• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton vs The Rock

Wrestlezones Top Heel
Okay so despite their tag match which isn't a singles match the Rock and Randy Orton never had a match against one another this has alway's been my dream match and I think this could be one of the greatest matches/feuds of all-time if executed right this was rumored to take place at WM29 weeks after WM28 but I really didn't see a reason for the story to start besides of the Rock opening a big fat can of whoop ass on Randy in their 2004 promo where Randy was world champion and we thought it was going somewhere but we were apparently wrong so what if The Rock came back after Vince turns face and want his control back and joined the story and HHH called him out for Mania to fight for the control and McMahon said I figured you may say that so that's why I got "If ya smell..." the Rock comes out stands on the ramp looks at HHH goes to walk down but out of nowhere Randy comes out hit the RKO on Rock to a huge pop and then HHH say's no I won't be facing Rock Randy will if Randy wins I get control over WWE If Rock win you do this match will be Falls Count Anywhere (which will definitely make it insteresting) Randy wins after Someone (Maybe even Cena or Lesnar attacks the Rock ) get's the biggest win of his career then the next night the Rock calls out his attacker only to be hit with a finisher from behind by the attacker could it work.....

Okay so despite their tag match which isn't a singles match the Rock and Randy Orton never had a match against one another this has alway's been my dream match and I think this could be one of the greatest matches/feuds of all-time if executed right this was rumored to take place at WM29 weeks after WM28 but I really didn't see a reason for the story to start besides of the Rock opening a big fat can of whoop ass on Randy in their 2004 promo where Randy was world champion and we thought it was going somewhere but we were apparently wrong so what if The Rock came back after Vince turns face and want his control back and joined the story and HHH called him out for Mania to fight for the control and McMahon said I figured you may say that so that's why I got "If ya smell..." the Rock comes out stands on the ramp looks at HHH goes to walk down but out of nowhere Randy comes out hit the RKO on Rock to a huge pop and then HHH say's no I won't be facing Rock Randy will if Randy wins I get control over WWE If Rock win you do this match will be Falls Count Anywhere (which will definitely make it insteresting) Randy wins after Someone (Maybe even Cena or Lesnar attacks the Rock ) get's the biggest win of his career then the next night the Rock calls out his attacker only to be hit with a finisher from behind by the attacker could it work.....

Holy shit dude. Next time please place a period somewhere in the middle of all this.

I'm going to just assume you're asking a legitimate question and not spamming the Main Forum with Fantasy Booking, which has it's own place just not here. If your question is "Should Randy Orton face The Rock" my answer to you is no. The Rock doesn't need to face every single main event star on the WWE roster. It's not necessary. Randy Orton should try to be an exceptional wrestler on his own without the need to suck the star power from The Rock.

And besides, if The Rock is to get back in the ring, reports say that won't happen in another year or two. By then who knows if Randy Orton should face him or not.

Personally, I don't see much money in Rock vs. Orton. I've little doubt that they could have a good match together but, at the end of the day, the WWE has used The Rock to go up against guys who are THE top draws in the company. I'm not saying that Orton doesn't draw or hasn't been a draw for WWE, it'd be ludicrous to do so. Maybe it's just me, but the notion of Rock vs. Orton just doesn't sound all that exciting.

IF, IF, IF The Rock was to come back as a wrestler for WrestleMania XXX, the best way for The Rock to be used, in my opinion, is against someone who is wildly popular or to elevate someone else on the roster. There was talk of The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar at WM XXX for a while but if rumors are correct, it's going to be Taker vs. Lesnar at the big show. Speaking of Taker, one scenario that some have talked about is Taker vs. Rock but it doesn't sound all that appealing to me. Maybe it's because we saw them go at it so many times during the Attitude Era that the notion of a couple of Attitude Era megastar just doesn't get me going.

Personally, I think WWE could build a legit money match between The Rock & Daniel Bryan if they kept Bryan as a babyface. The Rock did deliver a Rock Bottom to Daniel Bryan on Raw 1,000 last year and Bryan seeking payback for that...well, that's half the build right there. The other half is to employ a tactic that's being used with Orton in which The Rock is someone who won the genetic lottery, has a great look, is "pretty", comes from a great wrestling family & legacy that he was able to use as a means of success, etc. Bryan could portray The Rock as someone who had success handed to him in WWE, that he's someone who "sold out" wrestling to go make movies, how all the talk about "never going away again" is just hollow promises he's made, how he's only back to be in the spotlight, to promote his movies and to collect a big paycheck from WWE while doing it, etc. I honestly think that The Rock could be cast as a heel in such a feud, even without a heel turn, as his popularity among some fans isn't what it once was. The novelty of The Rock coming back a handful of times in order to wrestle a big match at WM, while retaining that massive level of popularity, has worn off on some people. The few times The Rock's name has been mentioned by other wrestlers in promos since WM has resulted in quite a few boos among the fans, especially the night after WrestleMania.

However, it's not likely that The Rock will be at WM XXX as a wrestler if the various reports are correct. WWE allegedly informed the company that makes all their merchandise not to make anymore Rock stuff until at least 2015, so he might not even be back at all in 2014. Plus, there's talk of him being one of the top choices to play The Terminator in the 2015 reboot, the filming of which is said to be going on right in the middle of WM season next year. The Rock's signed a deal to star in a WWE Studios production of The Fall Guy based on the 1980s TV show. I've little doubt that he'll make appearances on WWE television to promote the film sometime, but I don't expect it to be until late next year or even sometime in 2015. He's also set to appear in the next Fast & Furious movie, the filming of which will probably start in the relatively near future since it's release date is July 11, 2014.

So yeah, I doubt Rock vs. Orton will happen. It's looking extremely unlikely that he'll be coming back to WWE next year and if he comes back in 2015, I don't expect him to wrestle. The Rock's movie career is far too lucrative at this point for him to risk suffering severe injuries working as a pro wrestler.

I would have zero interest in this match. For one I don't like either guy. The promos between the two of them would be awful. Pairing a guy like The Rock with Randy would expose how bland Randy is on the mic even more so than he already shows he is. The Rock would just slaughter him on the mic. For some reason when I picture the match it just seems like it would come off really awkward. I don't know why. As far as Orton beating The Rock and elevating himself I just don't see it happening. I think Randy has peaked in terms of popularity. I don't think him beating The Rock would make that much of a difference. As Jack-Hammer said it's not really a big money match. Sure Randy has a pretty large fan base but he's not at the same level as The Rock or John Cena. That match up made sense because it was the leaders of two eras coming head to head. I think in a Rock vs. Orton feud The Rock overshadows Orton too much.

I said this before, the rocks final match at wm30 should be hbk, what a spectacle that would be, never faced each other before.

However the likelihood of that I know I are close to zero, so I thought the next best opponent for rocks last match at wm30 is randy orton, the build could be great but randy will really need to step up to the rocks level!

I'm all for it though!

My honest opinion, people need to stop getting so upset about what they see on television and just change the damn channel, stop over analyzing things, stop trying to boycott everything that people thing is "immoral" and take some ownership for your own actions. If little Johnny piledrives a kid on the playground that's not on the WWE its on the parents for not teaching little Johnny not to do that. It's television, it's all smoke and mirrors plain and simple. Take 5 minutes (or however long it takes) to explain to the child that everything on television isn't real and just because The Rock makes fun of someone doesn't give them the right to do that. In short, raise the kid right, raise the kid to be independent, teach the kid to have some common sense and this wouldn't be a problem.

As a Randy Orton fan I would love to see Randy Orton vs. The Rock at WM 30. I think it would be a great match. Both being 2nd/3rd Generation superstars. The fact that Randy is the complete antithesis of the Rock works better than Rock/Cena because Orton is the silent Assassin, while Rock lets his words kill for him. It would truly be a WM Classic IMO.

I would be interested in The Rock facing Orton. Hopefully, The Rock would put on a match of higher quality and Orton is someone that who is capable himself. The feud is fairly obvious, The Rock coming and defending the honour of the locker room. He is perfect because he isn't contracted to the company but is obviously good for business.

The only problem that I foresee is that it would be for the WWE Title which may be a waste. I don't think it is necessary for The Rock to be in another title match. I would much rather see The Rock face Triple H but a match with Orton wouldn't be a disastrous choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back