Will CM Punk winning the Unified Tag Titles make him a Main Eventer?

undertaker fan

Occasional Pre-Show
What if the Straight Edge Society does win the unified tag team champions. Do you think that kind of maybe sort of make CM Punk an established main eventer. I know some people may think that he is already an established main eventer but he has drop down since the Undertaker returned.

But anyway having him appear on both shows can perhaps make him an established main eventer again. Remember he doesn't have to always be in a tag team match when he appears on RAW. So do you think he could have good one on one matches and get wins over the main eventers on RAW.

What if the Straight Edge Society does win the unified tag team champions. Do you think that kind of maybe sort of make CM Punk an established main eventer. I know some people may think that he is already an established main eventer but he has drop down since the Undertaker returned but anyway having him appear on both shows can perhaps make him an established main eventer again. Remember he doesn't have to always be in a tag team match when he appears on RAW so do you think he could have good one on one matches and get wins over the main eventers on RAW.

There's no doubt that CM Punk could work both shows with a good representation with the title belts. I don't have much faith in Luke Gallows myself, but I believe Punk can carry this team all on his lonesome, and Gallows can do the big man routine just fine.

CM Punk established himself as a main eventer with his opportunist defeats of Edge and Hardy, but by Straight Edge Society beating DX that would put another feather in his cap especially if he has majority time in the ring against HHH and Michaels. I could see him pulling off the dual shows just fine, as he has a lot of potential contenders that could work well with his current messiah Gimmick.

It will most definitely drive the DX fans nuts with his constant bragging about beating DX and their "Heroes", and will also remind them that he is their messiah. I can also see an epic promo being cut on Shawn Michaels and his persona before he found god, and start insinuating drug addiction and an awry lifestyle taking it's tolls on himself and others around him. It would be glorious for CM Punk.

Just Remember, He will Save US ALL.

I feel that Punk is already a main eventer. Thing is you can't have so many ppl going after the title at once. He is the only reason i watch smackdown he makes the show so much better. The crowd hates him so much. After they win the title i can see him going to raw and doing the shaving of the head thing. Then we'll see how over he'll be there cuz the raw crowd has been dead for a while. If they get more members i can see him just giving the title to the next guy just so he'll be in the world title picture while making his stable still credible. I hope the SES lasts long like Evolution. This has been the best stable in so long. Legacy has been garbage

Punk has always been one of the guys I enjoy watching. His promo during the Rumble was one of the best things I've seen in awhile. Besides Edge returning, Punk's promo was the best thing the Rumble had.

Anyways onto the topic at hand. I think winning the tag titles will indeed help CM Punk move up the ladder. Allowing him to appear on all shows gives his straight edge gimmick and the SES more exposure. It instantly puts Gallows and Serena over. Their association with Punk is already enough to get them over, but getting them to appear on Raw, SD, and even ECW would give them more exposure. This would allow Punk more mic time and more opportunities to save the WWE universe. It would be the correct move for the E to put the straps on the SES.

Yes, hopefully WWE does the right thing, and allows Punk and Gallows to win the belts. It would help them further their agenda of "cleaning up" the WWE, by taking the championships away from two degenerates who have a history of tasteless acts.

Plus, DX hasn't had that much to do with the belts anyway. Having them win the titles was more of a formality than a necessity, simply because they had "never had them before," blah blah blah. And HBK is obsessed with facing Taker at Mania, and HHH is once again in the WWE Title hunt.

So to give the Society a little more to boast about, have them win the titles.

If the Straightedge Society wins the Tag Titles then I see the Freebird rule being implemented while they reign supreme. CM Punk will more then likely move back up into the Main event while his minions defend the Tag titles. I am sure Punk will occasionally defend the tag belts but I think his prime focus should be on the World title. With the World title the SES would have instant credibility.

More then anything, I believe the WWE needs to bring back the other "saved" people. If they brought back Serena then why not bring back the other 2 guys? Or at the very least continue with Punk saving people and add those saved people to the faction.

This story has so much potential and is off to a fantastic start. I really hope the WWE keeps it up because it would be a shame for this angle to fall short. And hopefully, the SES does win the tag titles.

A Freebird rule would be awesome if Punk recruited some more members Jon. My guess is the other two guys "saved" aren't under contract or aren't ready for a main roster spot. Maybe we will see some guys from FCW get saved and join the SES. I think more members will be a solid plus, but hopefully they don't overdue it. I don't mind the occasional guy joining the SES, but no need for a new guy each week. I think a solid amount would be two or three more members.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1781430 said:
A Freebird rule would be awesome if Punk recruited some more members Jon. My guess is the other two guys "saved" aren't under contract or aren't ready for a main roster spot. Maybe we will see some guys from FCW get saved and join the SES. I think more members will be a solid plus, but hopefully they don't overdue it. I don't mind the occasional guy joining the SES, but no need for a new guy each week. I think a solid amount would be two or three more members.

Well regardless of if they are signed or not I believe the SES still needs a few more members. No less then two more. Even if the WWE didn't want to use the Freebird rule they could at least use Punk as the main eventer, Gallows as the Midcard guy, Serena for the Women's division and two other guys for the tag division.

However, I really do feel like the Freebird rule is the way to go. It has golden written all over it. The Spirit Squad may have been terrible but the Freebird rule made them that much more entertaining. Just imagine what it could do for an already interesting Straight Edge Society.

More members would lead to more opportunities to win titles. If the SES could hold all the titles on Smackdown, I think it could really help all of them. I have a bad feeling that the WWE might not let this angle pan out the way it should, but hopefully the titles will be won by them then have more members added, and win even more belts. A Raw part of the stable would be cool, having one or two people try to win the belts on Raw.

Well regardless of if they are signed or not I believe the SES still needs a few more members. No less then two more. Even if the WWE didn't want to use the Freebird rule they could at least use Punk as the main eventer, Gallows as the Midcard guy, Serena for the Women's division and two other guys for the tag division.

However, I really do feel like the Freebird rule is the way to go. It has golden written all over it. The Spirit Squad may have been terrible but the Freebird rule made them that much more entertaining. Just imagine what it could do for an already interesting Straight Edge Society.

I totally agree. There are easily some solid guys down in FCW who could fill the role. Someone like Bryan Danielson or Kaval. Or even use some current guys going nowhere like Curt Hawkins, Mike Knox (though his beard would attract attention from Punk's), or Charlie Haas. Or even someone like Lance Cade or Paul Burchill would work. There is plenty of talent out there to make this work with more members. I just list a handful of who I think are the best quality guys.

If they do win the tag titles, I can't see them keeping them for long, as it would eventually prove detrimental to Punk. I know DX and Jerishow have had the titles, but Punk would be with a low card partner, which would seem strange. However, I do think that this angle could really galvanise him. He put on a great performance at the Royal Rumble, and I think that he'll probably be in the Elimination Chamber. I think mask vs hair at WrestleMania against Rey is quite likely, so I imagine some offensive Eddie Guerrero comments are on his horizon.

CM Punk is the reason i watch smackdown, i just cant wait to see how this pans out and it ll be awesome because you know that it's stable of new guys, fresh faces if you will. CM Punk promos are awesome because he just says things you know people will hate i havent been this interested in a stable since Evolution so we will see how this goes. The Straight Edge society could instantly be credible and dangerous if CM Punk and Gallows win the tag titles, it would be even more credible and interesting if they convert one of the people on main the roster for example Kane+ CM Punk= Awesome what do you people think

Well, I think WWE book Punk as one of those "Main eventer, but not really" type guys. Like Kane from 1997-2001, Jericho 2003-2005 and so on. Punk was booked to make the first 5 or 6 eliminations in the Royal Rumble. He hasn't lost a match in weeks. He's being allowed be in the same segment as DX in the build up to the tag match, which is more than the Hart Dynasty was given. And he was in the segment with Jericho and Edge at the end of Smackdown. You're not booked that well unless you're a main eventer to a certain extent.

Can a tag team title reign shoot Punk straight back into the title scene? Yeah, I think a good reign can do that. It's done that for Jericho. Although, if current trends are anything to go by it'll be CM Punk pinning Michaels if anyone, Michaels has his whole frustrating losing streak thing going on. Pinning Michaels would be good for Punk, but it wouldn't give him the momentum to stay in the main event for the long term like a clean pin on Triple H would. But to sum it up, yes, I think if Punk and Gallows are given a godo title reign, Punk will go back into the title scene once it's over.

I see CM Punk as a main event talent already. He is a 3 time world champion and has proven himself in the WWE now. Sure, his attitude got him knocked down a peg, that showing in his title loss to Undertaker several months ago. The Unified Tag Team Championship would just get him exposed on all 3 brands, maybe somewhat over exposed, but we'll see. Punk wouldn't hurt from the title reign, and it would help Luke Gallows, but I'm just not sure if Luke is ready for it yet.

In short, hmm yeah CM Punk would make him a more exposed main eventer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back