• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possibly the end of the line for HBK

SuperKnockout

TNA knockout champion
Monday night, after Shawn Michels cost DX the tag titles, he demanded that Teddy Long bring him to SD. Teddy said "no", and he said he's willing to throw away DX. He also said his career was over.

I love HBK, and hate that this happened. But I think that this is just another way for this story to partly unfold perhaps. Alright, so HHH can fight HBK for a bit, while he continues to chase undertaker. Eventually, he maybe can join into SD, chase the undertakers title, and maybe at WM26 put everything he has one the line, career, $, and everything else. If shawn really did want to leave, (after all he has been in the business over 20 years.)

It can be the end of the line for him, or they can do something else. However, sadly, I think that this may be the end of HBK.:disappointed:

Since WWE formed DX again HBK has really lost it.HBK used to be my favorite wrestler i always used to watch RAW just to see him.But right now he is acting like a little kid.i really dont know if the E wants him to act like that or if hey is actially loosing it in real life.Ok we all know that HBK's Vs Undertaker 2 will happend but Should HBK put his career on the line?For me HBK's days are over and i really think that past WM we might not see him ever agian.

Sorry to put you down
But thats what i really think!!!!

You can read the websites. Several of them are reporting that both he and Undertaker may be done after Wrestlemania. Shawn needs both knees completely replaced. I have had several need surgeries and I don't do nearly as much physically as these men. Your body just can't go after a while. Whether they stay in the business some other way is yet to be seen but personally I think they only belong in the ring.There legacies are because of there ring work and persistence for the last 15-20 years. It definitely will be a moment come Wrestlemania The streak is over and Undertaker finally puts over HBK Clean. Who knows whats really gonna happen, but I think that would be a classic ending to 2 amazing performers. on the Plus side everyone knows Undertaker Vs.Micheals II Will blow the roof off the place in ATL. RIP :undertaker2: RIP

i really like what happened on raw in terms of hbk... the obsession has gone too far now so i actually prefer to see a HHH vs shawn after shawn interferes in the chamber match somehow and still loses the chance and now blames HHH for holding him back or taking advantage of him... I really don't think that HBK Undertaker 2 would be that special... the original was too good and HHH & HBK at wrestlemania hasn't happened to my knowledge in a one on one match....Taker can wrestle anyone and make it a draw... It doesn't make sense to book shawn in unless he's going to win.... it makes him come off weak.... i like the career vs streak idea though... if it happens i'd love to see it done that way

HBK used to be my favorite wrestler until he got back together with HHH. HBK just doesn't seem as willing or able to do a lot anymore. maybe this is the end of HBK he has been wrestling for 20 years. his time just might be up

I think unless HBK is ready to lose to the Undertaker and hang up his boots this whole angle is ridiculous. The way things are now it seems like this will be the match up at Wrestlemania. Short of Shawn Michaels costing him the title at EC i don't see him getting the match w/o putting his career on the line. The undertaker's legacy should be remaining undefeated at WM or to lose it to pass the torch... giving the loss to shawn is just terrible and i really hope it doesn't happen. I really do hope this is the end of the line for shawn... one more match and lose like flair at WM and then head over to TNA and help build them up.

I am torn because one on hand I want to see Shawn/Taker. That will (like last year) have me really wondering if Shawn will end the streak or if Taker will actually stay undefeated. I am really enjoying this angle and want to see it cultimate at WrestleMania and I am waiting for that big promo by Shawn that says he wants Taker at Mania one last time and if he can't win, he will leave for good. That's going to be so emotional and if it is his last match, why not go out with a bang.

On the other hand I don't want to see it because of such the fond memories of the first one. I thought maybe the match was just good and it was the aura around it but watching again this week, it was even better than I remembered. I don't want the equel to tarnish the original. I guess we will just have to wait and see. And for the record, should HBK end Taker's streak? Hell no. In a time when the belts are passed around like potatos on Thanksgiving, the streak is still the one really good thing. The Holy Grail of wrestling if you will.

Shawn Michaels ain't going down looking pathetic like that. The only reports I've read are that he's going to take extended time off after Wrestlemania, just as he did last year. If it was really his last hurrah they would be advertising and pushing it hard. They are just enticing the storyline, throwing fuel to the fire. Other reports I read that he would stay until after WM27 as well. If Michaels was retiring for good, it would be out there.

Ohk now it cant possibly be the end of HBK at wrestlemania unless they induct him at the hall of fame like they did with Ric flair. If it is the end of HBK at mania we would of read it already on wrestlezone. Its one of 3 things can happen:

HBK vs TAKER

HBK screws taker out of EC and then faces him at wrestlemania and then actually wins.

HBK vs HHH vs TAKER:

This could come about if HHH dosent win the wwe championship at EC

HBK vs HHH which in my view I would prefer seeing, but HBK has to be the complete heel in this one which will be different.

Literally I am sick and tired of HBK losing all the time. I am a huge fan and all he does is lose and lose. For crying out loud he had the title last in 2002? why didnt they give him 1 more reign? If he goes to mania and loses against the undertaker in a career vs streak match then honestly I wont watch wwe anymore.

What people seem to be forgetting is Edge. Alot of people are calling for HBK vs Taker for the Title. Well that leaves Edge to go to RAW and go after Sheamus but with the heavy rumor that HHH will take on Sheamus that leaves ut Edge and his number one enemy at the moment Chris Jericho. Insted of HBK/Taker for the title, I am thinking (like a few have said) that HBK MAY screw Taker out of the title at EC and let Jericho win it giving them their shot at the show. HHH & Sheamus can have their match and HBK can come out and say that Taker wasn't good enough to beat any of the guys at EC then how can he beat the Showstopper himself. Taker will accept the challenge (cause undead manhood respect is a big thing) and tehy can have their big blowoff at Mania.

I really don't see this being it for Shawn. I think the story would have been out there for quite some time if Mania 26 was going to be his last match. But, if they wanted to keep it secret, I could see where this is going. IF this is it for Shawn, I really think they want his last last match to be against HHH. Right now, it seems like they are building more of a HHH/HBK feud than an Undertaker/HBK feud. I fully expect Shawn to stick around at least another year, but if this does turn out to be Shawns last Mania, look for he and HHH to continue this feud. HHH/HBK does not need a title on the line to be huge, and neither does HBK/Undertaker.

So, if shawn is sticking around for another year, I think he will screw Taker out of the title at EC. Taker/HBK will happen at Mania, without a title on the line, and I firmly believe Taker will win again (they can't destroy his streak now, can they?). If he really is retiring, and the WWE is keeping that under wraps for a little while longer for some added shock value, look for HBK/HHH to have a non-title match at Mania.

P.S.- Shawn doesn't need to be inducted into the HOF this year, I could easily see them doing that in the coming years. Also, don't be shocked, IF he is retiring this year, for him to be a late addition to the HOF lineup. They try and have a HUGE star every year, and right now their biggest star is Ted DiBiase (a huge star in his own right, very talented, but not as big a name as Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Hogan, etc.).

Literally I am sick and tired of HBK losing all the time. I am a huge fan and all he does is lose and lose. For crying out loud he had the title last in 2002? why didnt they give him 1 more reign? If he goes to mania and loses against the undertaker in a career vs streak match then honestly I wont watch wwe anymore.

Have you considered that fact that maybe Shawn doesnt want the belt?have you considered that fact that he dosent need the belt anymore because hes completely over with the crowd? Have you considered that fact that maybe HBK is trying to put younger people over?hense the reason he loses all the time. Even if he does lose, he always looks good doing it. Dont blame wwe, maybe Shawn wants it this way.

As far as him retiring, i sensed it on raw to, i think it might actually be time for him to hang up his boots. Not that i want him to, Micheals is a Phenomonal performer and a very gift man. It wont be the same once hes gone. I wouldnt minded if he stayed for a year longer but if your body cant hack it anymore then thats a clear sign. Tho i still think we'll see hhh vs HBK at mania, i think this undertaker things going to be a swerve and fool us all. Before one day hbk just gets tired of hhh always questioning him and telling him to get over his obsessions then WHAM BHAM sweet chin right in hunters face. Thus setting up a match between the two. But i could be wrong, have been before. But i really hope this isent it for Shawn, if so he will be greatly missed.

Have you considered that fact that maybe Shawn doesnt want the belt?have you considered that fact that he dosent need the belt anymore because hes completely over with the crowd? Have you considered that fact that maybe HBK is trying to put younger people over?hense the reason he loses all the time. Even if he does lose, he always looks good doing it. Dont blame wwe, maybe Shawn wants it this way.

Yeah i completely understand, its just it kind of frustrates me when I think about it thats all lol Its just whenever I watch a match which he is in for example the royal rumble, I cant sit there and say 'oh maybe he will win it' because I just know he wont lol

This isn't the end of Shawn Michaels. The way Shawn said it was over on RAW was just to add another dimension to his crazy character. That whole segment was excellent and really got me looking forward to what HBK does next. Chances are that Shawn shows up on RAW and faces up to HHH. However, this is how i'd like to see it go down.

Shawn stays off TV until Elimination Chamber where Shawn, who has supposedly left for good, shows up and costs Taker his title. This then allows Jericho to get his hands on the gold for a possible Jericho-Edge match. As Taker no longer holds the gold, Shawn can challenge him again and of course Taker wants revenge and accepts. This is simple and i'm sure i'm not the only one who can see this coming. Shawn still has a lot to offer and his recent "crazy" character change has been some of his best work since his return in 2002 in my opinion.

As to whether or not Shawn is finished for good after Wrestlemania, i'm not completely sure but would guess he will just take some time off and return in time for Summerslam. So, very similar to last year's situation.

Ok, so John Morrison has a broken ankle according to romours. I say, give Shawn another run. Enter him in the elimination chamber, and let him win! I read Heartbreak and Triumph, a biogragphy by him, and he says he and vince have always been like father and son in real life. But then why won't vince give him his last chance at the title? It may not be up to vince, but he can definetely do something about it. And HBK may need alot of surgery, but he doesn't have to compete to be in WWE. Look at JBL's position. He was injured and became an announcer. He can become a GM or something.. However, the undertaker is getting old for this. They both are. HBKvs. Undertaker no career, just streak. Have HBK blow it, not go to some fake kitchen scene, or, to make something realy big, you can have HBK do something to let Vince beat Bret at WM. Then have vinnie mac return the favor by helping HBK win over Undertaker, but later somehow get fired, or leave wwe.

I dont want to see Taker or Hbk quit but this story is perfect. Last years match was the best I have seen in a long time. Career vs Streak would be a great way for either to go out. I mean they have to retire sometime. These two arent the future of WWE. They have been around for 15 to 20 years and have had numerous injuries. Both men have families and I am sure have made plenty of money. I love HBK and taker has been my favorite wrestler since his debut. I dont like to see either go but this would let them go out with a bang. I cannot think of a better send off for either. They should just go all out at mania to make the 2nd better than the first and call it quits.

Anyone who thinks WM26 is the end for Taker, HBK or both, are completely and utterly ignorant. Some of you think that HBK is losing his touch and it's time for him to hang it up, and this would be a convenient way. You do realize this is all SCRIPTED right? We all saw pictures of him partying at a restaurant with some of the other guys, he's loving life right now. Websites reporting they both have injuries? Oh my GOD, that has never happened before. It's not like they couldn't take another post-wrestlemania hiatus or anything, nope, it's all over for them.

I mean honestly you either have to LOVE stirring up drama in the forum or be a complete brain dead idiot to think WM26 is the end for either of them. It's fools like you who portray pro wrestling fans as dumbass hicks.

I think this whole storyline has been leading up to a HHH vs HBK match up at Wrestlemania. Just before the rumble when trips threw HBK out the ring I thought the two would start to build up for a match. Then we saw Shawn eliminate HHH from the rumble and last weeks raw was all the proof I needed to see. I am really hoping to see HBK vs HHH at Mania. Don't get me wrong I thought Taker and Shawn had a unbelievable match last year, But I don't think we should see it this year.

HBK still has some gas left in his tank, it might not be that much, but he can still go, and at 44 years old, that's pretty impressive. Whether he faces HHH or Taker at Mania this year, I don't think it will be the end of the line for him. Even if he does need time of surgery or to heal nagging injuries, Vince will give him all the time he needs to recover. When HBK leaves wrestling, he will have a grand send off similar to what Flair had during and after Wrestlemania 24, and there will be a HUGE build up to it.

Shawn Michaels has lost his smile...again.

And in all honesty, I just don't think HBK has what he once had even one year ago. Though he's one of my favorites in history, right now he's just not as entertaing as before. His career is dwindling down pretty fast and he should leave while the going's good.

I believe that if HBK is going out. Undertaker/HBK is just not the way to go. I personally think that guys with extensive history together finally having their last match would be good. That's why Austin/Rock worked so well as a farewell match. Undertaker and HBK have had some history, obviously with WM25 as well as many other encounters. But the person whom HBK has very close and personal history with is HHH. HBK is frustrated now that HHH isn't supporting his cause so he superkicks him leading to a grudge match at WrestleMania, something we haven't seen in a good while. Since he did already say his career is over, HBK will probably put his career on the line as well.

While I highly doubt this is the end of the line for Michaels, I really don't want to see him have a rematch with Undertaker. I don't see what good could come out of it. Shawn doesn't like to do gimmick matches anymore. He said his Ladder Match with Jericho in 2008 would likely be his last. I'm surprised he did the Hell in a Cell with Legacy, and him and Taker already did Hell in a Cell. It would be really hard to top their match last WM and if you know Undertaker isn't gonna lose the streak when he already beat Shawn last year. I feel like this thing is a big swerve and HBK will end up taking on someone else at the last minute.

Guys Guys,

Lets Not get carried away here and put everything into perceptive, While both HBK and The Undertaker are at the end of there careers neither of them will be done after wrestlemania, much like last year each will take time off after mania, which is why Undertaker will drop the belt prior to, and maybe the stipulation will be in order for Undertaker to accept, Shawn must put his career on the line much like Ric Flair did. Shawn Might be the one who ends Undertakers streak at Mania, I you take the time to think Who else is there to do it that is worthy of such a task. that gives both the perfect excuse for taking long time off Undertaker for his streak being snapped and not knowing if he still has it. and HBK for everything he had to put into it. but HBK wont be going anywhere officially anytime unless it's on his own terms and hearing about HBK's backstage pull it will be one hell of a goodbye and doubt it would be in a losing fashion.

As far as a HHH HBK feud goes I really hope the WWE doesn't go in that direction its too plaid out now. I hope they just keep leaving HHH on his Elimination Chamber thing and title hunt and him trying to reason with Shawn like he has been hell he could even run in to there match at mania helping Shawn out, showing how much he is behind Shawn. probably won't happen but I hope its not another HBK HHH feud it would be like watching a re- run. for the third or fourth time.

Just My Thoughts

With Shawn, it's been pretty much read over and over again that WM 26 will be his last match. Give him the belt as a last hoorah for a man who has carried the company for his tenure there in wwe.

I personally think this is a great storyline and is showing (again) the amazing drama HBK brings with him. I think that he's going to do to UT at EC what Edge did to Kofi last year. He's going to take him out so he won't be able to compete. That'll make him even more crazy and obsessed!

They just posted a story that Shawn will take time off after WM26 and return at Summerslam. Just like last year. Hopefully he hits the gym cus he could use some shaping up. He's only 44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back