Posting in the NSW sections (venting)

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
(This is kind of a meta-discussion, so I apologize if this belongs in general spam discussion)

So I can't bring myself to post in the NSW section.

Simply because it doesn't really feel like a discussion half the time. Just people repeating sentiments that have already been posted in the thread. Most of the forum threads are yes/no questions, or "what do you think?" They'll tell everyone what they think, but there's never any real discussion. It's just "I agree," or "I disagree," with some half-assed explanation that only exists to appease the forum rules.

When I get to a thread, usually it's already 3-4 pages long, and generally starts with the original post, a decent first reply by either a mod or a known/respected name on this forum, and then 15-20 badly-typed replies by a bunch of guys with 3-15 posts on the forum, all repeating the same sentiment.

I can't bring myself to reply to a thread, repeating what someone else has already said, without simply saying, "I agree with what those six guys have already said," and I can't even do that. It's probably why I have about 236 (after this thread) posts in my 4 years of being here (on top of my giant prison sentence, but we won't get into that).

You see actual discussion in the spam sections and the general discussion sectons, because they consist of people actually conversing and interacting with each other, as opposed to simply agreeing or disagreeing with a statement.

It's not anything that's particularly anyone's fault, nor is it inherently a bad thing for someone to post their opinion and ask whether or not people disagree. The only problem I have is my level of posting. I don't want to be the guy to raise my post count simply by posting in every thread, even ones that aren't interesting, with bullshit that's quite frankly shallow.

Does anyone else find it a chore to post in the wrestling sections of this forum for this reason or any other reason?

I mean, the post count doesn't really matter to me. I like to interact with people, generally, which is why I spend most of my time either in the spam sections, where I can do that more freely (I can post things that get my point across very well that would go over as spam in the non-spam sections). Post count and rep never mattered to me, as long as I'm able to navigate as freely as I can. The only way it WOULD matter to me is if, for some reason, there were forums implemented that required you to have a certain post count or a certain rep to gain access to.

And to my knowledge, that isn't the case.

Not that I know of either, but the best hting you can do is get your name out there. Even if it's the same stuff, it gets your name mentioned and your thoughts out there.

Not that I know of either, but the best hting you can do is get your name out there. Even if it's the same stuff, it gets your name mentioned and your thoughts out there.

But, he's anonymous?

Mozza, sign up as an alternate for the Debating League. If you get in, you discuss a topic you'll hardly see and interact with people who (mostly) have a high level of thinking. Otherwise, why not create your own threads and discussions you wish to see? Make a well-thought out post and only the best posters possible will make a reply, with a good post to boot.

I mean, the post count doesn't really matter to me. I like to interact with people, generally, which is why I spend most of my time either in the spam sections, where I can do that more freely (I can post things that get my point across very well that would go over as spam in the non-spam sections). Post count and rep never mattered to me, as long as I'm able to navigate as freely as I can. The only way it WOULD matter to me is if, for some reason, there were forums implemented that required you to have a certain post count or a certain rep to gain access to.

And to my knowledge, that isn't the case.

You made a thread when you got 500 rep.

@Anonymous Mozzarella
I know exactly what you mean and for much the same reason I've a rather low post count. I try my best and re-visit threads I've posted in to see if point I've made are reply to or discussed further and they usually aren't so the change for discourse go largely to waste. Rather than attempt a change I've just consigned myself to accepting the structure for what it is.

p.s. Since we're going meta, coming from the old days of chat rooms and bb quote structures I've had a hard time with the '@insertnamehere' format of discussion/reply that has become the new standard on some sites so I tried it out up top for the heck of it and to see how others feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back