R.I.P. Eddie Fatu (Umaga) [1973-2009]

Obviously, it's no wonder why Vince wanted him gone. He certainly wasn't going to have Umaga die on his watch due to his painkiller addiction.

I just smiled at the thought of Umaga suddenly busting out of his coma shouting "FA'AAAAAAAAAA SAMOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

:(

Umaga was just taken off life support according to a source.

We're told his family was told to get into town and to the hospital right away. Family members have been told they believe he suffered a heart attack.

He had just returned a few days ago from the Hulk Hogan tour of Australia.

Credit: ewrestlingnews

According to several sources, PWTorch has been told that friends and fellow wrestlers have been notified that former WWE star Umaga (Eddie Fatu) was found dead today by his wife. Another source says he is in grave condition and hospitalized on life support awaiting his family's arrival.

ProWrestling.net has reported that a family member said reports of his death were premature. Multiple sources say his situation is "extremely serious" and "grave" and that family members are being told to rush to the hospital.

The suspicion is prescription pills is the cause, as Umaga was reportedly found bleeding from his nose and mouth.

Umaga's family lives in Spring, Texas (just north of Houston) to support his son, who plays Running back for the Klein Oak High School football team in Spring.

We have also learned that WWE will be issuing a statement later today or this weekend once information is released by his family.

Damn, Fatu might have been dead for hours now. I think Lashley jumped the gun on his tweets. If its true then it's a shame what happened. This year wasn't a good year as far as celebrities and wrestler's deaths go. Off the top of my head I can think of only 2 other wrestling deaths this year. The first being Andrew Test Martin and the other being Capt. Lou Albano. At least Capt. Lou died of old age.

Too bad Fatu didn't go into rehab, he was only 36 years old too.

Blade and I were discussing the lack of wrestling tragedies in recent memory, and the thread was started out of it...We all figured Jeff Hardy...Umaga kind of skipped our brains...

It's sad that he's either dead, or on his way out...Wonder if either company will say anything about him, or wrestling deaths in general...

The following was posted on wwe.com
'WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.'

Rest In Peace Eddie Fatu

I was never a big fan of the guy, but I liked his matches, its sad another talented wrestler dies young

The following was posted on wwe.com
'WWE would like to express its deepest condolences to Mr. Fatu’s family, friends and fans on his tragic passing. Mr. Fatu was under contract with WWE at various time periods and most recently performed under the name "Umaga." Mr. Fatu's contract was terminated on June 11, 2009.'

Rest In Peace Eddie Fatu

Is he so forgotten by WWE that they don't even remember his first name? There is just something about that announcement on wwe.com that strikes a nerve with me.

You-Maynga was an epic comedy figure for me. I would pretty much laugh every time he came out with that island music spitting and speaking incoherency.

Eddie "Umaga" Fatu was a great wrestler and it's a shame we lose another talent at such a young age. It is such a tragedy as he did put on great matches, help put the likes of Cena, Punk and Hardy over while providing a great modern version of the Wild Samoan gimmick. You will be sorely missed Eddie Fatu, Rest In Peace and Thank You for dedicating your life for our entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back