• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be honest their best buy was Craig Gordon from Hearts, great goalkeeper. I think many people think they will stay up beacuase Roy Keane is their manager. Yet to be convinced by that.

Who knows maybe he will pull on the boots if they struggle!!

But Gordon's a good keeper for Hearts...There's a huge difference between Scottish and English premier leagues.

But he is also an International keeper, he is only 24. Trust me Craig Gordon is a very very good keeper.

Whens kick off!?!

Personally I think derby sunderland and wigan will go down too.

sunderland top of the league!?

Amazing lol so jammy to get it in the last minute, but very funny cos thats the only minute i watched in the 2nd half :p

And what's even funnier was it's a geordie who scored for them.

I really have no problem with today's result. As anyone who watched it will know, this was a fantastic performance, and I really don't think there's anything to be ashamed for. Sure, Chelsea 3-2 Birmingham. And? We played brilliantly, and Oliver Kapo's goal was simply brilliant. He's gonna kick some ass.

Defo job well done there Cola. Arsenal just managed a win as well, Man U drew at home with reading, and we're top of the league!

And I do believe it's a happy birthday.

OK, the kick-off weekend is over. Mid-week predictions anyone?

Tuesday 14th
Tottenham vs Everton

Wednesday 15th
Manchester City vs Derby
Fulham vs Bolton
Pourtsmouth vs Manchester United
Birmingham vs Sunderland (I'm going... first home game :))
Wigan vs Middlesbrough
Reading vs Chelsea

I'm officially annoyed. That Reading match was a disgrace and showed exactly how we can be beaten. I'm not going to get on Fergies back or anything because of one bad result but I think he has made a mistake in the transfer market this year. While I'm sure players like Anderson and Nani will come good for us (not that Anderson was even involved) and that Tevez will be superb for us... but its the fact that we really dont need someone like Tevez all that much. He is way too similar to Rooney as a player and you cant have the both of them in the team at the same time. Fergie needed to go out and get a goal scorer something we have missed since Ruud left. Someone like Ruud would have completed the team... and while I'm sure we will do well this season and probably win the league again I fear without an out an out goalscorer we are going to struggle in the Champions League.

but its the fact that we really dont need someone like Tevez all that much. He is way too similar to Rooney as a player and you cant have the both of them in the team at the same time

Well don't worry, you won't have a problem. Rooney's out until October.

Haha lol. Yea and we just squeezed three points out too. Good free kick mind...

Mid week predictions:
Tuesday 14th
Tottenham vs Everton

Wednesday 15th
Manchester City vs Derby
Fulham vs Bolton
Pourtsmouth vs Manchester United
Birmingham vs Sunderland
Wigan vs Middlesbrough
Reading vs Chelsea

Should be a good un while we qualify for CL

No way in hell are Sunderland going to beat us. I'm sitting in the Tilton, and i'm gonna watch the goals fly into the goal straight in front of me. Did you see the performance against Chelsea? We're gonna flatten Sunderland.

Mid week predictions:
Tuesday 14th
Tottenham vs Everton

Wednesday 15th
Manchester City vs Derby
Fulham vs Bolton
Portsmouth vs Manchester United
Birmingham vs Sunderland
Wigan vs Middlesbrough
Reading vs Chelsea

Brum will beat Sunderland because; they played well against chelsea, sunderland got a lucky goal in against a mediocre Spurs side and played rubbish all game. Birmingham also have home advantage, plus I'm a geordie so no how crap SUnderland are and what damage Birmingham can do!

That and Brucey a Geordie so would want to stuff the Makems!

Flame, you've made the wotdoiput mistake. Are Wigan and Middlesborough both winning that match?

Ouch

Spurs at home beaten by Everton 3-1 that's pretty nasty. To think that this time last week they were favourites for fourth. Means Evertons top of the league now!

Another interesting day for football...results

Tuesday 14th
Tottenham vs Everton

Wednesday 15th
Manchester City vs Derby
Fulham vs Bolton
Pourtsmouth vs Manchester United OH YEAH!
Birmingham vs Sunderland One simple task :(
Wigan vs Middlesbrough
Reading vs Chelsea they're a bit shaky at the back like!

That was the biggest waste of 15 quid ever. A fairly good performance at the front, but the defending was absolute and utter shite. O'Conner looks to be hopeful though.

Ah well. Better luck Saturday. Bring on the Hammers!

One simple task, seriously the pub went ballistic when they found sunderland had scored in the 90th min!

If I'm right I think they're the only team to keep a clean sheet this season, that's quite something when we've only played 2 games.

The big topic is what about defending champs Man U, sitting 12th and having only played Reading and Portsmouth. That's quite shocking.

Chelsea have had 2 games with 2 almost upsets, how long can they keep this up?

And injuries, Gerrard and Rooney are both out, how will that affect Liverpool and Man U?

Ok here's this weeks predictions. Lets try and get a bit more banter going on here as well.

Saturday, 18 August 2007
Birmingham v West Ham, 15:00
Fulham v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Newcastle v Aston Villa, 17:15
Portsmouth v Bolton, 12:45
Reading v Everton, 15:00
Tottenham v Derby, 15:00
Wigan v Sunderland, 15:00
Sunday, 19 August 2007
Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00
Liverpool v Chelsea, 16:00
Man City v Man Utd, 13:30

West Ham are just poor and I fancy a brum victory here, I watched the Boro game last night and they were terrible. Newcastle FTW as ever, although theyhaven't actually scored at home in a competitive game since Feb (2-1 against pool). Bolton are just terrible so far this season and Portsmouth were unluck not to win last night, reading and everton are both doing well but am seeing this as a draw. Spurs to finally get a point against Derby, top 4 side my bum! Arsenal to beat Blackburns obvious. I'm going with Liverpool over Chelsea because Chelsea are looking shakey. City are on form, United aren't, first loss for United this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back