Rasha's Official Impact Wrestling Running Diaries

Sorry for having to take last week off, but between the NFL Draft and NBA Playoffs I was a busy boy. I did watch iMPACT! last week and it was fine; no glaring bad spots or overly impressive moments. Let's hope this week gives us something to talk about!

9:01 - TNA's security team looks a little thin. Are there any other former European Champions they could add? Get Perry Saturn on the phone!

9:03 - "He... no SHE will deal with you then, Hulk." Total swerve job to make us think it's Dixie. It won't be.

9:05 - Love hearing Roode take charge on the mic. Hope that's a sign of the overdue push we've all be calling for.

9:07 - "All you've done is rape and steal from this company. Rape and steal from these fans!" BOBBY F'N ROODE, ladies and gentlemen! This is awesome!

9:08 - Using Lethal's firing in the promo was great. Cranked the intensity up a notch and drew the crowd in as well.

9:10 - So Velvet's feuding with Karen AND Angelina now? Shouldn't she learn to wrestle first?

9:12 - Did "killer mermaids" get as big a laugh in the Pirates of the Caribbean production meetings as it just did in my living room?

9:15 - Matt's calling in someone special to deal with Beer Money. Maybe Dixie will be his partner and Jeff will show up as the guy helping the Network! RUSSO SWERVE!

9:18 - The Amazing Bloody makes his debut against Suicide III.

9:20 - Would it have killed them to use the word "X-Division" once during that match?

9:26 - As someone who enjoyed a 1/2 price margarita tonight, I can't hate on this Cinco de Mayo segment. VIVA LA ENCHILADA!!

9:28 - Anarchia still sounds like an Italian doing a bad accent. Sorry homes!

9:29 - Booking Tip for the Night; get a heel stable over before you spend several minutes on a segment like this. Time's a wastin!

9:30 - Bonus Booking Tip; attacks on people nobody cares about don't generate heat.

9:32 - Shannon Moore may not respect things like rules, sportsmanship, and wrestling legends, but he loves our country. Everybody cheer now! He's a face again! YIPPEE!!

9:37 - Since I wasn't here last week, I want to take a moment to give Daniels huge props for putting Gunner over last week. Made him look like a legit beast.

9:40 - While the win last week and the exposure in this match is great for Gunner, it's all meaningless if you don't let the guy cut a promo soon. He's always going to look like a meaningless Immortal lackey if you don't get him on the mic to establish his personality beyond "super intense musclehead." It also further bastardizes the Television Title.

9:43 - I think Dreamer was just pissed off that we all included him on our "Who Should TNA Release?" lists recently. Don't take it out on AJ! JERK!

9:49 - Too bad Dreamer's not a former European Champion, huh? Job security for life!

9:51 - Winter's crossed "eons of time" to find Angelina? Did she not see all of the strip clubs on the way?

9:58 - This Karen segment sucked enough last week. Did we really need a continuation?

9:59 - Never noticed it before, but Jeff Jarrett looks a lot like chef Gordon Ramsay.

10:03 - LOL @ Jeff pointing to his watch and leaving the ring. Classic heel stuff there right out of the Bobby Heenan playbook.

10:05 - If Gordan Ramsay was serving Jeff's ass on a silver platter, how would he garnish it?

10:06 - I've had too much tequila tonight.

10:07 - We're all losers in a Rob Terry/Murphy match. Does that mean we have to leave town, too?

10:13 - Did they just give Murphy some old Chris Jericho "Lionheart" pants that Bischoff had in storage?

10:16 - I hope those Jericho pants are worth something on EBay. See ya, Murphy!

10:22 - "If you're gonna stay out of my way, you stay out of my DAMN way!" Sounds like Crimson's going to be the next Batista.

10:24 - So wait... Velvet's feuding with two different people, and meanwhile Mickie James is defending the belt against Miss Tessmacher?

10:26 - This is brutal. You can hear the spots being called during awkward pauses. Yikes.

10:33 - Wouldn't it make way more sense to have Mickie involved with the Winter/Beautiful People story? You could have Winter going after Mickie for the title and using Angelina as a shield/soldier, then Mickie turning to Velvet and the two of them working together. Tara doesn't need Mickie to fight for her freedom, but Velvet could sure use some help.

10:34 - Amazing Red is walking with the other X-Division guys backstage. I guess he's going to be Amazing Red AND Sangriento? Why?

10:39 - I'll admit it; I chuckled at Bischoff's "grow a foot-and-a-half" line.

10:54 - We've jumped ahead thanks to some long entrances and some more Zombielina Love antics. I'm getting sleepy, TNA.

10:55 - So Angelina can absorb all kinds of punishment, but one missed elbow-drop sends her rolling to the floor? Sometimes I hate wrestling.

10:58 - At this point, I'm hoping Kurt's mistress is fitness guru Jillian Michaels. Once she's done beating Karen's ass, she can work with Samoa Joe on his weight loss goals.

11:00 - When I first saw the "You're Next" car and heard the Goldberg name-drop, I shook my head at the cheap hype. But once they showed it was a prank by the X-Division guys, I actually didn't mind as much.

Well, that's it for another iMPACT! and another diary. Can't say I loved this episode much. Roode's promo was epic, but it was otherwise a very weak night with no real progression in stories of actual interest. Way too much of the Knockouts!

lol ya dude its crazy tht right when impact is over im waiting for your running diary to be posted lol.

jus wanted to say i was on the same page witht he goldberg plug at the end, i was like there gonna do it tht cheaply? jus "o what the hell, the network is goldberg" but to see kendrick n the guys fuckin with hogan cracked me up, loved it lol

Good job as usual on the diary Rasha!

The show wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either, some of the usual suspects were missing Anderson, Morgan, Stiener, and Pope, but I guess it served a perpose and gave some others tv time. I thought the stuff with the x division guys and Bishoff/HH was interesting.

Miss Tessmacher is fucking hot but she need alot more work or she is gonna get hurt she's still really green, especialy when you can here them calling out the spots, Mickie had to really help her through that match and it was obvious.

Good job as usual on the diary Rasha!

The show wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either, some of the usual suspects were missing Anderson, Morgan, Stiener, and Pope, but I guess it served a perpose and gave some others tv time. I thought the stuff with the x division guys and Bishoff/HH was interesting.

Miss Tessmacher is fucking hot but she need alot more work or she is gonna get hurt she's still really green, especialy when you can here them calling out the spots, Mickie had to really help her through that match and it was obvious.

I was watching that match off and on but didn't notice MJ calling the spots. But it's a bad sign when that is happening. Either pipe in crowd noise, or get Tessmacher up to speed. But it just shows the difference between a skilled veteran in MJ, versus a green rookie like Tessmacher and shows how weak this division of their show truly is. They went thru the brutal series of matches with MJ and Tara, and now MJ is fighting FOR the freedom of Tara? Huh? Does that make ANY sense to anyone? Oh wait, I guess we were all supposed to forget how much Tara and MJ allegedly hate each other. Sorry.
No Pope? What happened to his fued with Joe? Is that over already? Geez, it was just getting good. Oh wait, Joe is fueding with Crimson now. And he's teaming with Abyss who is part of Immortal? Wait, I thought Joe hated Immortal. Now he's teaming with their enforcer? Again, what happened to The Pope v. Joe? Are they going to repackage Pope AGAIN? Let's see, when he arrived he was a heel, then turned face, then turned heel again. And now?

Angle was face, then heel as part of MEM, and now is a super face. JJ was a heel, then turned face when he 'retired' then was called out of retirement by MF, then stayed face fighting against HH and Bischoff, only to be revealed to be part OF Immortal, whom he was fighting against. Whew! Tough to keep up with all the switcheroos and swerves. Add to that Karen Angle was married to Kurt whom she loved and supported. Wait, she really hated and resented him, divorces him, then marries his arch enemy. Got it.

Sting is here, no he's at home. He's retired. No wait, he's been called out of retirement. Okay, he's retired again. He's going to WWE. No wait, he was never contacted by WWE. Yes, he was. He didn't go cause he doesn't like how WWE is run. On the other hand, he likes the storyline of Kurt Angle stalking his son, and then watching Kurt have his personal life used as a storyline with JJ. THAT he's okay with. WWE PG era, not so much. Oh, add to that the "let the pigeons loose" is okay with Sting. Him being a stand up guy and all. LoL. Okay. Sting was a face when he came to TNA, then he went semi, sorta, kinda heel with MEM. Then he muscles out Kurt Angle as leader of MEM, but he's still kinda face?! Then he kinda, sorta, maybe turns face with Big Sexy and quits? Huh? Is he retired? No, yes? Who knows. Oh wait, he's back. Only we thought it was The Undertaker given the whole vignette and all. Whoops, it was TNA copying WWE. Never saw THAT one coming. Oh wait....Monday Night Wars. Forgot about that one. Okay, so he's back as "The Champ is...." oops sorry. Superhero Sting is back!!! Yeah, WWE stinks for doing Cena like that. TNA rocks!!! LOL Wait, now the Champ gets to handpick his opponent? What happened to The Top Ten TNA was allegedly doing? Didn't Angle lose and was supposed to retire? I mean, he did NOT win the title and "he promised." LoL Oh wait...we're supposed to forget about that one. LoL So okay. Sting is going to wrestle RV (yawn)D. "The Whole boring show!" Sorry marks. I don't care for a JCVD rip off. Never have. Is he talented? Yes. As a mid-card guy doing is gimmick against other mid-carders. Hogan, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, was RIGHT! It's all he'll ever be. RVD will NEVER, and I mean EEEVVEEEERRR (sorry Jericho) sell out arenas the way Hogan did.

Let's talk about RR and his alleged push. Great in ring worker. Lots of charisma in the ring and now appears to be getting there on the mic as well. Oh wait...let's bush Bubba Ray for the title. WHAT????!!!!!! Bubba Ray Dudley? He of the overalls, black framed glasses and stutter? THAT Bubba Ray Dudley? Where's Spike when you need him? LoL Roode deserves a push but I also think he and Storm deserve the spotlight as Tag Champs. They need another great series of matches a la MCMG. Is Matt Hardy and his mystery (hehe; spoiler) the ones to do it? Doubtful. Matt Hardy is a nutcase, much like his drug-addicated brother. Who by the way shouldn't be anywhere near a TNA camera or microphone until he is well. Matt is another mid-carder as a singles wrestler, doesn't get the pop that a true superstar gets, and likely never will. Need to get "The Gold Standard" of tag team wrestling, Haas and Benjamin in TNA and ASAP. Oh wait....Haas doesn't care for how TNA is treating their tag team division. So much for THAT idea. Well, there's always WWE for Haa.....oh wait, he HATES WWE. Oh well.

AJ, AJ, AJ. So he's fueding with Bubba now? What happened to his fued with Immortal as a group? How about taking out the whole faction? If TNA wants to sell him as their superface of the company, then he needs to be booked as that against Immortal. A la Sting v. NWO back in the day. Fighting off the entire stable at times, then gaining the respect of the 'boys in the back' as they start a true blood fued. They got close to this back when the factions were fueding out in the parking lot about a year ago now? Then, in true TNA fashion, couldn't handle the success and abandoned it immediately.

AJ, I believe, is a very talented hand who is ready to handle being 'the man.' But booking him the way they are right now, I believe, doesn't serve the greater good of getting him elevated to the status I spoke about earlier. Where do they go with this fued? What is the end result and how does it play out in favor of AJ? AJ has to win this thing in order to be elevated, otherwise he looks like the little boy unable to beat the bigger man in Bubba. If they write him as the little engine that could who never does, it does nothing to elevate AJ and only pushes him backwards in the grand scheme.

I didn't think it was an awful show this week. I often think Impact has to start really well to grab everyone. They did that this week.

Roode's promo was fantastic. I don't often get that goosebumps feeling during mic work these days, but that did it. It came off like a shoot which was great. The whole "raping this company" line was terrific. The only thing I felt was slightly confusing was that he broke kayfabe completely. He's the "Money" in Beer Money, so why would he have to work that hard to put food in his kid's mouths? Having said all that, breaking kayfabe in this case made it look like a shoot and that was a good thing on the whole.

I think it may have bettered AJ's promo after the Fortune face turn. Although it never had that seminal line that AJ's did. "I'll put my foot so far down your throat, you'll be pissing shoelaces!".

Anyway, on the whole it was a decent Impact. I'm pleased they weren't running with Goldberg hype at the end and that they established it was Kendrick (who I like) and his boys.

They went thru the brutal series of matches with MJ and Tara, and now MJ is fighting FOR the freedom of Tara? Huh? Does that make ANY sense to anyone? Oh wait, I guess we were all supposed to forget how much Tara and MJ allegedly hate each other. Sorry.

Ever heard of "mutual respect" ? It's entirely plausible that Mickie, while being Tara's rival, respect her as a competitor enough to make that a stipulation. Plus, it eliminates one of the Madison's biggest strengths in having Tara as a bodyguard/enforcer. Really not that complicated if you think about it.

No Pope? What happened to his fued with Joe? Is that over already? Geez, it was just getting good. Oh wait, Joe is fueding with Crimson now. And he's teaming with Abyss who is part of Immortal? Wait, I thought Joe hated Immortal. Now he's teaming with their enforcer? Again, what happened to The Pope v. Joe? Are they going to repackage Pope AGAIN? Let's see, when he arrived he was a heel, then turned face, then turned heel again. And now?

Dude, do you even mean the things you're saying or are you just grasping for complaints? Joe/Pope was an awful feud and had already continued beyond the point of value or interest. TNA made the right call both in killing that one and in booking Joe/Crimson. It's a good opportunity to gauge fan reaction for both guys. Does the crowd side with the TNA original in Joe or do they support the new blood?

Also, when did Joe ever "team with Abyss?" Abyss ran in on their match but Joe didn't work with him at all. They clearly addressed it during the Joe/Crimson segment last week and it was explained adequately. Again, stop trying so hard to complain. Your post could have been much shorter and much less rambling if you'd stuck to your good points.

What happened to The Top Ten TNA was allegedly doing? Didn't Angle lose and was supposed to retire? I mean, he did NOT win the title and "he promised." LoL Oh wait...we're supposed to forget about that one. LoL

The Top Ten was dropped a long time ago. They tried something, it didn't work, and they killed it. You might as well be complaining about Pacman Jones' tag title reign at this point. Old news.

They addressed Angle's retirement promise as well. He only showed up in non-wrestling capacities except for the "MMA exhibition" with Jarrett at Genesis. After that, he only showed up to try and stop Jeff and Karen from talking about their personal lives and again was not on the "active" roster. Shortly after, on a night where Bischoff and Hogan were away and left Flair in charge of Immortal and TNA, Flair got pissed off and reinstated Angle so that Immortal could beat him down in a handicap match.

So let me understand. MJ and Tara had what amounted to a blood feud, where each tried to destroy the other. But MJ respects Tara so much that she doesn't want to see her be the slave of another wrestler. Got it. Makes perfect sense. (rolls eyes)

So they dropped Pope from the storyline he had with Joe for Joe to run an angle with Crimson, who was feuding with Abyss/Immortal. Then Abyss goes after Crimson for retaliation for the 2 x 4 incident (which actually made perfect sense), only for the powers that be to say, "you know what? It would be really cool to shift to a Joe v. Crimson storyline (when there was ZERO history between them), unless it's going to be revealed that Crimson kidnapped Joe. Oops, forgot about that one didn't you? What did happen with that storyline anyway? Another one that "didn't work?"

The point is TNA keeps throwing spaghetti at the wall trying to see what sticks instead of just having the conviction of their beliefs in both the talent and their own creative, yet they keep knee-jerking to fans and the IWC and it shows.

So let me understand. MJ and Tara had what amounted to a blood feud, where each tried to destroy the other. But MJ respects Tara so much that she doesn't want to see her be the slave of another wrestler. Got it. Makes perfect sense. (rolls eyes).

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Ever heard that before? It's been a common theme in books, television, and movies forever.

And besides that, calling the Mickie/Tara feud a "blood feud" is a gross exaggeration. They had a few matches against each other but Madison was involved the entire time.

Is it really that far-fetched to think that Mickie, knowing how dangerous Madison and Tara are as allies, wouldn't jump at the chance to further drive a wedge between them and weaken two of her toughest competitors? She doesn't have to even like or respect Tara for that. It could just be smart strategy.

So they dropped Pope from the storyline he had with Joe for Joe to run an angle with Crimson, who was feuding with Abyss/Immortal.

Dropped? Pope and Joe have been feuding since January! They've fought at two or three different PPVs! Joe beat him at Lockdown in their blow-off match. The feud was started, ran its course, and ended with Joe getting the win. What the fuck are you complaining about it? Every other fan in the world was ready for that shit to be over.

Then Abyss goes after Crimson for retaliation for the 2 x 4 incident (which actually made perfect sense), only for the powers that be to say, "you know what? It would be really cool to shift to a Joe v. Crimson storyline (when there was ZERO history between them), unless it's going to be revealed that Crimson kidnapped Joe. Oops, forgot about that one didn't you? What did happen with that storyline anyway? Another one that "didn't work?"

Now I'll admit that dropping Abyss/Crimson wasn't good, but clearly they're focusing on Fortune vs. Immortal right now so Abyss is needed there. And with Sting, RVD, and Anderson also involved, there really isn't any room for Crimson. He'd just get lost in the shuffle, so the feud with Joe is a better way to get him some meaningful involvement.

And again, still bitching about old shit? First Angle's retirement promise, and now Joe's kidnapping. Got anything more current or will you keep going further into the past?

Need I remind you of when the WWE messed up the "someone ran over Austin" angle and then came back and tried to make it Rikishi? Remember how lame and stupid we all that was? Would you rather TNA came up with some lame and stupid explanation for Joe'd kidnapping or just pretend it never happened? I prefer the latter.

Even great TV dramas have characters and storylines that get dropped sometimes, and I guarantee you those writers are more talented than the ones working in pro wrestling.

The point is TNA keeps throwing spaghetti at the wall trying to see what sticks instead of just having the conviction of their beliefs in both the talent and their own creative, yet they keep knee-jerking to fans and the IWC and it shows

Blah blah blah... same old shit. TNA has been very consistent in its writing for a while now, and the only problem they've had was thanks to Jeff Hardy's personal problems. You throw that out the window and they've been on a roll.

The funny part is that if they did have "conviction" and stuck to stories and characters, you'd be just quick to shit on them for not having the balls to take risks or the insight to see something's not working. They realized they made a mistake lumping Fortune with Immortal and fixed it. If they hadn't, I'm sure there'd be way more people complaining about the Fortune guys being held back than those who whined about the face turn.

Actually I've pointed out numerous situations to you in which TNA has NOT been consistent with their storylines, and they are as current as the last several weeks. I've proven that fact. Look, I don't need to complain about them as they are NEVER, I repeat, NEVER going to be what WWE is today or has been for the last decade and more. They are, IN FACT, a small operation that is always going to be exactly what they are today.

I was watching that match off and on but didn't notice MJ calling the spots. But it's a bad sign when that is happening. Either pipe in crowd noise, or get Tessmacher up to speed. But it just shows the difference between a skilled veteran in MJ, versus a green rookie like Tessmacher and shows how weak this division of their show truly is.

Trish Stratus was dung once upon a time too, I like the fact they've tried a new face (and some other nice moving parts). I've seen worse Divas matches with more experienced females.

They went thru the brutal series of matches with MJ and Tara, and now MJ is fighting FOR the freedom of Tara? Huh? Does that make ANY sense to anyone? Oh wait, I guess we were all supposed to forget how much Tara and MJ allegedly hate each other. Sorry.
So let me understand. MJ and Tara had what amounted to a blood feud, where each tried to destroy the other. But MJ respects Tara so much that she doesn't want to see her be the slave of another wrestler. Got it. Makes perfect sense. (rolls eyes)

Tara was Madison's roadblock to prevent Mickie getting to the KO title. Mickie got past her and their feud was ended. Tara is now showing face tendencies, once your both on the same side of the face / heel divide - past history is forgotten. This has occurred in wrestling forever, plus divide and conquer is an old adage that's also been used in wrestling for eons.

No Pope? What happened to his fued with Joe? Is that over already? Geez, it was just getting good.Oh wait, Joe is fueding with Crimson now. And he's teaming with Abyss who is part of Immortal? Wait, I thought Joe hated Immortal. Now he's teaming with their enforcer?
So they dropped Pope from the storyline he had with Joe for Joe to run an angle with Crimson, who was feuding with Abyss/Immortal. Then Abyss goes after Crimson for retaliation for the 2 x 4 incident (which actually made perfect sense), only for the powers that be to say, "you know what? It would be really cool to shift to a Joe v. Crimson storyline (when there was ZERO history between them), unless it's going to be revealed that Crimson kidnapped Joe. Oops, forgot about that one didn't you? What did happen with that storyline anyway? Another one that "didn't work?"

It's been settled - Joe won. Maybe, the Pope's just been granted some time off while they establish a new storyline (fair dues to TNA if that is the case).

Erm, take it you missed iMPACT last week? Joe allowed Abyss to get revenge on Crimson, I agree, wanting revenge on someone who lodged a nail covered 2by4 in your back is quite logical. Joe's most famous persona is only interested in himself, so he walked on. No teaming occurred. Someone who has had issues with the same faction walking off and leaving you to be battered by a member of said faction is also something you'd take exception to, though. Plus, who says Abyss is out of the equation?

And the abduction? 15 months not enough to forgive and forget? Maybe, it was just an elaborate stag do with a unique way of stag collection and nothing to do with work:lmao:

Again, what happened to The Pope v. Joe? Are they going to repackage Pope AGAIN? Let's see, when he arrived he was a heel, then turned face, then turned heel again. And now?

Again, feuds end (just ask CM Punk). Pope may have jumped the heel / face divide a number of times but his character has never been repackaged - it's not that he's gone from the King of Harts to the Blue Blazer.

Angle was face, then heel as part of MEM, and now is a super face. JJ was a heel, then turned face when he 'retired' then was called out of retirement by MF, then stayed face fighting against HH and Bischoff, only to be revealed to be part OF Immortal, whom he was fighting against. Whew! Tough to keep up with all the switcheroos and swerves.

MEM? Really? Maybe you missed a couple of years, rather than just last week? Angle has been a face since October 2009. Hogan and Bischoff pushing Jarrett led to him joining up rather than being run over (remember he fought Sting and Nash when they were warning everyone about them). Better to be part of the establishment than fighting against it, something Jarrett has done from his WCW days.

Add to that Karen Angle was married to Kurt whom she loved and supported. Wait, she really hated and resented him, divorces him, then marries his arch enemy. Got it.

Your right, no other ex-wife in real life has ever claimed to have hated their former spouse. You do know that they were really married and really divorced and that she really did marry Jeff, yes? Furthermore, Jeff was removed from TNA programming in the early part of their relationship to appease Kurt.

Sting is here, no he's at home. He's retired. No wait, he's been called out of retirement. Okay, he's retired again. He's going to WWE. No wait, he was never contacted by WWE. Yes, he was. He didn't go cause he doesn't like how WWE is run. On the other hand, he likes the storyline of Kurt Angle stalking his son, and then watching Kurt have his personal life used as a storyline with JJ. THAT he's okay with. WWE PG era, not so much. Oh, add to that the "let the pigeons loose" is okay with Sting. Him being a stand up guy and all. LoL. Okay. Sting was a face when he came to TNA, then he went semi, sorta, kinda heel with MEM. Then he muscles out Kurt Angle as leader of MEM, but he's still kinda face?! Then he kinda, sorta, maybe turns face with Big Sexy and quits? Huh? Is he retired? No, yes? Who knows. Oh wait, he's back. Only we thought it was The Undertaker given the whole vignette and all. Whoops, it was TNA copying WWE. Never saw THAT one coming. Oh wait....Monday Night Wars. Forgot about that one. Okay, so he's back as "The Champ is...." oops sorry. Superhero Sting is back!!! Yeah, WWE stinks for doing Cena like that. TNA rocks!!!

Sting quotes from 10 years ago? Just because Sting didn't do a Kevin Nash or Booker T and run to WWe, just to slag off the company who paid their bills when Global Sports Entertainment didn't want them?

Vignettes? How about the Einstein WWe guys who did the Taker vignettes that got everyone who knew anything about wrestling thinking that Sting might be coming in the first place?

Sting "kinda, sorta, maybe turns face"? How you figure? The MEM was about respect and he was proven right about Double H and Easy E, at no stage did he turn heel - he stood up for his beliefs and showed his frustration at those who were either disrespectful (MEM) or too dumb (HH&EB) to see what was happening.

What 'Superhero' Cena did he do? Did I miss the part were he was DDT'd on concrete only to beat two guys less than two minutes later?

LOL Wait, now the Champ gets to handpick his opponent? What happened to The Top Ten TNA was allegedly doing?

The Top 10 was discontinued by Immortal because it didn't serve their ends.

Didn't Angle lose and was supposed to retire? I mean, he did NOT win the title and "he promised." LoL Oh wait...we're supposed to forget about that one. LoL

You really don't watch, do you? Otherwise you'd remember Jarrett addressing this.

So okay. Sting is going to wrestle RV (yawn)D. "The Whole boring show!" Sorry marks. I don't care for a JCVD rip off. Never have. Is he talented? Yes. As a mid-card guy doing is gimmick against other mid-carders. Hogan, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, was RIGHT! It's all he'll ever be. RVD will NEVER, and I mean EEEVVEEEERRR (sorry Jericho) sell out arenas the way Hogan did.

You don't like RVD? That would be your prerogative. But even mid-carders get pushes (you've heard of Christian, right?).

Let's talk about RR and his alleged push. Great in ring worker. Lots of charisma in the ring and now appears to be getting there on the mic as well. Oh wait...let's bush Bubba Ray for the title. WHAT????!!!!!! Bubba Ray Dudley? He of the overalls, black framed glasses and stutter? THAT Bubba Ray Dudley? Where's Spike when you need him? LoL Roode deserves a push but I also think he and Storm deserve the spotlight as Tag Champs. They need another great series of matches a la MCMG. Is Matt Hardy and his mystery (hehe; spoiler) the ones to do it? Doubtful. Matt Hardy is a nutcase, much like his drug-addicated brother. Who by the way shouldn't be anywhere near a TNA camera or microphone until he is well. Matt is another mid-carder as a singles wrestler, doesn't get the pop that a true superstar gets, and likely never will.

Who said Double R was being pushed for the world belt? He vocally attacks Hogan, so he's after Sting?

'Kane? He of the bad yellow teeth, Diesel clothes and inability to speak? That Kane? Where's fake Razor when you need him?' The four man was to set up a feud with AJ, not Sting.

Maybe I'm wrong but as a general rule are tag team guys not mid carders? Surely that (and history) makes Matt a worthy tag member to face BM?

Need to get "The Gold Standard" of tag team wrestling, Haas and Benjamin in TNA and ASAP. Oh wait....Haas doesn't care for how TNA is treating their tag team division. So much for THAT idea. Well, there's always WWE for Haa.....oh wait, he HATES WWE. Oh well.

What has this got to do with anything? Just felt like burying Charlie Haas then?

AJ, AJ, AJ. So he's fueding with Bubba now? What happened to his fued with Immortal as a group? How about taking out the whole faction? If TNA wants to sell him as their superface of the company, then he needs to be booked as that against Immortal. A la Sting v. NWO back in the day. Fighting off the entire stable at times, then gaining the respect of the 'boys in the back' as they start a true blood fued. They got close to this back when the factions were fueding out in the parking lot about a year ago now? Then, in true TNA fashion, couldn't handle the success and abandoned it immediately.

Hold on, your looking to repeat WCW history - you do remember how they turned out, don't you? AJ is part of a faction (Fortune, for reference) that is battling with Bully Ray's faction - a tradition of faction wars, is solo match ups, DX's Triple H versus the Nation of Domination's Rock for example. Besides there is a 'Sting' in the equation, you might have heard of him - he's called Sting.

AJ, I believe, is a very talented hand who is ready to handle being 'the man.' But booking him the way they are right now, I believe, doesn't serve the greater good of getting him elevated to the status I spoke about earlier. Where do they go with this fued? What is the end result and how does it play out in favor of AJ? AJ has to win this thing in order to be elevated, otherwise he looks like the little boy unable to beat the bigger man in Bubba. If they write him as the little engine that could who never does, it does nothing to elevate AJ and only pushes him backwards in the grand scheme.

Do you know something the rest of the class doesn't, Brian? Is AJ going to lose the feud with Bully Ray?

This has to be one of the most negative things, I've ever read and is what generally gives the IWC a bad name. If you really hate the product this much, perhaps you should avoid it... actually given some of the statements you've made, mayhaps you generally do:shrug:.

The point is TNA keeps throwing spaghetti at the wall trying to see what sticks instead of just having the conviction of their beliefs in both the talent and their own creative, yet they keep knee-jerking to fans and the IWC and it shows.

To an extent, true, but your examples here are not exactly highlighting any instances. And if they did pander to fans and the IWC, explain the depush of both the X and KO divisions? I have written at length on what I think TNA needs to do, but considering everything isn't rosy in the garden, a certain amount of spaghetti does need thrown.

Actually I've pointed out numerous situations to you in which TNA has NOT been consistent with their storylines, and they are as current as the last several weeks. I've proven that fact.

I find it humorous that after all your ranting you actually missed the two true storyline misfires (in fact, you never mentioned either storyline):

1) The growing rift between Ink Inc just being forgotten (however this could be explained as Patriotism over team differences); &

2) Gen Me now being friends again (again, could be explained as the general XDivision plight being more important than sibling rivalry).

Look, I don't need to complain about them as they are NEVER, I repeat, NEVER going to be what WWE is today or has been for the last decade and more. They are, IN FACT, a small operation that is always going to be exactly what they are today.

Not going to beat WWe? Given a RAW that was two and a half hours of Rock ego massage and a SmackDown that made RAW look far superior to their own show (Orton who couldn't overcome Sheamus or the Miz for the WWe/RAW Title defeats Christian for the World/SD Title at the first time of asking), I'd not boast about the Sports Entertainment quality.

Who, in fact, mentioned WWe? Did someone on this thread say something about passing them? Spike is happy with TNA and they have a good international following, making gains on WWe would be great but, as long as they continue turning a profit, it's far from the be all, end all. Us TNA fans might not be happy with all we see, but there is enough to keep us watching and we don't look to ancient history for continuity problems.

Point is TNA is not good product. If it were, it would be bigger, with better ratings than it garners. Period, end of story. The fact IS they have inconsistent storylines that end abruptly with little or no explanation, sometimes use silly and ill-advised storylines as they continue throwing that spaghetti at the wall, hoping against hope that something gets that big pop from the viewing audience, and they bring in older talent for the name recognition and not for what they can actually do in the ring. Now perhaps things will improve over time and in the short term, I've seen some improvements in overall quality.

But the Pope v. Joe issue was too short, the JJ, Angle issue is unnecessary. The Sting, RVD, Anderson storyline doesn't really work, and the Immortal v. Fourtune issue is withering on the vine now.

But the Pope v. Joe issue was too short,

You're the only person in the world who actually thinks that, dude. Find me another. I dare you.

the JJ, Angle issue is unnecessary.

I agree, but I have to ask what's so necessary about any other wrestling angle. What was necessary about your favorite Joe/Pope feud? You find Joe uncovering Pope's money-making schemes with secret videotapings more "necessary" than an angle based on the real-life drama between a real ex-wife/ex-husband and the woman's new husband? Which has a better shot at actually drawing in the crowd? I guarantee you people actually cared about how Angle would react to this stuff. Nobody (except you, apparently) gave a shit about the Joe/Pope feud.

The Sting, RVD, Anderson storyline doesn't really work,

Easy to say that without backing it up. Seems like it's worked pretty well to me. Got any legitimate reasons, other than your apparent bias against RVD?

and the Immortal v. Fourtune issue is withering on the vine now

Did you even hear Roode's promo this week? Did you watch AJ Styles and Bully Ray's segment two weeks ago? This is actually the first time anything with Immortal HAS worked, and it's thanks to Fortune's involvement.

I don't know what you're looking for Brian, but it seems like your complaints are the complete opposite of the rest of us. You shit on things when they finally improve and complain when the crap the rest of us hated finally goes away.

Maybe you're in the wrong dimension. We need to trade you for Bizarro Brian.

You're the only person in the world who actually thinks that, dude. Find me another. I dare you.

I agree, but I have to ask what's so necessary about any other wrestling angle. What was necessary about your favorite Joe/Pope feud? You find Joe uncovering Pope's money-making schemes with secret videotapings more "necessary" than an angle based on the real-life drama between a real ex-wife/ex-husband and the woman's new husband? Which has a better shot at actually drawing in the crowd? I guarantee you people actually cared about how Angle would react to this stuff. Nobody (except you, apparently) gave a shit about the Joe/Pope feud.

Easy to say that without backing it up. Seems like it's worked pretty well to me. Got any legitimate reasons, other than your apparent bias against RVD?

Did you even hear Roode's promo this week? Did you watch AJ Styles and Bully Ray's segment two weeks ago? This is actually the first time anything with Immortal HAS worked, and it's thanks to Fortune's involvement.

I don't know what you're looking for Brian, but it seems like your complaints are the complete opposite of the rest of us. You shit on things when they finally improve and complain when the crap the rest of us hated finally goes away.

Maybe you're in the wrong dimension. We need to trade you for Bizarro Brian.

On the RVD issue, it's true I'm not a fan of his character. I've always viewed it as a cheap rip-off of Jean Claude Van Dame so I've never really liked it. That said, he is very athletic and is impressive in the ring physically. However, I do not believe he's a good storyteller in the ring and I believe that's why his character is written as it is. For him, it's always about 'him' and not about the story itself. Pro wrestling is soap opera. It should tell a story.

On the Bully Ray v. AJ storyline. Factions weren't/aren't needed for this feud. This could have been done regardless of the faction angle. It's great without it. Ray is money on the mic, AJ is coming on the mic, and both tell a great physical story in the ring.

On the Bully Ray v. AJ storyline. Factions weren't/aren't needed for this feud. This could have been done regardless of the faction angle. It's great without it. Ray is money on the mic, AJ is coming on the mic, and both tell a great physical story in the ring.

AJ's a member of Fortune. Ray's a member of Immortal. Do you want them to leave the factions just so that they can feud? I don't understand what your complaint is here.

And really, the factions were a huge part of why this feud started. Does Bully Ray try to take AJ out if not for Fortune and Immortal's feud? Hell, does Ray even have a decent role in TNA if not for joining Immortal? Becoming Hardy's replacement as Immortal's top guy legitimized him in a way that wasn't going to happen if he kept feuding with the likes of Devon and Dreamer.

It's not like they're being members of those stables is hurting the feud in any way. If anything, it helps because the overall agendas of Fortune and Immortal can be woven into the personal war between the two guys. That's a freakin' bonus.

AJ's a member of Fortune. Ray's a member of Immortal. Do you want them to leave the factions just so that they can feud? I don't understand what your complaint is here.

And really, the factions were a huge part of why this feud started. Does Bully Ray try to take AJ out if not for Fortune and Immortal's feud? Hell, does Ray even have a decent role in TNA if not for joining Immortal? Becoming Hardy's replacement as Immortal's top guy legitimized him in a way that wasn't going to happen if he kept feuding with the likes of Devon and Dreamer.

It's not like they're being members of those stables is hurting the feud in any way. If anything, it helps because the overall agendas of Fortune and Immortal can be woven into the personal war between the two guys. That's a freakin' bonus.

No, I'm not saying the faction angle shouldn't be part of it. I'm saying they didn't really NEED that angle for this feud to take place. It could have been written differently if each were NOT members of factions. I agree the fact they are is a bonus from a writer's perspective as it gives them flexibility. But even if they don't use the faction angle at all from here on, I believe the feud will be good on its own.

Who is the Network rep? Who is Angle's mistress? Who is Hardy's mystery partner? Who shot Montgomery Burns? Questions abound in TNA right now and tonight should be pretty interesting! Let's get to it!

9:00 - We open on Hogan waiting for "The Network" rep with a lead pipe. Wise words from Bischoff, "there's a time and a place for the pipe." For Jeff Hardy, that time is right before a PPV Main Event.

9:04 - There are good ways to open shows, like the AJ Styles/Bully Ray segment a few weeks ago or last week's Robert Roode promo. This is not one of those ways, Jeff and Karen.

9:08 - I wonder how much money Jeff's worth. He lost a lot of his interest in TNA, but he still makes a ton from hosting "Hell's Kitchen."

9:14 - I love Madison's "Killer Queen" theme. One of the few good ones TNA has.

9:16 - You don't bring a club to a gun fight, Mickie. You also don't bring a valet to a tag team match.

9:17 - So we start tonight's show with an underwhelming war of words and follow that with a women's match? The Network's rep better be Paul Heyman to make up for this.

9:19 - Worst... finisher... ever.

9:21 - Flair's back! Missed ya, Natch!

9:22 - I don't care how old they are; that handshake between Hogan and Flair caused a small earthquake in Orlando.

9:29 - How many more times will TNA try to make me give a fuck about Tommy Dreamer? Enough!

9:30 - We're 1/4 of the way through the show and nothing's happened. :disappointed:

9:35 - Beer Money walking out with no wrestling gear on. Hardy's partner better be Brock Lesnar to make up for this.

9:38 - Finally, Roode earned Matt Hardy's approval. Time to retire, Bobby! You've reached the mountain top!

9:40 - My time IS being wasted, James Storm. Thanks for noticing!

9:43 - Looks like Chris Harris has been on the Matt Hardy physical fitness plan for a while. How about a salad, Wildcat?

9:44 - Okay, I guess Harris is kind of a cool reveal. Definitely nice for the true TNA fans. But with the PPV in just three days, this match has no real build or hype. Should have revealed Harris a week earlier and then used this week to get some real hate flowing between he and Storm.

9:50 - When a match did little to interest you the week before, there's nothing better than seeing it again! You do realize there's a PPV this weekend, right TNA?

9:54 - Bischoff has his "casual Friday" attire on. Not sure what that means. Or why I noticed. This is awkward now.

10:00 - Of course the Network's guy is Foley. It was the most predictable and least interesting option.

10:02 - Wrestling matters again in this company. I wonder if they booked that first hour to show us how it looks when wrestling does NOT matter.

10:03 - I love when Foley gets to that place where he always sounds like he's about to cry.

10:04 - So how the hell is Chyna able to use her WWE name? I thought that was Vince's property. Remember when Waltman was running after her yelling "CHINA DOLL!" on The Surreal Life, while Da Brat looked pissed off and was ready to stop any domestic abuse with a broken bottle? I'm just glad Uncle Joey from Full House was there to keep everyone calm.

10:05 - What the fuck am I talking about?

10:11 - Nobody gives a shit how much you spend on your clothes, Mick. I haven't cared the last hundred times you've mentioned it.

10:12 - Chyna is just one more surgery away from looking like a Planet of the Apes extra. It's good to have goals.

10:14 - The Sacrifice logo is such a blatant ripoff of the Batman logo that I can't believe I'm noticing it for the first time.

10:16 - It's a shame Crimson got stuck with this stupid name early on. It really makes no damn since now that he's lost any connection with Amazing Red.

10:17 - So Crimson would rather stare a hole in Samoa Joe than Abyss, the guy who actually freakin' assaulted him two weeks ago. Dumb.

10:19 - The worst thing about a "winning streak" story is that it makes every match very predictable. You knew Crimson would either get the pinfall or at least not get pinned here. Kills the excitement for me.

10:26 - Out comes Fortune for the Battle Royal. What's that belt Kazarian is wearing? It has a red "X" on it. Is that an actual title in TNA?

10:28 - Nice of them to let Robbie E participate in the battle royal. He's got my "first man eliminated bet.

10:30 - Now I found the Royal Wedding to be as lame and obnoxious as anyone, but did we really have to take it out on Magnus and Williams? That was uncalled for.

10:31 - Did Eric Young just do an Ultimate Warrior impression? Awesome.

10:32 - Robbie E, recently inspired by Animal Kingdom's shocking win in the Kentucky Derby, is still in this thing.

10:34 - Young is building quite a title belt collection. He oughta' steal the X-Division belt while he's at it. Nobody will notice.

10:42 - Eight men left: Angle, Anderson, Styles, Bully Ray, Pope, Jarrett, Dreamer, and Devon.

10:43 - Devon and Pope going at it hard in a "Neither of us has a storyline at the moment, so let's fight!" battle.

10:44 - So wait... Dreamer is attacking Jarrett in the corner but also doing the bidding of one of Jeff's Immortal allies? WTF?

10:45 - I know they already wrestled once tonight, but I'd have still had Joe, Crimson, and Abyss out here for the battle royal. Great environment for big men to shine.

10:51 - So Bully Ray has a guy in there willing to do his bidding, but eliminates him? Brilliant strategy.

10:53 - Not much to say about any of this. Pretty boring stuff.

10:55 - Stephanie just turned to Hunter and said, "You used to hit THAT, huh?"

10:59 - Thanks for revealing the winner of the Sting/RVD match, guys. I just saved forty dollars (not that I was actually going to spend it anyway... just sayin').

Wow... really crappy show overall. I get that it couldn't be a wrestling-filled night with most of the guys involed in a battle royal, but you knew Anderson was going to win that shit so it didn't make up for the snoozefest. The Foley reveal was way too predictable to justify all the hype.

If they didn't come right out and say there was a PPV this Sunday, I'd have never guessed it based on how this show was booked. Sloppy work, TNA.

Chyna can use the name, regardless of WWE originally giving it to her or trademarking it, because she went through the process to have it made her legal name. Technically speaking, now it's no different than Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley or any other professional wrestler who goes by his or her birth name.

While I did not see the show in its entirety, I've watched the last several episodes, and I thought the overall quality was greatly improved from the last time I watched. Though I do think some of the banter runs too long, WWE is just as guilty. I'm optimistic the new "wrestling matters" schtick further increases in-ring efforts rather than verbal back-and-forth.

All that aside, man, hilarious commentary. Enjoyed it!

Chyna can use the name, regardless of WWE originally giving it to her or trademarking it, because she went through the process to have it made her legal name. Technically speaking, now it's no different than Jeff Jarrett, Mick Foley or any other professional wrestler who goes by his or her birth name.

While I did not see the show in its entirety, I've watched the last several episodes, and I thought the overall quality was greatly improved from the last time I watched. Though I do think some of the banter runs too long, WWE is just as guilty. I'm optimistic the new "wrestling matters" schtick further increases in-ring efforts rather than verbal back-and-forth.

But for Xpac and Chyna's video didnt they have to go through some nonsense of relating the name Chyna to...the country Chyna to avoid a copyright infringement or something of that nature?

Unless her name change happened after that. But I was also wondering how she was allowed to use that name, I guess this is as good a explanation as any.

At least you got in the obligatory, "but the WWE does it..." rant.

LOL

Who is the Network rep? Who is Angle's mistress? Who is Hardy's mystery partner? Who shot Montgomery Burns? Questions abound in TNA right now and tonight should be pretty interesting! Let's get to it!

9:00 - We open on Hogan waiting for "The Network" rep with a lead pipe. Wise words from Bischoff, "there's a time and a place for the pipe." For Jeff Hardy, that time is right before a PPV Main Event.

9:04 - There are good ways to open shows, like the AJ Styles/Bully Ray segment a few weeks ago or last week's Robert Roode promo. This is not one of those ways, Jeff and Karen.

9:08 - I wonder how much money Jeff's worth. He lost a lot of his interest in TNA, but he still makes a ton from hosting "Hell's Kitchen."

9:14 - I love Madison's "Killer Queen" theme. One of the few good ones TNA has.

9:16 - You don't bring a club to a gun fight, Mickie. You also don't bring a valet to a tag team match.

9:17 - So we start tonight's show with an underwhelming war of words and follow that with a women's match? The Network's rep better be Paul Heyman to make up for this.

9:19 - Worst... finisher... ever.

9:21 - Flair's back! Missed ya, Natch!

9:22 - I don't care how old they are; that handshake between Hogan and Flair caused a small earthquake in Orlando.

9:29 - How many more times will TNA try to make me give a fuck about Tommy Dreamer? Enough!

9:30 - We're 1/4 of the way through the show and nothing's happened. :disappointed:

9:35 - Beer Money walking out with no wrestling gear on. Hardy's partner better be Brock Lesnar to make up for this.

9:38 - Finally, Roode earned Matt Hardy's approval. Time to retire, Bobby! You've reached the mountain top!

9:40 - My time IS being wasted, James Storm. Thanks for noticing!

9:43 - Looks like Chris Harris has been on the Matt Hardy physical fitness plan for a while. How about a salad, Wildcat?

9:44 - Okay, I guess Harris is kind of a cool reveal. Definitely nice for the true TNA fans. But with the PPV in just three days, this match has no real build or hype. Should have revealed Harris a week earlier and then used this week to get some real hate flowing between he and Storm.

9:50 - When a match did little to interest you the week before, there's nothing better than seeing it again! You do realize there's a PPV this weekend, right TNA?

9:54 - Bischoff has his "casual Friday" attire on. Not sure what that means. Or why I noticed. This is awkward now.

10:00 - Of course the Network's guy is Foley. It was the most predictable and least interesting option.

10:02 - Wrestling matters again in this company. I wonder if they booked that first hour to show us how it looks when wrestling does NOT matter.

10:03 - I love when Foley gets to that place where he always sounds like he's about to cry.

10:04 - So how the hell is Chyna able to use her WWE name? I thought that was Vince's property. Remember when Waltman was running after her yelling "CHINA DOLL!" on The Surreal Life, while Da Brat looked pissed off and was ready to stop any domestic abuse with a broken bottle? I'm just glad Uncle Joey from Full House was there to keep everyone calm.

10:05 - What the fuck am I talking about?

10:11 - Nobody gives a shit how much you spend on your clothes, Mick. I haven't cared the last hundred times you've mentioned it.

10:12 - Chyna is just one more surgery away from looking like a Planet of the Apes extra. It's good to have goals.

10:14 - The Sacrifice logo is such a blatant ripoff of the Batman logo that I can't believe I'm noticing it for the first time.

10:16 - It's a shame Crimson got stuck with this stupid name early on. It really makes no damn since now that he's lost any connection with Amazing Red.

10:17 - So Crimson would rather stare a hole in Samoa Joe than Abyss, the guy who actually freakin' assaulted him two weeks ago. Dumb.

10:19 - The worst thing about a "winning streak" story is that it makes every match very predictable. You knew Crimson would either get the pinfall or at least not get pinned here. Kills the excitement for me.

10:26 - Out comes Fortune for the Battle Royal. What's that belt Kazarian is wearing? It has a red "X" on it. Is that an actual title in TNA?

10:28 - Nice of them to let Robbie E participate in the battle royal. He's got my "first man eliminated bet.

10:30 - Now I found the Royal Wedding to be as lame and obnoxious as anyone, but did we really have to take it out on Magnus and Williams? That was uncalled for.

10:31 - Did Eric Young just do an Ultimate Warrior impression? Awesome.

10:32 - Robbie E, recently inspired by Animal Kingdom's shocking win in the Kentucky Derby, is still in this thing.

10:34 - Young is building quite a title belt collection. He oughta' steal the X-Division belt while he's at it. Nobody will notice.

10:42 - Eight men left: Angle, Anderson, Styles, Bully Ray, Pope, Jarrett, Dreamer, and Devon.

10:43 - Devon and Pope going at it hard in a "Neither of us has a storyline at the moment, so let's fight!" battle.

10:44 - So wait... Dreamer is attacking Jarrett in the corner but also doing the bidding of one of Jeff's Immortal allies? WTF?

10:45 - I know they already wrestled once tonight, but I'd have still had Joe, Crimson, and Abyss out here for the battle royal. Great environment for big men to shine.

10:51 - So Bully Ray has a guy in there willing to do his bidding, but eliminates him? Brilliant strategy.

10:53 - Not much to say about any of this. Pretty boring stuff.

10:55 - Stephanie just turned to Hunter and said, "You used to hit THAT, huh?"

10:59 - Thanks for revealing the winner of the Sting/RVD match, guys. I just saved forty dollars (not that I was actually going to spend it anyway... just sayin').

Wow... really crappy show overall. I get that it couldn't be a wrestling-filled night with most of the guys involed in a battle royal, but you knew Anderson was going to win that shit so it didn't make up for the snoozefest. The Foley reveal was way too predictable to justify all the hype.

If they didn't come right out and say there was a PPV this Sunday, I'd have never guessed it based on how this show was booked. Sloppy work, TNA.

Great commentary. Keep it coming. Very nice work sir.

im definitely going to get banned or get a warning for this, but who gives a fuck... seriously, dont do it for me, or anybody else, do it for yourself... get a fucking life

i mean wow...

Sorry you found it so offensive, bro.

I've been doing these for over a month now and have received nothing but praise and a lot of green rep along the way. I'm just typing the shit up while watching Impact anyway, so please don't worry about my "fucking life." I've got my priorities in good order. Appreciate your concern, though.

Thanks for reading!

It's official your diary is better than lastnights show hope you pull better ratings, as usual good commentary, good humor.

Impact wrestling, where wrestling matters. Where was the wrestling?
Chyna look really overjoyed to be there.(not)
Everyone knew Foley would be the network rep, no surprise there.
Predictable battle royal, what a fuckup by Bully Ray.
Horrible show this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back