• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reading Other RP's

Any more arduous than reading words?

Yes. Writing something as simple as one's own thoughts requires basically no effort on my part. I waggle my fingers and the words come out, at the end I quickly check to make sure that there are the correct number of 'R's in library and suchlike, and then I hit submit. It's not arduous or consuming much of time or mental faculty - which is why I've always found the "OMG, why you write to much?" line of take down attempt to be baffling.

As for reading, it's a wholly different matter. The amount of effort to write something is based exclusively on one's ability as a writer. There's nothing else out there to make it more or less difficult. Conversely, when dealing with a text that has been penned by somebody else, the quality of their writing is inextricably linked to how easy or difficult to text is to follow. A piece of writing that is boring, poorly written or (in my case at least) formatted in a headache inducing shade of lime green is going to be strenuous to get through regardless of ones reading level.

That's why I find the time to pen thousand word posts about why Lou Thesz is better than you, but don't consider there to be enough hours in the day to slog through all of the RPs that get submitted.

1. How often do you read other poster's RPs, if at all?
Always read my opponents and the person I'm feuding. Will also read certain rpers every time.

If it's a big show I erad every RP mainly to make sure me and someone else haven't had the same idea.

2. What do you get out of reading them?
Enjoyment, character insight.

3. If you don't read them, why?
They'er not enjoyable? I don't have the time to read every RP.

The next time we do roulette rounds, we should extend the concept even further to totally random winners.

It'll be awesome.

This is not as bad as it might sound at first.

Have a round without RPs, completely random match section and random results written up like a normal round of shows.

It could really mix things up.

The reign of Amber Warren is upon us; the period in WZCW history known as the Honey Trout Era

I try to read as many RPs as I can, then again at least trying to follow everyone's stories is important for the Podcast.

1. I am guilty of hardly reading any RP's these days, not that long ago I used to read loads but now I have a core few that I read because I am guaranteed to enjoy them and reading them isn't difficult. Barbosa, Alhazred, but I don't even read Action Saxton and Saboteur as much as I'd like anymore. Although I try to read at least 1 newer persons every round, just in case I can dish out some feedback.

2. Enjoyment, make me laugh, compels me, gives me a new perspective on how to write my own, a select few do that every time.

3. The inability to read more than a few lines these days before my thought process trail. . . Mmm, soup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back