Randy Orton NEEDS To Retire!

Factoid... the RVD rule benefits Orton, his strikes are no longer an issue... Now whether it actually WAS an RVD rule or a Randy rule is up for debate... but he's not on a 3rd strike and I am pretty sure he's down to one now with the time away.

Is there an issue with Orton? Yes... Fan's clearly DIDN'T miss him in the way they hoped and they now have the awkward moment where he has to accept that...and the lesser push that results. He may not be willing, ready or able to accept that yet (or ever) but last night was the first part of that process.... "Randy, Brock is going over and he's going over STRONG..." I am sure the cut wasn't quite as expected but Randy knows to "take one" every now and then.

Does he need to retire? Not at all, but he has to accept he is now down the card...and in reality I don't think he'll be able to, not for long. His stupidly long deal will be up in the next couple of year, he will probably job out for a year or so to get new guys over and I can even see them paying him off the final year after a retirement match if he plays ball. Not Reigns, but he's the kind of guy who Balor and Nakamura in particular, potentially even Bobby Roode could get over VERY strong beating on the main roster.

It's all on Randy... he's known to be a dick... ego driven, it's on him to accept less, not WWE to give him more now... he knows it... it's whether he can handle that which will decide his future.

He's no different now to Randy Savage in 93... outlived his peak, sunset is debateable if he's not willing to play ball...

It's all on Randy... he's known to be a dick... ego driven, it's on him to accept less, not WWE to give him more now... he knows it... it's whether he can handle that which will decide his future.

He can't handle that. In his warped mind, he thinks he still has time at the top. I wouldn't even be surprised if he lobbies for another run at either the Universal or WWE Championship in the future. And who knows, being HHH's buddy could get him that. I read that last night, HHH was the main person trying to convince Vince that Orton, not Brock, should go over. Of course, Vince (thankfully) got his way but it shows how delusional Orton is. He should never touch the championship again.

Either retire now or feud with people and lose to them. I'm talking losses to Wyatt, AJ, and anyone else WWE wants him to feud with. Though, at some point, his "credibility" will waver enough after so many loses that even being defeated by someone "new" won't mean a hell out. And there in lies the problem with him. He doesn't mean much now. He will mean even less as the year goes forward.

Hang it up bro.

So, let's face it. Randy Orton needs to retire from professional wrestling. Brock decimated him at SummerSlam. There's only three possible scenarios that we go to from here...

(A) - some type of injury (concussion or something else) that is legit and forces him to be out of action for another prolonged period of time

(B) - some type of suspension thus explaining why the beat down was so massive. Though, any suspension would be an immediate firing considering he has two strikes

(C) - business as usual with a new feud commencing this Tuesday on SD Live

Let's take C. There's no logical way WWE can even try to build Orton back up after Lesnar. Any feud he is (Wyatt, AJ, etc...), he has 0 credibility and could never be taken seriously.

Let's take A. Another injury would just be another glitch on an already injury-prone career. Concussions, shoulders, neck... you name it.

WWE doesn't need Orton. SD Live doesn't need him. And since they had Brock accurately and justly go over him in such a big way, there's really nothing left for him to do but bow out. At least he could say he retired going down fighting against WWE's biggest monster. He would hold on to some semblance of integrity.

But he's really got to go. He is way past his prime and doesn't have what it takes anymore to elevate a feud or put over new guys int he same fashion as Jericho does. Jericho is the best actual example of how to still be relevant, yet be used as an enhancement wrestler for up and coming talent. Randy can't be that guy. And I don't think he would do it if asked. He may actually expect WWE to still use him in important feuds or heck, maybe even in the title picture and that's just ridiculous.

So I say... if he is injured, take that as a sign to hang it up. If he's suspended (fired), this post is moot. If neither, just stay home this coming week and contemplate your place in the business and do what's best for everyone.

ed
Ok you do know it was preplanned ? scripted? Don't try to pull a jerkiko hissy fit here lol ! I will go with B cause Crock Lesner gave an F 5 on Shane which Shane can reverse the decision and let Orton win what lesner did was a UFC type of finish that never happened in wrestling! Orton was on a 1 year hiatus and rehab and your answer is "Orton should retire" " Brock decimated Orton at ss'? Seriously? Orton never lost except some of the blood and that match should have been a DQ and after mac got the F5 I see Shane reversing the decision if not they will be a rematch cause Lesner got 5 KO's yesterday ! Orton draws crowds and he can put over talent. The finished that was supposed to happen was GOLDBERG was supposed to show up and distract Lesner and Orton gets the win but wwe fucked that one up! The whole summershit card was bad I expected Seth Rollins to win universal title and Ziggler to finally win the WHC . But stop steamrolling Orton cause he is a 12 time champion unlike Y2jerk! Underflaker is way past his prime! Cena also , Big Slow! Jericho! You forgot them. If Orton goes TNA is the best for him

Why so much hate? He "needs" to retire because he lost to Lesnar? So did Cena, HHH, and Taker.

Love him or hate him, Randy Orton does put on a lot of great matches. Are all of his matches going to be five-star? No. Like previous posters have said, Smackdown does need Orton. He doesn't need to be WWE champion, but he's always a backup plan, same with Cena.

He's also a veteran. Say what you want, but he can bring out the best in people. Ever since this "new era" began, I'm really looking forward to see what he can do with these fresh faces.

And don't say Orton isn't a draw. From 2010-11, it could be argued that he was even getting bigger pops than Cena. There's a good chance he could've gained more if it weren't for the wellness violations.

The point I'm trying to make here is that there is absolutely no need for Orton to retire. He's still at the top of his game. (And yes, you'll probably disagree with me.) And don't forget that he just came back from being off for nine months, so he's still trying to get rid of the ring rust.

As JBL always says:
"If you build a sports-entertainer from the ground up, you get Randy Orton."

I can't speak for other posters, but I agree with that 100%.

Why are you even replying to this moron? Randy Orton's reactions are one of the loudest every single week. He's still a big star, he has credibility and will always have it for the rest of his life as far as wrestling goes. He's had incredible runs, incredible stories and incredible matches - but he has been doing it for more than 10 years straight on a main event level, so you being tired of him is a normal reaction, I guess.

However that doesn't mean the guy should retire. He can go in the ring with Heath Slater and steal the show. He's easily one of the best wrestlers as far as in-ring psychology goes in the world. He has one of the best dropkicks in the business, his timming in the ring just gives him a great flow in between moves, I mean the guy is one of the best workers in the WWE and he doesn't need submissions, highflying moves or whatever to get a reaction and to tell a story, and to me, that's being a great worker.

I think there's plenty to see in Randy Orton. Does creative need to be more creative? Of course. Debuting someone and making it the "flavour of the month" isn't that hard as long as the guy can work. But doing it day in and day out, that's the challenge. Going after Bray Wyatt isn't exactly creative, but it's a way to either get Wyatt on the line for the title, or to give Orton is credibility back to challenge Ambrose (most likely AJ Styles) for the title and that will be an heck of a match and an heck of a rub if Styles goes over. If not, the title can change hands and get a great storyline out of it.

Orton is still necessary and a versatile worker. I would like to see him tweak a little bit is act, sure, but as long as he delivers in the ring, I am quite happy. I miss those old personal rivalries with him, because I don't know but his facial expressions made that things real to me. RKO'ing Cena's father. Punting people. Kissing Steph. He still has that in him, but their stories lack intensity. Let's hope he finds it again with Wyatt. Damn I hope Wyatt kidnaps his daughter or his girlfriend and uses them to really get into Orton's head.

He's a 12 time champion. Losing to Brock that way doesn't hurt him. It didn't hurt Cena. It won't hurt him.

Characters aren't stagnant. If anything, this should give his character time to evolve and become more sinister before getting revenge on Brock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back