Do you really even wanna see Cena turn heel?

Another point that interests me whenever there is talk of Cena turning heel is that we all know that we need a face on Cena's popularity for Cena's heel turn to be successful. The question is should the WWE wait for such a character to rise up or should they turn Cena heel in order to make the next mega face of the WWE? Knowing WWE they will probably go with the wait and watch strategy but if I were in their position I would have wanted to take more risks.

This I can agree with. But I would also say that they need to have someone who is "right there" on the cusp of being "the guy" before making the turn. Even back when Hogan turned, there were several viable contenders for the title to come along and take it (Luger and Sting) and others who offered the threat of taking the title. In all of Cena's title reigns, he's only lost it cleanly once, to Orton in HIAC (and MAYBE Sheamus in that Table's Match). And we all know that Heel's cheat and do whatever to win the title. Just imagine how long he'll hold onto it as a Heel... He'll almost NEVER drop the title, and even if he does, he'll get it back right away. Is this what you want?

Cena will not, without a shadow of a doubt, turn hell, maybe ever.

there's no guarantee of that. Especially when the guy(and the product) has been mostly stale and repetitive over the last 4-5 years and business isn't really booming at the moment.

If he has a fued with The Rock, it'll be similar to HBK/Hogan. In Shawn did'nt change his character, just the way he acted.

He was actually presented as the heel in that feud. Remember the Montreal Raw episode with him teasing the fans with Bret? JR: "Damn him!"

Cena has way to many thing's, including the Make A Wish Foundation, to just turn heel. The kid's look up to him as their hero. Him turning heel would be a mistake if it were to happen now, or the next few years. A fued with The Rock won't make him heel.

So did Hogan and Austin. And after watching Rock's promo would it really surprise you if Cena began to turn, even slowly?

And besides, there still not a nother top babyface who can fill Cena's spot. Sure, some may say Rock, but he's not an active wrestler, and I'm pretty sure he won't be on house show's and such, maybe for an occasional promo, but that's it.

Then they need to push other guys into that role and use them right, something they haven't done since 2005. One guy doesn't make or break a company.

I would love to see Cena turn heel. Back in 2003 he was the Dr of Thuganomics. It got him over, ok he didnt have the shackles of PG but I still think he could pull it off. Some of Cenas beatdowns on Nexus were really intense, he could pull off the heel this way, a one man wrecking crew without having to resort to vulgar rapping.

The haters would probably become the lovers! As for Orton, not sure he could do a job as TOP baby face, he's another one who is stale and much better as a heel, infact I love heels more than faces. I would actually like to see Orton move to Smackdown. Less is good if ya know what I mean! Appreciate him for what he is that little bit more.

As for top face on Raw? Move Taker over to Raw to see out the final chapter of his career. Then at WM28...Taker vs Cena.

I would love to see a heel cena, then i might actually root for him then.

He has been built up as a face for so long he has tremendous crowd response and if they are able to successfully able to turn that crowd response to hate, ie seeing their beloved hero go down the wrong path, he will be even a greater heel.

Ok, right now the adult males boo him and the women and children cheer him. If he turned heel, the adult males and probably still the women would cheer him and the children would boo him. What would be the point of turning him? He's stale....so? Who would take his place, selling the merchandise, being the smiling face of the WWE? Orton? HA, that guy sucks in those aspects. Plus he's a tool, no way people would buy him as the face. The Miz possibly, but he's doing a good job as a heel, it's way too early to turn him. The point it, it's not about how "cool" it'd be or how the crowd would react initially, it's about how much money can be made from it, and turning Cena heel would lose the WWE (and Cena) a lot of merchandise money.

I would hate to see a heel cena. I'd like to see the unorthodox face character who was overly aggressive if you can remember those days but there's no need for him to be heel RIGHT NOW. But I think the amount of money he draws as a face is phenomenal compared to anyone else in wrestling right now. I wouldn't like to see it happen and I doubt we ever will.

I don't think I would like to see heel Cena. And I'll explain why.

Cena's been built up to 80's Hogan type status. They still need him in a face aspect. Just because the Rock came out and ripped on him doesn't mean he necessarily has to go heel.

Oh, I hate Cena. He's stale, blah blah blah. He's so stale that he continues to put forth the same energy night after night and gain massive pops. He's so stale that he's keeping steady merchandise sales. Sigh. The next "face of the company" will end up getting the same kind of IWC bashing as Cena. No matter who it is. If Rock came back and stayed for years, people would say "He's stale. I'm so tired of hearing If You Smell... and The Most Electrifying Man... Ugh!"

There's another thing to consider. Remember back when he popped back in from being in Hollywood and did his heel schtick against Stone Cold? Singing his songs w/ his Willy Nelson guitar while Austin was outside trying to get in the building? The Rock can quickly switch from face to heel to face in the blink of an eye.

Why would you want a temporary guy in a temporary situation burying your top face? It makes no sense from the business standpoint. You would have to work that much harder when it was over to get things back to the way things were.

The only thing I could see would be to have face vs. face with the whole handshake/respect thing ala Rock/Hogan. That would make sure Rocky got his face "run" and Cena kept his position intact. Anything else, no matter how many IWC members or jealous pre-pubescent males whine and bitch and complain, would probably do more harm than good.

No. Not really. He's the type of character that draws money, gets people talking and is just too over for it to really work. All it will do is crush a few kids hearts and he'd still be a tweener at best. I personally don't see a need for it.

The Austin turn after WrestleMania X7 worked to a certain extent, but he had to damn near beat Lita lifeless with a steel chair on a few different occasions. That's not happening with Cena. Probably not anything close.

Is he AS BIG as Stone Cold? No. But he's as close as you can be right now.

Other wrestlers can worry about the boos and the cheers. He'll take both and it should stay that way for as long as he draws.

Let’s have some fun and pretend that Rock vs Cena is actually a possibility at Mania... Here's how I’d get us there..

Cena mentioned how rough he last few months have been, and the he "needs" this Wrestlemania moment.

Cena loses the EC #1 contenders match, on some sort of a fluke and a face wins, say.. John Morison.. or there is some sort of double winner with Shemaus and Morrison, and we get a Triple threat match at Mania (a lot of years one of the world title match is a triple threat match)

Cena can come out on Raw and blame the Fans and the Rock for his loss. and warns the Rock that he better not see him until Wrestlemania and better avoid him in Atlanta. The Rock of course would be at the next Raw...

Reports have said that when Vince wants to turn Cena, he wants him to be the biggest heel in history, Going against the Rock in his first match in 7 years would make him get the most boos in history. So might as well embrace it and have some fun with it...

Just a pipe dream, but when I heard Cena's promo, something seemed odd about him "needed" Mania. It seemed like the Heel turn is coming

I think you just have some hopeful thinking. What you say may produce some valid points, but I have a few of my own. If I may...

If he "needs" the moment, I don't know how it makes it seem like he'll turn on fans. Since he "needs" the moment, Cenation would probably be a part of said moment.

I think that the loss of the chamber match, however, will happen.

I don't know if Cena would blame fans for the loss. Sure, somebody could cause some way to pull it back to them. But I think that the Rock and him will be the main focus, not the fans, maintaining face-ness(-ish...).

I do think that when Cena becomes heel, it has to be big time, and I don't think facing Rock is the right time. Look at it this way, the two biggest weapons that the WWE has, both merchandise pits, against eachother. Why would they turn one heel and lose fans, causing loss of profit? Slightly irrational.

I see where you have gone with this, and your logic is quite possible, but some of the things you mention seem a little far fetched for Vince and the WWE to run at risk.

The funny thing is if they do turn Cena heel then most of these marks on the message board that hated Cena in the beginning would be swinging from his nuts after he did turn. Just sayin'.

Honestly i don't think Cena can pull it off he's been face his entire career just about so him turning heel would be a complete failure.:disappointed:

The kiddies will still cheer the adults will continue to boo nothing will change because like i stated in a previous thread. The WWE has a problem behind the scenes which is their booking and writing staff the crap they produce weekly is mediocre at best.

Recycled storylines, Undeserving/random title reigns the works; the tag team division is in shambles as well the divas division which is barely hanging on.
They[WWE writers] focus on specific people ala favortism as if the rest of the roster is worthless. Ok i'm ranting to wrap this up John Cena is one of the reasons WWE is in a slump right now. By turning Cena heel would open up the doors for other guys to make their mark as top face.

I don't see him getting away with it but i'll enjoy seeing something new for once not to mention. Heels close to never win in today's WWE so let the Cena jobber mode begin im stoked. :smashfreakB:

The funny thing is if they do turn Cena heel then most of these marks on the message board that hated Cena in the beginning would be swinging from his nuts after he did turn. Just sayin'.

Not me I gurantee you that once i dislike someone them turning face to heel or vice versa won't change my feelings towards said unliked person.
Cena will always be an afterthought to me Heel or Face.;)

Sure. I think Cena heel would be pretty fun to watch.

I don't know when Cena got stale entirely. People loved him when he beat JBL. They started to hate him when he feuded against Jericho or Angle. Cena is not bad, but he used to be more cool back then. They should've paced Cena better and have him lose more.

But regardless, it would be fun to see Cena heel again!

Honestly i don't think Cena can pull it off he's been face his entire career just about so him turning heel would be a complete failure.:disappointed:

The kiddies will still cheer the adults will continue to boo nothing will change because like i stated in a previous thread.
No he hasn't. He was the ghetto heel from late 02-03 and became one of the most over guys in the company.

And not for nothing, but when the top babyface of the company continues to get booed almost every week(doesn't matter by who) something is seriously wrong. When the top babyface gets booed in a main event Big 4 PPV match in which the company might be at stake, something's seriously wrong.

No he hasn't. He was the ghetto heel from late 02-03 and became one of the most over guys in the company.

And not for nothing, but when the top babyface of the company continues to get booed almost every week(doesn't matter by who) something is seriously wrong. When the top babyface gets booed in a main event Big 4 PPV match in which the company might be at stake, something's seriously wrong.

I wouldn't exactly count that minor heel run he did ok the rest of his career he's been face though i question if he still knows how to act heel??.

But it would be interesting to see if he can still make a convincing heel. Seeing that he's been stuck in super face mode for ages.

Agreed the top face should not be getting booed that's not good for business reason why Rock was brought back to school Cena i suppose.???:shrug:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

I never liked John Cena since he first showed up to now.

but if he turned heel I mean like a major heel saying he just faked being a good guy to sell merch to all the pathetic fans out there it would be awsome.

I think he would sell even more mechandise, when hogan turned heel he just became bigger than he was before, so I think yes its time to turn Cena into a bad guy.

I think it's worth the risk to turn him heel.On the next raw have him lash out at the fans in Anaheim who booed him while wearing his colors.

Cena:I never thought I would ever have to do this but after last week,Anaheim you are not part of Cenation!!! all of you can go to hell just like The Rock.

Or something of that nature.:)

The only way I could see Cena turning heel again is if he went back to his rap game from 2003-2005....and going back to the throwback jerseys....but since they want Cena to be their guy and the whole PG concept is "in" now...I don't see it happening unless Vince goes back to the TV-14 mindset and goes towards that 18-35 year old male demographic...

I can see Cena turning heel on the Road to Mania, but that'd nix his feud with The Miz, so I dunno about that spanner in the works... I wouldn't turn him back to his rapper self, though, since backpedalling is no way to make progress. He needs to find a NEW niche if he's to succeed as a heel - otherwise his rapper game will also seem stale and tame in the new environment he's in.

I'd have Cena get eliminated from the EC match early, clearly not believing what has just happened, and then have himself injected into the second EC match at the expense of a popular face, going after everyone inside the chamber with vicious attitude and "ruthless agression"; have him go back to his Prodigy roots and go absolutely bonkers.

He doesn't even have to reject the fans, he just has to act despicably and act heelishly and people will take the hint... eventually. Granted, the IWC will start wetting their panties as soon as he starts whooping ass Stone Cold-style, but :shrug: you win some, you lose some ;)

So, yeah, I want to see Cena turn heel for three reasons: the novelty of it; because I think his current character is stale and limiting and because I see a lot of potential matches that could be very intriguing down the line (Cena vs Bryan for the WWE title at Survivor Series?)...

I would say yes, not because I thinks he is boring or anything like that, I just believe he could play a great heel. One of the most memorable Cena moments for me, and one that should be watched by anyone who wants to learn how to play a crowd his the Cena vs RVS at ONS. He played a heel for the night and he was brilliant.
Business wise I do not believe that revenues would go downhill with Cena's heel turn.

In the unlikely scenario that The Rock does wrestle again, i would have him wrestle Cena at Wrestlemania in a face vs face feud with Rocky winning cleanly. I would then have a rematch between them at Backlash (or whatever the follow up PPV to wrestlemania is) only to have Michael Cole (revealed as the annoymous GM) assist Cena in screwing The Rock over.

Cena could then go about claiming that he was the face of the WWE and that he made it without the fans and the fans can all go to hell. He can act the deluded elitist heel thinking that he is WWE and showbusiness royalty mouthing off anyone he feels beneath him. This gimmick could be backed by a stable (somewhere across between the corporation and the nation of domination) consisting of Cena, Otunga (playing of his A-Lister gimmick), Ted Dibiase (because he's doing nothing), Ezekiel Jackson and Michael Cole. The stable can go around making life hell for the RAW roster and The Rock until the feud culminates at survivor series, where The Rock beats Cena for good.

The only way this would EVER work in the PG world is IF the Rock DOES Stay in the WWE and IF the audience has gone back to their old ways (Booing, Cena Sucks, You Can't Wrestle). If the WWE Universe has a new Face to Mark out for, then Cena does have a chance to be/stay heel. Right now, Raw has a several top heels (Nexus, Miz, and Sheamus) and if they were going to have Cena heel, then they would NEED The Rock on Raw. Randy Orton cannot be the primary face of Raw without having someone to back him up, someone with draw.

The man's headlined 7 damn Wrestlemania's in a row. He may still do the same thing, but at least as a heel, there's a possibility he will lose thus keeping me on the edge of my seat. I just wanna see something different. Every Mania is the same with him.

Yes, Why? because its something fresh for Cena, I'm curious to know what kind of heel character he will play. With his prominent role as the wwe's top face running its course I think its time for a change in direction for Cena going from the companys to face to top heel. His character for the most part has been roughly the same since he was first drafted to raw back in 2005 and I think a change would be intriguing as it would be new and fresh and it would open up a window of opportunity to allow somebody else to rise up and take Cena's place as top face.

Thats just the thing though, theres nobody on the level of starpower right now like Cena, a Heel turn now could be risky if they don't have a top face to replace Cena. People go on and and that merchandise will suffer, but look what happened when Hogan first turned heel, it was huge! and arguably the best and most successful heel turn in history. Hogan then went on to join the NWO, again arguably to most successful and popular faction of all time. A heel turn could work, its just a matter of how they decide to turn him heel and then continue to book Cena properly where he has a dominate and successful heel turn.

All, if not most of wwe's top faces have turned heel at some point and for John Cena its only a matter of time and when it does happen it will be bigger than Rocks return and the most talk about wrestling occurrence in years.

There doesnt seem to be any story line in the short term that could make this happen.

If they did this with Nexus I think it could have been amazing. (Cena as secret leader etc?) That storyline had so much more left in it. And I couldnt help but think of the possibilities of it too. But they never transpired.

Cena did his Rap gimmick this week against the Rock which helped me "like him" a little. His twitter was all "Fair play rock" and I thought fuck me what are you playing at get your character to grow some balls"

He can stay face if he works on someway to not be as pandering to the crowd. Austin/Orton have got big as face's without pandering to the crowd like Cena does in a cringeworthy way.

Cena as heel would be great. They really need to work on finding others heels though as Orton cant carry it all on his own and it looks as though Triple H wont be around alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back