• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Sorry if this has been posted, I thought it had but I can't find it.

What are everyones predictions for the weekend?

Aston Villa v Liverpool,
Bolton v Newcastle,
Derby v Portsmouth,
Everton v Wigan,
Middlesbrough v Blackburn,
Sunderland v Tottenham,
West Ham v Man City,

Arsenal v Fulham,
Chelsea v Birmingham,
Man Utd v Reading,

My wins are in bold, draws in italics. I can't see west ham or sunderland doing well even though they have bough a few decent players.

Oh no you didn't just say that!

We should definetly keep this thread around for the entire season, renewing it with each upcoming set of matches.

Same formula as Flame, wins in bold, draws in italics.

Aston Villa v Liverpool,
Bolton v Newcastle,
Derby v Portsmouth,
Everton v Wigan,
Sunderland v Tottenham,
West Ham v Man City,

Arsenal v Fulham,
Chelsea v Birmingham,
Man Utd v Reading,

Yeah, Chelsea/Birmingham's in Italics. That's right. Oh yeah. I'm saying 1-1, goals from Andrie Shevchenko (Chelski) and Liam Ridgewell (Blues)

And 20 points for picking newcastle FTW.

Thought you'd be happy with that one.

Don't get too comfortable though, Blues are coming to get'cha! 5-1 last time my boy, and this time, we're not gonna give you the 1!

Booyah!

KRO, Colamania. (KRO, which I will use in all of my posts in here from now on, stands for Keep Right On, which is the Birmingham fans' main song. Along with Shit on the Villa, obviously.

yeah but a lot has happened in a year, Newcastle have been pretty good in pre season, some good buys, a good manager, new owners, new chairman.

Col, your are still on about Chelsea and Birmingham drawing? I doubt it. If they draw I would have to say chances of Chelsea contneding with Man U this year are slim. Birmhingham suck. Ok Ill follow the same format.

Aston Villa v Liverpool,
Bolton v Newcastle,
Derby v Portsmouth,
Everton v Wigan,
Sunderland v Tottenham,
West Ham v Man City,
Arsenal v Fulham,
Chelsea v Birmingham,
Man Utd v Reading

Reactions: Lee
are both sunderland and spurs winning? or is it a draw?

You fucked up on that one wot. Haha.

On a serious note, yes I do think they can draw. Last time we played, it finished 0-0, why can't we draw again? Blues are a good team against quality opposition. That's always been our downfall in the prem. I mean, one season, we beat Liverpool 2 out of 2, beat Villa 2 out of 2, and lost to Crystal Palace 2 out of 2. We perform against the big boys, and fuck up against the lower quality opposition. That's always been how we roll in the prem. So yes, I do think a draw is possible. Hell, i'll go as far as to say probable.

KRO. Colamania

I can't see it happening myself, though I could eat my words come Sunday. Chelsea have a lot to prove after last weeks draw with Man U so they'll come out guns a blazing...

But then again Brum in the prem again against Chelski they want to make a big impact....but it is away though.

Yeah I fucked up, changed htough. No way in hell Sunderland beats Spurs. Least they got an ok keeper to get the ball out of the back of the net.

Chelsea will not lose or draw. If they are serious about winning the title, then they will demolish Birmingham. They have some injuries, but just look at the depth of their squad. Birmingham in imo will be doing very well this season if the avoid the drop.

Yeah I fucked up, changed htough. No way in hell Sunderland beats Spurs. Least they got an ok keeper to get the ball out of the back of the net.

HAHA It's funny cos it's true, if only I hadn't have just repped you you would have got another one just for that.

Sunderland are a championship team, always were, always will be.

If you add their points total from their last two premiership runs they still would have got relegated the last time they went down.

Yeah, I have no idea why Craig Gordon went there. I guess its an improvement on being at Hearts, but really. He is 24, a good young keeper and really will it do his rep any good to be in a team that gets monstered every game?

Oh yeah and they are trying to get Mido. He would wanna go there why??

Sunderland have been linked with anyone and everyone. The latest news had Brum after Mido. I'm concerned that Given's injured for Newcastle with Tim Krul going off to Falkirk and teh only cover for Harper is 19 year old Fraser Foster who's not really proved himself.

What's your team wotdoiput?

Losing Shay will be a big loss for Newcastle. But hey you have added a good Aussie in the Dukes, so you will be right.

Me? Im a Liverpool fan.

Liverpool? Can't argue with that, if I wasn't a Blues fan, Liverpool are my second team. Family connections (my grandma was from Liverpool) plus Stevie Gerrard, not to mention a certain Mr. Pennant. Former Blue. Now playing v.well for you lot.

Blues gave up on Mido 2 weeks ago. Get with the times. We've signed Quedreue and Ridgewell recently, plus 7 other signings over the summer so far, including Garry O'Connor and Oliver Kapo.

The squad photo (released today):

Blluessquad07-08.jpg

I dont really like that kit for birmingham... Im a liverpool fan too.

Aston Villa v Liverpool,
Bolton v Newcastle,
Derby v Portsmouth,
Everton v Wigan,
Sunderland v Tottenham,
West Ham v Man City,
Arsenal v Fulham,
Chelsea v Birmingham,
Man Utd v Reading

Draws are for indecisive ppl lol.

Fantasy league anyone? Ive got an account and I did this last season for a forum and I was wondering if there were enough fans on here to make one for wz?

I'll go for a fantasy league, sure. Flame and wot will probably be in as well.

How dare you insult the legendary penguin kit. This thing is a Birmingham icon!

The Premiership doesn't intrest me. I only support lowly Stoke. We'll be lucky if we stay in the Championship this year. I watch the ocasional match but I stick to lower divisions. They appear to be a bit more open to me.

Well, Stoke did ok last year. I think you could get a playoff place this year. With a bit of luck.

We'll be lucky to get top 10 IMO, but it could happen. I don't think we'll go down though. That's reserved for Derby, West Ham and Wigan.

West Ham? West Ham going down? I cant see that myself. They have added Bellamy, Parker and Freddie Ljunnberg. Added with Dean Ashton perhaps coming back from injury, and getting some more games out of some of their january pickups in Lucas Neil, Luis Boa Morte. I think West Ham should stay up.

If your Lucky? Gee Col wasnt long ago that you were damn sure that you would finsih in the top 10.

^^^^ Funniest thing i've hard all day. West Ham will definately stay up. As for the 3 teams to get relegated i'll go for Derby, Birmingham and Wigan. Also Sheffield U to get relegated from the fizzy pop league.

Arsenal v Fulham
Aston Villa V Liverpool
Bolton v Newcastle
Chelsea V Birmingham
Derby v Portsmouth
Everton V Wigan
Man U v Reading
Middlesbrough v Blackburn
Sunderland v Tottenham
West Ham v Man City

Come on u irons!

As for who I think will go down. Its hard until you see how the season unfolds, then you have to way up the injuries that could happen. Plus there is always one surprise packet.

But to me going down ae Wigan, Derby and Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back