• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the Rep Game

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Part of me feels like this had been done before but I'm going to start it up again.

I understand that each poster can give out a limited amount of green or red rep based on how much is given per day as well as how many points each rep is worth. But these points are based on how much rep you've personally received and I don't believe it says anything about it's REAL worth.

I created a thread the other day, bragging about how I was recently the recipient of some Slyfox green rep. Although it might have come across as a bit egotistical, my reason for it was the fact that I personally feel that rep from our fearless admin is a rarity or a "holy grail" of rep, if you will. (Some of you may agree and some of you may disagree.)

On the other hand, (according to rumor and not based on any facts that I know of), I've heard that green rep from Dagger is almost a daily occurrence for many of our posters. So, in my eyes, if it's given out that easily, it's really not worth much.

Hence, the game I propose in this thread...

Who's green rep means the most to you?

Based on your personal opinions, list your Top 10 "Holy Grails" of Green Reps. Let #1 be the most rare rep that you wouldn't mind receiving. Feel free to list reasons why, if you want, just to make it more interesting.

My list is as follows:
1. Norcal (I think that in the three-plus years I've been on this forum, he's green repped me once. That douche.)
2. Slyfox696
3. Klunderbunker
4. Xfearbefore
5. Gelgarin
6. Shocky
7. Sam
8. Tastycles
9. jmt225
10. Coco
(We disagree on so much that when he green reps me, my insides smile.)

1. Norcal (He has green repped me more than once, and even twice. I remember getting from him in the early days of my arrival and one fairly recently. A hat-trick will do me.)
2. Tdigle (Has green repped me once before, wouldn't mind some more in the future.)
3. Klunderbunker (A weird one. I've seen him say I've made him laugh, hes quoted my posts and agreed with my statements, yet I've only ever been greened once by KB.)
4. Tastycles (Has green repped me before also.)
5. jmt225 (Has never green repped me, it makes sense though because usually he can be seen in the MMA section and I'm only a casual MMA fan myself and I'm not all that knowledgeable on the sport either.)
6. Gelgarin (Got rep in the early days, none recently or in the past few months in the run up to the election.)
7. Uncle Sam (Gave me rep at the start, haven't gotten any since around election time. Usually leaves me a funny comment in the rep too.)
8. JGlass (Hasn't gave me rep in a shit-long-ass-time.)
9. Lee (Don't remember ever getting green off Lee, wouldn't mind some if a post of mine interests him.)
10. xfear (Gave me a good bit of rep in the beginning but seeing as I haven't been all that active I've not really communicated with fear on anything.)

1. Slyfox( never got any rep from him)
2. Norcal( never got any rep from him)
3. KB( Have gotten a few, but always good to get em)
4. Brain( never)
5. Tastycles( two or three possibly. was very happy to get a rep from him for one of my threads)
6. XFear( one or two reps from this guy. some mild praise in a few other places which did not quite translate to rep)
7. Lee( haven't got any in a while. got quite a few a while back)
8. jmt225( first staff member to rep me. three so far from him probably)
9. Gelgarin( Haven't gotten any rep from him so far. Looks unlikely, but maybe it will happen one day)
10. Sam( The secret is badmouthing Jericho. Got quite a few for him for our mutual dislike of Jericho)

1) D-Man
2) D-Man
3) D-Man
4) D-Man
5) D-Man
6) D-Hombre
7) D-Man
8) D-Woman's male counterpart
9) D-Man
10) It's Damn Real!

1. Slyfox (I think he only repped me for the sticky thread I have in the graphics forum)
2. KB (I think most of my KB reps have been through helping him with things in wrestling tournament LDs)
3. XFear (When I became a regular X repped me for the sigs I produced and what not. However I don't think he has repped me in a year or two)
4. Jake (I think Jake was one of the first people to ever rep me and I don't think I got one since)
5. Sam (I haven't been repped by Sam in along while. I only recall one time and even I don't remember for what)
6. D-Man (That's right, you. I can't recall a single rep from you other than a red one awhile back. I don't think I've received any after that)
7. jmt (He repped me for a sports post when I started posting non-spam regularly and it was pretty awesome. Don't think I've seen one since)
8. Norcal (Lower on my list than most, but I've had my fair share of rep from Norcs. Still though it brings a smile when the big guy reps me)
9. Brain (I remember Brain repping one of my wrestling posts once and I knew it had to be a good one to get rep from him)
10. IC (I got my fair share of rep from IC when he was an admin for sports stuff and what not. Most of my rep from him came from sports, which is odd as our favorite teams in like each sport are rivals)

1. Slyfox (This one was the HARD one to get. I'd never had one, then I got two in about two days.)
2. xfear (I've had rep from X before, but it always seems like you get it for something that's really worth it.)
3. NorCal (NorCal reps me every so often, but it's always a cool thing to see.)
4. KB (One of the more rare reps on this list, it's always nice.)
5. JMT (Whenever I've received reps from JMT, it's been very kind and complimentary. Feels like you actually "earned" it.)
6. Tasty (It usually comes for a wrestling post -- one that stands out is a post I made about Lanny FREAKING Poffo.)
7. Sam (Fucking hilarious reps.)
8. Coco (Again, fucking hilarious in rep.)
9. Gelgarin (Been a long while, but I remember one or two, I think. Smart guy.)
10. Shocky (I've gotten a few, those are nice.)

1. KB- He's a dick and he almost never gives it out.
2. Sly- Because he's the best poster here.
3. Norcal- Only reps me for funny stuff but I never feel more validated than when he reps me.
4. Gelgarin- Because he has never given me any green and unless I somehow become a scholar overnight, he never will.
5. Coco- Because I like Coco.

The rest are interchangeable numbers.

1. Jmt ( He holds a special place in my heart for being one of the higher ups to rep me first)
2. Xfear (I got rep from him for Suicidal Tendencies, never again :()
3. Sidious (Would fuck with my head getting rep from him)
4. Ferbian (Great guy, fickle with green that perv)
5. D-Man (I only got infractions till I became his brown slave recently)
6. Norman & Coco (If they rep you with a 'lol', you know you just did a Heenan)
7. Uncle Sam (If he reps with you a 'lol', log out and retire)
8. DirtyJose (Great bud to chat, chico needs to spread the green gringo)
9. Rattlesnake (He sends the best pictures)
10. KB (A cointoss, you gave me rep on a cointoss. How do you sleep at night...)

Don't think I have ever received rep from Sly, maybe once from KB and once from NorCal.

To be honest I can't even remember if D-Man has ever repped me. I think Sam has done once, and Coco once.

I must suck.

1. Sly - never gotten rep from him. Then he says it's pretty easy to get rep from him so that makes me feel like I suck.
2. KB - of course. Twice for that try you luck thread, both green. I'd rather get repped for posting something quality but it was still awesome.
3. Coco - I've more or less given up on it. Shit, the amount of rep points you've cost me in my tenure here. And I'll probably get another for this post. As much as I hate to say it, because you red me so much, green would be hitting the jackpot for me. And I know you love that. I know you love tormenting me with that. It’s ok though. Like I said, I've pretty much given up on it.
4 xfear - don't see myself ever getting rep from him. I'm not around him nearly enough to get some rep from him.
5. tdigs- A couple times for posting in the movie sections a while back.
6. Brain - I remember he said he owed me rep because he had to spread some around when he gave me rep like two weeks before that. From that, I understand he rarely reps people so it's an honor.
7. Monkey Mania/Celtic Monkey/whatever name he's going by now - I don't think he remembers this but when I first arrived here, he red repped me alot. Now, he greens me telling me how great of a poster I am and even a few months back, telling me my name would look great in bold - that made me smile.
8. Sam - You should be higher on the list but I'm too lazy to fix it. You've repped me once which is more than enough for me. It was a CM Punk thread at the start of the year. I initially thought you only repped the funny ones around here.
9. SNS - Once because I said something along the lines of "Screamin' Norman Smiley...in my pants" - as stupid as it sounds it was great. I'm not really much of a funny poster and getting SNS rep was an honor.
10. D-Man and Norcal- You two are together because I've never received any rep between you two which is a little odd because I often agree with both of you whenever you post in the WWE sections.

This thread is opening my eyes. I didn't realize how stingy I am about giving out rep. But that's good because I want my rep to be special.

Out of all the oldies, I've received the most green rep from probably Jake.

I don't really remember ever getting some from Shocky so I choose him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back