• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton better heel or face?

Is Orton better as a heel or face?

• Heel

• Face

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Simple question.... Do you think he is better heel or face and why?

images

He as in Randy Orton, the third generation arguably most popular superstar in WWE right now. He is a former World Heavyweight Champion which he won once, former Intercontinental champion, former world tag team champion with Edge, Royal Rumble winner in 2009, and has one the WWE Championship an outstanding six times. Orton went from being one of the mosted hated heels to the most popular. You have to be good to be able to pull that off. He was a heel untill he won the World title which he held for only like a month but he couldn't really get over as a face so he went back to heel and feuded with superstars like The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Triple H just to name a few. He was given the Legend killer nickname and he lived up to it as he took out many of WWE's Legends. He then changed his gimmick in 09 to "The Viper" and has played a great job at it. When he slowly made the gimmick change to the Viper, the fans started to cheer him more so in early 2010 Randy Orton became a tweener and became the most popular superstar in WWE at the moment. So what is he better at? Playing a heel or face?

Heel all the way. Randy Orton just doesn’t do anything for me as a face. I didn’t like his run as a face in 2004 and I don’t care for it now. Quite frankly he isn’t very likeable. He just comes off as an asshole. I don’t understand why the fans are behind him so much. I think being a heel is much more natural for Orton and he just doesn’t seem comfortable as a face.

Like Brain said Randy Orton is a Much Better Heel than Face. Last Year Randy Orton has a Heel was fantastic and I just think that he is naturally suited to be a Heel and a Very Good one at that. Randy has a Face especailly his recent Face his Boring and just really stale he just doesn't work well as a Face.

a heel as well, his mic skills were so much better. seems he is doing what cena does and does the same moves over and over. like ducks his head when someone to clothesline him, scoop slam, and now some reason is doing the angle slam, then set up for the rko... as a heel he in ring was completely different and i had no idea what he would do next. plus as a face he doesnt really punt people in the head anymore besides jericho.

He isn't so bad as a heel. I also don't mind Orton's face run from 2004. Sure it may not have lasted but I liked a hell of a lot better than what I see now.

I prefer him as the tweener he is now. where the crowd cheers for him but the promo's sound heelish. As a heel the guy always seems to just be doing the same thing. and as a full face with the gimmick he has it just don't fit. but when he can play the face against guys like Barrett Shaemus ect but still use the heel moves and tactics I think that's automatic win.

Easily heel. He is very bland and boring as a face. Honestly, his promos put me to sleep. I end up fast forwarding through them (too many commercials to watch Raw live anymore). I liked when he was the evil heel. Now he just seems like a robot face.

I think he is better face because he can get the crowd going easily enough, and his promos with the Miz would definitely be better heel than face.
Don't get me wrong, I did like him as heel, especially the age of Orton; I just prefer him to be face.

I can't stand his current persona as a face.

Randy Orton is the ultimate heel. He is the modern-day equivalent to heelish villians of the past. I remember at "Bragging Rights" last year, when he had his 60-minute "Ironman" match against Cena, Orton laid Cena on the stage where the pyro goes off, and then tried to shoot a pyro-with the intention of it going right through Cena. So, Orton tried to murder John Cena. THAT is a heel!

I believe that there is only one way Orton could work as a face, and this is how. I felt that they should have turned him face when he kicked Vince in the head last year. The fans cheered the heel (Orton) and booed the faces (the McMahons). This should have made Vince turn heel, and decide to stack the odds against Orton constantly, using a now-heel Triple H.

In other words, they should make Randy Orton a rebellious, anti-authority, face. Orton should be the 21st century version of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Remember, Austin acted very heelish, but was still a face. He would push "bad" values, he would stand up against authority, and he would Stunner anyone, friend or foe. Austin would even give his team-mate a Stunner after a tag-team match. Also, "Stone Cold" was a loner.

It is not too much of a stretch for Orton to become the new "Stone Cold" Steve Austin-type face. This way, he would remain cool, he would be able to act like he is now, and yet still be a face.

However, it may not work in a PG-era. I prefer Orton as a heel, or as a "Stone Cold" type face, but having him be a normal "face" doesn't work for me.

I liked Orton's Face turn after WM because he still had his heel persona. I remember the raw after WM. He teamed up with Cena, not because he LIKED Cena but because he wanted to settle things with Batista. Couple weeks later, he almost RKO'd Cena, Cena countered and he RKO'd swagger and stalked Cena. THAT is a nice, ruthless face. He didn't talk much, didn't do much. He came in kicked ass and left. That was a nice face. Now he's just way too much of a Cena-type character "no more mr. Nice guy" Really Randy? You tortured Cena in 2009 and tried to murder him.

So in that way Orton blurred the lines between heel and face which is always nice.

As it stands right now, I am going with heel. Prior to last years Royal Rumble, I thought Randy Orton was the best heel in the business. Actually, I thought he was the best overall superstar in the business. As a heel, he's just so damn natural. Brain was right when he said Orton isn't really a guy people should like.

I thought his heel character was at top form during his feud with HHH between Royal Rumble 2009 and Wrestlemania 25. The guy was downright evil, and looked very natural doing so. He has always put on great in-ring performances, but his character has taken a bit of a downfall since the fans began cheering for him.

However, I do have to point out that I really do not blame Orton for his character being somewhat dull the last year. He has been given absolutely nothing interesting to do. Every fued he's been involved with since his face turn has been written for shit, with absolutely no creativity behind it.

People can bag on Orton's face turn all they want, but I am still holding out. I think he's good enough at what he does to make a damn good tweener/face...if he's ever given a storyline/feud that's actually worth something.

i like him as a face but he excels as a heel the viper persona just works better as a heel he can do more to who ever he is facing. Look at his feud with HHH and how he attacked his family he could never do that as a face it just wouldn't work

Well let's be clear now, he is a tweener. And if a tweener is what he currently is then I'm going to have to go for that option (obviously that is a type of face so). Randy Orton currently considers everything, it may just be because of all the experience he now has but he is possibly the best character in the entire WWE.

I loved his heel work, but surely if under this moniker it was more natural for people to start cheering than booing him then there is a clue in there someone. Either people needed someone to love, or tweener is his forte.

Alas his promos now aren't as good but he really shouldn't be talking to get the fullest out of his character gimmick. Orton is pure animal, he created the whole slapping the ground before RKO, the intense freak-outs when he strings some moves together and the way he moves and looks and all the little features he brings to "the viper",whereas when he was heel he was very good but there was nothing standoutish about the character in itself, just another cocky arogant kid making a name for himself.

And yes although he was technically the viper when he was last heel, he didn't have the attention to detail he now has to make himself work. And as I said the fact that he naturally turned whilst never changing gimmick swings it for me, that is why I voted the converse to you all.

Orton was better as a heel, he's handicapped because he can't be that asshole we all know he is.

I could see Orton working as a face if they would just let him be a heel that the fans could get behind.

I prefer him as the tweener he is now. where the crowd cheers for him but the promo's sound heelish..

I agree. Pro wrestling has traditionally been a form of entertainment in which you have guys who are either total heels or total faces, and you never have any trouble distinguishing between the two. In the past, when a heel "turned good," his style of wrestling changed with it; he began fighting in strict accordance with the rules of being a good guy; whereas he previously broke them. Frankly, it often looked ridiculous.

Now, we have the 'tweener and no one plays it better than Randy Orton. You don't know what to think of this guy from one minute to the next. When he's fighting Sheamus, you know darn well who to root for.....but what do you do when he squares off against John Cena? We know how to regard him when he fights Wade Barrett, but what were you thinking when he went up against Evan Bourne? The people in Creative have kept us guessing for months.....and I wouldn't want to change anything.

I'm sure it wasn't lost on anyone that the 3-way cage match Randy was in last Monday featured two heels in the ring with him. Since we never see three heels in the ring facing off, it was easy to figure out that Orton was the face, right?

But when we saw the uneasy alliance among the heels and faces joining forces against Nexus this past Summer, did you wonder which side Randy was going to touch down on? I did.

So, I didn't vote in this poll since it didn't offer the category of "'tweener," but that's where he fits best.

I hate everything there is about Randy Orton because he is such a huge asshole, give credit where it is due though he makes an excellent heel. On the flipside he is the worst face ever. I wish he were gone from wrestling altogether but if he has to be there, I would rather him be a heel than the worst face in the history of wrestling.

I think Orton's tweener role that he's doing right now is great because it just seems to be an overall more natural fit to him. Orton's character is pretty much an asshole, but he's a brave asshole that goes at the heels and takes it to them as bad as they'd take it to him.

Orton is called The Viper and everything he does seems to fit quite naturally with that particular predator. Orton comes across as ice cold, heartless, calculating, strikes viciously at his prey when the time is right. I don't know what Randy Orton is like in real life, but he seems EXTREMELY comfortable in his role right now.

There's no way that Orton could be a straight up babyface anymore, not after the various things he's been involved in. As a heel, I think that he did very well and was much the way he is now, except he had the much more cowardly behavior associated with heels. The problem is that it just got kind of stale I think. After seeing him feud so constantly with Triple H & John Cena for so long, I think it just kind of grated on me.

Simple question.... Do you think he is better heel or face and why?

images

He as in Randy Orton, the third generation arguably most popular superstar in WWE right now. He is a former World Heavyweight Champion which he won once, former Intercontinental champion, former world tag team champion with Edge, Royal Rumble winner in 2009, and has one the WWE Championship an outstanding six times. Orton went from being one of the mosted hated heels to the most popular. You have to be good to be able to pull that off. He was a heel untill he won the World title which he held for only like a month but he couldn't really get over as a face so he went back to heel and feuded with superstars like The Undertaker, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, and Triple H just to name a few. He was given the Legend killer nickname and he lived up to it as he took out many of WWE's Legends. He then changed his gimmick in 09 to "The Viper" and has played a great job at it. When he slowly made the gimmick change to the Viper, the fans started to cheer him more so in early 2010 Randy Orton became a tweener and became the most popular superstar in WWE at the moment. So what is he better at? Playing a heel or face?
thats easy..heel
he just cant work out as a face...thts y they gave him a half face half heel/aka tweener thing..but wwe cant help it if he gets huge pops like a face does..

Heel!!! Most wrestlers are better as heel.. You just hate them soo much and its just the way its meant to be!! Randy Orton has got a lot of fans and they are al behind him, the reaction he gets when he enters the arena, only few wrestlers get that reaction.. As a heel he is much better at carrying out storylines.. recent one would have to be from WrestleMania 25.. He was just sooo good and he played the role soo perfectly, we all hated his guts for what he did to the McMahon family..

So it has to be HEEL!!

i CANT stand the "face" orton!..
i remember the time the wwe proved the were jerks..that was when the let randy give rko'es to everyone who came in his way..which sucked!from dat time he bcame "superorton"

Definitely a Heel, He just looks like a Heel to be completely honest and I don't anyone can take him seriously as a heel except for kids, and if the kids new what he's done in the past (Punting Cena's father, his long feud with Cena, his legend killer gimmick) They woudnt cheer him either he's just to intimidating to be taking seriously as a face!..

Is this even a question?

Heel all the way.

Randy Orton cuts way better promos as a heel. He seems to much more revelent to me, too. I feel like he's not doing anything as a face. He's so bland. I loved when he was heel in his fueds with HHH and John Cena. Randy is always better as a heel and that's when he gives his best work.

If WWE were smart they would turn him heel again so he can shine.

I hate to repeat what the IWC says all too often, the whole "HE'S BETTER AS A HEEL HE IS SO BLAND AS A FACE" deal, but this is actually true in Randy Orton. The guy is acceptable as a face, since the crowd is into him, but everything he does except the RKO screams heel. His move set, his delivery of promos, his demeanor, everything.

Perhaps the most important reason why he's better as a heel is his way of working in the ring. He's methodical. As a heel, that goes to show how "psychotic" or "demented" the worker is. As a face, all it is is boring. Faces generally need flashy moves to keep people entertained. Even more methodical people like the Undertaker have moves like Old School. And while Orton does have some signature moves that bring his pace up (the powerslam or the inverted headlock backbreaker thing, for example), it's only a temporary boost. Most of the time, Orton is just doing things slowly around the ring, not doing anything of note. And that doesn't mean that he's a lazy worker; it's just his character. The problem is that it's boring to watch if you're supposed to be cheering for the guy.

His gimmick suits a heel, and while the anti-hero thing is acceptable, it's not nearly as effective as he could be as a heel. I'm not saying that Orton needs a heel turn, since he has the support of the crowd. I'm just saying that he's at his best as a heel, and he's more entertaining that way.

I prefer Randy Orton as he is now. I guess he would be called a face as opposed to a tweener. I mean look, he has only feuded with heels, he has shook hands with his nemesis John Cena and he has not once been booed. He is most definitely a face.

Why do I prefer him as a face? Well, Randy's heel gimmick wasn't really there. He was just a heel. There was nothing complex to it.

He cheated.
He boasted.
He feuded with faces.
He was cowardly.
He was aggressive.

These characteristics make up a generic heel. One that anyone could play. However, as a face, he is something different. He is still aggressive and he still cheats (to an extent) yet the fans still love him. That to me is more interesting than his heel persona. It is a role only Randy could play.

Orton is great as a face and must remain one for as long as he is over with the fans. And seen as they were the ones who turned him, it could be a while.

Everything about Randy Orton just screams heel. His look, his attitude, his microphone skills and his in-ring ability. All of it with exception of the RKO is really heel material. The RKO can function for anything really, and it's due to the large pop it gets from it that makes it the least heel thing in his entire career.

Randy Orton has many great moments, and they're all heel moments. sure his turn away from Evolution was face, but compare it to some of the other stuff like his build-up feud with Triple H in 2009, and his feud with John Cena. Everything great about Randy Orton, everything he has really accomplished of great things has been done while he was branded a heel.

Randy Orton is the type of guy, that while he does fairly well as a face, he still screams "career heel". He's the type of guy like Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase Sr. Roddy Piper and such, the born heel so to say. The guy that can work as a face, but really only belongs properly among the heels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back