• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

R-Truth: Could the new music lead to a new push?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
As we saw last night during the Song and Dance match, R-Truth sang a new song, one that the audience already loved and was chanting along to. It seems to be his new entrance music, and I for one really liked it. While I know that music changing normally doesn't mean a push is coming (see Evan Bourne for proof of that) and that management probably just felt Truth was due for a change, there is the possibility. And so, my questions to you are:

If R-Truth's new music is indicative of a push, does R-Truth deserve it?
What level should he be pushed to?

R-Truth is at a good level right now, being the act to really excite the crowd, but personally, I think he should receive a much larger push. He is dynamic in the ring, exciting on the mic, and really just very entertaining all in all. He deserves a lot more than just a joke of a US Championship run. I know he's getting on in his years, but who cares? The man is still at the top of his game. He is everything you could want in a champion. He has the look, the ability to cut exciting promos and put on good matches, plus the experience of being an in-ring veteran.

However, I don't know how far he can go on RAW. He isn't really WWE Championship material, and the RAW main event scene is way too crowded anyway. If Bryan hadn't come back, we could have had another Miz/Truth feud, but that's out of the question, and I don't see WWE doing a face vs. face feud in Truth/Bryan. I think the best thing for Truth would be for him to go back to Smackdown and start feuding with heels for the Intercontinental and eventually World Heavyweight Championships. I honestly think he has what it takes to carry the B-Show. He really should be at that level now, if only WWE had pushed him from his debut and let him win his feud with Benjamin... With Smackdown moving to SyFy soon, I think it needs another top face, and Truth can be the man to help it out.

What say you?

Yeah, I think he deserves it. Why shouldn't he? I mean he had a farse of a United States Championship run that didn't elevate him anywhere and he's a good superstar for any roster. He knows how to amp up the crowd, people like him and he interacts with the fans. I think he's deffenitly one to look out for if anybody's looking at somebody to push.

I like his new song aswell. I'm not sure if it's officially his 'new theme' but from what I've heard, the song is called "Krunk". I read a WWE Magazine a few months ago and he actually mentioned he was recording new songs, so it may actually be his new theme. I hope so, it was great!

He's brilliant in the ring and he's really good on the mic (and that's not just because he's a rapper.) He's interesting to listen to and he can talk some serious smack. I think a push would be great for Truth. He deffenitly deserves it. He's been in the business a while now and from recent memory, I can't recall him having much interaction in the main events.

I really wish WWE would give him a push, he's different, deserving and I think he'd be a good champion...I just don't think he'd be the WWE Champion. I could see him on Smackdown with the World Heavyweight Championship.

I doubt R-Truth's new music really would signify some kind of a push. What it will accomplish most likely is to give him a new breath of fresh air rather than anything else. R-Truth to me is hardly that entertaining to the point where he's warranted a worthy push. The only place I see him going forward to if anything ,is regaining a mid-card championship position, and even that I don't see lasting for too long.

Besides, I don't believe that new music has ever signified anything of a large change in pace when it comes to a push. Certainly a lot of the elder wrestlers have gone through a change in music, and a guy like Shawn Michaels could've been said to get a decent push forward when his music changed, but as of late it is hardly something that has shown any significant change, unless you're Nexus. And Nexus only really accomplished anything because of the booking and the significance of the faction alongside it's impact, rather than the music which they debuted as well.

No, I don't see the new music to be a sign of future change for R-Truth, I just see it as a fresh breath of air where it was critically needed.

I would say yes. Truth is clearly over with the crowd. You'd have to be an idiot not to notice that. His in-ring work is good and he has the ability to pull off good matches with several superstars.

As You yourself said Doc, he's not a WWE Championship contender, he never will be in my honest opinion, but another run with a midcard championship would be about right. Unfortunately for Truth this is around the time where speculation is high over the possible unification of the United States & Intercontinental Championships. Both titles will be very busy in the months to come and Truth doesn't really fit into that picture too well.

He's been used just fine in my opinion, he's over with the crowd and isn't being buried, he's had a reign as US champion, been apart of some big matches (the Main Event at Summerslam), and has been involved with some good feuds. I really like how he's being used, if they push him it depends on what extent, obviously not main event level, and I don't really know if he's upper mid carder material either. Yes I know his US champion reign wasn't anything big, but no body expected much from it and expected him to drop it sooner than later. Plus, I can recall Truth getting a win over DiBiase at a PPV awhile ago, it was a surprise win too in my opinion, so it isn't like WWE is totally ignoring his talent.

I've always wanted greater things for R-Truth. As has been said, his in-ring work is above average, he truly connects with the fans, and his mic skills are exceptional. However, the move to Raw can be seen as both a blessing and a curse. He had a good run with the U.S. title and was a member of the Summer Slam main event, but his time on the red brand has reached a plateau.

If they want him to feud with Teddy, it needs to go somewhere. While he may be a veteran, a majority of the fans just don't see how this could pay off for both for Ted to go over Truth. Ted has the lineage of his father and the Million Dollar title to help propel him. Truth needs decisive victories over established names. Sure, incorporate the brief history between the two, have some good matches for the $$$ belt, but then let Truth move on to bigger things while Ted roots himself as a mid-card guy.

It's been long said that the WWE is looking for a black main event superstar; let Truth be that guy. His song says what should be very obvious by now, it's his time. He needs to show us that he has upped his game and is poised to jump to the next level. Decisive wins and a little character freedom would do him wonders. We all know Truth can move, but can he bring a grounded, technical offense? Deepen his character with a few mat based wrestling matches and let him expand from there.

The new music isn't gonna lead to a big push at all. Though R-Truth is really over with the crowd, I've never really seen him as more of a mid card champion. I can see him tease the main event and if he does well consistently in that spot maybe I'll change my opinion, but for now, no push.

I did like the new song though. I am hoping that it's his new entrance theme from now on. What's Up was getting a little old and besides he was using that theme since he was in TNA. It was time for a change.

im not the biggest fan of r truth because he just bores me but i do think he should get a push. he gets big pops from the audience. however i think that his new theme music is kinda dark and i think it would work great with a heel character. that way he can fued with daniel bryan over on raw. if he stays face like i think he will i hope he goes to smackdown in october due to the move and since matt hardy might get released then they will need another mid carder/upper mid carder

As we saw last night during the Song and Dance match, R-Truth sang a new song, one that the audience already loved and was chanting along to. It seems to be his new entrance music, and I for one really liked it. While I know that music changing normally doesn't mean a push is coming (see Evan Bourne for proof of that) and that management probably just felt Truth was due for a change, there is the possibility. And so, my questions to you are:

R-Truth is at a good level right now, being the act to really excite the crowd, but personally, I think he should receive a much larger push. He is dynamic in the ring, exciting on the mic, and really just very entertaining all in all. He deserves a lot more than just a joke of a US Championship run. I know he's getting on in his years, but who cares? The man is still at the top of his game. He is everything you could want in a champion. He has the look, the ability to cut exciting promos and put on good matches, plus the experience of being an in-ring veteran.

However, I don't know how far he can go on RAW. He isn't really WWE Championship material, and the RAW main event scene is way too crowded anyway. If Bryan hadn't come back, we could have had another Miz/Truth feud, but that's out of the question, and I don't see WWE doing a face vs. face feud in Truth/Bryan. I think the best thing for Truth would be for him to go back to Smackdown and start feuding with heels for the Intercontinental and eventually World Heavyweight Championships. I honestly think he has what it takes to carry the B-Show. He really should be at that level now, if only WWE had pushed him from his debut and let him win his feud with Benjamin... With Smackdown moving to SyFy soon, I think it needs another top face, and Truth can be the man to help it out.

What say you?

I think they are pushin R-Truth to the main event with this. Think about the last rapper in WWE John Cena. He changed his music and a month later beat JBL for his first WWE championship.

Its possible though he has been working on it for a little bit and was originally going to use it as his Pay Per View song. So I would say its not really just the music.

R-Truth is VERY over with the fans, hes exciting in the ring, and even though his voice is odd on the mic he has the ability to use cool catchphrases and simply get a reaction by pointing to the crowd, aka crowd connection, something not many in the midcard have.

I think he should get a push, hes already been the NWA Champion so I dont see why he cant win the belt. He would be a fun and exciting champ.

i am not sure about R Truth, but i think it can be said that the John Morrison push began last night. And i use the word push properly because that's what they want to do, push him, as in mentally and physically to see if he is cut out for the big time. the whole jump training thing and his great preformance against Shemaus and the fact that Jericho jumped him and last week's little segment with jericho shows me, it's John Morrison time

I can see this happening ...but in order to make it legit is to have truth get into a fued with a heel that can generate some real heat, not a tweener because you wann have truth bulid up a lot of momentum and I think this can only be done if truth is the clear cut quote on quote good guy............R truth vs Alberto del rio for the IC belt cud be gold.

I really don't know what the big deal is about R-Truth. I really don't think he's THAT great. But maybe this is a response for another thread.

I WILL SAY THOUGH, that I really do hope that the song he sang last night is his new theme or something, because I'm so sick and tired of hearing..."what's up....what's up....what's up...." followed by mumbling/sounding out of breath, followed by more, "WHAT'S UP...WHAT'S UP.....WHAT'S UP" and then followed by another pointless, "WHAT'S UP!?" in the ring. Maybe that's why I'm tired of R-Truth, I dunno. I don't see him getting a push. He did a Song and Dance Match last night, are you kidding me? That's not really the type of match that pushes you into the main event.

I mean, how 'bout that Trading Places match with Regal and Goldust?!! I bet one of them end up in a U.S. title match based on their performance in that match last night...c'mon.

A New Song wouldnt mean a push necesarily, but...and im not sure if its just me, His New theme (if its a permanent tune) seems to be a bit...Darker...
Think about it, most Stars who had new Themes became a new superstar (Legend Killer Orton became Crazed, Punting Orton) so if the theme becomes more serious, would a more focused and destructive R-Truth be born...I'm Just Sayin...

A new song doesn't mean jack. It refreshes his entrance, that's it. He's still using the Lie Detector as his finisher instead of an ax kick or that old sitout front vertical suplex he used to use. He's quite athletic and has entertainment value and brings a lot of energy to the crowd, but that's about it. If he were to ever receive a push, it should start with him winning more high profile matches and especially on PPVs if he ever gets on the card. I'd like to see him run with the Tag Team belt for a while. I don't know why they're not teaming him up with Morrison officially since Morrison isn't doing much either. Then, later on they could turn Morrison heel and build a feud with R-Truth. Maybe that could launch both guys into bigger storylines.

I do not like his new song at all. I did not like his first one, but this new one is far worse. If his push has anything to do with his theme song, I think he will be doing dark matches by months end.

I did not see the point was in taking him off SMACKDOWN!, but he dose not need to go back. I think he can do fine on RAW, switching him back and forth can't be good for someone not fully over with the fans. Right now he is on TV every week and not jobbing on Superstars, I don't think he is complaining. I would like to see R-Truth and Kofi team up, I think they would be an entertaining tag team in a otherwise dull division.

I don't think the music changes signifies a "push"... It would be nice if they would push him though. I heard a month or so ago that he would be changing his music or using a new song for Pay Per Views.

IMO, he DOES deserve it. For the exact reasons that The Doctor stated. A move back to SD! could definitely help.

I can see him feuding with anyone and becoming a multiple time IC/US Champion and staying popular long enough to capture a World Title or 2.

Persnonally i think R-Truth deserves a push he has everything Jericho and Miz has plus more(not necesarily Jericho but Miz for sure) and he will never get pushed to WWE Championship because of his skin color point blank period, i see nobody didnt say it well im going to come out and say it, and to me that is just wrong..... He connects with the crowd like Orton and Cena, but yet he cant get a main event push to save his life, if he was moved to smackdown he could carry that show as WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION because that show doesnt have anyone over there but Undertaker who is on his last lil run, Rey Mysterio who is in the same position, and Kofi Kingston who I also think can run Smackdown as well and has the best chance of being the first Black(I count Rock as Samoan)WWE Champion, or World Champion(since Booker T of course), all in all The new music will give him a push but nowhere near the WWE Championship, a move to Smackdown is desperatly needed hear....

10 million times better than What's Up. Catchy guitar riffs. Better lyrics. I hope he is pushed to a good midcard title reign. If they use him right maybe world title some day. He's no worse than Cena in the ring and much better on the mic, and he's been NWA world champ.

Push or not, I can't even begin to tell you how overjoyed I would be if I never heard his "What's Up?" song again. I do agree with what a few people have said, in that it seems "darker" and more "serious", which could at least signify a subtle change to his gimmick. Heel turn? Doubtful, as that usually means the new music comes afterward. Do I think that he deserves a push? I don't see him ever being main event material, even if he is more athletic than a number of the main event stars. Even before he came to Raw, I saw him as a worthy mid-card champion. Refreshing his entrance might make people think differently when he comes out and even take him more seriously.

I think that he was pretty much cheated out of a push earlier this year, honestly. Creative probably realized they fucked Miz over by having him drop the belt to a 52 year old stroke victim and put the US title back on him in order to save face and rebuild his credibility, but it came at the expense of Truth, which was a shame. He's done nothing since then, and his push has basically been a push back down the card. I like to watch Truth in the ring, as long as he's nowhere near a microphone. At least the new theme might refresh that a bit and get us out of the "ugh, oh no" reaction to hearing his music start, at least until we've heard this one for several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back