• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnant teens: Does coming from a wealthy family justify them having a kid?

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
I went to the grocery store this morning. As I got out of my car and started walking towards the entrance, I noticed two young pregnant girls walking out of the store. I stopped and started to politely chat with the two. One of the girls looked like she was ready to pop any second and the other girl looked liked she had a few weeks left to go. Out of curiosity I asked the smaller girl how old she was, 17 was her reply. Her friend told me that she was 16 and would be 17 in a couple of weeks :rolleyes: I wished the girls good luck and went on my way. I turned around one last time to see the two girls get into an expensive looking beamer (BMW, for those of you that don't know cars) and drive off. I have no doubt that that car was bought and given to the girl that was driving it by her parents, and she, just like her friend, were probably receiving alot of support from their parents for the births of their children.

I have noticed an influx of pregnant teens in that area recently. For those of you familiar with the City of Nashville, I am talking about the area of Brentwood, which is a populated area full of high income families. Families that live in this region of Nashville have an average income of $250,000 to $500,000 or more per year. And I have no doubt that many of these suburban teens (and their boyfriends) that are pregnant do come from wealthy families. The question was that I asked myself was that I wondered if some of these girls (and their boyfriends) felt that because they came from wealthy families, it gave them an excuse to be sexually active. If the girl made a mistake and got pregnant or if a guy knocked up his girlfriend, they assumingly would have the support of their wealthy families to back them.

As far as the parents go in this situation, I personally feel that parents do what they can to try and teach their children good morals and good ethics, and since they can't be everywhere at once and know whats going on with their teens 24/7 they trust their children to use good judgment, and unfortunately, shit happens sometimes.

I am against teenage pregnancy, I don't feel that most young teens are mature enough to handle the responsibility of raising a child, especially if girls are getting pregnant on purpose or, in this case, if they are sexually active and accidentally get pregnant and use the wealth that their parents have for a free ride.

So whats the opinion on this? If a teen is from a wealthy family, does that give her an excuse and something to fall back on if she were to get knocked up if she was sexually active? Despite the parents inabilities from keeping their children from procreating, do they send their children a bad message by spending a large amount of money by helping their children raise their children? Or would it be a better message sent if these parents not give their children any money and let them fend for themselves?

Discuss

Well sociologically people of wealthy backgrounds do not reproduce early in their lives as compared to those from backgrounds below the poverty level. That being said, recently in the news there was a story about how teenagers who had a pregnant friend who gave birth heard from her that it was wonderful expierence. Wanting to duplicate this, they appealed to a homeless man to impregnate them. When this had come out, these girls from higher statues had been knocked up, in comparison to those from poorer backgrounds, people began to ask why. One of the common topics was the movie 'Juno', which they claim encourages young teens to become pregnant. What do you think of this?

Well though it's still wrong, teenage pregnancy is never due to the effects that it could have on the mother trying to raise and support a child. However, the main problem pointed out to pregnant teens is "how are you planning on support yourself and another individual" and since most teenage pregnancies happen at mid income to poverty levels, that is a huge factor. However if the parents come from a high income background, and they have the support of their parents then that problem is eliminated.

Though, there are disadvantages to this, it creates a huge level of dependency on the parents from the pregnant teen, and they don't learn to stand on their own feet so to say and they don't feel the consequences of the action which may cause it to happen again and again.

I love it how kids around my age think its cool or ok to have sex and get pregnate at an eirly age. Ritch or not the kids should be punished in my eyes. I WILL NOT take care of my daughter or sons child if they have it as a teenager, Or in there 20's or 30's. As my mom has said. I'm not a fucking babysitter, I'm a parent.

I think ritch parrents and familys, Do give there kids a little to bit much credit. Ohhh there angel's They would never drink or smoke pot or have sex. Cut to 2 months later, Mom I'm pregnate. I was talking to my mom about this kinda stuff the other day. And when she was a kid the parrents would literaly shun the daughter or son. Thats not totaly right. But damn a little self controll would be nice. OR a fucking condom. There cheep, Like 4.50 a 6 pack, Worth the investment if you ask me.

What the fuck is wrong with people these days. What happend to people carring about there damn kids? I'm going to bring up britney spears little sister. Whatver the fuck her name is. She was pregnate at 16, And had her kid at 17. AND SHE TOLD A FUCKING MAG? Wares the self controll of people? I know sooner or later with all the people taking pics of her It woulda got out. But damn she tells a teen beat or whatever the fuck mag she had it's pics in when she was preggo and gave them pics. What happened to punishment? What happened to a fucking court trial the dude was 18 and she was 16, Is'nt that some sort of rape?

I just really don't know whats wrong with people anymore, Everyone wants a kid. And thats cool. Just fucking wait till you have a husband or whife and a job. At least a job. I take alot of shit in my school for being a virgin. But who the hell cares. I don't want a fucking kid or an std. Studys have shown that 1 out of every 4 teenage girls from 13 to 19 now have at least one std. At least wrap your shit for that reason. No one wants a toadstool dick do they?

I think parents are sending their kids the wrong message. They are saying that whenever they get in trouble there will be no circumstances. If those parent bought them a car then maybe their going to buy them a nanny to take care of the baby. Parents need to realize that if they keep bailing their child out(no matter what the circumstance)then they will grow up to no be self-sufficient. This girls probably think its a joke that they got pregnant because unlike some young mother who are poor this girls dont have to worry about feeding their babies or anything.

I think parents are sending their kids the wrong message. They are saying that whenever they get in trouble there will be no circumstances. If those parent bought them a car then maybe their going to buy them a nanny to take care of the baby. Parents need to realize that if they keep bailing their child out(no matter what the circumstance)then they will grow up to no be self-sufficient. This girls probably think its a joke that they got pregnant because unlike some young mother who are poor this girls dont have to worry about feeding their babies or anything.

I think you mean consequences there, and yes that is true, when parents bail out their children like that, who's to say that they'll ever learn? Who says that they won't do it again? What's stopping them. However, isn't their number one priority the baby? And making sure the baby is well taken care of, a nanny isn't needed, the teen could learn to take care of a child. But picture you were that baby, wouldn't you rather be born to a financially stable household? Ensures the best growth possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back