• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Praise Beysus!!!

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
:( :( :( :( So happppppppppppy!
The grammy nominations were just released. They are not as special as they once were but are still seen by the public and the industry as the top music awards.

And of course the original Ms. Sasha Fierce was the most nominated :)
10 Nominations, she slay's the competition. Album, Record, Song, and many others. Such a good day to be a "Bee" stan!

Beyoncé tops the nominations with 10, Taylor Swift garners eight, and the Black Eyed Peas, Maxwell, and Kanye West each earn six nods. Guetta, Jay-Z and Lady Gaga receive five each; and Colbie Caillat, Michael Giacchino, Kings Of Leon, John Newton, RedOne, Bruce Springsteen,and Keith Urban each have four nominations.

"The nominations this year truly reflect the talented community of music makers who represent some of the highest levels of excellence in their respective fields," said Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy. "Once again, the GRAMMY Awards process has yielded a well-rounded and diverse group of impressive nominees across multiple genres. Coupled with the second year of our primetime nominations special, which featured stellar performances by past GRAMMY winners and nominees, the road to Music's Biggest Night and the 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards in January is off to an exciting start."

Shout out to Carrie Underwood who got two nominations!

To Carrie, who's album wasn't released in time...

So, her last album still gets nominated? Awesome.

Maybe Beyonce will make a song with more than 12 words next time. :lmao: :icon_wink:

losing 10 times in one night is going to suck for her.

Like when the New Jersey Devils lost to the Canucks 5-2 tonight.

Category 17

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

* War Machine
AC/DC
Track from: Black Ice
[Columbia]

* Check My Brain
Alice In Chains
[Virgin]

* What I've Done
Linkin Park
Track from: Road To Revolution: Live At Milton Keynes
[Warner Bros.]

* The Unforgiven III
Metallica
Track from: Death Magnetic
[Warner Bros.]

* Burn It To The Ground
Nickelback
Track from: Dark Horse
[Roadrunner Records]

I loved The Unforgiven 3, but All Nightmare Long & Suicide and Redemption were far better songs.

I disliked Metallica's entire album.
Interesting. Which album was your favorite? Mine was Ride The Lightning.

I loved Death Magnetic because it was the closest thing to MOP and RTL that they've done in 20 years.

Category 18

Best Metal Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

* Dissident Aggressor
Judas Priest
Track from: A Touch Of Evil — Live
[Epic]

* Set To Fail
Lamb Of God
Track from: Wrath
[Epic]

* Head Crusher
Megadeth
Track from: Endgame
[Roadrunner Records]

* Señor Peligro
Ministry
Track from: Adios...
[13th Planet]

* Hate Worldwide
Slayer
[American / Columbia]
John 5, Metallica, and Killswitch Engage weren't even nominated. Lame. I hope Slayer takes this one though.

Do people actually like Jay-Z? I don't think he's even that good of a rapper; he's all right. By default, he's the most overrated rapper ever.

I'm not sure what album I like the most. Probably the Black Album. I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, just a few songs. I lked the song "Suicide and Redemption" from the new album. I think that's the one. But overall the album just kinda bores me.

Worst song in history..
Every song that Nickleback has ever produced can be nominated for that distinction. I'm glad they didn't make an Enter Sandman 2.

'm not sure what album I like the most. Probably the Black Album. I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, just a few songs. I lked the song "Suicide and Redemption" from the new album. I think that's the one. But overall the album just kinda bores me.
That was a good album. I'm a die hard fan of Metallica's music, Lars is a complete asshole though.

τδιγλε;1552073 said:
Do people actually like Jay-Z? I don't think he's even that good of a rapper; he's all right. By default, he's the most overrated rapper ever.

His new album was great. Already Home, Empire State of Mind, Death of Autotune, Young Forever are amazing songs. Especially Young Forever.

MAster of Puppets is probably the best, though I have always been a fan of ..And Justice for All

I remember when I first listened to Death Magnetic, I'd never been more optimistic about an album before. My first thoughts after listening to the album were "THE KINGS ARE BACK!" I listened to that album so many times when it first came out, and I still listen to it almost every week.

And Jay-Z is lame. Never liked his music much.

How can you say The Unforgiven III sucked? In my eyes it was the best of those songs. People put so much shit the band just because they bitch about Napster and "sold out" to the mainsteam doesn't mean their music sucks. They are way better than most of todays rock bands. Bands like Nickelback, Fallout Boy, Panic At The Disco and those goddammed Jonas Brothers (How dare they say they're rockers!).

τδιγλε;1552073 said:

I like his singles, don't like too much that I've heard when I've gone deeper though.

Alice in Chains better get best Hard Rock Performance.

How can you say The Unforgiven III sucked? In my eyes it was the best of those songs. People put so much shit the band just because they bitch about Napster and "sold out" to the mainsteam doesn't mean their music sucks. They are way better than most of todays rock bands. Bands like Nickelback, Fallout Boy, Panic At The Disco and those goddammed Jonas Brothers (How dare they say they're rockers!).

You have to admit, Load and Reload sucked balls compared to MOP, RTL, Justice and Kill Em All.

It sucked. As well as the shit you listed. And I didnt say shit about them selling out, so perhaops that is your own personal problem.

You have to admit, Load and Reload sucked balls compared to MOP, RTL, Justice and Kill Em All.

True. However my favorite album has to be S&M. A copilation of their best songs combined with the awesome San Francisco orchestra.

It sucked. As well as the shit you listed. And I didnt say shit about them selling out, so perhaops that is your own personal problem.

That's what I like. I can't help it. Your entitled to your opinion, so I'm not gonna argue about it.

Ugh this thread is supposed to be about praising Beyonce! Glad I stan for the best! Currently Beyonce holds the record for the most wins in one night by a female(tied with Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill Alison Krauss, Dixie Chicks, and Amy Winehouse). And with 10 nominations she ties Lauryn Hill with the most nods!

I am Sasha Fierce, album of the year nominated! Her first AOTY nod!

w.jpg

"I swear it's Deja Vu".

The nominess this year are actually decent. Mostly mainstream, but I'm glad U2 got snubbed from the General Fields. New Artist is pretty lame, but I'm hoping for Ms. Keri Baby, or MGMT!

She was just named artist of the decade, just got her 8th hit single from the album, and now 10 Grammy nominations(she also has 10 awards at home). Oh my :) Long live Sasha Fierce

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back