Rd. 1 Falls Count Anywhere - Nikita Koloff (RUS) vs Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP)

Nikita Koloff vs Mitsuharu Misawa, Falls Count Anywhere

• Nikita Koloff

• Mitsuharu Misawa

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Nikita Koloff (RUS) vs Mitsuharu Misawa (JAP)

This is a first round Falls Count Anywhere Match in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. There are no disqualifications and no count-outs. The match may go anywhere in the arena. The first man to score a fall via pin or submission will win the match and advance to the semi-finals.

The match will open for discussion on Tuesday, January 26th, and voting will begin on Wednesday, January 27th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

Mitsuharu Misawa is the guy that shoot-kicked another Japanese wrestler in the face during a match and broke his orbital bone because he was disgruntled at Antonio Inoki, the booker of the promotion. Talk about a bad attitude.

Knowing this, I find it hard to believe that Nikita Koloff can stand a chance against a guy with a mean streak like that. Even though Koloff was a monster in the 1980's in the NWA, Misawa is still superior.

Misawa wins here.

EDIT: tDigs just let me know that I was thinking of Maeda... not Misawa. Crap... Well, after further research, I still would have chosen Misawa here. Nikita has sucked out loud for his entire career. I can even hear the sucking in New Jersey.

Here's what I think makes Misawa a clear winner - his versatility / creativity. He could do it all. Koloff was a beast and a straight bruiser, and Misawa will damn sure take some punishment, but if anybody can adjust his strategy to expose the weaknesses of his opponent, it's Misawa. Koloff likely won't know what hit him, and Misawa's versatility will win out in the end.

Yeah this is Misawa. Koloff was this train that ran over a lot of jobbers. If there's ever been one guy that simply isn't a jobber, it's Misawa. Basically it coems down to this: can Misawa avoid a modified clothesline? Now I'd certainly think one of the best ever can do that. Based on that alone, I;m going with the Japanese guy.

Misawa was one of the best that Japan had to offer who could be put into any situation and come out the victor. No matter what his opponent is, he always gave a valiant effort in dishing out his wrath... which is something Nikita could do as well, especially with that Sickle of his. But as others have pointed out, something that I will be summarising in a small little package with a bow, Misawa's versatility and attitude will not let him just stand there to get taken down by a clothesline.

Misawa to advance.

Knowing this, I find it hard to believe that Nikolai Volkoff can stand a chance against a guy with a mean streak like that. Even though Volkoff was a monster in the late 1970's when Freddie Blassie was managing him, Misawa is still superior.

Misawa wins here.

Them Russians all look the same, don't they...

Anyway, Koloff is going to lose. He is a lesser entity than Misawa in most respects, and I don't think the ability to go out of the ring is going to help him. Probably the only thing he had going was that he might be able to soak up a bit of punishment, and that ability is lost now. Misawa wins, and advances.

I'm cracking up at the fact that the first vote of this poll went to Nikolai Volkoff. Not only that, but someone is actually voting for Nikolai here?!?!? Does No Hype have a clue?

Misawa should and will win, but in all of your posts you are talking about Nikolai Volkoff. This match is Misawa and NIKITA KOLOFF. Two very different guys. Koloff is someone who could actually put up a decent fight for a while, but once again Misawa should win this easily.

Wow... I completely read that wrong from the getgo... thanks, BigSexy.

Thankfully, I'm not that THAT far off the mark. Koloff is just as pathetic in the wrestling world. Most of his career was being a part of the NWA with Ivan. If memory serves me correctly, they really didn't do anything groundbreaking.

Silly D-Man.

Anyways, Nikita Koloff is a pretty underrated guy. He was apart of one of my favourite early WCW matches, WarGames. But lets just call it what it is here. I love Koloff but this reminds me of the olympics when you have the best from your country going against a nation where the country is one of the bests. (Koloff is actually American... where any of the Russians actual Russians?)

Misawa is one of the kingpins in creating the tradition up until his death of Japanese wrestling. He is one of the top 10 worldwide, against a guy, who is maybe top 200. The stipulations hardly matter here in this unmatched match.

For fuck's sake, I can't keep all of these Russian guys straight. Koloff is the big and slow one, right? I don't think it really matter who from Team Russia wrestles in this one, I can't see Misawa losing here. He was more or less the most legendary wrestler ever in Japan, and wouldn't be upset by some Communist in the 1st round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back