• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Puro fans, UNITE!

I like your booking there!

I liked the Styles and Okada rematch much more than their first one. I am very curious what is next for both of them.

If Ishii loses the Never belt to Yujiro that will free him up to be inserted into a feud with Styles, I would love that! Maybe Okada could then feud with Yujiro... or would you say the Never belt is too much of a step down for him?

I'm not sure what will happen with the NEVER title. I suspect that Yujiro will win and defend through shenanigans and have an up & comer defeat him when they finally get a clean attempt. How long they'll ride the Bullet Club having all the titles train is anyone's guess. It's over as FUCK in the UK & America but not so much in Japan.

Most people are sure Nakamura v Okada is the way they're going (eventually), with Styles defending/facing all the other top guys such as Ishii, Naito, Makabe - presumably leading to Tanahashi v Styles at WK9.

Beyond this raft of matches they need to generate some new feuds by 2015. They could lose Ibushi if they don't give him a heavyweight run and he definitely deserves it. I'm sure they're way ahead of me though.

The BOSJ XXI winner is....

1coverricochet4.jpg

Jado and Gedo are apparently fans of Ricochet's work considering his strong booking in last year's BOSJ(5 round robin wins and a semifinals appearance), and of course this year's result.

I would love to see Ricochet get at least some parttime bookings with ROH in the next couple of years before he inevitably eventually signs with the WWE, but I always thought that he avoided working with them due to not wanting to piss off Gabe and possibly sour his relationship with DGUSA which could have conceivably influenced his ability to continue to get Dragon Gate bookings in Japan(though in reality I doubt that Dragon Gate gives a fuck what goes on with Gabe and his workers on this side of the world). Hopefully a strong relationship between Ricochet and NJPW will materialize and keep Ricochet from having to worry about any possible loss of Dragon Gate bookings, and what can result is the ROH/NJPW relationship leading to him working shows for both of those companies in the vein of performers like AJ, The Bucks, and the Hooligans.

The last two matches in the BOSJ final were superb, main event especially so. Crowd was amazing.

card for Dominion on the 21st.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match
The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) (c) vs. Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

Singles Match
Tama Tonga vs. Tetsuya Naito

Tag Team Match
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomoaki Honma & Yuji Nagata

NWA World Tag Team Title Match
TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) (c) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ricochet

Tag Team Match
Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)

Tag Team Match
BULLET CLUB (AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii)

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
BULLET CLUB (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale

I actually think that is pretty good. No major standout but this could be the peak of Bullet Club with members in matches across the card. Ibushi v Ricochet should steal MOTN but I am psyched to see how they put Ishii across in his tag match.

Everyone stop what you are doing and watch Kota Ibushi, Daisuke Sasaki and Kenny Omega vs Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi and Yoshihiko for the KO-D 6 Man Tag Team Championship from DDT 4/29/14. Trust me you won't regret it.

Wrestle 1 and Tajiri's promotion WNC have come to an agreement that as of July 1 all of the male talent in WNC will be under Wrestle 1. This includes TAJIRI, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio, and Rionne Fujiwara. This is a pretty good move for Wrestle 1 as it helps boost the amount of talent under the Wrestle 1 name and allows them to be less dependent on foreign talent.

Wrestle 1 and Tajiri's promotion WNC have come to an agreement that as of July 1 all of the male talent in WNC will be under Wrestle 1. This includes TAJIRI, AKIRA, Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro “Ikemen” Kuroshio, and Rionne Fujiwara. This is a pretty good move for Wrestle 1 as it helps boost the amount of talent under the Wrestle 1 name and allows them to be less dependent on foreign talent.

Wait, did they unify?

From the way the article sounds the men's part of WNC pretty much joined with Wrestle 1 and the women's part will remain as WNC-REINA. However, the article also says that WNC will be on hiatus for now. So, I'm guessing WNC is unified with Wrestle 1, but will have some of their own shows later on in the future.

NJPW Dominion was really good, the opening match of Time Splitters v Young Bucks probably stole MOTN. Worth a watch, I won't spoiler it here.

G1 Climax 24 blocks

G1 2014 - A Block:
Tanahashi
Kojima
Nagata
Ibushi
Shibata
Nakamura
Ishii
Shelton
DBS Jr
Gallows
Fale

G1 2014 - B Block:
Makabe
Goto
Naito
Tenzan
Okada
Yano
Suzuki
Archer
Styles
Yujiro
Anderson

ROH guys to appear at the finals night too: Bennett, Cole, Kanellis & reDRagon.

Who is your favorite Japanese wrestler?
KENTA current, Kenta for past since he is basically retired

Who is your favorite gaijin wrestler?
Been a huge Styles fan since old glory days of xdivision

What's your favorite match?
Honestly too hard to pick. Tanahashi vs Okada last year was gold every time. Old kenta matches are great. Liger in his prime was fun etc. They treat wrestling as an art form and for that I can't pick

Little late but was just able to finally watch the best of the jrs from this year. Love DG so the fact that one of their guys won in what was am amazing match was icing on the cake. Chocolate icing. Yum

Who is your favorite Japanese wrestler?
KENTA current, Kenta for past since he is basically retired

Who is your favorite gaijin wrestler?
Been a huge Styles fan since old glory days of xdivision

What's your favorite match?
Honestly too hard to pick. Tanahashi vs Okada last year was gold every time. Old kenta matches are great. Liger in his prime was fun etc. They treat wrestling as an art form and for that I can't pick

Those are some interesting matchups in those blocks for the G!, last year's G1 was what got me into puro! Time flies huh. And I see they're still holding off Nakamura vs Okada lol

Who will win? I'm honestly not sure. While I would like to say Ishii, I have a feeling it's going to be Tanahashi. Since he has the whole "Can't challenge for the IWGP title again" stipulation, him winning the G1 would effectively override that.

What are y'all thoughts of Bad Luck Fale as IC champ?

I think the stipulation is up now Okada's not champ. I think they're going to do Tanahashi vs Styles at the Dome - that match has history on both sides of the Pacific and would probably do great business as well as be fantastic to watch. Whether that's for the title, I'm not sure - the general perception is that Tanahashi can't do too many main event style matches per year. It probably would be though.

Genuinely can't tell who is going to win though! There's a compelling case for 5/6 guys, really. Apparently Finals tickets are moving nicely so there's less need to book conservatively toward a saleable final. Okada is likely to be in the mix as you'd expect him to beat Styles on night 1 to make up for a series of defeats. My G1 pick 'ems ended up with Shibata v Okada in the final. That's probably because I suck at predicting though...

Am okay with Fale as IC Champ. They needed to move that title down the card slightly and he's a worthy champ. Saw a video of him speaking fluent Japanese, cracking jokes too, he's very much one of theirs and has developed nicely in the spotlight.

Since Nakamura lost the IC title I feel like NJPW is finally going to give us the Okada vs Nakamura match for the heavyweight title at the Tokyo Dome. So I'm going to guess that Okada wins G1 and Nakamura beats Styles before the Tokyo Dome show.

Losing Ibushi is a big hit for the G1. I was really looking forward for some of his matches, like against Ishii and Shibata or the rematch against Nakamura. Honma isn't bad, but no way near Ibushi who's just cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back