• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RAW: The New Era of WWE

joet1102

Occasional Pre-Show
After what transpired over the past two nights, it looks like RAW is bringing the new era of professional wrestling to the fans. Let's take a look at our champions.

CM Punk : World Heavyweight Champion
The straight-edge youngster wins the title on Monday Night RAW. The fans love this guy and I believe he can be everything that the WWE wanted Cena to be. Sure he's not the clean cut, no tattoo, all muscular superstar. But he is mega over with the crowd.. men, women, and children.

Kofi Kingston : WWE Intercontinental Champion
With his superior skills and different fighting style a lengthly title run can match this Jamaican superstar with former Intercontinental Champions, Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Ricky Steamboat, and Jeff Hardy. I think Kofi is introducing a great new style of wrestling.

Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes : World Tag Team Champions
Second-Generation Superstars finally teaming up to become Tag Team Champions. This duo has what it takes to bring a declining tag team division up to the ranks it once was. Both seem very comfortable on the mic. I feel they'll be able to play some kick ass heels. I think they'll be pushing this division up big time. I just want to see a little bit more from Ted Dibiase.

As for the superstars, I think with the draft the WWE brought in some familar faces who will mesh well with the young talent and the veterans well.

Batista
We've yet to see him feud with CM Punk or John Cena. We also saw a brief feud between him and Shawn Michaels and also Chris Jericho.

Rey Mysterio
He can have a match with anyone. After seeing RAW, I believe he's going to help Santino move up another notch in the ranks. Only good things can come out of this.

We can't forget about the guys who's been on RAW for awhile

John Cena
The guy held the torch for almost 3 years. The fans are getting annoyed more and more. It's time for him to take a step back and help the younger talent get over. I think feuds with Punk or Kingston will not only be entertaining, but can establish the two as more legit superstars.

Shawn Michaels
Kingston is what Michaels was 15 years ago. Seeing them two in the ring would be phenomenal. I'd also like to see HBK VS Punk in a main event. I also see Shawn putting over Lance Cade in the near future. Does anyone see a young talent helping Shawn in his feud against Cade/Jericho?

Chris Jericho
His recent program with Lance Cade is helping Cade immensly. With Jericho's charisma, Cade can only rub off on him in a great way. Once again, Jericho vs Kofi or Punk would be great as well.

Last, but not least lets take a look at the new rising superstars from the RAW brand.

Lance Cade
See Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho

Santino Marella
Probably the most charismatic guy that came out of OVW. His mic work is excellent. Unfortunatly we haven't seen too much of his ring work, but I believe in time we'll also be impressed by that as well.

Paul Burchill w/ Katie Lea
Seems like they dropped the stupid incest angle. That could have killed Burchill's career. Burchill just came off a mini-feud with Ken Kennedy. Although Kennedy came out on top of the feud the victor, Burchill has some expierence with a high card player. I see the I.C title in his sights soon enough. Hopefully when Regal comes back he'll take him under his wing.

Shad and JTG
Entertaining! Crowd loves them. They work well in the ring. Kind of remind me of a A.P.A or Dudley Boyz type team. They should have an interesting feud with "Simply Priceless". Tag division is coming back!

Matt Striker
I believe Striker got put on the brand for a reason. He's another young superstar with excellent mic work. I forsee him being in the low cards for awhile, but I see him being part of something soon.

In closing, I believe that RAW is shaping up to being the new era of the WWE. New young champs, with new young superstars. WWE is finally pushing the young guys on top. A new generation is taking over.

Do you fully realize what the W.W.E. is doing? They're copying W.C.W., when they were failing and had to resort to last step plans.

They're falling back on reforming one of their entire shows. In this case, their "Flagship" (my ass) show. They've completely given a Championship to a Young Wrestler, and they'll begin pushing even more.

Lance Cade: I have no doubt Cade will push strongly to take on Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship. Cade will likely get the backing of Chris Jericho, and in all honesty.. Kofi is 0-2 in matches on Raw. Both matches against Jericho, he barely got by and he only one due to a fluke both times. Lance Cade won't make those mistakes and hopefully will become a worthy Champion.

Rey Mysterio: While hes anything but young, Mysterio's odds of becoming a World Heavyweight Champion just went through the roof. So did Colin Delaney's for what my opinions worth, as Punk is just gutter trash with Heavyweight Championship. Punk won't have any decent matches against guys like J.B.L., (as seen by tonight) Cena, or any other Heavyweights.

Mysterio, Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels are Punk's only hope at making him look like any type of decent Champion. Batista, Kane, Cena & J.B.L. all got screwed by this deal, because even the mere thought of any of them against Punk is like thinking you're about to view a taped showing of HeAT.

Nice post man... but I gotta say a few things. first, I think Punk is only a transitional champion and will loose to Cena at the next PPV... They are rumors of a spinner Heavyweight belt and now, with the belt on Raw, it sadly likely to happen... IC title will be, as always since the past 5 years, a piece of clothing being defended once every 3 months... same for tag titles... What Raw really needs is a heel turn from Batista or Kane (so we can have at least 5 legetimate heels such as Jericho, JBL, Orton, Cade and one of those two), a Cena taking time off and getting away from main event status, a Jericho Cade alliance, more promos from others then world champions, new stables,a heel GM and less boring diva strip tease...Ah. and also the Undertaker coming back as the American badass and destroying every one in its path...

I was about to make this myself. It's New Blood Rising Version. 2. Not a bad thing if you ask me. The problem WCW had was that a lot of the older main eventers didn't want to lose to the younger guys. They did. But they didn't put them over. they lost. Which is very different. If Hogan had made a true effort with Kidman, then Billy couldn't have not benefited from it. But the end result was that nobody really gave a shit. Also part of the problem was that the younger wrestlers they were pushing weren't really worth.

The difference with WCW & WWE is that Vince has control over his wrestlers. And the younger wrestlers, bar Punk are still mid carders. Kofi, Cage, Dibiase & Co, are not going to the top of the card anytime soon. It'll be gradual. And I'm pretty excited about this. Raw still has enough vets to make this work.

RAW is a friggin' joke now. I mean c'mon CM Punk the World Champion of the "flagship" WWE show? This guy has no personality or mic skill and he's boring as shit in the ring. Look at past greats like Austin, Rock, Taker, Mick, Angle, HBK, Hart, etc. and tell me that CM Punk is gonna be on that level? I'm really hoping he loses the title at the GAB and just fades off into mediocrity until he gets fired.

I'm sticking to TNA and Smackdown now where they have real champs.

the way i see it things are being built for the future with all the new faces holding the titles, IMO i think wwe is trying something different raw and smackdown have switched roles ratings on raw should rise because of the huge change in who has the titles and who there next opponents will be smackdown is now the flagship they want to go to mynetworktv and just hit the ground running with it raw is now trying new waters with the young stars
Hopefully taker comes back as the biker and gets into heated feuds with cena and hbk because that will be money kofi and jericho could have a couple more matches and then get burchill and cade in the intercontinental hunt and have cm punk who may have been given the title prematurly but hey didnt the whc lose some credibillity already i can see punk making the title mean more with his feud with jbl and then perhaps mysterio and hbk. Punk as champ is a great idea

RAW is a friggin' joke now. I mean c'mon CM Punk the World Champion of the "flagship" WWE show? This guy has no personality or mic skill and he's boring as shit in the ring. Look at past greats like Austin, Rock, Taker, Mick, Angle, HBK, Hart, etc. and tell me that CM Punk is gonna be on that level? I'm really hoping he loses the title at the GAB and just fades off into mediocrity until he gets fired.

I think you should go check out youtube and search for some classic CM Punk promos. The WWE has barely given him an opportunity to speak.

As for everyone else, I'm surprised at the amount of people that dislike CM Punk as champion. I think it's a great idea and its about time we see someone new in the main event. I think he'll have a short title run, perhaps until Summerslam. Nonetheless, the Flagship show, is moving on forward. People will get familar with these new faces and in a year, we'll be seeing some new main eventers.

you guys need to calm down, its not that bad having punk as champ, and you guys would complain if jbl, cena, or batista was champ right now, whats gonna please you guys? honestly? cm punk could be a transitional champ but i mean, at least last nite wasnt predictible like other nights, and i for one like being suprise and caught off guard. i dont mine seeing punk as champ for now or even longer, and will you guys stop saying that cena should be out of the main event status, you guys are nuts? you guys talking about pushing cade, td jr, and kofi up already, thats nuts, raws main event status is fine and is gonna shock alot of you guys, nothing wrong to me with it, cena, punk, batista, orton(when he comes back), jbl, even jericho and hbk, and mysterio eventually. give it time to mesh and gel before you bash, cuz we all really dont know how things are going to play out yet.

im convinced half of u are robots...when i am online all i hear about is how wack cena batista and trips are, and how badly everyone wants punk hardy mvp kennedy etc. in the main event...the WWE gives everyone what they want (change) and now ppl suddenly hate punk? shit doesnt make sense...everyone in the arena went insane when he won, i havent heard a reaction like that in a while, and i for one am still shocked in a good way. im very happy he is champ as they are building him with the strap on as opposed to get built before winning the strap, which i think might work to his benefit as it will keep the spotlight on him during the whole building process. but he needs a couple month with the championship, defeating the likes of jericho michaels and jbl.

Look at this...

World Heavyweight Champion: CM Punk

Intercontinental Champion: Kofi Kingston

Tag Team Champions: Ted and Cody

NO TRIPPLE H

Raw is going to be the new smackdown. You are going to be able to make stars on Raw because HHH is not there. I feel like anything can happen now, and I can't wait till next week.. (I have not said that in a looong time)

GREAT JOB WWE

Keep the Title away from Batista and Cena for a while and u will make me a happy man.

aaah, its so true though, I mean is it just coincidence that Trips leaves RAW and all of a sudden its exciting again. I am not the biggest CM Punk fan but I have to admit that it was a ballsy move and wouldnt have happened if HHH had the RAW belt.

Also glad to see Y2J lose the IC title, to none other than Kofi, Jericho's my favourite wrestler but he was doing nothing with that belt, he's just becoming too high profile, I could see Kofi defending the title regularly, some good IC fueds are needed.

Dibiase and Rhodes as the tag champs is a great move, they are both young, have something in common and actually make sense as a team. Thats 3 title changes in the space of 2 days, well done WWE.

WWE is trying to change things up and get the ratings back to where they use to be.

It's a fucking fact that the same guys, Cena, JBL, Edge, Taker, Batista, Triple H, etc. have not been doing anything to get ratings up. Infact ratings have been dropping. Just a month ago people were bitching about this shit, now the WWE does something and you people continue to bitch.

nd this is a perfect example of how bad the WWE and it's fans are...they don't like change or something different. Reallity check people eventually all your favorites will be gone and you'll have to find new favorites. If guys like Kofi, Punk, Burke, etc. (all the young lower/midcard guys) stayed where they were the WWE would be fucked once Triple H, Taker, Batista, Mysterio, etc. left. They'd have no major stars!

It's about the E does something, and obviously it is in the right direction as it's got people talking.

how is Joe a real champ and Punk not. come on now. i like both these guys and Punk and Joe have had some great matches. I thought last night was one of the best raws I've seen in a long time. a long long long time.

This certainly is exciting times. Litterally the depth of the WWE roster has never been so good they have the potential to put on GREAT matches for the whole card. People who say Punk cant be a champ are foolish... What I cant wait for is an Orton/ Punk feud for the title... With all the people like kane, batista, cena, jbl, jericho and michaels to fall back on the younger generation can either make or break the WWE... sure there taking risks with all of the major male championships being held by people unheard of in mainstream wrestling 2 years ago but thats what's so good... there making new stars and about time too... who knows which of these younger generation are going to emerge as the next uber-superstar, whoever it is will need to break free from any mould given to them and become there own superstar... really exciting times on RAW lets see if it will sink or swim.

here's my thoughts

CM Punk- Well i mean he doesnt deserve a world title , yet... thats the keyword maybe later in his career , but now he should stick to IC Title run , but whatever Vince wants.....

Ted DiBiase Jr. - Well i dont know if he will get into mid card quickly yet he isn't low card , but making it to mid card so he and Cody together are a good mix

Cody Rhodes - He and DiBiase are both 3rd Generation will they be like their fathers , Ted DiBiase and Dusty Rhodes , . I don't know right now , but Cody is getting better.

Batista - He needs a heel turn ----- badly! He needs a fued with Cena. Have Cena beat Punk at GAB. or sometime soon. Soon enough for Batista vs Cena at WM 25.

John Cena - He needs to get a better babyface image , but i like him better heel either he or Batista would help.

Lance Cade - He should face Kingston in an IC Title fued. Or make it Punk-Cade-Kingston for IC title???

Chris Jericho - Right now he is midcarder and i dont see him with a title soon especially not World or IC maybe tag with Batista after a heel turn

Kofi Kingston - Like a said needs a fued with Punk and Cade.

Santino Marella - Good with comedy and on the mic everynight he could be pushed to a mid carder by Rey in fued.

Rey Mysterio - If we saw a lightheavyweight title Rey would be first in line followed by Kofi Kingston.

Kane - We need a fued wuth Cena or Batista idontknow with him right now?

I LOVE IT! FINALLY!

I was getting very tired of the same fueds, this past Monday the show even looked more energetic, with HHH on Smackdown it also makes room for a lot of people to get a push like JBL and Y2J hopefully, I like how they put Cade with Y2J I think that was smart, I think they should put more young heels with Y2J

I wish they would have kept Batista on Smackdown though or maybe they should turn him heel also

As much as I am a fan of guys like Shawn Michaels, John Cena and Chris Jericho. I love this new era. Raw the other night just felt so fresh and different instead of the same old shit we have watched for the last 3 years.

CM Punk winning the World Title is a great suprise that literally nobody expected. He also received a great reaction on Raw compared to the shitty reactions he has received over the last few months, but that is mostly the WWE's fault.

I really like Kofi Kingston and I was against him going to Raw. But an IC title run is great for him at the moment but however, I still think it is a little too rushed.

John Cena, Randy Orton and Triple H have all wrestled each other almost on every ppv for quite some time. While I like all 3 of them, new main eventers needed to made especially on Raw. It was just so stale and boring.

Triple H to Smackdown was a great move and look, a week later and we have a new main eventer and a new World Champ in CM Punk. Hopefully Raw will be fresh every week from now on as I think the 2008 draft has had a huge impact already after only 1 fricken week!

Yes, lets look at the Rock a man who used a few moves but had great ring psychology...he was great indeed but the same as Austin who used the same moves and had great psychology, Angle was one of the few who could crazy wrestle so he was great, Mick was just insane and thats what made him great, Hart was innovation at the time he picked his parts and beat you down.

Punk has what it takes to go to the top of the WWE as he is technically at the moment, i think i must've been the only one to watch his match with JBL i thought it could've if longer been a Main Event on any show. I assume by sloppy you mean that he doesnt hit that Air punk with great effectiveness cause like i doubt WWE are going to let him do a huge diving knockout lariat, he might hurt someone.
Punk has the mic skill, you saw that promo that is only a taste.
He has that snide bitterness about him sometimes that can get you to hate him soo much but then you've got his nice side which he can just taunt and taunt and taunt, he is really good at it.

Though he isn't at their calibre just yet, he could in the future be right up there.

The way Raw is right now is both a blessing and a curse. Its nice to see that they're willing to start working on the younger guys, don't get me wrong. But who do these guys have to feud with to build themselves up?

For instance, DiBiase and Rhodes. Both guys in my mind have what it takes to be major players in the next few years. But what they're lacking is cohesion. They need some practice with some veterans (and GOOD ones...not like Hacksaw or Bob Holly). So while the two of them may be able to capitalize off Mysterio, HBK, and Jericho, they have nobody else to learn from. Raw is overstacked with the younger talent or those that are lacking in talent. What are they seriously going to learn from Palumbo, Deuce, etc? There have been reports that Jamie Noble still teaches moves to even HBK, so he should be in a program with Burchill or whatever to help them out. Pairing up DiBiase/Rhodes against Cryme Tyme could be entertaining, but where to go from there if Raw has no other tag teams?

As far as the main event scene goes....Raw suffers from a balance issue. The faces right now are Cena, HBK, Batista, CM Punk, Kane, and Mysterio. The heels are Orton, JBL, Regal, and Chris Jericho. Two faces (Batista and Punk) are rumored to be in line for a heel turn. Two heels (Orton and Regal) are currently out of the product due to an injury and a suspension. Two faces (Kane and Mysterio) are past their prime and have absolutely no shot at winning the big title, on top of how they have a limited amount of wrestlers they can work with and look believable. One heel (JBL) is horrid. One face (Cena) still can't win back the fans. Many potential feuds are things that we've already seen for the past year. Do we REALLY want to sit through Cena/Orton, Cena/JBL, or HBK/Batista again? And many of the alternatives are terrible when you consider JBL, Batista, Kane, and Mysterio being involved. Anybody looking forward to JBL/Mysterio or Batista/Kane, Batista/Mysterio, or Kane/JBL? I'm not.

So while Raw has a good idea here, in pushing some of the younger talent, I feel they picked the wrong group of people to lead the fight in such a change. Mysterio is someone who could help more backstage with the youngsters rather than having actual money-making programs with them as damn near everybody looks terrible trying to sell a 619. Kane and JBL are two people that I can't see being a real positive as they would work much better on ECW. Batista is a like a trash bag being placed in a small hallway...he's garbage that will be blocking people from coming through to the main event.

Really, it all depends on how they go about things. If they expect people to really enjoy (and pay for) a feud between JBL and Punk, they've got another thing coming. If they really expect people to tune in to watch Rhodes and DiBiase beat jobbers, they've got another thing coming. But if they're willing to let people go all out and push people based on MERIT instead of just trying to cram them down our throats and tell us that they're talented, then they may be on to something. Having JBL come out and tell the audience that he's world title material doesn't mean anybody believes it. Having Michael Cole rave about the "monster" Kane is, when he looks weak 85% of the time, doesn't sell him as a monster to the crowd. Actions speak louder than words, so don't waste too much time by having DiBiase and Rhodes tell us that they are "too talented to pay dues" if you're only going to book them against jobbers that can't get the crowd to pop.

Last week's Raw was, in my opinion, 30% great and 70% terrible, as they crammed way too many promos in there for my liking. Mysterio's segment was unnecessary, JR's ran too long, the "Cena thrown out" segment was far too long, etc. If they keep things succinct and interchange it with action, and take the approach of "less is more sometimes" with storytelling, then they can have promos that are quick, to the point, don't bore the audience, tell the story, AND are backed up with force. That's the way to go, and they'll need it if they have to rely on the likes of some terrible performers to get them through the in-ring segments.

I can't understand why everyone is against a possible JBL/Punk feud....Would it hurt Punk's credibility as the new World Champion to have him go over JBL? No way! JBL was the longest reigning champion in Smackdown history....not only that but think creativity here. We've got this self-made millionaire, mr wall street, old school guy facing a tattooed, straight-edge, young guy....I see some real good promo's coming out of it. Also a bloody main event with Punk going over big adding some credibilty to his reign.

Who knows what's going on with Kingston's IC Championship. Over the past few years it has just been a piece of cloth and nothing more (besides from the Hardy/Nitro classics). Hopefully we'll see some top contenders for it.

I'm pro punk getting the title...anybody but Cena, Orton or HHH again.

I think I speak for many people when I say that WWE has gotten boring recently. It has been the same people for two years now. Cena, Orton and HHH at least one of them have been involved with every Raw championship match for over two years now.

It gets boring. It really does. The same people and the same stories...over and over again.

Punk is fine right now...he now becomes the hunted and because anybody he faces has a chance of beating him ( unlike HHH because when he wrestles chances are he is not losing the title)...it makes his matches interesting...lets say he faces JBL on Monday in a rematch...we all will watch to see if he survives...or he goes against Cena...we will all watch..

so if you like him or not...the point is your all going to be watching. hoping he loses or hoping he retains....and were all talking about it...

WWE wins

I'm pro punk getting the title...anybody but Cena, Orton or HHH again.

And yet it'll still be the same people in the Main Event spot, over and over. Triple H. is on Smackdown, now with their only World Championship. John Cena is on Raw, and his chances at becoming World Champion just grew to new highs. Randy Orton is injured, but upon his return will likely target either guy, both of which would likely have a Championship around his return.

So I fail to see how anything has changed, with the small exception of adding a jobber into the Heavyweight Championship mix, and removing the one Champion, who should've never lost his title as he was their best one. (I dare someone to argue the point of Edge not being their best Champion. People world wide complain about H.H.H. holding his title, and no way is Mark Henry better than Edge.. so therefore, Edge had no business or right to lose his title.)

I think I speak for many people when I say that WWE has gotten boring recently. It has been the same people for two years now. Cena, Orton and HHH at least one of them have been involved with every Raw championship match for over two years now.

I think you have the right to speak for yourself, and quit trying to presume and place words into other people's mouthes. Once again, its still going to be the same people in the Main Event spot, as the only guy that was in it.. thats not a Champion, was Edge.

Triple H. didn't lose his Championship to C.M. Punk, if he would've.. it would've turned Punk heel, which would've been the greatest thing for him since he cashed in the way he did.. which already makes him look like a fluke of a Champion, and anything both worthy to hold it. (anyone who disagrees would've had no right complaining when Edge did it the same way, and had even more of a right since he was heel doing it)

It gets boring. It really does. The same people and the same stories...over and over again.

How is it the same stories? So whats changed exactly? The story will still be Indy Punk = World Champion.. *insert challenger here* = World Champion contender.

Punk is fine right now...he now becomes the hunted and because anybody he faces has a chance of beating him ( unlike HHH because when he wrestles chances are he is not losing the title)...it makes his matches interesting...lets say he faces JBL on Monday in a rematch...we all will watch to see if he survives...or he goes against Cena...we will all watch..

In my opinion, that makes a horrible Champion though. Why not literally give the title to Colin Delaney then? If you're placing your most prized Championship on your biggest show, onto a guy that is looked at as someone who could literally lose to anyone.. how is he worthy to be a Heavyweight Champion?

You JUST described Colin Delaney as Indy Punk.. someone who can lose to anyone, who got a lucky fluke victory over someone who was already knocked out and beaten within an inch of his life.

so if you like him or not...the point is your all going to be watching. hoping he loses or hoping he retains....and were all talking about it...

WWE wins

You would've still been watching even if the Championship went to John Cena, Batista or remained on Edge. Why? Because if you're a fan, its what you do. You watch, regardless of how shitty the storylines are.

If I wasn't a fan, Indy Punk's World Championship win would've turned me away from watching in a heartbeat, merely because the guy does not, does not, DOES FUCKING NOT deserve his Championship spot. Fluke, fluke, fluke, fluke, fluke.. the word won't get old, because thats exactly everything Indy Punk is.

I'm going to watch on Monday Night. I'm going to hope Punk has a one on one Championship match that either allows the Championship to find a new Superstar to rest on, or I'm going to watch and see if anyone in the Main Event can carry Punk into looking like a Champion worth thinking about.

I'll continue watching week after week, even if Fluke Indy Punk continues to win and retain.

Why my opinion of the guy is so awful, is because the W.W.E. decided to allow him to lose to everyone this year, and not give him any type of credibility. If Punk was suppose to properly win the World Heavyweight Championship, then they should've at least let him win King of the Ring. Or the Intercontinental Championship earlier on. Or even any number of matches that he lost, against guys he should've logically had no right losing against.

And yet it'll still be the same people in the Main Event spot, over and over. Triple H. is on Smackdown, now with their only World Championship. John Cena is on Raw, and his chances at becoming World Champion just grew to new highs. Randy Orton is injured, but upon his return will likely target either guy, both of which would likely have a Championship around his return.

I love how you are presuming that it is going to be the same people in the main event. How do you know Orton is going back into the title scene. Clearly this Raw generated a huge buzz around the industry. Who is to say that Orton/Cena is going to the main event again in a few months? Please don’t presume!!! Ha Ha Ha

I think you have the right to speak for yourself, and quit trying to presume and place words into other people's mouthes. Once again, its still going to be the same people in the Main Event spot, as the only guy that was in it.. thats not a Champion, was Edge..

I find it funny that you tell me not to presume or put anything into peoples mouths. Have you seen the polls? Have you read posts? Many people feel this way. You need to get out of you own head and listen to people talk. I didn’t say all people…I said MANY people. Please read all the posts carefully before responding.

How is it the same stories? So whats changed exactly? The story will still be Indy Punk = World Champion.. *insert challenger here* = World Champion contender...

What has exactly changed? Punk is the champ….I believe a different person being the champ is what most intelligent people would consider….change. Try to keep up.

In my opinion, that makes a horrible Champion though. Why not literally give the title to Colin Delaney then? If you're placing your most prized Championship on your biggest show, onto a guy that is looked at as someone who could literally lose to anyone.. how is he worthy to be a Heavyweight Champion?..

Punks win is considered an upset. Like the Giants beating the Patriots. Are the Giants the best team in football? No. Are they the champs. Yes. Or the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees a few years ago. Not since the 1,2,3 kid beat Razor Ramon we haven't had to many upset vicotories. Why can’t wrestling have an upset victory.

You would've still been watching even if the Championship went to John Cena, Batista or remained on Edge. Why? Because if you're a fan, its what you do. You watch, regardless of how shitty the storylines are.

I'm going to watch on Monday Night. I'm going to hope Punk has a one on one Championship match that either allows the Championship to find a new Superstar to rest on, or I'm going to watch and see if anyone in the Main Event can carry Punk into looking like a Champion worth thinking about.

I'll continue watching week after week, even if Fluke Indy Punk continues to win and retain.

Why my opinion of the guy is so awful, is because the W.W.E. decided to allow him to lose to everyone this year, and not give him any type of credibility. If Punk was suppose to properly win the World Heavyweight Championship, then they should've at least let him win King of the Ring. Or the Intercontinental Championship earlier on. Or even any number of matches that he lost, against guys he should've logically had no right losing against..

Use your head. This is not WCW. They were planning this as an upset win. like the Giants beating the Patriots. THat's why they had him job and job for so long. So nobody will see it coming....come on willy...think outside the box. Meltzer even said something about that already. Try to keep up.

Its not about you….or me…its about the people who don’t watch wrestling religiously who are tuning in this week to see what is going on. We are constant. New fans are going to drive the industry. The people who are on the fence and left because the storylines suck may tune in to see what all the talking is about. Hell they may not know anything about Punk. They just know that it is different.
Despite you fandom you are a minority in society. Rating plummet because most people turn the show of with these boring storylines.
We clearly watch more because we are making posts…but those that used to post and watch are not coming back.

So please bigwill…you need to understand…its not about you…and if you stop watching but three new fans jump on…the WWE wins…

Sorry to give you the reality check mate…your not important to the WWE because as you say “True fans keep watching” so no matter how much this pisses you off….you ( like a moron) are still going to support the show

Thus proving my point…your going to watch…and so are new fans because they find this interesting.

I am the type of fan who will barely watch this if it continues to be crap week after week. Its not like I'm turning my back on a sports team. This is wrestling. Its written. It is the equivalent of not watching the last season of X files because it got stupid. bad writing means I'm not watching it....

But again....you don't like Punk...but you will watch...and new fans may tune in to see this new champ and how long he survives....

So you can go on and on about how he doesn't deserve it or whatever...but at the end of the day...your going to support the show...so who cares what you think??

The fans that may turn away from this show is who the WWE are afraid of losing...your not one of them...

so again...who the fuck cares what you think? your still going to watch...you don't matter...

Thanks for trying.

I love how you are presuming that it is going to be the same people in the main event. How do you know Orton is going back into the title scene. Clearly this Raw generated a huge buzz around the industry. Who is to say that Orton/Cena is going to the main event again in a few months? Please don’t presume!!! Ha Ha Ha

Why would you tell me to not do the same thing you turn around to do? You ask me not to randomly assume John Cena and Randy Orton wouldn't continue to be in the Main Event. Yet you wildly assume one of the single biggest draws in the W.W.E., not just for today, but in their entire history of being.. John Cena.. wouldn't be in the Main Event for monthes, and years to come.

So why on earth, would you tell me not to presume so much, when you yourself make worse-off assumptions than I do. Furthermore, why would it be hard to believe John Cena would stay constant in the Main Event?

Afterall, Cena is the single biggest cash-cow the W.W.E. has. Why wouldn't they market him as their Main Event guy? Especially over someone who a week ago wasn't even an afterthought in people's minds.

I find it funny that you tell me not to presume or put anything into peoples mouths. Have you seen the polls? Have you read posts? Many people feel this way. You need to get out of you own head and listen to people talk. I didn’t say all people…I said MANY people. Please read all the posts carefully before responding.

I see everyone who likes this situation saying the same exact thing. "Indy Punk was amazing in R.O.H. He'll do wonders for sure."

Why (once again, since assuming and presuming are the words of the day with you) would I wish to wildly assume Indy Punk, because he was some fluke big shot in the minor leagues, is suddenly going to be the next big thing, because the guy picked up a very one sided, fluke-like and cheap victory?

People who're buzzing over this event, are buzzing about who'll defeat Punk, not how long his reign will go. Now who Punk will defeat. Only Punk Bastards (Indy Punk's fan base) care about what happens with Punk.

Everyone else is just hyped to see what the next big shocking moment might be, because placing the Championship on Punk was pretty much scrapping the bottom of the barrel.. so surely anything is possible to happen now.

What has exactly changed? Punk is the champ….I believe a different person being the champ is what most intelligent people would consider….change. Try to keep up.

The holder of the Money in the Bank case cashed in and won a Championship. :rolleyes: Yeah, thats original.

Try remembering history, before you tell me about how unique and one of a kind this storyline is.

Punks win is considered an upset. Like the Giants beating the Patriots. Are the Giants the best team in football? No. Are they the champs. Yes. Or the Red Sox coming back from 0-3 to beat the Yankees a few years ago. Not since the 1,2,3 kid beat Razor Ramon we haven't had to many upset vicotories. Why can’t wrestling have an upset victory.

A football nor baseball game are staged with a planned winner. Are you mildly ******ed?

Why do people insist on comparing a Sports Entertainment show.. with a Sports event?

Razor Ramon losing to the 1-2-3 Kid was shocking, it was very hyped for what it was, and it got the Kid over. Punk winning the major title, on the flagship show is hardly a good decision to try and get him over all the sudden. Thats a lot of stock on one unknown, to suddenly chance it.

Oh, and lets not forget.. WRESTLING IS STAGED! Real sports games aren't. So the Giants and Red Sox.. those were miracle-upsets. Punk winning was a panic attack that was preplanned, possibly at very last second.

Use your head. This is not WCW.

This could be greatly compared to David Arquette winning the World Championship in fluke-like victories.

Or if you wish to give Indy Punk more credit, its exactly the same as the New Blood storyline.. in which all the younger talent are suddenly getting major pushes. (Punk, Kingston, Dibiase & Rhodes of W.W.E. = Booker T, Kidman, Palumbo & Jindrak of W.C.W.)

They were planning this as an upset win. like the Giants beating the Patriots. THat's why they had him job and job for so long. So nobody will see it coming....come on willy...think outside the box. Meltzer even said something about that already. Try to keep up.

Did you really just say that the Superbowl was staged and pre-planned to allow the Giants to win? Because you unofficially did. You said Indy Punk's victory was just like the Giants winning the Superbowl.

But you also said Punk's victory was pre-planned, which is why you assume they had him job. So noone would see it coming. So I guess Eli Manning's horrible gameplay during the regular season was all on purpose. So he could throw off the Spygate scandals from the Patriots. :lmao: Oh that Eli, hes a tricky, tricky guy.

Its not about you….or me…its about the people who don’t watch wrestling religiously who are tuning in this week to see what is going on. We are constant. New fans are going to drive the industry. The people who are on the fence and left because the storylines suck may tune in to see what all the talking is about. Hell they may not know anything about Punk. They just know that it is different.

Since when is Indy Punk the only fricken guy on the roster capable of delivering new and unique storylines that're worth watching?

I've agreed whole-heartedly that the shock-value of the storyline was amazing and yes, everyone (myself included) are talking about how great it was for what it was. But MY complaint isn't over the storyline, its over the wrestler being pushed majorly IN the storyline.

Despite you fandom you are a minority in society. Rating plummet because most people turn the show of with these boring storylines.

Once again, I love how you randomly run your mouth and make it seem like Indy Punk is the answer to creatives brain-farts. When he himself, was a result of a brain-fart.

We clearly watch more because we are making posts…but those that used to post and watch are not coming back.

While everyone is raving over the storyline, many are also ranting on how horrible the decision was made to give Indy Punk the Heavyweight Championship.

Currently they're all being overshadowed by myself, as I've single handedly taken it upon myself to make sure each and every one of you sees the error in Punk's victory. And trust me, if I have to reply with the same thing, to each new Punk Bastard (Punk fan) then I will.

So please bigwill…you need to understand…its not about you…and if you stop watching but three new fans jump on…the WWE wins…

When the fuck did I ever say it was about me? Again I have to ask, now with more of a tone.. are you.. mildly.. re-tard-ed?

I'll watch wrestling until the day I die. I love the sport as a whole. But that doesn't mean I have to love each storyline they half ass to me. Quit stupidly assuming I'd give up the sports entertainment show I love, all because one great storyline, gave some fluke wrestler a high profile spot.

It'll end soon, but until it does, I have a right to complain. Just like you have a right to debate.

Sorry to give you the reality check mate…your not important to the WWE because as you say “True fans keep watching” so no matter how much this pisses you off….you ( like a moron) are still going to support the show

I love how you make idiotic remarks, and statements.. yet call me the moron. Why am I a moron? Because I give my opinion? Because I say something that you don't agree with? I guess that'd make you a completely dumbass to me then, wouldn't it?

Of course I don't see you that way. I see you as an individual with an opinion. One that I don't agree with, but one thats valued all the same.

Thus proving my point…your going to watch…and so are new fans because they find this interesting.

You're proving a point that never had a theory. I never said I'd quit watching, and if I did then it surely was taken out of context.

I am the type of fan who will barely watch this if it continues to be crap week after week. Its not like I'm turning my back on a sports team. This is wrestling. Its written. It is the equivalent of not watching the last season of X files because it got stupid. bad writing means I'm not watching it....

Then you're a crappy wrestling fan, and only watch if it interests you, not because you love the business or the show. So your opinion and value just dropped through my eyes, as you're trying to tell me the company doesn't care about my views, yet you then turn around and exclaim you'd quit watching if they didn't give you new storylines and a change to watch.

Why would they give a shit about you, anymore than they would about me? Unlike you.. I've loyally paid for every W.W.E. & T.N.A. p.p.v. for years upon years. I've been a loyal fan of wrestling as a whole, and have a deep respect for the business as a whole.

Shitty storylines or not, I watch and I have a right to complain or cheer. You on the other hand, just showed that your rights are half-valued because you merely quit watching if it doesn't suit you. So you're acting like a baby in that sense, in saying "Give me what I want, or else."

But again....you don't like Punk...but you will watch...and new fans may tune in to see this new champ and how long he survives....

Or, what happens if it backfires and new fans tune in, see Indy Punk, wonder why a cruiserweight type built guy with next to no amazing amount of talent is the top guy.. and quit watching, similar to you, if they didn't like what they seen?

So you can go on and on about how he doesn't deserve it or whatever...but at the end of the day...your going to support the show...so who cares what you think??

And you can go on and on about why you feel he does deserve it, but at the end of the day you aren't on creative and even remotely if you were, then you'd be trying to sell this half-assed story off as something worth more than what it truly was. So who cares what you think, in return???

The fact is, you're giving me your opinion and at the same time trying to say mine isn't worth anything. So what makes yours any different? Why should I bother remembering a word you said, the moment I click submit reply?

The truth is, I won't. You'll become just another Punk Bastard to me, someone who's bought into the month-long hype and it'll be over and gone before you even get your newly bought Indy Punk t-shirt.

The fans that may turn away from this show is who the WWE are afraid of losing...your not one of them...

Why wouldn't I be one of them? I've been a life long fan who's purchased every single W.W.E. Pay Per View for a very long time. I'd say if they lost me, while I'm merely one guy.. its still losing more than it would be if they lost you.

You said yourself, you flip away when you see shit. You flip away when you don't like it. So I assume you wouldn't buy each p.p.v. for no other reason that your love of the business.. like myself. So if they lost you, it really wouldn't be a huge loss. But if they did something to truly piss me off, truly turn me away.. they'd be losing at least well over a couple thousand dollars a year if not more, from one person alone.

To a company that makes billions, it isn't anything. But when you look at that, then think how many there are similar to me, that'd stop just the same. When comparing us, to guys like you.. we're better, because we buy more.

so again...who the fuck cares what you think? your still going to watch...you don't matter...

Wow, you're kinda turning downright flamey toward the end. And the fact of the matter is, people would care about me.. just as much as they would about you.

Your one-sided views on believing in any manner you're greater than I am, because you half-assingly watch the product when its beneficial to you.. so they MUST obey your decisions is naive and utterly ******ed.

Like me, the guy who pays for every monthly p.p.v., and buys several products from them.. I give them more of my money then you likely do yours. So to them, I assure you losing me, would be a worse loss than losing you.

Thanks for trying.

Yeah, its a real shame you couldn't come up with anything logical. Sorry.. better luck next time.

I am just happy WWE Raw has all the young talent. I see Ted jr has the next Randy Orton.
C.M. Punk has champ best thing wwe could have done right now. look say 4 weeks ago raw was the same stuff all the time no different maybe a little excitement here and there. and right after the draft now look Triple H is not the world champ of raw C.M. Punk is Chris Jericho is not ic champ kofi is new tag champs of ted jr and Cody Rhodes were something no won saw coming. RAW is so much better now and exciting with the future on it i find it makes raw better so how everyone stop complaining cause it won't change get used to it. RAW is better then ever and with C.M. Punk has world champ best thing ever. Even you guys had to admit raw was amazing Monday and had you to the edge of your seat it had me and millions more to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back