Randy Savage one of wrestlings biggest wasted talents?

Here is a video which has appeared on Youtube in the last few days. A clip from Raw where Vince well and truly puts over Macho Man shortly after his departure from the company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36n1Gc92CzI

Maybe I am wrong though but the video gives off the impression that Savage walked out before the brake. The way Vince words it all makes you think Savage was sitting there before the commercial break then they come back to the show and Savage has gone. Either way it seems Vince and Randy parted on good terms in light of all the positive things Vince says about him there.

When I was a kid there were two wrestlers I knew and loved to watch 100% and that was Savage and Hogan. I put Savage on the same level as I do Hogan. And I'm saying this from the perspective I saw the two of them as a kid not as I do now where I know all the "politics" behind it all. Above all things the one image I think that is burned in wrestling fans and non wresting fans alike is well...I'll just say it: SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!

Because of that I ate probably more of that stuff than a person should but my point is Savage should be in the Hall of Fame.

OOooh I don't know if the Flair Savage match was even the best at WM8... Hart and Piper put on a pretty damn good display too!!
Not that im slating the Macho King never would.
The guy is a bona fide ledgend!

ooo yeaah the macho man was the biggest waste ever. he was edge of the 80s he had an excellent manager in this case im refering to lita he knew how to wrestle and how to hype a match up uing his storytelling ways to cut promos nd let us know through his in ring performances that he was carrying hogan when wwe used him as an annoucer i was furious they had useless talent in the ring who dont draw anything like the machoman no wonder why he left to go to wcw who actually wanted him to wrestle machoman should be in the hof no questions asked

In reality Ultimate Warrior was a more wasted talent than Randy Savage. Savage had multiple title reigns in both WWE and WCW, as well as, a far longer career. After all, Ultimate Warrior was the man that beat Hogan at Wrestlemania. After that it was like Warrior disappeared from the face of the earth. Resurfacing in WCW for what felt like a half hour long push and then once again disappearing from life. He was the bigger waste and its truly sad because of the great matches that could have been had he been in either or any organization. Had he stuck in WWE there could have been great matches or feuds between Warrior and guys like Razor Ramon, Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart. Had he jumped to WCW and stayed there he could have had feuds with Ric Flair, Sting, and Lex Lugar.

Warrior was not a wasted talent, he was a fuck up... everytime he was given the chance he'd either take off or hold up Vince for more money...WWE had a lot of big plans for Warrior, it was the Warrior who undid each and everyone... and the possibility of a Warrior-Luger match? wow... that would go down as the greatest match in history... right up there with any El Giantante match...the only time either of those guys had a good match was when there was a talented guy carrying them through the entire thing
Warrior was a waste of space more then a waste of talent...

Warrior was a waste of space he couldnt wrestle for shit he got puffed out of breath even before getting into the ring and had a crappy moveset.
He was popular and was wwf champion but it dosnt mean he was a good wrestler.

Savage was okay in ring had a few decent moves had good mic skills had that wwf title reign but could have done more, it mustve been him who fucked up everything coz there is no reason Vince wouldnt push Savage more he was popular and had good mic skills.

I Think Macho Man Was A Great Wrestler Should Have Been Used Better Espically In Wcw. He Was A Big Draw Even When He Was In The Nwo He Just Wasted Away In That 2 Year Run With The Nwo He Had Only Got The Belt 1 Tim For Like A Month And Then To Give It Back To Who Else But Hogan. The Should Have Put That Strap On Him More Often We Would Have Had Some Good Runs.

Without a doubt Savage lost several great years between 1994 and 1999. He wasn't used properly in WCW at all, just like a bunch of other people. Definitely one of the most talented wrestlers in history. His match at WM5 with Hogan is one of the best all time.

I don't think Savage was a wasted talent. He had his momments (E.g. Wrestlemania 4 winning the big tournament, feuding with Flair in 92, being a longtime commentator in the WWF and even his WCW run had it's classic momments). I don't see how much more he could have been used in WCW. He came in at Starcade, had his title matches with Flair. He was invovled in the nWo in a major way and I think he helped DDP's career a lot (E.g. with his feud against DDP which invovled Kimberly feuding with Liz).

I think his last run in WCW was horrible though. That whole thing with Sid Vicious I didn't understand.

Savage was a great heel around wm5, he was def wasted in wcw. I never liked him as a babyface, but as a heel he was great! I would of liked to have seen him have a good run with the WWF title, i always prefer heel champs and he was the total package, could put on a great show!

Maybe he just wanted to take time off to rest his broken down body. Maybe he was burning out and knew he had to take a rest or risk his future well being. Maybe he was trying to salvage a marriage that was falling apart offscreen. This man gave everything to this "sport" for over ten straight years and when he took some time off you people bash him for it some fifteen years later calling him a wasted talent and coming up with ridiculous rumours. Maybe he should of burnt himself out overdosed on drugs,or have a heart attack or simply just kill himself. I enjoyed watching Randy Savage and looking back at it now I say he wasn't wasted in his last years of the wwf he got a well deserved break that may have just saved his life and prolonged his career long enough to be a player in WCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back