• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rallying Call To Wrestling Fans

steveom07

Occasional Pre-Show
Unless im very much mistaken all wrestling companies have been going through a slump in ratings and PPV over a long period of time.

Wrestling is no longer discussed over the 'water cooler' at work, due mainly to embarrassment.

Thats right wrestling is NO longer cool and hasnt been for a long time.

Not since hogan, the rock and austin (arguably ultimate warrior, shawn micheals, goldberg and sting) has there been people in wrestling who you are not embarrassed to admit you idolise.

So this message is for all wrestling fans whether it be WWE, TNA, ROH or any other promotions. We all need to stick together.

Wrestling is dwindling in popularity and cant go on forever in its current format.

Was just reading Adam Copelands (Edge) autobiography, talking about how he used to watch every single wrestling show even if they were crap because he is a wrestling fan.

I just feel instead of dissing the competition for doing things badly, things that are done well should be applauded PLUS stop looking through rose tinted glasses.

At the end of the day its wrestling we all love

I am a wrestling fan in my heart. No matter how bad things are and look, I will still watch, because it is one of the only forms of entertainment that actually entertains me. I mainly watch WWE but I love me some TNA (most of the time) and I watch Puroresu, Indy, and Lucha Libre whenever I can mainly through youtube and other sites. It is something that throughout my whole life has always been there. We've all been through shit in our lives and changes, but one thing that is always constant in mine is my love for wrestling.

I made a comment several months back and I'll say it again. Wrestling geeks are the lowest forms of geeks around. While these days it is pretty much "cool" to be a Star Wars or Comic Book geek, wrestling fans are even laughed at by these people. Comics, Star Wars, Video games have all become accepted by mainstream culture. Wrestling hasn't and probably never will.

I do disagree that we shouldn't be "dissing" competition. I'm not saying we should trash everything we see different, but if we have a problem with the product of any wrestling company, we have the right to let it be known and hope it will be heard by others and the companies themselves (even though they don't listen).

I am not embarrassed to be a wrestling fan, I talk about it often with pretty much everyone I know and even post on facebook about it, because it is something I love. I just wish there were more people who actually talked about it back to me. Luckily my whole family watches wrestling (mainly WWE) as does my girlfriend (again mainly WWE) and I can at least talk about wrestling on a basic basis.

To everyone who laughs at us and says "Why do you watch it when you know it's fake?" and all that bullshit, I say Fuck You. This is my passion, you should be lucky enough in your life to love and follow something as closely as much as we do.

I'm a wrestling fan who has the internet. Its my duty to shit and piss all over anything that I don't agree with 100%. It should be me booking WWE and TNA, because I know how to get ratings. I would have RAW as two hours of nothing but The Miz jerking off while Danile Bryan applies submissions to a goat. I'd have 99% of TNA talent fired and have a whole show where Kurt Angle just wrestles himself. Everything is cool until it becomes popular and then it sucks. I hate Jeff Hardy now. What a dick. Fuck Hogan. Flair is embarressing himself. Foley is ruining his legacy. Why isn't Christian World champion yet. I hate Cena. He has only five moves. They all suck. Russo killed WCW. Russo is killing TNA. Russo killed the dinosaurs. I hate PG. Raw should be rated R and feature adult themes. Like maybe Vince committing suicide. Suicide is lame. ECW should stay dead. Who is Sheamus? Why is he champ? Why isn't Sheamus The Miz? How did Matt Hardy get so fat? Matt Hardy now sucks. Chris Benoit is the greatest wrestler ever. So what if he killed a child, he should still be featured and celebrated by WWE........right?

And after all that bullshit, wrestling fans still watch wrestling. If your worried about wrestling not being cool, don't be, it never has been "cool". Austin drinking beer was cool. Doing the DX crotch chop was cool. Saying you were nWo 4 Life was cool. But it was rarely ever the actual wrestling that was cool. Just keep watching and don't worry too hard for Vince and the E, something tells me they will do just fine.

There will always be wrestling mate. There always has been. Throughout human history wrestling has always been there, in some shape or form. And since television was invented it has been the perfect format for wrestling. The only thing that is dying are the wrestlers themselves......but lets leave that hornets nest for another thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back