RAW Main Event

Tyler44

Pre-Show Stalwart
I don't know who here heard about this, but tonight's RAW will have a main event as the following match:

Miz and Big Show vs. Cena and Batista for the Unified Tag Team Titles!

I don't think I have ever seen anything this interesting and I really have no idea what could happen. This is what I love about RAW, it is so un-stale and always keeps me on the edge of my seat waiting and pandering for main events like this. Anyone else ecstatic for this brilliant and creative match that WWE somehow though of? I don't think WWE has ever took two opponents from either a previous or future PPV and put them on the same team against the tag champions. I cannot wait!

John Cena and Shawn Michaels did it. But to be honest with you, this is definitely interesting and WWE definitely doesn't want to get beat by the second rate programming of TNA.

Yeah this has happened before and, while I watch it, I know it's going to go either one of two ways. One, is that the two cannot coexist and eventually the heel will hit his finisher on the face and the opponents will pick up the pieces and the win. Two, they happen to coexist and then win the match.

There is a third situation instance which can happen which is the face could win the match on his own.

Oh, look at that, the match has ended. All that potential story building for nothing. Sorry kid, you got excited at the right time. WWE just failed to appease us once again!

-------------

This has actually took an interesting turn, I like Otunga on NXT and this is definately getting the show some exposure. He is definately an exciting worker and I could definately see a title change here. The NXT ratings would soar if one of the 'rookies' was a title holder. And No Doubt Cena would make an appearance which would further their ratings. Good move WWE.

On a side note, is Otunga heel or face? I can't bring myself to call him tweener. If you're tweener, surely you shouldn't algn yourself with Cena?

And that's why I find the WWE so stale: A nice RAW-leadoff for this match that they piss away with a freaking pointless countout DQ.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

And that's why I find the WWE so stale: A nice RAW-leadoff for this match that they piss away with a freaking pointless countout DQ.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I wouldn't say pointless, not until Raw is over at least.

As far as storyline has gone, the Cena/Batista feud is continuing on toward Extreme rules.

As far as NXT goes, like I said before... it's getting exposure.

And if that match goes in Cena and Otunga's favour then that will free up The Miz again, just in time for the draft where a new fleet of challengers for the US title will arrive. I personally think ShowMiz has run it's course.

And, although this probably isn't the place, if you are calling WWE stale in comparison to TNA... then I have to say that neither company is getting it right. TNA overkills and randomly jots things together. WWE underwhelms constantly. At the moment, I'd still take WWE. I'd rather have a countout on Raw than a No Contest due to ring breaking on PPV. Id rather have young guys in the limelight than Hogan and Flair.

I believe that after a grueling 3 on 1 beatdown, Otunga will challenge Cena and beat him with a botchslam. I just feel hes on the way to a heel turn.

On a side note, is Otunga heel or face? I can't bring myself to call him tweener. If you're tweener, surely you shouldn't algn yourself with Cena?

Orton's a tweener and who was he 'aligned with' last monday? Oh, right, Cena.

Anyway... I'm fairly certain MizShow will retain. Cena doesn't really seem like the tag-title kinda guy. @_@

I wouldn't say pointless, not until Raw is over at least.

As far as storyline has gone, the Cena/Batista feud is continuing on toward Extreme rules.

As far as NXT goes, like I said before... it's getting exposure.

And if that match goes in Cena and Otunga's favour then that will free up The Miz again, just in time for the draft where a new fleet of challengers for the US title will arrive. I personally think ShowMiz has run it's course.

And, although this probably isn't the place, if you are calling WWE stale in comparison to TNA... then I have to say that neither company is getting it right. TNA overkills and randomly jots things together. WWE underwhelms constantly. At the moment, I'd still take WWE. I'd rather have a countout on Raw than a No Contest due to ring breaking on PPV. Id rather have young guys in the limelight than Hogan and Flair.

Well, I take it back. You were right - Otunga's turn on Cena and the subsequent Batista Bomb made the Main Event worth watching after all!

I think both companies are stale. TNA has the slight advtg with me at the moment only because I haven't seen most of their talent ever/in a while. I don't think they're "better" by any means though.

Plus, TNA has Velvet Sky's ass.

Well, I take it back. You were right - Otunga's turn on Cena and the subsequent Batista Bomb made the Main Event worth watching after all!

I think both companies are stale. TNA has the slight advtg with me at the moment only because I haven't seen most of their talent ever/in a while. I don't think they're "better" by any means though.

Plus, TNA has Velvet Sky's ass.

Haha, Well, I'm an eternal optimist. All in all a piss-poor Raw and one that should have been a lot more.

Very good point on the unusual talent in TNA, that's a reason I started watching late last year.

And in regards to Orton being a tweener, he had that common enemy thing going last week and THIS week, he tried to RKO Cena. Hardly aligning himself. I should have seen the Otunga heel turn coming to be honest. UK Fan. It's 4am! Forgive me, I must be tired!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back