Punk Wins (Again)! Punk Wins (Again)! Is He a Heel?

I have a feeling this thread will be moved or combined with another. At any rate, I hope you're right. A Jeff Hardy feud would be great to start his reign. I'm hoping he has a halfway decent length to his reign, maybe, ane this is crazy I know, but when he loses it, maybe he could actually be in the match?

Have Undertaker come in and beat the absolute shit out of him, Take the title off him, and hold it for 3 years

I wouldnt know, God-Awful decision, you would have him feuding with someone better then a mid-top card heel who came back from injury before he won the title.

WOuld like to see him turn heel, might work with Jeff's popularity with some interfearances ect.

What a buzz kill.

Seriously that was an awful end to a PPV. You have a less popular face come out and get the cheap victory over an incredibly over face, and the emotion from the crowd is gone. The cheers were so muted it was unreal. Had they moved the double crash through the ladder spot to the end, and had Punk come in there, the crowd would have erupted.

Now all we have is a half arsed story where creative can back out of giving Punk a full turn.

If Punk came out and pinned Edge after the ladder crash the fans would have hated it. Punk would of left and we would of had a ladder match for no reason. This way Hardy got the win the fans were filled with joy and went crazy. They got to see their boy win the title and beat Edge.

is creative aware that punk can't win the big one so they give him the MITB contract to win knowing that he isn't credible enough to win it by himself?

I agree with this statment. I think right now they don't feel he can win the big one on his own, so they give him the MITB and have him cash it in at the right opportunity.

If they book him strong this title reign then he'll never need MITB again. His last title reign he was losing, getting his ass kicked, then he lost the title when he wasn't in the match and never got his rematch. He wasn't booked like a champion.

Now he's coming off of two clean victories over Umaga, and hopefully they keep that momentum going for a couple of months.

I doubt Punk will turn heel as Smackdown is really lacking in the "Face" department as Mysterio can only carry the brand for so long before fans get tired of him. I think Punk will remain face and we can get a Punk-Hardy match where Hardy can past the "Hardcore/Extreme/Screaming Little Girls/Painted Face Dorks" Torch to Punk.

Plus Punk as a face can see Punk as a long term Champion as he can feud with:
Edge
Kane
Jericho
Umaga
Benjamin(Possible).

With at least two months per feud, Punk could hold the gold for at least 8 months and maybe keep the gold till WrestleMania 26 where he can lose the belt to John Morrison.

Now I doubt Punk will have a long reign as the WWE loves to give Edge the belt back, so right now I have no clue where Punk is going, but I know one thing for sure, I'm glad the belt is off Edge and Jeff never got to wear it.

hah, did anyone else notice that when Hardy won he didn't seem to care? I couldn't understand why, but he seemed so disinterested in his world title capture. Then it quickly came into focus. Cant imagine how that didn't give it away for me.

CM Punk is begging for a heel turn. Absolutely begging! For God's sake, please make it happen! Last night's cash in of the MITB was a step in the right direction. It was unexpected. And the fact that Punk won was even more unexpected. The reaction of the crowd was perfect. It could not have been scripted any better. People were shocked, stunned and genuinely mad. The stage is set for the Punk heel turn and a potentially great Punk v. Hardy fued. Let's just hope that the WWE creative team runs with this.

I think a Punk/Hardy feud is what people are wanting, it's just that they didn't want to happen THIS way. I was suprised by this sudden cash in, but we were expecting in prior to Judgment Day and slightly forgot with this Umaga feud.

I think it will be a great feud, but I do think that Punk either one has to go heel. Punk would be better but I accept Jeff going back to before his first title win, when it became an obsession. With Edge somewhat leaning towards a face turn with him dropping Vickie, one of these two has to go heel. I think they would go for Hardy given Punk is garenteed to stay!

Sacrificing another innocent goat, I managed to appease the wrestling gods, not once, but twice, in one night. Boy I thought I was in for it with not only Dave Batista winning the WWE title, but then Jeff Hardy comes out and wins the World Title. The horror, the fucking horror.

But alas, the guy that received the prestigious Shocky Stamp of Approval, CM Punk, comes out and assures Jeff Hardy the shortest reign in the World titles history. This is one of the best moments ever, and CM Punk is now my favorite current wrestler, heel or not. I will never boo a Straight Edge Heel over a Drug Junky Baby Face.

CM Punk, FTW.

I think Punk's heel turn was booked last night at ER. I seriously can't think of a better way to get heat on him by having him come out and beat Jeff Hardy for the title so Jeff therefore has an even shorter title reign than last time. Creative really surprised me last night with Extreme Rules and how great and unpredictable it was. Not really much more can be said about Punk's "win" last night other than it is undoubtedly the start of his heel turn because he has a much more heel look anyway and I've been predicting this turn since he won MiTB. Smackdown has officially become the most interesting show to watch after last night even though we all knew it was the best since the draft. Raw will also be interesting too. Batista is out, WTF will Flair do? Will this open the door for him to join Legacy since they no longer have the title, and so friggin desperately need something unpredictable to happen. Tonight's Raw will be very good IMO.

I digressed a little. I said it already... this is the best way to turn Punk heel. Creative did a top notch job last night. Even I was happy Hardy won and I'm not one to cheer for him, but then to have Punk come out and dick Hardy into possibly the shortest title reign ever... epic. Simply. Epic.

He should come out and say the reason he cashed it in, is because he couldn't stand to see someone like Jeff wear the title, someone who has done drugs etc. A world champ should be someone like me who is straight edge, a champ you can look up to.

After extreme rules, all I have to say is: so much for a buildup. I'm just hoping that this will force them to turn Punk heel. Same as it did for Edge when he cashed in on Cena, Hardy pulls off the huge victory that all his fans wanted to see happen just to have Punk come along and give those fans a stiff knee to the face (pun intended) and smash that moment to bits. I have to say I was a bit creeped out when I heard Punk's music hit, my mind immediately shot to this thread.

I didn't watch extreme rules last night and when I heard about what went down I was truly impressed and quite shocked as well. Earlier on raw, they recapped when Punk cashed in MitB in slow motion, and you could just tell by the look on his face when he gave Hardy the GTS and after he held the title in the air that Punk was seething with cockiness and that whole im-better-than-you attitude. Without a doubt, Punk has turned heel, and for the first time in a while I absolutely cannot wait to watch Smackdown on Friday.

Good looks creative, you did something right for a change...

I think after Punk cashing in MITB, surley he has turned heel ?

I think Punk is so much better as a heel, as someone mentioned his promos in ROH make half the WWE guys promos look so poor. Punk as a heel in ROH and the indys worked briliant, he still welded the straight edge lifestyle and maintained a good heel.

But as i said, surley now after the latest cash in he will mold into a heel ?

If you wanted to book Punk heel, the best way would have been at extreme rules and have him cash in the MiTB, but not on Jeff Hardy. Instead he should have cashed it in on Tommy Dreamer, imagine the heat punk would get, Dreamer finally wins the ECW championship and then loses it by a cheap roll up to Punk.

If you wanted to book Punk heel, the best way would have been at extreme rules and have him cash in the MiTB, but not on Jeff Hardy. Instead he should have cashed it in on Tommy Dreamer, imagine the heat punk would get, Dreamer finally wins the ECW championship and then loses it by a cheap roll up to Punk.

There is no chance they EVER use the MITB on the ECW title. Especially in Punk's case, where he's already been there, done that.

Had Punk cashed in on Dreamer and won, the fans would have rushed the ring in a frenzy and we'd still be searching for Punk's body.

In all seriousness, cashing it in on Dreamer would have gained Punk heat and started a feud but I don't think the WWE would have been able to play it out for long.
The main questions would be: Why cash it in on Dreamer? What's the point?

Punk will still get a reasonable amount of heat with what he did at Extreme Rules. Plus, WWE can play Punk's Straight-Edge gimmick against Hardy, something they wouldn't have been able to do against Dreamer.
For that reason (and others) I think that the Punk/Hardy angle will be a bigger draw and longer-lived than a Punk/Dreamer angle ever could be.

Using Punk to rip on Jeff for being a drug addict is ridiculous. It either inspires that only Heels would hate drug heads, or it inspires the idea that everyone should hate on druggies. It goes far beyond the "I'm a heel, and I hate you because you won the title off of me" into something crossing the line. And what drugs did Hardy take? Anything harder than alcohol or weed and the WWE won't even mention it, mark my words. Besides, the children won't think Hardy is bad for taking drugs, they're already in his back pocket as far as the pop goes. Hardy will always have those children. Always.

Back to topic though. This is not a Punk Heel turn. The WWE simply does not know if Hardy is resigning. So, to make most of the dilemma, they made Punk take the title off of Hardy to see if he could get that Heel reaction. Plus, it lends you the grand out that your World Heavyweight Champion can't just up and leave with your championship when he decides not to resign. I missed the PPV, I've been hella sick. Did Punk get that Heel reaction?

And besides, Punk would have to completely rework his moveset. Heels aren't allowed the "5 moves of Doom" as people describe Cena's match ending set. Punk does it too, and as a Heel you're not allowed that. The 5 moves of Doom are meant to get the crowd riled up for the end of the match, because they know it's coming when Cena hits the 5 Knuckle Shuffle or Punk hits his Running Bulldog out of the corner. Punk needs a whole new, anti-pop moveset. Or they could not do that, and have the Heel getting bigger Pops than his Face opponents. Because that makes perfect sense.

Actually Punk got half cheers, half boos. Most of it was cheers.

Punk isn't turning heel, If anyone has noticed during the Triple H/Hardy feud, Triple H was booed since Hardy is always gonna be the emo wrestler that everyone gets behind. Punk may tween for this feud but turn face against somebody else.

I still think they should have had Punk cash it in at Judgement Day instead.

Punk did get more cheers than boos when he cashed in.

I simply don't think that they can keep Punk face, at least not a pure face. The Hardy fanboys are screaming for Punk's blood right now and I think WWE has a good opportunity here to turn Punk heel. It doesn't have to be an "I hate druggies" angle but an "I'm better than Jeff" angle. Punk would basically pick up where Matt Hardy left off.

I just think it'll be hard for WWE to forgo a Punk/Hardy feud though I won't say it's impossible. It would just be a shame for Punk to come out Friday and immediately jump into a feud with, say, Edge. That, to me, would hurt Hardy's credibility.

This week's SmackDown Spoilers:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=39271&p=1

Like I predicted no heel turn in the works, this week. However, I do see Edge turning face since he actually got some cheers during Raw last night.

The reality is this: Jeff Hardy is a Dream Queen. The fans will kiss up to him no matter what, just cause Punk screwed him out of his title doesn't really mean he will turn heel and from how things are on SmackDown...It's not a good idea at all.

Right now, SmackDown is struggling in ratings and I'm pretty sure Punk's title win was made to boost ratings as well since MyNetworkTV is been hemoraging viewers on all of their programs and SmackDown is getting effected.

I am not a C.M. Punk fan, to me his is almost the same character as Jeff Hardy just without the high-flying move set, and moms make-up. Same thing, EMO as fuck. That's all I can think of from either guy "This is a fucking Emo kid that made it in to wrestling" I think they made a mistake with Punk's wrist tape, the cuts are supposed to be on the other side, Hardy wears the long sleeves so you can't see that he's a cutter too. That's about it.

On the actual subject though, I think I could deal with C.M. Punk as a heel. To me he looks more naturally like a heel to begin with, like he could have a real dark side and if her embraced it could be one bad motherfucker. I had heard before that Punk played a very convincing heel role in ROH, maybe they should try it out. I don't care about the details and all the issues and politics around the decision, I think it could work, and might be around the corner at some point.

Punk's emo why? Because he has long hair, or because he looks like he just crawled out of the sewer? It's a good look. It's more grunge than anything.

I did think that everyone was aware that wrestler's don't have gimmicks any more but apparently not. I mean, Triple H is The Game, but I'll be fucked if I actually know what that means.

Punk's emo why? Because he has long hair, or because he looks like he just crawled out of the sewer? It's a good look. It's more grunge than anything.

I pointed out that he seemed almost the same to me as Jeff Hardy who really is like an emo kid hence him being emo too. Also emo kids are ****, kind of like C.M. Punk. I noted the "X's" on his hand tape, look like cuts, get it ??? Ever listen to his entrance music??? the lyrics??? It was a joke???It just went way over the head, I get it.

I did think that everyone was aware that wrestler's don't have gimmicks any more but apparently not. I mean, Triple H is The Game, but I'll be fucked if I actually know what that means.

Oh they don't??? How so? Every character has a gimmick. Punk is "Hardcore-Straight Edge" that's his gimmick. Jeff Hardy is "The Charismatic Enigma" that's his gimmick. Chris Jericho is.....A really pissed off Chris Jericho, that's his gimmick. Batista is "The Animal" that's his gimmick and so on and so on.

Since you don't get "The Game" I'll explain that for you. It means he is the main guy everyone wants to go after. Ever heard of "big game hunting" ? Well he is The Game . I remember he made the point in a segment with Shawn Michaels during their feud around 02 when Shawn came back. He said "I used to be the hunter(how ironic), now I am the hunted, now I am The Game" Make sense now???

Oh they don't??? How so? Every character has a gimmick. Punk is "Hardcore-Straight Edge" that's his gimmick.

That's a name. It doesn't actually mean anything. At least in the indies he played on it. He mentions it once in a blue moon in the WWE.

Jeff Hardy is "The Charismatic Enigma" that's his gimmick.

Odd, considering he's neither charismatic nor enigmatic.

Since you don't get "The Game" I'll explain that for you. It means he is the main guy everyone wants to go after. Ever heard of "big game hunting" ? Well he is The Game .

The sarcasm was OK up until this point. Keep some subtlety, man! You might as well hang signs that say "I'm being sarcastic" around this bit.

I remember he made the point in a segment with Shawn Michaels during their feud around 02 when Shawn came back. He said "I used to be the hunter(how ironic), now I am the hunted, now I am The Game" Make sense now???

I remember when Triple H said "it's time to play the Game". Therefore, he's a videogame. Or a board game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back