• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R-Truth - Future World Champion?

I'd have laughed at this notion a year ago. Most of us had long since written R-Truth off as irrelevant. Most of us had also done the same thing with Mark Henry and he's been one of the best things in wrestling for almost 6 months now. Mark Henry's success is something of a lesson not to just write someone off even if you feel their best days are behind them.

R-Truth has been enjoyable for this year in my view. He's been doing good work in the angles he's been involved in and he's surprised me. I've been really surprised at how much I'm enjoying his work with Miz. On the surface, you just wouldn't think that these are two guys that'd mesh all that well, but they're fun in the ring and on the mic. I don't know if a World Championship is in R-Truth's future but I have to say that I don't think I'd be opposed to it if it did come about.

Fuck yeah! I'm a Ron Killings mark so my opinion might be tainted with bias but the guy really has been on a roll since his heel turn and program with Cena since Capitol Punishment. I was actually almost afraid that his initial heel turn would lead to a feud with Morrison and Morrison getting pushed over Truth. I'm so glad that ended up not happening. Half a year ago, I probably would've said that as much as I'd love to see it, I don't see Truth becoming world champion if even a contender. Now? I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. His work as of late has been great and nothing short of amusing especially since teaming with Miz. No longer do I see a team with an HBK and Jannetty but rather a team where both of them can conceivably move on to bigger and better things. Truth is a season veteran and I would love to see him have a run with the belt. However, I'm not sure if it's going to happen in the foreseeable future or at least while he's partnered up with Miz. It looks like Awesome Truth is staying together for the sake of elevating the tag team division (that is, if reports are true and WWE is serious about improving it) but once they split up (which would be somewhat of a shame since I do enjoy them tagging together) I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

I hope Truth gets a title run in the future guys been so entertaining recently and has busted his ass to get this far. definitely at the top of his game. Turning Truth heel was the best thing they ever did to his career i really dont think Truth would have been in the main event picture like he has recently if he was face

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back