Getting Noticed By Management
SURVIVOR SERIES 1992

MAIN EVENT
THE HITMEN:

Bret Hitman Hart/ Randy Savage/ Marty Jannetty/ British Bulldog
vs
THE NATURE BOYS:
Ric Flair/ Razor Ramon/ Shawn Michaels/ Mr. Perfect

BUILDUP: Flair defeated Savage for the WWF title in September due to interference from Razor Ramon. Flair then lost the title to Bret Hart in October. Bret meanwhile had dropped the IC title to Bulldog who then went on to drop it to Shawn Michaels. Shawn meanwhile had adopted Sherri (Macho's old manager) as his new valet wwhile his old tag team partner Marty Jannetty had just returned to the WWF looking for revenge. Mr.Perfect was also making his comeback to the ring at this event. All of these guys are interwined someway or another around this time and all 8 are among the best wrestlers of the early 90s. This could have possibly been the best pure talent ever assembled for two Surivvor Series teams.

There are a few holes in this otherwise perfect plot though. Most notably that Bulldog was released from the WWF just prior to Survivor Series due to the steroid trial. So with him gone, changes have to be made. Mr. Perfect has a falling out with Flair and Heenan and decides to switch teams which results in the heels having to replace Perfect with Rick The Model Martel. Now the storyline becomes can the babyfaces trust Mr.Perfect. And on the heal side can Shawn and Martel get along after their recent match at Summerslam. So the new main event becomes...

THE HITMEN
Bret Hart/ Randy Savage/ Marty Jannetty/ Mr.Perfect
VS
THE NATURE BOYS
Ric Flair/ Razor Ramon/ Shawn Michaels/ The Model

ELIMINATIONS
Bret eliminates Martel via sharpshooter
Razor eliminates Savage via Razors edge after using some brass knucks
Perfect eliminates Flair with a hanful of trunks. Flair is irate.
Shawn elminates Perfect with a superkick. Flair holds Perfects leg down from the outside. Perfect chases Flair to the back.
Shawn eliminates Marty after hitting him with the IC title. This leaves Bret alone against Shawn and Razor
Razor is disqualified for shoving the referree and throwing a toothpick in his face. Fans cheer as it is now even, but an irate Razor takes his anger out on the champion Bret. Refs force Razor to leave. Razor is never pinned and got the best of Bret for most of the match. This sets Razor up as the #1 contender.
And we're down to Bret vs Shawn. Champion vs Champion.
This way we stilll get the one on one match they had that year at Surivovr Series. Let them wrestle a good 15 miniute finish then ends Shawn tapping to the sharpshooter.

SOLE SURVIVOR: WWF CHAMPION: Bret Hart

THE IMPOUND LOT
Crush/ The Big Bossman/ The Natural Disasters
VS
CRIME INCROPORATED
Nailz/ The Repo Man/ Money Incorporated

BUILD: Corporate Crime and Street crime unite in the form of Money Inc, Nailz and Repo Man. On the other side are their rivals. Crush fought Repo at Summerslam. Bossman was feuding with Nailz. And the Diasters were feuding with Money Inc. I also like that Crush, Quake and Typhoon all wear similar ring gear and their names just gel well together.

ELIMINATIONS
Crush eliminates The Repo Man
Nailz eliminates The Bossman
Nailz disqualified for choking Bossman with nightstick after he's been eliminated.
Evil Doink (who had been appearing in crowds around the time of Survivor Series to hype his eventual debut) appears at ringside and distracts Crush. Blinding him with some kind of mist from the flower on his jacket. Crush is counted out.
Money Inc are outmatched against The Disasters so JImmy Hart orders them to hightail out of the ring and protec their tag titles and not risk injury.

SURIVVORS: Natural Disasters win by countout

THE DARKSIDE
Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, Tatanka, High Energy
vs
THE FEARSOME FIVESOME
Kamala, Papa Shango, Yokozuna, Headshrinkers

BUILD: On the heel side you have real life family members Yokozuna and The Headshinkers, along with facepainted monster heels Kamala and Papa Shango to form a pretty intimidating group. Kamala and The Headshrinkers are also both cannibal characters. On the face side we have several characters from parts unknown with mystical superpowers such as The Undertaker (who was feuding with Kamala), The Warrior (who was feuding with Shango--another character with mystical powers) and Tatanka. High Energy are there to round things out, plus they did have a match with Headshrinkers at the 92 Survivor Series.

The only hole in this match is that Warrior left the WWF just prior to the event. So he would have to be replaced. My choice would be Max Moon. Max Moon, like Taker and Tatanka is a parts unknown-mystical superhero like character and he would make a great tag team partner for The Rocket Owen Hart. So the new match looks like this:

THE DARKSIDE
Undertaker, Tatanka, Max Moon, The Rocket, Koko B.Ware
vs
THE FEARSOME FIVESOME
Kamala, Papa Shango, The Headshrinkers, Yokozuna

ELIMINATIONS:
Koko by Yoko via banzai drop
Owen by Fatu via top rope samoan splash
Max Moon by Yokozuna
(at this point it's just Taker and Tatanka against the 5 monster heels)
Samu by Undertaker
Fatu by Undertaker
Papa Shango by Tatanka
Tatanka by Yokozuna via banzai drop
(I considered having Tatanka survive to keep his undefeated streak alive but in retrospect they never went anywhere with that streak so it's more important to keep newcomer Yokozuna looking dominant. Undertaker now alone against Kamala and Yokozuna.)
Kamala by Undertaker
Undertaker by Yokozuna (At one point it was 5 vs 2 an The Undertaker narrowed it down to one one one but here he runs out of gas and Yokozuna finally eliminates him. Strong showing by Undertaker but Yokozuna has an even stronger debut.)

SOLE SURIVOR:Yokozuna

GRANDE FINALE
IF they decided to add a Grande finale seeing as how there are only 3 matches on the card, it would be Yokozuna vs The Natural Disasters & Bret Hart. It would take place directly after the main event so Bret Hart would be prettty exhausted meaning it is not as lopsided against Yokozuna as it appears. The announcers make it seem like it is really just Yoko vs The Disasters and that Bret has little chance of surviving after having just wrestled Shawn Michals in a greuling match and now having this new monster Yokozuna make his way to the ring. So Bret stays on the apron most of the match while Yoko fights the two Disasters.
Yoko eliminates Typhoon
Yoko eliinates Earthquake (Yoko beating both disasters firmly cements him as the new dominate big man in the WWF. It is now down to Yoko and Bret which foreshadows their Mania match to come in a few months.)
A tired Yoko is disqualified when he gets caught throwing salt into Bret's eyes which forewshadows the finish to their match at Wrestlmania.

SOLE SURVIVOR: Bret Hart. But it is Yokozuna who raises his arms in victory. A much stronger debut for Yokozuna rather than simply beating Virgil in a squash match which is the route they went.

Leftout: Beverly Brothers, Berzerker, Skinner, Nasty Boys, Buswhackers, Virgil, El Matador
All of these guys were jobbers at this point and I see no real value in having them on the show. A few wrestlers I wanted to include were The Steiner Brothers, Bam Bam Bigelow and Evil Doink, all of whom would have made great editions to this ppv, unfortunately they each didn't debut until after the event towards the end of 1992.

This is one of my favourite ever PPVS. And the reason being is, although I had seen WWF on PPV before, I had only ever seen them on home video -and had seen them out of sync and order. It was the first one I saw via cable TV in my home in the UK (it was actually on satellite SKY SPORTS TV - there was no SKY SPORTS 1-5 in them days).

If I could re-book it - I would have had High Energy vs HBK and The Model Rick Martel - OR I would have had High Energy go over the HeadShrinkers. In these days nobody (as a casual fan) knew how excellent Owen Hart was as a high flyer.

If I could have rebooked the Main Event (which was perfectly well done and executed as it was); I would have put Macho Man vs Bret Hart for the WWF title with Bret Hart Winning via Sharpshooter submission and then Macho Man shaking his hand after as an endorsement of Bret.

The fact that HBK is the greatest wrestler that has ever wrestled for WWF doesn't matter when we consider this time - HBK was over but not Main Event ready (he had only been solo for 11 months and had been a mid carder for that time). It really was a stark contrast to the "old" WWF of Hogans day. Which as nice for true technical wrestling fans like me, but not for mainstream passing casual fans. And this showed in the PPV buy rate. (One thing we have to remember though - as a 1.4% buy rate, it was not a terrible number). The following 12 years of Survivor Series was down on that number but we also have to remember that the homes with PPV capability grew enormously over the following 12 years).

I would have loved to see Mr Perfect wrestle Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair take on Razor Ramon at this event (Razor could have talked Bobby the Brain in to helping him turn on Flair).

Would have been fun but I still love this PPV. Especially the Nailz and Bossman nightstick on a pole match haha

I also wouldn't have put Kamala in against Undertaker in a Coffin Match. I think it should have been a longer bout slightly - but in them days the Undertaker was very slow and boring in the ring (because of his character not his ability).

Rebook Survivor Series 1992:

1.Opening Match: The Bad Guys (Razor Ramon & Yokozuna & Kamala & Crush) def. Team Deadmans (The Undertaker & Mr. Perfect & Big Boss Man & Virgil) in a Four vs Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

2.Tatanka def. Rick Martel.

3.Present vs Future Never Before Match: "The Macho Man" Randy Savage def. "The Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

4.The Headshrinkers def. High Energy.

5.The Nasty Team (The Nasty Boys & The Natural Disasters) def. The Money Team (Money Inc. & The Beverly Brothers) in a Four vs Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

6.World Title Main Event:Bret Hart def. Ric Flair (C) to win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.

Rebook Survivor Series 1992:

1.Opening Match: The Bad Guys (Razor Ramon & Yokozuna & Kamala & Crush) def. Team Deadmans (The Undertaker & Mr. Perfect & Big Boss Man & Virgil) in a Four vs Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

2.Tatanka def. Rick Martel.

3.Present vs Future Never Before Match: "The Macho Man" Randy Savage def. "The Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

4.The Headshrinkers def. High Energy.

5.The Nasty Team (The Nasty Boys & The Natural Disasters) def. The Money Team (Money Inc. & The Beverly Brothers) in a Four vs Four Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match.

6.World Title Main Event:Bret Hart def. Ric Flair (C) to win the WWF World Heavyweight Championship.

A couple of points:

* Crush was a baby face until Summer 1993
* Savage had fought Michaels on the European tour straight after Wrestlemania VIII, at least one of which was available on VHS, so they couldn't bill it as a 'never seen before' match. Would have been great to see it on ppv though.

I also would have preferred to see Bret win the title on ppv rather than a house show, as you have suggested. Indeedc other than those two points I raised, your card looks pretty decent

My card for this would be different to what was the actual ppv card:

1) Big Bossman, Tatanka, Crush & Santana Vs Nailz, Repo Man, Skinner & Berzerker
8 Man Tag Team Elimination Match. I would have this as a kick off to the show with Bossman being the sole survivor.

2) Nasty Boys & The Natural Disasters Vs Money Inc. & The Beverly Brothers
8 Man Tag Team Elimination Match. Have this stay the same with Money Inc. both surviving the match.

3) Yokozuna, Papa Shango & The Headshrinkers Vs LOD & High Energy
8 Man Survivor Series Elimination Match. I would have Yokozuna and Headhsrinkers win the match with only Shango being eliminated.

4) The Undertaker Vs Kamala
Singles Match. Stays the same.

5) Savage, Warrior, Janetty, Bulldog Vs Ramon, Mr Perfect, Michaels, Rick Martel
8 Man Survivor Series Elimination Match. I would have this on the card with Ramon being the sole survivor.

6) Ric Flair (C) Vs Bret Hart
Wwf Title Match. This should of been the main event with Hart finally winning the Wwf title and having a huge celebration at the end of the show.

I love your thread and I love your card, MMK. Here's my version.

This one is really tough because of so many departures and changes in plans, but for the sake of Fantasy booking, we’ll pretend all the cards fell into place and anyone who left the company didn’t leave till after the Survivor Series.

Marty Jannetty, Tatanka, Big Bossman, and Crush
vs.
Shawn Michaels, Rick Martel, Nailz, and Repo Man

The Undertaker, El Matador, Virgil, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan (with Paul Bearer)
vs.
Kamala, Papa Shango, Yokozuna, and the Berzerker (with Kim Chee, Harvey Wippleman, and Mr. Fuji)

The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) and the Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon)
vs.
Money Inc. (Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster) and the Beverly Brothers (Beau Beverly and Blake Beverly) (with Jimmy Hart and the Genius)

The Ultimate Maniacs (Macho Man, Randy Savage, and Ultimate Warrior) and the Legion Of Doom (Hawk and Animal) (with Paul Ellering)
vs.
Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon, and a mystery partner (Bam Bam Bigelow)

Bret the Hitman Hart, British Bulldog, and High Energy (Koko B. Ware and Owen Hart)
vs.
Jake the Snake Roberts, the Mountie, the Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu) (with Jimmy Hart and Afa)

I tried to keep everyone that was on the original card on my version. Instead of one 4-on-4 traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match, with six singles matches and two Tag Team matches, I made it five 4-on-4 matches. I added 12 SuperStars (Marty Jannetty, El Matador, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Papa Shango, the Berserker, Ultimate Warrior, the Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal), Bam Bam Bigelow, British Bulldog, Jake the Snake Roberts, and the Mountie) who were not on the card for various reasons.

My card for this would be different to what was the actual ppv card:

1) Big Bossman, Tatanka, Crush & Santana Vs Nailz, Repo Man, Skinner & Berzerker
8 Man Tag Team Elimination Match. I would have this as a kick off to the show with Bossman being the sole survivor.

2) Nasty Boys & The Natural Disasters Vs Money Inc. & The Beverly Brothers
8 Man Tag Team Elimination Match. Have this stay the same with Money Inc. both surviving the match.

3) Yokozuna, Papa Shango & The Headshrinkers Vs LOD & High Energy
8 Man Survivor Series Elimination Match. I would have Yokozuna and Headhsrinkers win the match with only Shango being eliminated.

4) The Undertaker Vs Kamala
Singles Match. Stays the same.

5) Savage, Warrior, Janetty, Bulldog Vs Ramon, Mr Perfect, Michaels, Rick Martel
8 Man Survivor Series Elimination Match. I would have this on the card with Ramon being the sole survivor.

6) Ric Flair (C) Vs Bret Hart
Wwf Title Match. This should of been the main event with Hart finally winning the Wwf title and having a huge celebration at the end of the show.

Interesting, although this would have required some huge events not to take place in 1992 such as....

Ric Flair's Injury: Flair was MIA for at least 6 weeks with an ear injury he suffered against the Ultimate Warrior at a Phoenix House Show in early October - Having Flair remain the World Champ when he couldn't wrestle, wouldn't be appearing on TV, and with an injury that in initially no one was sure when (or if) it would heel enough for him to ever wrestle again would have been a HUGE gamble for Vince

Ultimate Warrior Fired - Warrior was in line to be World Champion, the entire SummerSlam feud with Randy Savage was to set in motion Flair's regaining the belt, and a subsequent fued with Warrior which would have made Warrior champ again (likely as the main event of S-Series). The two were feuding all over TV on a regular basis and had already started wrestling on the house show circuit. Warrior was dropped shortly after Flair's injury for a variety of reasons, he was already on a short leash and not in good standing when Flair got hurt (which he was blamed for, botching a press slam spot). It also wouldn't have made any sense to even have Warrior fueding with Flair after SummerSlam if he wasn't going to get the belt, you would've needed that time to build up Hart as a legit championship threat to make his title challenge worth buying

If we are going to "fantasy book" these things and forget about the injuries, terminations, etc that lead to a lot of the matches happening as they did in the first place then.....

- WWE Title: Ric Flair (c) vs Hulk Hogan - Flair injures Warrior on Sat Nite Main Event and Hogan returns to thwart his nemesis, they FINALLY face each on PPV, Hogan wins, but Warrior stares him down post match as this was supposed to be "his" title shot

- IC Title: Shawn Michaels (c) vs Brett Hart - with special guest ref The British Bulldog. Tease tension between Hart & Bulldog after HBK steals the title from him and Hart starts feuding with him, Bulldog calls a fair match, despite HBK's protests, until Hart is close to victory and Bulldog screws him out of the win, refusing to count out HBK, as they argue HBK hits a roll up from behind & BB fast counts Brett to the loss, setting up a Bullldog heel turn and a three way feud between them.

Undertaker/LOD/Boss Man vs Yokozuna/Papa Shango/Money Inc - Crazy clash of styles here with Yokozuna as the sole survivor

Warlord/Rick Martel/Haku/Skinner vs Natural Disasters/Tatanka - 4 on 3 Handicap Match, Tatanka is sole Survivor

Grudge Match - Randy Savage & Roddy Piper vs Razor Ramoan & Curt Henning - Henning comes out of retirement but is still a heel in the services of Bobby Heenan & Flair, along with Scott Hall/Razor. Piper returns to help Savage since Hogan is in the main event - Good guys win but Ramoan & Henning brutalize them afterwards, setting up a re match at Royal Rumble.

It is a shame Bret Hart and Randy Savage never had a big PPV match for the title in late 1992 or early 1993. Bret could have really used the rub of going over Savage, and Savage was still good enough that they would have put on a great match.

Bret Hart vs Randy Savage as a Survivor Series 1992 main event would have been epic.

I love your thread and I love your card, MMK. Here's my version.

This one is really tough because of so many departures and changes in plans, but for the sake of Fantasy booking, we’ll pretend all the cards fell into place and anyone who left the company didn’t leave till after the Survivor Series.

Marty Jannetty, Tatanka, Big Bossman, and Crush
vs.
Shawn Michaels, Rick Martel, Nailz, and Repo Man

The Undertaker, El Matador, Virgil, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan (with Paul Bearer)
vs.
Kamala, Papa Shango, Yokozuna, and the Berzerker (with Kim Chee, Harvey Wippleman, and Mr. Fuji)

The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) and the Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon)
vs.
Money Inc. (Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster) and the Beverly Brothers (Beau Beverly and Blake Beverly) (with Jimmy Hart and the Genius)

The Ultimate Maniacs (Macho Man, Randy Savage, and Ultimate Warrior) and the Legion Of Doom (Hawk and Animal) (with Paul Ellering)
vs.
Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon, and a mystery partner (Bam Bam Bigelow)

Bret the Hitman Hart, British Bulldog, and High Energy (Koko B. Ware and Owen Hart)
vs.
Jake the Snake Roberts, the Mountie, the Headshrinkers (Samu and Fatu) (with Jimmy Hart and Afa)

I tried to keep everyone that was on the original card on my version. Instead of one 4-on-4 traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match, with six singles matches and two Tag Team matches, I made it five 4-on-4 matches. I added 12 SuperStars (Marty Jannetty, El Matador, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Papa Shango, the Berserker, Ultimate Warrior, the Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal), Bam Bam Bigelow, British Bulldog, Jake the Snake Roberts, and the Mountie) who were not on the card for various reasons.
A lot of these people was gone.

The WWF give us two big matches here in Savage/Perfect v Flair/Razor and the title match, these matches probably shoulda been better due to the talent involved. There is some changes I would make cause I would like more traditional SS matches.

1) High Energy & Natural Disasters v The Headshrinkers & Beverly Brothers (tag-team elimination rules).
I would have Headshrinkers pin Tugboat, Owen pins one of The Beverlys and then The Headshrinkers eliminate either Owen or Koko. This gives The Headshrinkers a strong PPV debut, a strong showing for Owen if the company need to use him in the future and neither The Naturals or Beverlys needed protection here. Survivors The Headshrinkers. Keep Naturals involvement down to a minimum.

2) Big Boss Man v Nailz. Bossman wins.

3) Tatanka, El Matador & The Nasty Boys v Rick Martel. Money Inc & Terry Taylor. Saggs pins Taylor, IRS pins Saggs, Knobbs pins IRS, Dibiase pins Knobbs. That leaves 3 great workers and a guy who's getting a push. Have Martel pin Tito and then Tatanka overcome Dibiase and Martel to be the sole survivor. Sole Survivor Tatanka. Tatanka looks strong, Nasties and Money Inc continue to feud leading to Mania 9 (which was supposed to happen), Santana jumps at any old chance to fight Martel and Taylors here just to job.

4) Randy Savage & Mr Perfect v Ric Flair & Razor Ramon. Have Savage & Perfect win clean (well by pinfall). Flair was leaving in Jan so just let him take the fall instead of going with a DQ.

5) Yokozuna v Virgil with Yoko destroying Virgil or...
5) Hacksaw, Virgil & The Bushwackers v Yokozuna, Papa Shango, Skinner, Berzerker. Duggan welcomes Yoko to the WWF by challenging him to a match at the SS. Faces get the early advantage until Yoko comes in and cleans house. Survivor(s), either Yoko survives alone or its a clean sweep down to Yoko destroying the faces. The match is here to put Yoko over.

6) Taker v kamala, Taker wins of couse.

7) Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels, Bret wins this one.

Great thread! I actually enjoyed this survivor series... I would leave most of it the same but here's what I would have done differently...

Hacksaw, Virgil & The Bushwackers vs Yokozuna, Papa Shango, Berzerker & The Mountie
I'd have Berzerker, The Mountie and Papa Shango eliminated first leaving Yokozuna to step in and quickly eliminate each opponent. Might have been a fun way to establish Yoko as a beast.. The eliminations would have to be quick tho because Yoko's stamina was always a problem.

or

The Bushwackers vs Yokozuna (handicap match)
What better way to establish Yoko as a complete monster than by having him beat 2 guys at once? High Energy might have been a good option for this match too...

Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels & Rick Martel vs ** Macho Man, Mr.Perfect, Tatanka & Tito Santana
HBK eliminates Tito Santana.

Tatanka pins HBK

A pissed off HBK continues to brawl with Tatanka & the 2 goto the outside where Tatanka gets counted out. This could have set up a feud between the two and added some much-needed context to their match @ Wrestlemania 9.

Razor gets DQ'd after hitting Mr. Perfect with a chair

Flair gets double teamed by Macho Man & Mr. Perfect who easily get the pin & win the match

** I'd replace Macho Man with either Marty Janetty or Sgt Slaughter if Savage was booked in the match below. Obviously the ending would change.

** Razor eliminates Janetty or Slaughter and THEN gets DQ'd. A slightly injured Mr. Perfect comes back and finishes off Ric Flair.

Bret Hart (c) vs Macho Man
A lot of people have suggested this.. I think Bret's first title reign was missing a couple of things: 1) a compelling storyline 2) a win over someone from the old guard. Bret needed to get the rub from someone like Macho Man, Warrior or even Jake The Snake. Someone that casual fans would recognize, in order to give him a little more credibility as champ. At this time, there was no one bigger in WWF than Macho Man...

or

Bret Hart (c) vs Roddy Piper in a Ladder Match
Just trying to come up with something that hasn't been suggested yet. This would tick off the boxes that I earlier said Bret needed. Piper could easily work as a heel, maybe he admits that he's pissed off that Bret beat him @ Wrestlemania 8?

Bret has said that he was pushing for a ladder match at Survivor Series and one of the reasons it didn't happen was Shawn was injured and didn't want to do anything crazy. Piper on the other hand would absolutely be up for something crazy.

At the end of the day, Bret v Shawn was a fine match but did little to really excite the fans about Bret as champ. I think he needed some sort of signature win/storyline to make his first reign a little more memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back