Possible Montreal Screwjob DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Reading the main page, it seems JR has interviewed Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart today for a new WWE DVD Project. Now the smart money has to be on The Montreal Screwjob. Some people won't like this, seen as though we got closure on this 18 months ago, but should Wrestlings biggest ever 'storyline' get it's own DVD?

I think it should!!! Not sure on how they will 'chapter' this but 1997 and the Hart/Michaels fued was great TV. If it isn't this, then I hope it is a Hart/Michaels rivalry DVD showing every match they had against each other, then obviously touching on the Screwjob.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/jim-ross-interviews-shawn-michaels-bret-hart-today-131767

EDIT: Looks like it is a Hart vs Michaels DVD because WWE are bringing out Rock vs Austin in October aswell. Maybe a 'Greatest Rivalries DVD'?

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-montreal-screwjob-dvd-2011/14446/

I'm cool with a greatest rivalries type thing, but we've already got Wrestling With Shadows and Bret's best of DVD. WWE has already beat the storyline to death over the years (even trying to recreate it). I think as long as Bret and Shawn got closure and are okay, I really don't need another DVD documenting it.

It could be a very interesting piece of work...however, if they cover it anything like they did in Brets career DVD (or in HBKs book) then it'll be a completely wasted opportunity, like most WWE "honest DVDs")

Would definitely download this. Say what you want but the Montreal Screwjob maybe the most talked about wrestling incident of all time and all the back stories and the tales of politicking and what not are just lapped up by your truly.

Hope this is what it is, all the parties have moved on so we may get some never heard before tales as well.

It's most likely Bret vs Shawn rivalry, which of course includes the screwjob.

Hopefully they'll have some Bret vs Shawn matches that haven't been regularly seen. I don't need another copy of the Iron Man Match.

It's most likely Bret vs Shawn rivalry, which of course includes the screwjob.

Hopefully they'll have some Bret vs Shawn matches that haven't been regularly seen. I don't need another copy of the Iron Man Match.

Quite right. Watered down highlights be enough!!! Then they should show the following:

1990 - Wrestling Challenge - Their first ever singles fight.
1992 - Prime Time Wrestling - A ladder match for the IC Title.
1992 - Survivor Series - Singles match for the WWE Title.
1996 - Wrestlemania 12 - Iron Man Match for the WWE Title (Highlights)
1997 - Survivor Series - Singles match for WWE Title

The WWE trying to make money off of The Screwjob? g-faww! But seriously, as long as both sides of the equation are there, it would be something I would check out. If it turns out to be a Greatest Rivalries DVD instead, that would obviously spark my interest as well. I mean, how many hours of footage could just the Screwjob DVD have? 3-4? It'd be neat if they included the WCW era promos, and nearly every snippet of reference in wrestling - but that'd be a lot!

I can't say I'll be looking forward to it. If it's an introspective, I'll pass. If it's about the rivalry between the two then maybe. When WWE gets honest, it makes me sick to my stomach. The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior among others, convinces me that WWE, and especially Vince McMahon are using these moments to encourage people to see things the way they want their fans to see it. It's just another way to make money by doing a ridiculous stroke job.

They did the WWE Confidential segment on it, which was total bullshit. There wasn't an ounce of honesty about the event or what lead to the event. If anything made me think HBK was a fucking hypocrite it was this dvd. Denies his backstage politicking and his less than professional behaviour and says Bret did to himself. Why would I want to see this ? I know who I believe and who I don't. I don't believe the stance of Vince, HBK, that it was Bret's fault and it was necessary to do what they did. I know anything made about this topic will be done in a way to present WWE's pov, which is a total lie. SO to me it's just a way to spread lies and make a profit doing it. Personally, I think it just insults intelligence of fans by trying to force they view of how things happened down our throats when they know it's a fucking lie and I won't be wasting my money or time on it.

i like the idea. it will be good to see shawn micheals and bret hart talking face to face about the montreal screwjob and their feud as a whole. i just hope they dont ruin it like they have done with most interview dvds

It COULD be very interesting, if they allow both men to share their no-holds-barred opinions on the Screwjob, especially in a face to face environment.

However, I am not expecting anything like that. I believe this will just be a review of their rivalry, a compilation matches and then an unbiased conclusion of what happens, done with the usual WWE spin so as to not damage the repuatations of either of their Hall of Famers.

Bret and Shawn seem to have made peace with each other over the crewjob, so I cannot believe that they would want to re-open this can of worms and argue their cases for a dvd. This will just be a general overview with each guy saying his thoughts into a camera, with little or no interaction between the 2. Then we will see the matches and have a basic and worthless conclusion as to who was right...."Maybe we will never know...and you in the WWE Universe can make your own conclusion" or some crap like that.

I'm cool with a greatest rivalries type thing, but we've already got Wrestling With Shadows and Bret's best of DVD. WWE has already beat the storyline to death over the years (even trying to recreate it). I think as long as Bret and Shawn got closure and are okay, I really don't need another DVD documenting it.

I call bullshit on that. You will watch it just like any true old school fan would watch it. Probably the single greatest feud in the history of the business dating all the way back to the IC years. Both guys sitting down next to each other being interviewed at the same time? If this isnt a must see then i dont know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back