• Neverwinter Nights

• Rock Band 2

• Super Mario Galaxy

• Theme Hospital

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Banjo-Tooie (N64)
Deus Ex Machina (ZX Spectrum)
Golden Sun
Madden NFL 11
Neverwinter Nights (PC)
Rock Band 2
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Theme Hospital (PC)

Ooh, now this is a tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with Banjo-Tooie. I know Golden Sun is amazing, but I'm picking Banjo-Tooie for a simple reason:

Banjo-Kazooie is in the tournament, and Banjo-Tooie is better than Banjo-Kazooie in every conceivable way.

Seriously! Gameplay modes, levels, dialogue, transformation, features, story, challenges, everything that Banjo-Kazooie did, Banjo-Tooie made a hundred times better. It became more than just a really good 3D platformer, but something of its own with gameplay changes, excellently designed levels, and overall more polish than the original Banjo-Kazooie.

Vote for it!

I voted for Rock Band 2 because simply I don't think I've ever had more fun playing a game than with Rock Band 2. When I first bought it; me, my sisters, my girlfriend, my friends, and even my mom were addicted to this game for a solid 2 months. It may not be the best or most revolutionary game ever, considering it's pretty much Rock Band and Guitar Hero with some minor improvements; but I had so much goddamn fun playing this game with my friends and family. Isn't that what games are about? Having fun?

I love Golden Sun, Banjo Tooie, and Madden. But Rock Band 2 brought managed to bring my family together almost every other night for about 2 months without fighting and being happy and having fun the whole time. I can't say that about any other game.

Super Mario Galaxy takes my vote here because of it being one of the few games amazing enough to earn a 10 out of 10. Golden Sun, Neverwinter Nights, and Rock Band 2 all are good and deserve mentioning.... but are nowhere near as great as Super Mario Galaxy 2. It redefined the platforming genre by taking the genre where it had to go, in a different direction with nearly flawless controls and gameplay. Nothing else in this poll stands a chance if you ask me.

I voted for Deus Ex Machina, but in retrospect, SMG definitely deserves to go over here. Mario games certainly seem to be getting better and better. What with SMG being called one of the best Mario games ever created, it says a lot considering Mario might as well be called the mascot of the entire video game industry, let alone only Nintendo.

Deus Ex Machina was my token accident vote for the tournament, considering I confused it for "Deus Ex".

I voted for Super Mario Galaxy.

If Epic Mickey proved anything last year it is that it is very hard to create a 3D platformer that is flawless in both design and execution. Super Mario Galaxy had brilliant gameplay that wasn't hampered by a broken camera, while at the same time delivering numerous different levels (galaxies) that were visually marvelous, innovative gameplay mechanics that perfected motion sensor controls like no game before it(from rolling on a ball to surfing on a sting-ray), and even let you play through the entire game as Luigi. On top of all that (and most importantly) it was really, really fun to play.

The only reason I can think of not to vote for Super Mario Galaxy is if Super Mario Galaxy 2 is already in the tournament. Even then, this game still deserves its spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back