• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw 15th - Your Favorite Moments

joejoe

Lazy
I'm suprised this thread has not started yet. If it has let me know and I'm sorry.

So wwe.com is counting down the top moments in Raw history. What are some of your favorites?

Here are mine.

-Y2J beating Triple H for the world title thanks to Earl Hebners fast count.
At the time I thought there was no chance of it happening and went nuts. Too bad the decision was reversed.

-HBK vs. Shelton Benjaim. Seeing HBK hit the super kick as Shelton jumped off the rope was an amazing moment. I couldn't believe the timing of it was so dead on.

-Foley beats the Rock for the WWF Title. When Austins glass hit and the place blew up it was such an awesome scene. I still love watching that moment.

-Y2J Debuts for the first time. All I can say is "IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" Awesome and this promo just proved that WCW completely wasted Jericho.

-Bang 3:16 Hilarious. You knew Austin wasn't really fired but it was a hilarious bit and so well done.

-Beer Truck - This moment created one of my favorite Austin quotes. "I'm gonna drive down route 3:16 pull down know your role blvd into the smackdown hotel and burn that sonabitch to the ground!"

-Tyson and Austin. This was one of the few moments that kept me glued to my TV. I could care less about Tyson but the fact that the Austin character wasn't gonna take Tyson in his ring was a great move creativly on the WWFs part.

I'm sure there are more. Let's hear yours!

I was thinking about starting a favorite moments of Monday Night RAW leading into the RAW XV Anniversary.

Here's some of my favorite moments:

1. When Shane McMahon announced his purchase of WCW
Probably the biggest moment ever. I remember while RAW IS WAR had their commercial break, I was flipping the channels and when I flipped to the Superstation I was thinking why the hell is Vince McMahon on my television screen and wondering if it was an error where the 'Station accidentally showed RAW IS WAR. So I quickly changed to "The New" TNN and found out that Vince McMahon announced he purchased WCW up until Shane McMahon came out to a decent pop at the sight of WCW announcing he purchased World Championship Wrestling. One of those shocking moments you had to watch live.

2. Doctor Austin paying Mr. McMahon a visit
That was just a "lmfao" moment. Austin coming out of nowhere attacking a crippled Vince McMahon in a hospital room hitting him on the head with a pan, shocked him and stuck a needle or whatever up Vince's ass. LOL.

3. Ric Flair making his WWE return after the "invasion"
Out of nowhere The Nature Boy comes out and tells Vince he purchased the stock that Shane and Stephanie sold which made Ric Flair the co-owner of the WWE. It was a huge surprise that came out of nowhere. Oh yeah, you can't forget when Ric Flair went nuts by knee dropping a beer can!

4. Steve Austin/Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation feud
Stone Cold tried talking Bret Hart into making a return so he could "kick his ass" at the Survivor Series. These two had an amazing feud throughout 1997. Steve Austin's ego was growing massively and his character started to become the main attraction of the show. What made this feud so great was because the hatred Austin showed towards Bret seemed very strong to the point you would get lost in this storyline and really believe Steve Austin hated the hell out of Bret Hart.

5. The nWo making a huge return on RAW the day after No Way Out 2002
This is mostly because I was there live and overall the entire show was excellent. It was awesome for me to see Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash making their huge RAW return in such a big role. The electricity was very awesome as well when Hogan challenged The Rock. Nothing I ever experienced before.

6. Triple H announces he is married to Stephanie McMahon
During the wedding of Stephanie and Test, out of nowhere Triple H comes out airing a hilarious video of himself and Stephanie getting married.

7. Vince McMahon's limousine explodes
Personally I thought the angle was brilliant! It was very controversial that got many people talking. The angle looked so real and literally there were people that bought it which gave me a good laugh. The angle went as far as making it to many news stations. It was so big that it had MANY people talking and knowing about it, not only wrestling fans. The next week also drew an impressive rating. Loved the angle or not, it was brilliant that did exactly what professional wrestling is about, and that is create controversy.

8. Steve Austin strikes back at Angle
With Austin being very pissed off that Kurt Angle defeated the Rattle Snake at SummerSlam, Stone Cold Steve Austin challenged Kurt Angle for the WWE title on RAW in a good lengthy match to re-capture the title.

**If I think of more I will post them later**

Some of the events listed above are really great, and I wish I could come up with specifics but well, there are just too many. I've watched RAW since the first day it aired (I did take a few years' hiatus from watching wrestling) and have seen a lot of really great moments.

Mad Metal's #5:The nWo making a huge return on RAW the day after No Way Out 2002, threw me out of my seat and I was so excited when it took place. However, I didn't like nWo in WWF, unfortunately. But that one moment did a lot for me.

Other moments would have to be those with Diesel, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, and the Diesel/Shawn Michaels/Sid storylines.

Seeing some of the past Attitude stars such as Al Snow and Steve Blackman. Great to see a few guys back from a time when the WWF/E had an entertaining TV programme on Monday nights.

Seeing Pete Gas in the Battle Royal.

IRS getting the win, and having Ted pay him off. IRS always was intense and a great talent.

Seeing a return of Foley as Mankind. What WWE should have done though is be more creative and made him say something to Vince. Everybody's rememberable finsher, Mr. Socko makes his returns aswell.

Seeing the old clips from the Attitude Era.

Yeah overall, not a bad a show at all, entertaining seeing some of the past stars from a better time.

Honestly one of my favorite moments in RAW history was when DX invaded Nitro with the cannon. The Rock vs Austin feud was a classic, from when they threw eachother off of bridges and ran over each other with monster trucks and cars. Also there were a lot of classic promos, like the Nation of Constipation with Jason Sensation was to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back