"Reality According to a Super-Genius" - new segment featuring Mark Madden on CSR

UFOcalling

Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. I figured this was the best spot for it.

I just got done watching Part Two of this week's episode of Chair Shot Reality, and I was disappointed to see that Mark Madden is going to be having an "occasional" segment on CSR. If the promo was accurate, Madden's segment will be called "Reality According to a Super-Genius".

Am I the only one who finds Mark Madden's opinions to be ignorant, unintelligent and just-plain not entertaining? I just sent the CSR guys an email about this same subject, asking them why they were kissing Madden's ass so much in Part Two of their last episode.

During the promo, there were some direct quotes from Madden. I'm assuming these quotes were pulled from his radio show, honestly I wouldn't know. Here's what Madden had to say about himself:

Please don't interrupt...don't interrupt the star. You know better.

It's tough to argue nonsense.

Plugs should have been pulled on TNA a long, long time ago.

I am a Super Genius.

I can work in any form of media.

My choices are [varied] because I'm talented and educated.
...I'm honestly not sure if he said "varied", or "valid" in this particular quote.

Wow...after hearing these quotes, Mark Madden definitely seems like a humble, down-to-earth type of guy. I remember watching Madden do commentary on Nitro. I never thought the guy did a bad job, but he was definitely my least favorite commentator on the show. To be 100% honest, I thought Madden must be selling insurance over the phone or something by now. I had no idea he was still clutching to his 15 minutes of wrestling-fame until I saw he was occasionally writing articles for wrestlezone.com (mostly bashing TNA's product).

There must be some TNA haters are fans of his, but I really don't see Madden's appeal. I'm assuming that if he has a regular spot on Chair Shot Reality it will just be more TNA bashing (...we all know what happens when you assume, but that's my prediction). If you're a CSR fan, is this something you really want to see/hear on their show?

For a guy who claims to be a "Super Genius", and someone who can "work in any form of media", why does he need to play third banana to Josh & Justin? Is he that desperate for the money, or is he desperate for the attention?

It doesn't take a lot of talent to be a critic. I mean no disrespect to Justin & Josh, they come across as wrestling fans -- not bitter has-beens. Everything I've read that Madden has written about wrestling seems to be anti-TNA, and he seems like the definition of a "bitter-critic" to me. The reason most critics become analysts like this in the first place is because they couldn't get a job in the very products they're critiquing. I understand Madden has a radio talk-show, right? ...but obviously he wishes he was an employee of World Wrestling Entertainment.

Madden just seems like a bully who is so desperate for attention that he has to put others down (ie: TNA) to make himself feel relevant. I think his negative opinions sound juvenile, and I compare him to real-life version of "Comic Book Guy" from The Simpsons.

Every product has their weakness(es), is it really "intelligent" or "entertaining" to pick every little thing apart that you hate about something? I mean, WWE has their faults too...I think the only reason Madden doesn't point out the things he doesn't like about the WWE is because he's hoping they'll offer him a job. Good luck, Mark...keep reaching for that brass ring.

For all of you CSR fans, how do you feel about Madden becoming a (semi) regular on the show? Do you think he'll just be bashing TNA & their booking/product, or do you guys actually value his opinions? Do you think Madden is correct when he calls himself a "Super-Genius"? Do you find any of his quotes to be legitimate claims, or simply the rantings of a delusional egomaniac? Thanks for reading my opinions, I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say about Madden on CSR!

Mark Maddens like anybody else with too much of an opinion, of which this forum is full of, some of what he says I agree with and some of it I dont, either way I dont really give a shit anyway.

I find his whole "I am a super genius" routine to be the most likeable thing about him, as it's quite funny, not to mention it can get him out of tough spots just by calling himself a genius and accusing the other person of spouting nonsense. That Mark Madden's is a fairly clever dude. For a guy that hates internet fans, he sure does act like one.

Anyway, so he's on CSR now, I guess he's right, he is in mega demand, his own slot on an internet wrestling show. Let the good times roll.

I do not mind him. I do not take every word he says as coming from God either. I do not mind a segment coming from him. Despite the amount of people that probably hate him for his comments on a lot of things, especially TNA. He brings a little more main stream "success" and credibility to the show.

So that is good, because I like CSR very much. Bring on Madden, if he ends up sucking (which I doubt he will because he will at least make controversy) they can just get rid of him and call it a lesson learned or a valid attempt to improve CSR.

Madden might be rude towards fans and the modern wrestling product often, but when the man speaks, people listen. Why? Not sure. I disagree with him usually. However, I still read most of his columns on the main page of Wrestlezone when I am bored. Once you get past the rudeness they aren't bad. Whether we agree with someone or not, if they are someone who people will listen to (or watch) then they are going to be around. Madden is not going anywhere unless for some reason everyone stopped reading anything he posts or listening to anything he appears on. I have mixed feelings about Madden joining CSR, but it could be good for it because a lot of people will want to see what he has to say.... even though a large number of us disagree with him or find him to be rude. That aside, he is definitely not a super genius and that comment was a little arrogant in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back