• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really Milky?

:lmao: I explained this to you, 1000 times. I just didn't like the way the hardcore matches were personified in ECW.

And I've told you, there was a shit load more to ECW than just New Jack using a cheese grater on someone's head.

I told you, if you really want me to watch some ECW matches, find them for me. Because I'm certainly not interested in going through the shittons of garbage they put out, during their hardcore moments, just to find something I can watch in Puro, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, etc.

A) I've TOLD YOU ECW matches to check out. I gave you a link to an Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko 2/3 Falls match, and you laughed it off and said "Well duh it's gonna be good with those two!" as though that somehow makes the match bad or something. Where do you think guys like Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio started out? ECW.

B) There has never been a wrestling promotion like ECW. Many have tried to emulate it, many have adopted hardcore wrestling, but none has showcased so many different wrestling styles while still delivering great angles and feuds like ECW did. It's a completely different animal from the WWE or puro, and if you'd actually seen more than three matches from ECW you'd realize this.

And I've told you, there was a shit load more to ECW than just New Jack using a cheese grater on someone's head.

Heh, thats just disgusting.

A) I've TOLD YOU ECW matches to check out. I gave you a link to an Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko 2/3 Falls match, and you laughed it off and said "Well duh it's gonna be good with those two!" as though that somehow makes the match bad or something. Where do you think guys like Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio started out? ECW.

The same match I watched 3 times due to fascination with the moves they used? Sigh, I was joking when I said that.

B) There has never been a wrestling promotion like ECW. Many have tried to emulate it, many have adopted hardcore wrestling, but none has showcased so many different wrestling styles while still delivering great angles and feuds like ECW did. It's a completely different animal from the WWE or puro, and if you'd actually seen more than three matches from ECW you'd realize this.

Sigh, like I said. I don't feel like going through the hardcore bullshit, in order to find the good matches like Dean Malenko vs Eddie Gurrerro 2/3 falls match.

Right, so you're too lazy to actually watch ECW matches. Thanks for proving my point that you don't know what you're talking about.

:doh:

Right, so you're too lazy to actually watch ECW matches. Thanks for proving my point that you don't know what you're talking about.

:doh:

Why would I waste the time, to watch 15 matches, and maybe 3 of them be good? If I'm not a fan of the overall style used in the company, then I wouldn't watch it. ECW created some huge stars, Stone Cold Steve Austin being one of them, I don't deny such a thing by any means. I'm just not a fan of their style of wrestling, and to find the matches that ARE good, doesn't seem worth the time to really search out match by match.

When theres promotions like AWA/NWA/WcW/WWE that I enjoy most every match I can find, and learn more about such things.

Why would I waste the time, to watch 15 matches, and maybe 3 of them be good?

A) BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING WRESTLING FAN! That's the deal: for all the great matches, you're going to watch 20 fucking terrible ones. Have you not realized this yet? Do you not watch the WWE? There aren't very many perfect shows or events now are there?

B) You've already said all you've seen is the hardcore matches. You have time to look up fucking AWA matches (which were usually shit) but not ECW work from guys like RVD, Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, Taz, Masato Tanaka, Mike Awesome, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Psicosis, Taka Michinoku, Tajiri, and literally dozens and dozens more of amazingly talented wrestlers? The fact that you apparently don't enjoy any of those wrestlers or want to see some of their best work is why I don't really take your wrestling opinion seriously. I think you like to just debate things more than you do actually study them.

If I'm not a fan of the overall style used in the company, then I wouldn't watch it.

Again you can't get past the hardcore wrestling. The WWF in the heart of the Attitude era had just as many hardcore matches on television as ECW did.

ECW created some huge stars, Stone Cold Steve Austin being one of them, I don't deny such a thing by any means. I'm just not a fan of their style of wrestling, and to find the matches that ARE good, doesn't seem worth the time to really search out match by match.

Which is why I don't really take your opinion on wrestling seriously Milk. Because you see 3 matches from a promotion and decide it must be shit.

When theres promotions like AWA/NWA/WcW/WWE that I enjoy most every match I can find, and learn more about such things.

Really now? You're going to say "Why look up ECW when I've got the AWA/NWA?" That leads me to believe you haven't seen very much AWA/NWA. For every great match in those promotions, there were 10 complete and total shit ones. Seriously, the AWA is remembered far too fondly. Outside of the main events, their shows were usually complete and utter trash. Same for the NWA. For every classic Tully or Flair or Race match, we had to sit through 10 Jimmy Valiant matches. If you actually knew the horror of what I'm talking about, you'd understand.

I don't see what the big insult here is man. Don't take it personally. There's maybe a dozen total posters on here who I will actively seek out to read their opinion on wrestling. A few of those people don't even post anymore.

Sure you had a Flair/Rhodes or Tully/ Magnum match on an NWA card, but you also had the Russians v/s the Fantastics or Sam Houston v/s anyone. The AWA was crap on a stick for quite a while. Even Stan Hansen's reign was uneventful and the only credible opponent he would have faced was too good to do the job and let Hansen defend the belt in Japan and give it some credibility. ECW was hardcore, but they also had innovative luchador matches that were rarely scene in the Northern US.

And lest we forget that Milky's 15...he was a toddler when the Monday Night Wars were going on.

Sure you had a Flair/Rhodes or Tully/ Magnum match on an NWA card, but you also had the Russians v/s the Fantastics or Sam Houston v/s anyone.

Jimmy fucking Valiant. Enough said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back