2005 watching punker and fat joe & am dragon & sydal & daniels & styles & cesaro & nigel break their necks for 60 mins doin top rope powerbombs and tiger suplexes and jack evans flippin 7 times before landing dome first on concrete but this is so much fun and full of characters with storylines..heck every match had atleast one if not more storylines that ran months & months...heck martel cost jake his eyesight for a short time!! power & glory took out shawn michaels at summerslam so they only had to beat marty.. i could go on.. this year we'll be lucky if we get one multi-match and kane & taker with some guys added 2 weeks b4 vs the wyatts when it should be Taker & Kane & Ambrose & Reigns vs WYATTS.. just cause reigns is #1 contender doesnt mean he cant challenge for it in dec or jan... then rollins could help eliminate reigns & continue their feud, get juice out of it....

A lot of plans for this event got messed up around Summerslam - when Brutus was hurt originally Davey Boy was taking that slot but he too got hurt, so they put Kerry into the spot. Originally Davey would have been in that match, feuding with Perfect...

This period wasn't so much a creative nadir as an "oil change" of talent, much as they did in 1987-1988. A lot of guys who appeared at Mania 6 were either on the way out like Koko, Zukhov, Dusty Rhodes and they had lost Rick Rude as well which was a big mistake on Vince's part. Some like Greg Valentine and Dino Bravo didn't make one more year either.

Around this time WWE debuted a lot of talent, The Mountie, The Undertaker, The Berzerker, Dustin Rhodes and Shane Douglas. I think they could have made good use of nearly all of them on this show.

The Battle Of Survival was a great wrinkle that should have stayed past one year.

I'm "taking control from Summerslam" and this is my card...

The Warriors vs The Heenan Family/Rude's Brood

The Ultimate Warrior, Kerry Von Erich & The Legion Of Doom vs WWF Champion Rick Rude (he won it in the cage at Summerslam) Mr. Perfect, Demolition Smash & Crush (Ax & Bobby Heenan at Ringside)

Hulk Hogan is on guest commentary for the match and can't help but get involved when Rick Rude gets in his face, Hogan inadvertently costing Warrior a DQ loss which allows Rude to get the final pinfall over Kerry with a roll-up/pull of the tights. Sole Survivor - WWF Champion Rick Rude.

The Mercenaries vs The Alliance

The Alliance Team basically remains as is - Slaughter, Zhukov & Orient Express vs Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Shane Douglas & The Bushwhackers.

Instead of Tito's shock survival here we get the "cinderella story" of Shane Douglas, he stuns Slaughter after Duggan is DQ'd for using the 2x4 on him to be the Sole Survivor.

The Dream Team vs The Million Dollar Team

Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes, The Hart Foundation vs Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker & Rhythm & Blues

Dustin takes the place of Koko here, and falls victim to the first Tombstone, which sets up the Dusty/Taker brawl to the back. Otherwise the match goes exactly as it did - Bret getting a star making performance and the near win, only for DiBiase to snatch it from him. The Undertaker survives along with DiBiase.

Hulkamaniacs vs The Natural Disasters

Hulk Hogan, IC Champion The British Bulldog, Big Bossman & Tugboat vs Earthquake, Dino Bravo, The Barbarian & The Berserker/John Nord

Davey Boy Smith starts off strong, taking out both Barbarian & Bravo before The Mountie gets an upset win over big Bossman. Hogan takes out John Nord and The Mountie... With Hogan and Co. headed for a dominant victory, Tugboat suddenly turns, levelling Hogan from behind! Hogan rolls out of the ring leaving Davey at the mercy of the new Disasters tag team... The Warrior runs down to ringside to even up the score and levels both with trademark clotheslines, allowing Davey to avoid a loss before Hogan resurfaces and hulks up... hot tag and pinfall... but he then notices Warrior (Hogan has no idea Tugboat turned...as he didn't see the attack), Hogan assumes Warrior was the one to take him out and the two argue with Davey in the middle trying to seperate them... when the ref backs up what happened, the two share a tentative handshake, but you can tell there is major tension. Hogan & Smith survive.

The Visonaries vs The Vipers

Rick Martel, The Warlord & Power & Glory vs Jake Roberts, The Rockers & Tito Santana

No cleansweep here, the final is currently 3 on 3 and Shawn and Marty manage to take out Herc and Roma early with the Rocker Dropper, only for the Warlord to take them both out in a power display... Tito hits a flying forearm out of nowhere after Shawn's elimination, knocking Warlord into Martel and off the apron, shades of Wrestlemania V and the start of their feud... Martel is livid and allows Warlord to be counted out, disgusted at his "clumsiness", much as he was with Tito. Jake is next eliminated with his one eye, leaving the "final showdown" (that we never actually got) between Martel and Santana, which Rick takes with the Boston Crab when Tito "loses consciousness". Sole Survivor - Rick Martel.

Final Battle

Hulk Hogan, IC Champion Davey Boy Smith & Shane Douglas vs WWF Champion Rick Rude, Ted DiBiase, The Undertaker, The Model Rick Martel.

This is a shocking turn of events - a 3 on 4 main event puts the 3 faces in major jeopardy, especially with Bobby Heenan also at ringside. The special guest referee for this match is.... Macho Man Randy Savage

Shane Douglas starts a house afire and comes close to an upset on Ted DiBiase before the Undertaker makes the save and stalls his momentum. Rick Rude tags in and continues the onslaught, cutting the ring off. Douglas finally manages to tag Hogan, only for Rude to tag out, thwarting us seeing them face off. Smith gets a pinfall on Martel, Taker is DQ'd when he refuses to release a choke on Hogan and Rude gets a pinfall over Shane.

We're at 2-2 after 20 minutes when Davey Boy uses the same move Bret tried on DiBiase earlier in the night, this time however, he is ready for the counter and rolls through to snare DiBiase, only to fall to a Rude Awakening as he is totally spent.

It's finally down to Hogan and the Champ... it seems that a repeat of Mania V is on the cards with Heenan grabs Hogan's legs but this causes a hulk up. Heenan distracts Savage long enough for Rude to duck the big boot and level Hogan with the belt, busting him open. Rude scores a massive pinfall over the Hulkster in their first proper encounter and taunts Hogan after the bell... this is the first real "heels win" PPV WWE has ever produced... The faces get a measure of revenge when Randy Savage gets in Rude's face to stop the taunting.

This might all seem a little "complex" but the idea is that several arcs then follow on into the Rumble and Mania. Hogan V Warrior 2 is bound to happen, but both are legit contenders for the title as well - Randy Savage being involved also gives an earlier (and better) route back in for him. My actual booking for WM7 would have been similar to how 10 turned out with with 2 title matches - Rude v Savage and then against the winner of Hogan and Warrior. Personally I'd have gone with Savage stunning Rude and walking out with the belt that night after avenging his defeat to Warrior - setting up a full blown Warrior heel turn.

Rebooking Survivor Series 1990:

1.The Warriors (The Ultimate Warrior & The Legion Of Doom & Nikolai Volkoff) def. The Perfect Team (Mr. Perfect and Demolition) in a Four on Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Sole Survivor: The Ultimate Warrior

2.The Million Dollar Team (Ted Dibiase & The Undertaker & Rhythm and Blues (The Honky Tonk Man and Greg Valentine)) def.The Vipers (Jake Roberts & Jimmy Snuka & The Rockers) in a Four on Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Sole Survivors: Ted Dibiase and The Undertaker.

3.The Dream Team (Dusty Rhodes & The Hart Foundation & Shane Douglas) def. The Visionaries (Rick Martel & Boris Zhukov & Power and Glory) in a Four on Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Sole Survivors: Dusty Rhodes and Bret Hart.

4.The Mercenaries (Sgt. Slaughter & The Warlord & The Orient Express) def. The Alliance (The Texas Tornado & Tito Santana & The Bushwhackers) in a Four on Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Sole Survivor: Sgt. Slaughter and The Warlord

5.The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan & Jim Duggan & Big Boss Man & Tuugboat) def. The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Haku & The Barbarian & Dino Bravo) in a Four on Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Sole Survivor: Hulk Hogan.

6.Ultimate Survivors Match:
Team A (The Ultimate Warrior & The Undertaker & Dusty Rhodes & Sgt. Slaughter) vs Team B (Hulk Hogan & Ted Dibiase & The Warlord & Bret Hart) in a Four on Four "Ultimate Survivors" Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

Ultimate Survivor: The Ultimate Warrior

Rebookins SS1990 would go

1) Ultimate Warrior, Tornado, Tito Santana & Big Boss Man v Mr Perfect, Haku, Barbarian & Dino. I would have BossMan pin Haku, Perfect/Barbie pin Tito, Warrior pin Bravo, Bossma/Barbie double DQ/Co, Perfect pins Tornado then Warrior pins Perfect. This works because Warrior and Bossman have feauded with Heenan and his family members and Tornado/Perfect have feuded over the I.C Title. There is enough talent here to make this decent. Sole Survivor; Warrior

2) Dusty, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart & Koko v Ted Dibiase, Greg Valentine, Honkey Tonk Man & The Undertaker. Keep the same, with Undertakers debut and the Bret/Dibiase faceoff with Dibase advancing. Sole Survivor; Ted Dibiase

3) Jake Roberts, Shawn Michaels, Marty Janetty & Jimmy Snake v Rick Martel, Hercules, Paul Roma & The Warlord. Keep the same with all the heels advancing although may swap an ageing Snuka for Douglas. All 4 heels survive.

4) Hulk Hogan, Animal, Hawk & Tugboat v Earthquake, Ax, Smash & Crush. Earquake quickly pins Tugboat and its 4v3 for a while until Hawk pins Ax. Hulk pins Smash with the legdrop and then pins Earhquake after fighting of Jimmy Hart & Fuji. L.O.D then pin Crush with a double team. Neither Earthquake or Demolition needed protection at this point as they would be shunted down the card soon after so give Hulk & L.O.D the big win. Survivors; Hulk Hogan & L.O.D

5) Jim Duggan, Butch, Luke & Nikoli Volkov v Randy Savage, Sgt Slaughter, Sato & Tanaka. The faces quickly pin The Orient Express but Slaughter & Savage even things up by pinning A Bushwacker each, Slaughter then beats Volkov into submission but is DQ'D after he handles the ref and continues to attack Volkov, this leads to Savage v Duggan where Savage manages to pin Duggan with a surprise roll up (Duggan doesn't need constant protection). The match now has more star power and forms a Savage/Slaughter alliance for the next PPV. Sole Survivor; Randy Savage

6) Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Animal & Hawk v Randy Savage, Ted Dibiase, Rick Martel, Hercules, Paul Roma & The Warlord. Warrior quickly pins Warlord but Dibiase evens things up by pinning Hawk interference from either Virgil or the other hells, Warrior pins Dibiase and Martel walks after been triple teamed by the faces, Savage pins Animal with his feet on the ropes... then its Savage/Warrior going to a DDQ or a CO. Hogan then overcomes P&G to send the fans home happy. This gives us a brief Warrior/Savage showing, Hogan & Warrior on the same side and the chance for Hogan to stand alone, this could help decide who the company wants to put the belt on. Warrior/Savage & Martel are protected leading up to Wrestlemania and L.O.D don't look bad jobbing to singles stars at the top of the card (plus they picked up a big win earlier).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back