Really? Couldn't even go two full months without Cena

S.J. Maximus

Championship Contender
I'm not even going to bash him and hate on the guy like most people do on these forums but the dependence that WWE displays toward the guy is sickening. I have never seen a guy more depended on by WWE to carry the brand, and in 2013 I would say that this dependence is unwarranted. Hopefully, putting him in the WHC program means that he will take the belt from Del Rio (who has never been ready for a world title) and helps carry the blue brand out of oblivion. The last thing WWE needs is to let Cena interrupt this McMahon-Helmsley Era and destroy its natural course.

How do you guys feel about Cena returning after a month and a half from an injury he was supposed to be out 4-6 months from? (I hate it)

Do you think WWE needs him to come back? (I say only on SmackDown)

Did you miss him? (I say not at all)

I highly doubt that Cena will be back for long, if he's even back for real. I think that they'll either use him to get Del Rio through to Survivor Series or have him win, followed by a Damien Sandow Cash In. To be honest though, I'm not sold on him truly being in the match anyways. And don't use the twitter thing, it's 2013 and works can stretch out to there as well.

agree 100% with the TS, if Cena really is back so quickly, it just shows how dependent they are on him to carry the product.

**if Cena doesn't walk away champ, maybe have Sandow cash in?

Why would I hate it? It was a surprise and ADR had no one else to feud with he's stale etc. John Cena will win the title and hold it for a few moments because I see ADR reinjuring his arm and Sandow taking advantage to cash in.

I don't think WWE NEEDS Cena to come back but it definitely doesn't hurt to have him back and I'd say it helps even if it is only for one night.

Did I miss him? Sure did while I feel like the RAWs inbetween the PPVs were great, the PPVs themselves were awful. And also Cena has the big star feel mostly because he is one and I feel like that's been missing since he's been gone. And actually if it turns out how I predicted it I'll be a bit disappointed because I'd like to see him become fully involved with the WHC for awhile.

I Will be honest with you. WWE has been quite interesting if not even better without being there. It's like a breath of fresh air. I don't think they need him. And like recently during the storyline when you see guys like R-Truth, Gabriel, PTP, stepping up against the Shield and the McManhons. I believe things would of been differently if Cena was still there. But its been fun while it lasted. I just don't see no reason to bring him back right now.

I don't see this being long term, in fact I think it may be one night only and Cena is back this month specifically to help with the Breast Cancer charity work.

I just don't see WWE announcing a Cena return in the middle of a Raw like that and that it would involve fighting Del Rio if this was the main comeback. When Cena is fully ready to return it will be made a much bigger deal of.

Given that Bertie's finish involves the arm I'm thinking he will "injure" Cena again at HIAC and that will add a little more heat to his push.

dont hate his return, not a huge fan of the surprise, but i wont completely hate it. if Cena wins the world title, they could then have Sandow cash in when the time presents itself, the reason i am not a huge fan of it though is because i kinda wanted a younger guy who deserves more of a world title push to get the title then lose it to Sandow to set up a World title match between those two, but Cena vs. Del Rio will only help raise the World title up which in my book shouldnt need raising up because i think the World Heavyweight Championship is a better designed and better looking title than the WWE title.

I am not upset that Cena is back or that he is in the World title picture. In fact, one of the matches I fantasy booked for WM30 was Cena vs. Bryan for the World title while Punk vs. HHH fought for the WWE title. I was even hoping for Cena to defend it by telling Nikki to give him the title and bashing it on Bryan's head. With the rumors of Bryan being poised to win the Rumble, my fantasy match is half-way there.

I have a few gripes though about how things are going down. Here they are:

1. Cody Rhodes should be the #1 Contender- He's been on fire lately, and I really think that having Sandow cash in on him would be the best thing they could do. Sandow and Cody's feud was cut short, and I'd love to have seen that revisited in the main event.

2. John Cena vs. Alberto has always been boring- I have NEVER been interested in that pairing. I had the misfortune of actually seeing this boring match-up live at a house-show and having it end in a DQ. It completely ruined the night for me.

3. This makes no sense, storyline-wise- Vince said he didn't want Cena as champ just over a month ago. Now he comes back and is put into the title picture. Jeez, it was already ridiculous to make us think Vince hates his #1 cash chow, but now they're just going to disregard that plot-point? This is just way too silly, even for WWE.

Now,

I was at the Raw last night, and I thought the whole think was just a play by Vickie to get Ricardo the cheap roll up win. Then I saw the tweet on the big screen, and was pretty surprised he was really back. I have to say one thing for Cena, he is a rehab machine. He comes back in a couple months from injuries that keep other guys out a year. Anyway, I wish they would have left him off for a while. I think the show is getting along fine without him. I like Cena, but he was a bit overdue for some time off. It does seem they are a bit dependent upon him as this isn't the first time he has returned early. On the other hand if Cena can breath some life into the World title picture then I am for it. I have been one of the few to enjoy Del Rio's current reign, but he does need an opponent. It would be huge if Cena won the title, and he was the one that Sandow cashed in on.

I think many ppl are reading too much into this.

All im seeing is that wwe buyrates and ratings are suffering as of late and they're dying for some star powers for the next ppv. THATS IT. At the end of the day, cenas ultimate priority is to get back into the corporate storyline once medically clear, not bringing credibility to a title that have been devalued for years. That just makes no sense for wwe creative stand point, unless wwe is planning for title unification.

Typical Cena-Hater post, and yes im referring to the original poster. Im not a Cena fan at all, and I agree IF (keyword IF) WWE is rushing Cena to come back early for "Savior Type" purposes then i would hate that too. Which im 50/50 on my decision right now. But for real, Cena has been gone for a month and a half or so. Then they do a shocking announcement of his return, and look 1st post on WZ is someone whining about his return. Crapping on Cena is about 4 years too old now, just give it up. I know the IWC fanboys need something to whine about but at least start something fresh and stop being so stale so to speak, as thats the word everyone loves to use nowadays. If Cena is fully healed and is ready to go (as we all know he heals faster than usual) then why wouldnt WWE want to use their cash cow asap. Thats stupid typical Cena-Hater logic. That would be like the Brewers having Ryan Braun get hurt and they say for he will be out for 6 weeks but is ready to come back in 3 weeks, they would be stupid to say "Oh well everyone doesnt want you around for another 3 weeks so to listen to the people who have no idea how to run a successful business, so we want you to stay away for 3 more weeks like originally thought". No that would be stupid, you get your BIG DOG back in the game asap. But onto the real topic. I think what will happen is Cena is not 100% ready yet. He will come back at HIAC, win the WHC. But Del Rio will injure Cenas arm and that will prompt and *sigh* Sandow cash-in, and win the WHC *sigh*. Then the next thing will be either Cenas arm will either be to hurt to compete and he doesnt get his rematch and leaves until Royal Rumble time and challenges for the title then so we dont have to see him as a predictable surprise entrant. Or if they want to keep Cena around an extra month then he can use his rematch clause at Survivor Series and lose to Sandow cheating or however he does it unclean. Then Cena will come back as a Surpise Rumble entrant. They could even have at Survivor ADR be involved so its a Triple Threat and Cena doesnt need to get that banged up and ADR-Sandow can "carry" the match. Then ADR and Sandow end their fued at TLC.

Guys, this won't happen or last long- they forshadowed it with the injury to Ricardo... Cena will show up the week of the match and ADR will "snap his injured arm" like he just did to RR this week... Cena is either out of the match and replaced with Cody or Show (if Vince returns in the meantime) or Cena manages to win only to get cashed in on while he is weak and injured so he has an excuse.

BUT

The danger is they have now totally proven that they cannot live without Cena, that they cannot replace him and business is clearly precarious when he isn't around. That's Vince's failiure and he's reaping not having true competition.

clear case of Cena winning, having Del Rios injure his arm further and Sandow cashes in. Sandow then gets the rub of beating John Cena and gets the annual rubbish Oct-Nov through Jan-Feb meaningless title reign before the Road to Mania begins. Del Rios is bland and nobody gives a shit about him, heis dropping the title at HIAC

The best scenario I hope they go with this is should or IF Daniel Bryan wins at Hell in a Cell. Since Shawn Michaels is the special guest referee a big celebration happens and John Cena, Big Show, etc. celebrate with Daniel Bryan in a Bret Hart WMX-esque type celebration. It's an opportunity to really help put Bryan super over.

As for Cena, a lot of people are hoping this is a short term return to transition the World Title to Sandown. It's possible.

My only hope is that Cena is not inserted in the McMahon/Helmsley/Orton/Daniel Bryan storyline. If they don't I would be ok for Cena to have a short return otherwise I too would be worried. I for once would like to see someone else aside from Cena to carry the top program/feuds.

I think there has to be something more to this than what we're seeing or hearing right now.

As some others mentioned, maybe Cena is coming back just for a single night as part of the Susan G. Komen charity gig. Maybe it's being done as a means of Cena's injury being extended as part of a storyline because, again as some have mentioned, Del Rio's finisher is the Cross Armbreaker. Cena's injured elbow, coincidentally, happens to be the left one. At any rate, Cena's obviously healthy or WWE wouldn't risk bringing him back in any sort of physical capacity.

Generally speaking, I don't think that WWE needs Cena when it comes to ratings because, frankly, Raw's ratings right now are better than they were during the same time period last year. They're not stellar, don't get me wrong there, but they haven't dipped to the lows that WWE saw last year even with John Cena front & center. There's still a lot of time left but during this exact same time period last year from the season debut of MNF through the same Raw episode last week, they've drawn stronger numbers in 2013 than in 2012. With the addition of Cena returning and HBK being the special ref for the Bryan vs. Orton HIAC match, I WWE seems to be pulling out all the stops to help HIAC deliver a better than average buyrate.

I suppose Cena COULD be healthy enough for a return. John Cena returning 2 months ahead of schedule is hardly an alien concept.

I really hope Cena is back for good but I doubt this is the case. I'm intrigued to see how they do it. Some are suggesting he will get injured before Hell in a Cell but I'm not sure they would advertise Cena and then not deliver.

I suppose they could have Cena work this one match and then have Sandow cash in. It makes sense as it gets the belt of Del Rio; improves buyrates and stars the push for Sandow. Only problem I foresee with that is Sandow would get cheered by a large portion of the crowd if he cashes in on Cena. That is why I think he should have cashed in on RVD.

My favoured option is for Cena to return, win the World Title and actually stay but that seems unlikely. His presence would also interfere with the HHH/Bryan angle and some of the attention may move from Bryan at the most important time.

I think it is a swerve of some sort. I don't see how he could possibly be set to return already. All I can say is that I'm interested to see where this goes. On a side note, Ricardo should technically be the number one contender for the WHC, as silly as that may be, he did in fact pin the Champion so, WTF?

I remember thinking that the original time frame given for his injury seemed to be too long. Now, this could be the case and they just put that 4-6 months out there for the surprise we got last night on Raw, or as some have stated this could be used as a way to further write him off by having Del Rio "injure" him like he did to RVD and Ricardo. With the bad pub WWE has gotten lately from these past 2 ppv's I doubt they would announce Cena's return as a means to write him off longer. So I'm gonna say this is legit and he will be ready to be an active wrestler by Hell in a Cell.

WWE is doing so bad without cena, they had to bring him back.
cena is a good wrestler and is a good fit for no.1 for whc.
as long as cena ain't the top guy i'm happy! besides i kinda wanna see the whc to be important again. I don't see the problem with cena returning?
what i see happening is like when punk returned wait till the actual night.

I will say this, the only thing I like about Cena's return is the high possibility of ending Del Rio's reign, which IMO is LONG overdue as Del Rio is beyond stale at this point.

and Cena deserves a lot of props for holding off his surgery to finish out the SummerSlam title match with Daniel Bryan. As a performer/on screen character, he might not be every one's cup of tea but you have to respect his dedication to the company and the work he's put in

so all the Cena sympathizers need to stop being so defensive because I don't think it's so far fetched that an overwhelming majority of fans are sick and tired of him. If Cena really is already recovered from the elbow injury and ready to be back so soon, that's great for him

but I think what's getting lost in this thread is the WWE's seemingly over dependance on one man to lead the company.

Maybe that original 4-6 month timetable for Cena's injury was on the overly cautious side and Cena's recovery just went THAT well. And to think I was kinda getting used to no Cena

oh well, on the flip side, at least it looks like Del Rio's reign will end come HIAC

A lot to digest here. Wow if it is true Cena is due to come back at the HIAC PPV then Kudos to him for being a Rehab Machine. Triceps tear is no joke its takes a year for most people to come back healthy. I am all for it if Cena can breath life into the WHC championship then yes its good. ADR's reign while IMO not all that impressive,he does need an opponent.

RVD and Ziggy really were not quality challengers. I highly doubt,Cena is 100% i think he will get injured Kayfabed due to ADR's submission hold. This is breast cancer awareness month,so Cena coming back this early will help the ratings. Im not complaining at all hes coming back in fact it will help the WHC picture. Imagine if Cena wins ADR jumps him puts him in the cross arm breaker,Sandow runs in cashes in on an injured Cena!

Having Sandow cash-in on Cena would be totally uncreative. Especially in the same night. At least wait a while. Yes, give Cena the WHC. He's never held it before and can give some legitimacy to a title that is a current afterthought at the moment. Save Sandow's cash-in for a later date. Sandow needs to win a few matches before he captures the WHC.

They can get Cena back in for a night next week, have ADR break his arm and that covers them for longer if he needs it. The match itself probably doesn't have to take place as they can have Big Show come in and take the title match on Vince's orders as he's "the biggest star" another Show cash in loss and and kick off the Vince's champ vs HHH's champ stuff.

As for what Cena should do next - no question he should stay as he is... It's dull, stale as Mae Young's nether regions and equally repellant to most adults... but it's what is "best for business" we're never getting rid of Cena while they can't create anyone new... it's a vicious cycle, over reliance on one big star means they can't do without him when he needs time off, rush him back, break them down and then haven't created the new ones to replace them cos they fed them to the main guy... happened in the Hogan era, latter Attitude era and again now.

Having Sandow cash-in on Cena would be totally uncreative. Especially in the same night. At least wait a while. Yes, give Cena the WHC. He's never held it before and can give some legitimacy to a title that is a current afterthought at the moment. Save Sandow's cash-in for a later date. Sandow needs to win a few matches before he captures the WHC.

he held the whc twice! actually in 2009 and 2010.
he defeated chris jericho and won it for the 1st time,
and then later on lost it to edge in a elimination chamber match.
and defeated the big show and edge to win it again at wrestlemania.
and then lost it back to edge at extreme rules due to big show interfering!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back