Rd. 2 Spin the Wheel - Yokozuna (Japan) vs Hulk Hogan (USA)

Yokozuna vs Hulk Hogan, MMA Match

• Yokozuna

• Hulk Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Yokozuna (Japan) vs Hulk Hogan (USA)

This match will be a Mixed Martial Arts Match.

This is a second round Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. The only way to win is via KO, Submission, or Ref Stoppage. Attacks to the groin, eye gouging, use of knees while an opponent is in prone position, climbing of ropes or turnbuckles, and use of the ring as a weapon are all illegal. The match we be fought in three-minute periods and will not end or go to judge's scorecards. The match will only end with a KO, submission, or stoppage.

The match will open for discussion on Thursday, February 4th, and voting will begin on Friday, February 5th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

This is easily Hulk Hogan's match. Hogan doesn't hit in the groin, doesn't use knees, doesn't climb ropes and turnbuckles, and loves to keep the match in the ring. And with the match only ending in KO, submission, or stoppage, how do you put down the guy who never gives up and is always fighting back, who always seem to have that last little bit in the tank? Especially when your go-to, number 1 move requires you to climb the ropes, like Yokozuna's Banzia Drop?

No way Yokozuna even comes close in this match. Yokozuna may dominate portions of this match, but eventually, Hogan's superior endurance will wipe Yokozuna out. And once Yokozuna is bone tired, Hogan will just Hulk Up, punch him, body slam him, apply the Leg Drop, and the match is over. You have a KO AND a ref stoppage.

This is Hulk Hogan, without a shred of doubt.

I'm pretty sure that Hogan's said he's done some MMA training in the past. He's a huge MMA fan. Obese guys in MMA fights, with the sole exception of Roy Nelson, are very unsuccessful. They have a tendency to get dropped, quickly, and once they go down, they're going to have a real hard time getting up.

Hogan's got some power in his punches. Yokozuna has a terrible gas tank, and it would really only take one good punch from Hogan to put Yokozuna down. Hulk Hogan is no Fedor Emelianenko, but watch this fight to get an idea of how BAD fat guys truly are at MMA. Hell, Hogan in his prime is probably the Fedor Emelianenko of pro wrestling.

This fight is from 2005. Zuluzinho is a 400 lb mixed martial artist with a respectable record. Remember that this is a guy who actual formal MMA training.

Hogan's had actual MMA training, and he should take this easily.

Sly, GuyCompton, there is ONE THING that keeps me from handing this match to Hogan on a silver platter. Weight class differential.

GuyCompton makes a great point about how obese guys generally do not fare well in MMA fights for whatever reason. They gas. Too slow. One shot to the gut and they're down. Whatever. But when Roy Nelson has success as an obese guy, he goes it against guys who are often within 10-20 lbs either way as he is.

Yokozuna in his prime was 505 lbs. Hogan in his prime was 275 lbs. Yokozuna has 230 lbs on Hogan, which is like one whole entire Canadian mid-carder.

Sure, Hogan is faster, and has enough strength to do some damage. But if Hogan goes after Yoko, couldn't Yoko realistically fall on Hogan and wear HIM out? While Hogan is trying to get out from under a 505-lb sumo, all Yoko has to do is lay there?

Also, in an MMA bout, punches and kicks are prevalent. Hogan has some great punches, but Yoko has that sick high thrust kick. Hogan would certainly be in range if he's throwing punches.

Sure, Yoko's Banzai Drop would be useless under MMA rules, but let's not forget that Yoko beat Hogan with a Belly-to-Belly and a Legdrop.

I am not yet sold on the winner, but I think there's more to this match than meets the eye.

Actually, when I saw this match, the first thing I though of was the Zulu fight with Fedor. But to further prove this point, I guess I will go back to the very first UFC. Neither of these men are extremly trained in MMA, so I picture a similar fight to Gordeau and Tuli from round one. Tuli has near 200 pounds on Gordeau, but weight does not matter at that level.

Yoko will try to squish Hulk Hogan from the get go, but Hogan will catch him with a big leg from the beginning. Faster than their Wrestlemania 9 match, this will be over.

Well, say that Yoko does take the fight to the ground and lays on top of Hogan. Is he skilled enough to keep some sort of action going? Also, Hogan's very strong as well, and he can weather a storm from Yokozuna. Chances are that Yokozuna isn't going to attempt a submission hold. Hogan, with his never-say-die attitude, is going to keep a very strong guard. The fight's going to have to be stood up at some point if Yoko's just going to lie there. And as long as Hogan can keep it standing up and gain position on Yoko, chances are he'll be in control of this.

I think Hogan got another lucky pick in this competion. The three minute rounds play to yoko a little as it gives the big man time to rest some. In the end though I think Hogans conditioning will be the determining factor in a contest that will last about three rounds.

Okay, so yesterday, I offered some information as to why Yokozuna could be a bit of a handful for Hogan and why the match won't be as close as some are saying. I explained the value of Yoko's 230+ lb weight advantage. I talked about the dangerous thrust kick and the belly-to-belly.

As some of you (you know who you are) have pointed out to me directly, yes, I was making those points for the sole purpose of creating some intregue in an otherwise one-sided 2nd round match.

But here's why Hogan wins.

If / when the match goes to the ground, which should actually be Hogan's goal, Yoko can only stand back up one way. He has to be on his stomach, go to all fours, and step up from there. His gerth always made it hard for him to sit up and stand from there. Any time Yoko has to get up from the down position, he has to give Hulk Hogan his back. Fact, plain and simple. Once Yoko gives Hulk his back, it's rear-naked choke time, and it's an advancement to the Gold Medal match for the Hulkster.

Simple formula - face a shot on Yoko's legs, get Yoko to commit to a sprawl, and watch him fall flat on his belly. As he tries to regain himself, pounce. I give this fight to Hogan via 2nd round rear-naked choke tap out.

This is Hogan's. Even if it is a mixed martial arts match, we're still talking worked wrestling, and in which case the weight difference doesn't make a difference and Hogan would beat his fat arse the way he did in the real world. Even if we do go with a genuine fight, Hogan would win. Hogan is a big man, no matter who he's against, and he definitely has a bigger reach. Yoko is fat and slow and unable to do anything, so a quick punch to the face from Hogan and this is over.

This comes down to one thing to me: if Hogan gets Yoko down one time, Yoko will not get up, period. Hogan made a career out of getting up and avoiding the power of his opponents. Also, Hogan's right hand is legendary. This is tailor made for Hogan, and even though Hogan isn't as big as Yoko, he's 6'6 and over 300lbs. That's hardly a small man. Hogan easily here.

As much as I'm a big fan of Yoko, I can't vote him over Hogan here. Hogan has the advantage in basically any type of match, and while the MMA stip may be a bit tricky, it doesn't complicate things too much for Hogan. I'm sure he could easily get a few big shots to the face in or take Yoko down, which would pretty much be the end of it.

Hogan is simply a legend and a god in kayfabe. It's extremely difficult to beat him, and I don't think Yoko will be the one to do it.

Don't think this is as clear cut as most think. Hogan might have some problems getting Yoko off his feet and if the fight does go to ground Yoko's sheer girth gives Hogan a problem.

Hogan still has the advantage but I am not sure if he would be able to hit and move to tire out Yoko. He is too gung ho in his approach and could easily get himself caught in a bear hug allowing Yoko to force a ref stoppage

As powerful and agile for a big man as Yoko was, realistically, he wouldn't beat Hogan, Hogan has some serious power in his prime and could take down much larger men. Yoko was good, but he doesn't match up to Hogan. As IC25 said, as soon as Yoko had to get up, he'd roll over on his stomach and Hogan would have his back, Yoko would bever get off the mat. Simply put, Yoko is far out matched here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back