• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PPV event suggestion- All rematches from the last PPV-- with Specialty stipulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Pre-Show Stalwart
Now I know you guys don't like themed ppvs, and this idea of mine isn't too much beter then bragging rights, or breaking point, or Hell in a cell, but I think its a decent idea that fits with the concept that wwe creative teams been going for.

That's just one word....Rematch.

Basicly a re-do of the previous pay per view competitions. Say John Cena beats Randy Orton for the title, Randy annouces the new ppv, and says the loser of each match from last month, get's to pick the match stipulation for this ppv (that's wwe's decision, they can just make it bland and have the same stipulations.)

I gusse it can be a little bland, seeing the same people from last month fighting each other again, but basicly we see that anyways.

What do you guys think?

And you don't really want to know how I came up with this, a coconut didn't just fall on my head and there it was.

Eh, it could have some potential but really all your offering is a replay of the last pay per view. The fans of wrestling like seeing rematches but not of every match they see. I think if you modified it to incorporate any and all rivalries then it could be much better. You could have your Orton versus Cena rematch but just imagine HBK turning heel and telling HHH he wanted a rematch of their 2004 Hell in a Cell match and then on smackdown Batista saying he wanted a rematch with Taker from their Last man standing match. It would create more buzz with rivalries people actually liked then seeing Chavo and Honry going at it two ppv's in a row.

In my opinion, I think this is a terrible idea. You may as well call it "Creative couldn't be fucked to think of anything new so here's the same match card from last month".

What would you have to look forward to? How dull would it be to see exactly the same rivalries take place throughout the whole show to lead to another PPV?

It can be good to see a rematch of 1 match at the following PPV if the feud still has some more to give, but a whole card repeated? I wouldn't like to see it

Lord sidious! please delete this thread! this is the worst idea I've ever heard. But while I'm here, might as well dance.

This would be the most lame ppv "theme" ever conceived. Even worse than bragging rights. Even If it were rematches of bouts from long ago, It would only show that creative not only can't come up with anything new, but it would also show that they are relying on nostalgia.

MODERATOR COMMENTS (Lord Sidious)

This particular Thread Starter enjoys starting threads on just about any topic ... and has had several threads moved already due to the thread topics chosen. I thought it best to leave one of them up so he can see for himself how well it does and see the types of responses. But we'll keep it up for a while and see if we discover any variances. Keep in mind that if you don't like the thread topic chosen, that is one of the thing Red Reputation is used for ... to show you don't approve of something the poster does.

WWE already uses this format: Backlash....Besides how many times did we see Jericho/Mysterio, Orton/Cena, Punk/Hardy? Some of these were great matches, don't get me wrong but we don't need another "Backlash." I think a "Breakout" or "Breakthrough" PPV like the RAW show would be kind of cool.

I don't like this idea, I think that maybe...just maybe it'd work if it can be a rematch of say any year...maybe someone holds a grudge or someone wants a title rematch or maybe someone can say why not have a match with so and so so we can give today's audience a classic match. Maybe they can use this for a surprise return...ex. the rock vs triple h....maybe DX can be in the ring cutting a promo for the ppv, at this point wwe would have had to be teasing a dx break up...and triple h says something like " shawn, wo am I suppose to face?

Everyone in the back likes me. You like me, don't ya shawn?" Triple H and shawn have a stare down. Then out of nowhere...The Rock's music hits and he challenges Triple H before cutting a promo about how he's at home about to fall asleep because H is all blah blah blah and he won't let the rock's fans be forced to listen to this...it'd never happen but hey...I can hope WWE is entertaining again 1 day

Call me completely crazy, but doesn't WWE basically do this already from one month to the next? Especially as pointed out ... with Backlash being all rematches from Wrestlemania, usually with a special stip?

Most PPV's usually feature recycled matches of some nature from about 70% of the matches from the month prior. But we want to take it to the next level and do ALL Rematches? Honestly this is the worst idea I have ever heard for a themed PPV event. Absolutely, utterly horrendous. Complete lack of Creativity on your part .... WWE Creative would absolutely love it!

Judgement Day 2009 Results
1 Umaga defeated CM Punk
2 Christian (c) defeated Jack Swagger for the ECW Championship
3 John Morrison defeated Shelton Benjamin (with Charlie Haas)
4 Rey Mysterio (c) defeated Chris Jericho Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
5 Batista defeated Randy Orton (c) by disqualification Singles match for the WWE Championship
6 John Cena defeated The Big Show
7 Edge (c) defeated Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship

Extreme Rules Results

1 Kofi Kingston (c) defeated Montel Vontavious Porter, William Regal and Matt Hardy Fatal Four-Way match for the WWE United States Championship
2 Chris Jericho defeated Rey Mysterio (c) No Holds Barred match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
3 CM Punk defeated Umaga Samoan Strap match
4 Tommy Dreamer defeated Christian (c) and Jack Swagger Triple Threat Hardcore match for the ECW Championship
5 Santina Marella defeated Vickie Guerrero (c) and Chavo Guerrero Handicap Hog Pen match for the title of "Miss WrestleMania"
6 Batista defeated Randy Orton (c)[28] Steel Cage match for the WWE Championship
7 John Cena defeated The Big Show[29] Submission match
8 Jeff Hardy defeated Edge (c)Ladder match for the World Heavyweight Championship
9 CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy (c)

There's your rematch PPV right there. 5 of the 7 matchs that happened at JD happened again at ER, a 6th match had an extra person added to it. Morrison vs Benjamin was the only match not to carry over.

So you have to look at it this way? How did that PPV go over with the fans? I personally enjoyed it, but I noticed almost right off the bat that it was a rematch PPV, and like it's been said, with PPVs being so close together lately, almost every PPV is bound to have at least 1 rematch from the last.

Well, actually, there is already something like that...What do u think the relationship between Backlash and Wrestlemania is?

Totally shit idea. Why would anyone buy the PPV before if they knew the scores would really be settled a month later? What's the point in that. To the extent that you could do it, as an aftermath revue sort of thing, they have Backlash, to do exactly what you say is essentially throwing one of your PPVs into the toilet.

I think this would be a bad idea because a PPV with a rematch of the entire card of the last PPV just doesn't seem very interesting at all. Why get excited over a match you just saw a month ago, let alone 6 to 8 matches from a month ago? Even with Backlash being mostly Wrestlemania rematches at least SOMETHING on the card is usually different. This idea might sound good in written form, but trust me it would be terrible in PPV form and the event would probably struggle to get anywhere near as many buys as the show before it. Most fans would probably say "Oh, but I just SAW these matches! I'll skip this PPV". There go most of the buys for the show, and WWE would lose a lot of money. That doesn't sound like a risk they would be willing to take.

This is a bad idea and I don't see it working, but like said before, sometimes rematches work if there's more to give. honestly I don't think a feud should go past 2 ppv matches unless its really good then sometimes 3.

When you think about it, that would mean the ppv before it would suck pretty bad too.
Because it means...

No ending career matches
No matches with injuries.
No money in the bank match. (or a wrestler would have to wrestle twice)

So it would be a predictible and horrible ppv imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back