• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reasons you have stopped watching wrestling

Kaneanite

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm sure all of us, at some point, have taken a break from watching Wrestling or just stopped altogether. For me, it is about to begin.

Last night "The Miz" was crowned WWE champion. I really shouldn't have to say more, but I digress..

-He is not good in the ring. Sorry. He's not "improving" like his shaftees seem to say he is. That is just an excuse for "ok he is bad but you never know, maybe he'll be good someday".

-His name is the worst name in the wrestling business

-He does not have "the look". Ok, quote that and cry about how you are tired of hearing about "the look" and how Rey Mysterio (terrible champion) was tiny but he won and all that yeah nice. With all that said, HE DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD LOOK. Short, stubby, looks like a college frat boy. How is this believable?

-His mic work is insanely overrated by the IWC. I'm not saying he is bad on the mic, but people call him the next Jericho. Seriously? No, seriously?

-He is YET TO PUT ON A MEMORABLE MATCH. The triple threat with Morrison and Bryan I personally loved but mostly (almost entirely) due to the other 2's work.

-He is annoying. I have been watching wrestling for a very long time now. Very long time. Heels have frustrated me, sure. I've marked out for faces a lot too. But this guy doesn't annoy me because he is a heel. You don't get it. He annoys me because of everything I just listed above and yet he is a WWE champion. Even if this guy was a face he'd annoy me. So don't give me the "he's just doing his heel job annoying you!" type crap.

-I have seen the IWC compare him to The Rock, Austin, Jericho, and Shawn Michaels. This is close to depressing. Is this really what wrestling is now? A guy that has never put on a memorable match is compared to 4 of the biggest and brightest stars the company has ever and will ever seen/see?

So now that this guy is at the top, over people like Cena, Orton, Barrett, HHH (I'd rather honestly have an injured HHH that can't even compete as Champion over Miz), Sheamus, and others I really can't do it anymore. I'm sorry but I'm done. I know this is going to annoy a lot of Miz's fans and get them all antsy and calling me names but what the fuck ever I had to vent on this.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. I AM SERIOUS WHEN ASKING "WHAT MADE YOU STOP WATCHING WRESTLING" BECAUSE I AM SERIOUS ABOUT STOPPING RIGHT NOW... IF THIS TURNS INTO A MIZ THREAD I AM GOING TO BE UNJUSTLY MODERATED. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPEAK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID AT LEAST HAVE THE COURTESY TO STATE WHETHER YOU HAVE EVER STOPPED WATCHING OR NOT AND WHY. THANKS GUYS.

This feels more like a Miz Hate Thread then an actual "Have I stopped watchiing wrestling ever" Thread.

-He is not good in the ring. Sorry. He's not "improving" like his shaftees seem to say he is. That is just an excuse for "ok he is bad but you never know, maybe he'll be good someday".

Compared to who? When The Miz started out in the Million Dollar Tough Enough, he was the last guy I figured would get a contract from WWE. He managed to be the sole survivor of that AND go on to team with JoMo in a very over team known as Dirt Sheet.

And just because you think he isn't good in the ring doesn't mean he truly isn't. We all have opinions on what makes a good wrestler. Until you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that he is a terrible performer then I can't believe your statement.

You obviously haven't heard of Dolph Ziggler.

-He does not have "the look". Ok, quote that and cry about how you are tired of hearing about "the look" and how Rey Mysterio (terrible champion) was tiny but he won and all that yeah nice. With all that said, HE DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD LOOK. Short, stubby, looks like a college frat boy. How is this believable?

Again, who are you to say who has "the look" and who doesn't? He looks different from the rest and his microphone usage stands out.

-His mic work is insanely overrated by the IWC. I'm not saying he is bad on the mic, but people call him the next Jericho. Seriously? No, seriously?

I find it kind of funny how you berate his mic skills then quote him. He is obviously doing something right.

-He is YET TO PUT ON A MEMORABLE MATCH. The triple threat with Morrison and Bryan I personally loved but mostly (almost entirely) due to the other 2's work.

QUICK! Name a memorable match Jack Swagger had before obtaining the WWE Championship. Seriously though, this is a weak argument. Memorable matches usually come from having the gold itself, because people remember better when a title is on the line.

-He is annoying. I have been watching wrestling for a very long time now. Very long time. Heels have frustrated me, sure. I've marked out for faces a lot too. But this guy doesn't annoy me because he is a heel. You don't get it. He annoys me because of everything I just listed above and yet he is a WWE champion. Even if this guy was a face he'd annoy me. So don't give me the "he's just doing his heel job annoying you!" type crap.

Annoying is the best offense you can take? The same show that features the bratty LayCool shtick isn't as annoying as Miz? Really?

-I have seen the IWC compare him to The Rock, Austin, Jericho, and Shawn Michaels. This is close to depressing. Is this really what wrestling is now? A guy that has never put on a memorable match is compared to 4 of the biggest and brightest stars the company has ever and will ever seen/see?

You want to know why these guys are so memorable? Because of the things they did in the WWE as a result of being a champion. People thought Rocky Maivia sucked before he held his first title. And he wasn't even a heel when he was being booed at first. They thought he generally sucked compared to the movement that was going on at the time.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. I AM SERIOUS WHEN ASKING "WHAT MADE YOU STOP WATCHING WRESTLING" BECAUSE I AM SERIOUS ABOUT STOPPING RIGHT NOW... IF THIS TURNS INTO A MIZ THREAD I AM GOING TO BE UNJUSTLY MODERATED. IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPEAK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID AT LEAST HAVE THE COURTESY TO STATE WHETHER YOU HAVE EVER STOPPED WATCHING OR NOT AND WHY. THANKS GUYS.

First and foremost, this was a thread to bash The Miz. You can call it anything you want, but you were wayyy too in-depth on your hatred for the cat to say otherwise. I personally don't care either way for the guy, but truth is his time was coming and you'd have to be a fool not to realize that.

Now, to answer your topic's question without any bias, I stopped watching WWE for a while in 2002 and got back on it in 2004. My reason was because I was tired of watching Triple H kill everything in his path, and I was equally as tired of watching Brock Lesnar do the same on the other show. To me it was like they were running the same gimmick on dual programs with very little opposition. I do not enjoy watching wrestlers get buried; I prefer a challenge. WWE wasn't letting these two let up any time soon, so I waited till things got to my liking.

I started back when Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P.) beat Lesnar.

I too didn't enjoy HHH squashing everyone. However, I am a HHH fan. He is a true legend to the business and a pleasure to watch. I also think "The Game" is the best nickname in entertainment, period. There were plenty of other things going on in wrestling at that time to keep me entertained. Nowadays it seems like everyone's storyline is dry, boring, or non-existent other than the main-eventers.

Your comment about me doing this just to bash Miz... well in a way it is..? I'm completely serious that I'm done watching (at least for now) because Miz is champion. This is not a new concept - something that you don't like happens on a show so you stop watching it. Especially in the WWE. I know that 1 year, 3 years, 20 years WWE will most likely still be around so taking a break now isn't a bad thing. People have done it before, I'm curious to here why. I am genuinely curious. If I just wanted to bash Miz I'd hop in one of the 90 threads about him. He just happens to be the reason I'm done.

As for your comments about the Miz, well, I stated my opinion and you stated yours. We can agree to disagree if you want. Couple things I remember off the top of my head without quoting you:

-I didn't really berate his mic skills. But I do think they are overrated. Things can be overrated but still good. Like Derek Jeter (well... he was both overrated and bad this year but that's a whole other story). Quoting him was just to mock it.

-Dolph Ziggler... ok you are right. Miz has the SECOND worst name in wrestling.

-Yes I find him more annoying than whatever Diva you brought up. Diva's/Women's wrestling is the dumbest shit I have ever seen. I take bathroom breaks during it, so I am not aware of the annoyingness of it. So Miz wins that award.

-I'm not even close to the only one that thinks he doesn't have the look. Tons agree. So I'm on to something there. Unfortunately, Vince doesn't agree and that's all that matters.

-I don't care if Swagger never had a memorable match (though... he's a much more believable champion than Miz) because I am talking about Miz right now. We claim he "fought his way to the top" as if he's some rebel warrior and yet he hasn't put on a single memorable match? Whatever happened to guys going from the IC title to glory or at least having that one huge feud (the Bryan feud was good, but Bryan can't push someone into the ME yet...)? I'm not blaming the Miz for these forced pushes because they've been going on for quite a bit now, but that doesn't make his case any more justifiable. Based on what I've seen from his in-ring work so far I don't see how he could put on a memorable match unless he got carried by his opponent really hard.

First post on the forum.

I for one am a fan of the miz. I think he has a lot of potential. Can someone explain what a college frat boy looks like. I'm from the uk so i have no clue. Also how is he short and stubby. His muscles are not that bad. (no homo)

Your comment about me doing this just to bash Miz... well in a way it is..? I'm completely serious that I'm done watching (at least for now) because Miz is champion. This is not a new concept - something that you don't like happens on a show so you stop watching it. Especially in the WWE. I know that 1 year, 3 years, 20 years WWE will most likely still be around so taking a break now isn't a bad thing. People have done it before, I'm curious to here why. I am genuinely curious. If I just wanted to bash Miz I'd hop in one of the 90 threads about him. He just happens to be the reason I'm done.

Why would you be done watching just because of the Miz? We get that you don't like him, but damn there are a lot more things on the show now than just him. What is Nexus going to do now that Cena is gone and Barrett is likely out of title options. What will Orton do? Daniel Bryan is the US Champ. We have King of the Ring next week. One reason is stupid and I actually feel sorry for you if Miz is the only reason why you would stop.

Anyway, I've never fully stopped watching wrestling. Back in 2004 I stopped watching for a little bit because I was spending time with my brother who had recently got back from Iraq, and then into the fall I was just starting high school. I would flip it on every so often just to check it out, but wouldn't watch like I currently do. Back then I was still an impressionable mark and could still get worked up over anything. Then I came back more and more often towards the end of 2005. Cena was the champ going into Armageddon, then I saw Raw the next night and I stayed hooked through now.

Why would you be done watching just because of the Miz? We get that you don't like him, but damn there are a lot more things on the show now than just him. What is Nexus going to do now that Cena is gone and Barrett is likely out of title options. What will Orton do? Daniel Bryan is the US Champ. We have King of the Ring next week. One reason is stupid and I actually feel sorry for you if Miz is the only reason why you would stop.

Anyway, I've never fully stopped watching wrestling. Back in 2004 I stopped watching for a little bit because I was spending time with my brother who had recently got back from Iraq, and then into the fall I was just starting high school. I would flip it on every so often just to check it out, but wouldn't watch like I currently do. Back then I was still an impressionable mark and could still get worked up over anything. Then I came back more and more often towards the end of 2005. Cena was the champ going into Armageddon, then I saw Raw the next night and I stayed hooked through now.

That's the thing though, there really isn't that much going on for me in the WWE right now. Miz just put it over the top of terribleness in my eyes. The Raw GM story is boring now, Daniel Bryan is cool and all but I can't care for the midcard titles like I used to because they just aren't the same meaning, so many guys right now don't even have storylines... maybe KOTR will fix that?

I love that Morrison is getting a push and hopefully his mic skills improve. It sucks that Cena is gone but I'm sure he'll win the Rumble this year (in Boston, his hometown, it's almost obvious) at which point Barrett will have the title and they will face off at Mania. I really think that will happen and if it does I'll come back. As for Nexus, the members of it are a revolving door. I just don't care now.

Kudos to your brother for serving the country.

Last night "The Miz" was crowned WWE champion. I really shouldn't have to say more, but I digress..

-He is annoying. I have been watching wrestling for a very long time now. Very long time. Heels have frustrated me, sure. I've marked out for faces a lot too. But this guy doesn't annoy me because he is a heel. You don't get it. He annoys me because of everything I just listed above and yet he is a WWE champion. Even if this guy was a face he'd annoy me.

[/B]

Agreed, I do not like The Miz, never have. And yes his name is appalling, it is not the name of a wrestling champion to me. He isnt that impressive in the ring, and IMO should not be the champ right now. He should have remained as US champ and had a long run with that belt before MAYBE making it to World Title contention in the future.

But, as you said I don't want to slag off Mizz to much incase you get moderated, so I will answer the question....

What makes me stop watching wrestling?????

Well, as I have moved into my own flat and do not have Sky Sports, that is a main reason why I cannot watch WWE right now and have become a bigger fan of TNA due to that being the show I CAN watch lol. I have to make do with reading the WWE results online, and getting my parents to record the occasional show on their Sky Plus until I have it myself...

The title changing hands so much is something that is turning me off, I want to see someone become a dominant champion for around 6-8 months, fighting off all challengers until someone, built up by a big push can have a good long-term feud which culminates in a match that you actually CANNOT WAIT to see. There is not enough of this in wrestling today, with the title being passed around like a hot potato, destroying the importance and credibility of the belt. Had Orton continued feuding with Barrett then I would have really wanted to see Wade eventually get the belt, instead of just shoving Miz in the middle and removing the title from their rivalry, ending it without either walking away as Champion.

I am starting to lose interest due to their being very few wrestlers in the WWE I actually care about, and want to spend time watching. The stars I have grown up with, such as Rock, Michaels, Austin, Angle, Eddie, Benoit, The Hardys, Lesnar are no longer there, as well as guys like Undertaker and Triple H coming to the end of their careers. The new talent coming in has not captured my imagination in the same way. I appreciate how good CM Punk, Daniel Bryan etc are but apart from Randy Orton, Edge, and the wrestlers already mentioned, they just do not hold my interest as much as before.

I miss the violence of the attitude era. While not "thirsty for gore" or anything like that, I enjoyed the original ECW and the action packed WWE of the late 90s, with the Dudleys slamming their opponents through tables, Foly getting thrown off the HIAC, the Hardcore 24/7 rule etc, as much as I enjoyed guys like Dean Malenko, Bret Hart and Kurt Angle giving us a wrestling masterclass in the ring each night. PG era WWE limits this. However, I understand why this is done as the new-found safety procedures to protect the wrestlers is a great thing, as the health of all WWE superstars is far more important than me getting excited over someone getting smashed in the face with a steel chair.

I have other things in my life which take priority to watching wrestling. As a young lad, wrestling was one of the highlights of the week. I would watch it every day, plaster my walls with posters of my heroes and drop everything to watch Raw. But as you get older things take priority, such as girlfriends, my job, going to the gym etc. With the limited free time I have right now, keeping fit, seeing friends, spending time with the missus and even things such as X-Box, going to the cinema, music concerts etc all take up what would have been wrestling time.

So really, there are many reasons why I go through periods of time not seeing that much WWE. Wrestlemania is the only PPV I will buy, and even though Raw was in my hometown of Manchester, UK the other week, I didnt go. I have only ever been to one WWE live show (although I have seen a few live wrestling events), and while I would have liked to go, I had other things I wanted to do that night and they took priority. I always get teased by my girlfriend and mates over my watching wrestling, always being told that its "gay" and "you need to grow up", but I just enjoy it and watching it doesnt hurt anyone. I cannot see a time where I will not want to watch wrestling ever, but maybe in the future I will stick to watching my Attitude era DVDs and just watching the odd bit of modern-day Raw/Smackdown, unless something happens which captures my imagination again

While I agree with some points of the opening post, I highly disagree with other parts of it....

I'm sure all of us, at some point, have taken a break from watching Wrestling or just stopped altogether. For me, it is about to begin.

I wouldn't go that far. If you are going to stop watching for good then you need a really good reason to. If you like Wrestling then you should keep watching, even if you don't like who the champion is. Root for the challengers, root against the guy you dislike. Keep watching. :)

Yes you do. If you don't like Miz then just root against him. Are there other wrestlers you like? You can still watch and enjoy the show for them. If Miz is going to ruin the show for you THAT badly, then I think your taking it a little too seriously.

I agree, he's not good in the ring. The Skull Crushing Finale is kind of cool but the rest of his offense is just bad. He is tolerable for his finisher and his mic skills.

No it's not. The roster is full of names that sound worse. Husky Harris, Michael McGillicutty, Dolph Ziggler, Tyler Reks.... Those all have worse sounding names than The Miz.

It's not. He doesn't have the look at all, I agree with you there. He just looks like an arrogant frat boy, much like you said. Whoever said he has the look has no idea what they are talking about.

Wrong. Would the Miz even be CONSIDERED as a world champion if it weren't for his mic skills? Absolutely not. He has nothing else to offer whatsoever. He may not be Jericho or HBK on the mic but the man has skills. I think you may be biased against him due to not liking him. I don't like Miz that much either (and am SO upset that he beat Morrison in the world title race) but I still recognize the fact that he is gifted on the mic.

Yes, he is bad in the ring we covered that one already. His best matches were the ones against Daniel Bryan and that was because he was facing Daniel Bryan, a guy who could make a plastic bag look good as an opponent.

So you're basically saying he generates "GO AWAY!" heat from you rather than legit heel heat. He does that to my wife too. Guess what though? We are going to keep watching. I'm a lifetime WWE fan and it sounds like you are a fan of many years yourself. Are you going to throw all of that away just to protest Miz being champion? Then he got to you. If you really want to protest Miz being champion then keep watching and root AGAINST him. Root for anybody he's facing. Be against him no matter what he does. That would truly protest him being champion. Don't give up on watching unless you have nothing left about that product that you like anymore. If there are still a few wrestlers left that you like, then try sticking around a little longer and try rooting for them. You will still enjoy the show, I guarantee it. If not, there's always an invention called Fast Forward, skip the parts that Miz is in.

Those people just have wishful thinking. They like The Miz and WANT to see him become as good as those guys. That will never happen. He's nowhere near the level of legends like Shawn Michaels, let alone Stone Cold. Ignore them and keep watching. People with stupid opinions should not influence whether you yourself like the product or not. If that was the case then all of the Cena haters would have gotten me to quit watching years ago.

So now that this guy is at the top, over people like Cena, Orton, Barrett, HHH (I'd rather honestly have an injured HHH that can't even compete as Champion over Miz), Sheamus, and others I really can't do it anymore. I'm sorry but I'm done. I know this is going to annoy a lot of Miz's fans and get them all antsy and calling me names but what the fuck ever I had to vent on this.

You have not given a good reason to quit watching though. Your whole argument is "I hate the Miz and everyon who likes him is stupid so I'm not going to watch Raw anymore!". Yeah, that's not going to make a difference in either the product or their opinions. Like I said before, try rooting for other guys and against the Miz. Or just fast forward through anything he is involved with onscreen. If you have not been watching for that long (a few years or so) then it's less of a big deal to stop. You claim to have watched a long time though, so I'd believe you consider yourself a true fan then. The one and only time a true fan should stop watching is if there is nothing they like about the product. I stopped for a while during the Post-War Era because I hated both Lesnar and American Badass. There wasn't much I liked about the product at the time. Trips retained left and right on Raw while Smackdown had no one I liked during that time. Then Cena got into his rapper character and I came back. My point is this.... If your going to stop watching forever, have a good reason to. The longer you have been a fan, the more important it is to have a good reason to give up your fandom because of all the time you spent enjoying the product.

This is just a Miz bitch-fest really isn't it. Can't even be arsed to go into the small details except to say the following:

If you made it through the shit the Great Khali did as champ, then what the fuck is there to stop you being able to handle The Miz? It's not like he's going to be all over every angle on every WWE show is it?

You come across as one of those overreactor types, the kind who said they were "going to pray every day for Owen and Eddie's souls" yet soon moved on when the next thing happened. Shit happens in wrestling we all dont like. We moan about it but we carry on because there's always enough there to keep you coming back.

I never said anything about Eddie or Owens deaths...

I never said I liked Khali as champion, but at the time there were still things going on in wrestling to keep me interested. And hey, at least Khali was believable even though he sucked in the ring.

I wonder if the reason as to why you post as mad as a fat little girl that got no cake at a birthday party is because your avatar is... the Miz... =/

As I said, there's nothing going on that interests me now and Miz winning the title just put it over the edge. Maybe if Edge gets the WHC I'll watch Smackdown... but then again that's on Friday's and taped so meh..

Raw GM storyline is getting dry, Nexus is a revolving door of members, HHH, Cena, and Jericho are out, apparently Orton has an injury?, the US Title is on Bryan which I love but as I stated the IC and US titles have lost their prestige and he's not even feuding with anyone... not to mention if his entrance music is still that horrible horrible song then he needs a makeover, and now to top all this off... Miz is champion? hahaha no thanks. It's ok, I'll head over to TNA because they have a great champi-.... oh wait.

Only good thing going on is Morrison/Sheamus feud and King of the Ring. I hope Morrison improves his mic skills because he'd be awesome in the ME scene with just better promos. I also hope Sheamus wins KOTR. Needless to say, I won't be watching.

Quite simply put, whenever I'm bored of it.

It's no secret, but take the WWE for example. I find the large majority of their roster, as well as their product incredibly untalented and boring. Most of their performers are dial tone personalities with prepubescent gimmicks that I just don't relate to in any way whatstoever. Couple that with the systematic loss of all the veteran performers one-by-one (Michaels, HHH, Jericho, etc.) and slowly but surely I lose more and more interest until I simply make a conscious choice to stop watching, which is exactly what I did.

The last RAW I saw was a portion of the Old School episode, which I also turned off once I realized it was actually just a regular RAW in an "old school" environment with a few WWE HOF'ers making ridiculous comedy cameos here and there. Prior to that? Coudln't tell you. It's been months. Same goes for SmackDown! — I just don't care.

Can someone explain to me how the miz has a terrible look. It's not that bad is it. What is a frat boy anyways?

Also I have always watched raw. However smackdown i have turned off on many occasions. I did'nt watch in 2008 because i did'nt like triple h with the belt at that time. Also I stopped watching TNA completely this year as it is just terrible in so many ways

"The look" is something you just... understand? It's often stereotyped as you have to be "big", or "have long hair", or things like that. However that is not the case. Kurt Angle, Stone Cold, Benoit, and some others weren't really all that big (especially Benoit) and didn't have long hair but still had the look. The Miz looks like he can't even grow a beard yet for petes sake. His muscle tone isn't something to write home about. His hair looks ******ed. He's not tall. His attire is pretty standard with no real ties to his gimmick... only guy that could really pull that off was Austin. Even Rock would have the bull on his tights from time to time and HHH would have "HHH" or something like that.

To answer the OP's question, the WWE ceased being must see TV when the booking got really bad. Super Cena crushed everyone is his path, the WWE seemed not concerned with hiring interesting wrestlers, or started handcuffing the ones that had personality. And they changed the style of wrestling to where it became tedious to watch: rest hold here, rest hold there, that corny punch and the crowd cheers/ punch and the crowd boo's. Ugh. And the wrestler's aren't concerned with making even simple moves look believable (just look at Kofi Kingston punch someone lol.) and there are no superheels. Only a group of *****es for John Cena and Orton to fuck with. Nexus was like a breath of fresh air.

Now, as far as The Miz goes, yes he's annoying. I would also agree that he's a tad overrated... And he needs to hit the gym a little harder. However, besides John Cena, The Miz may be the most media-friendly champ that The WWE has had in a long time. TMZ even reported on his win. Was it because he was on the Real World? Of course. But he still got more publicity than Orton ever will. And town entertainment company, that's extemely important.

Seriously, if someone makes a uniquely Miz related post again, I will infract them, there are plenty of suitable threads for that.

Onto the matter at hand, Brock Lesnar made me stop wrestling for a long time. It coincided with a point where I couldn't watch wrestling very often anyway, and I just found everything about him to be dull, I just couldn't really relate. I always kept an interest in the product, but never watched it again for several years.

I never really stopped watching wrestling, but I came close several times in 2002 to quitting watching WWE. I didn't have UPN at the time. So, I missed out on the great series of matches between the Smackdown crew (like Eddie, Chavo, Edge, Mysterio, Angle, Benoit, Lesnar, etc.). Raw was just atrocious during this time. There was no rhyme or pattern to it except that Triple H was the man and everyone else didn't deserve to challenge him for the title (which may more or less be true). The undercard was horribly booked, with one memorable feud starting when Booker T called Jericho a sucka. Literally, a feud started when Jericho was called a sucka. This was the era of 3 Minute Warning, Hot Lesbian Action, the random coming and goings of the nWo (up to July), and Bubba Ray Dudley as a singles star. Then, of course, as my sig mentions, there was the glorious storyline that was the Katie Vick story that killed Kane's credibility and was part of a downward twist in the quality of the show that would last for years. I seriously thought about quitting Raw (and wrestling since that's what it was for me at that time), but I decided to ride the storm and watch the performers I liked like Goldust and Booker T, even though I was a disgruntled fan for a while. As much as I have hated the Nexus storyline, it is by far MUCH better than the complete crap that Raw was after the brand split in 2002.

Well to be honest i too am also pretty close to taking a break from wrestling. The reason is pretty plain and simple, the product is either not intresting to me, boring, or just plain bad.

Right now for me its kinda a bit of everything. I have lost all intrest in smackdown, The roster in my opinion is lacking some star power especially with the dead man out of action, and all of the guys who i would enjoy to watch are stuck in the mid-card jumble and aren't getting used very well at all. Then as far as TNA goes, don't even get me started. Sorry im not trying to bash TNA but to make my opinion of the company right now short and sweet, creative is just plain god awful.

So to be honest while i keep up with whats going on in wrestling the only show i actually still watch is RAW, and sadly my intrest in that is starting to dwindle. I really dislike the MIZ as champ but wont go into that as thats already been argued enough in this thread. Lately it seems like whenever somethng happens on RAW that intrests me they find some way to kill the stroyline for me. I am pretty excited though about KOTR so i'll definatley watch RAW this week but depending on how the WWE follows it up and depending on what they do with the current storylines theres a very good chance i might take a break from watching wrestling.

Maybe i'll try to watch more independent wrestling? I've never really given that too much of a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back