Bret Hart DVD - Part 2

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Ok, in 2005 we saw Bret Hart 'The Best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be'. This highlighted some of Brets best matches from his storied career.

In 2010 we saw Hart & Soul: The Hart Family Anthology which documented one of the greatest stables ever. Focussing more on Brets tag matches and matches between him and other Hart Family members.

In 2011 we will see Bret vs Shawn in a 'great Rivalries' DVD. This will show all of Brets best matches against Shawn Michaels.

Taking all this into account, I feel there is still room for 1 more Bret Hart DVD (Hogan and Austin ahve 3/4 each!). We all know Bret Hart could have a decent match against a bag of spanners so there is no reason why another DVD with 10-15 matches cannot be made.

So what matches would you like and what story would the documentary follow? In this one, I want to hear more about his time in WCW and his return to WWE in 2010.

Off the top of my head, matches worth a mention would be:

SNME November 1987
vs Randy Savage

Superstars Taping 1992
vs Ric Flair

Royal Rumble 1993
vs Razor Ramon

Summerslam 1993
vs Jerry Lawler

Survivor Series 1996

vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Uncensored 1998
vs Curt Henning

WCW Mayhem 1999
vs Sting

And finally....

Wrestlemania 26
vs Vince McMahon

Ok, this one was a bit of a clusterfuck but it was an important match in Wrestling history. It allowed closure and to be fair, the promos/build up to this fight were very very good. That alone can help tell the story of this match.

Good idea very good idea any match bret did have was awesome!! I loved the Uncensored 1998 match against curt henning.... Will they ever release that match 1997 survivor series match?? I think its about the right time to do that IMO

There's definitely room for another Bret Hart DVD and matches.

I agree with the original poster's ideas for the documentary portion. Highlight some more stories, and of course talk about his return to WWE in 2010 and beyond.

The first Bret DVD highlighted some more rarer matches in addition to his most famous ones. But it also missed a lot of gems and some of his biggest classics as well. Some ones off the top of my head during his WWE tenure that I'd like to see included.....

vs. Macho Man Randy Savage (Saturday Night's Main Event, 1987)

w/Jim Neidhart vs. The Brainbusters (Summerslam 1989)

w/Jim Neidhart vs. Demolition (2/3 Falls Match Summerslam 1990)

w/Dusty Rhodes/Koko B. Ware/Jim Neidhart vs. The Undertaker/Million Dollar Man/Honky Tonk Man/Greg Valentine (Survivor Series 1990)

vs. The Undertaker (House Show at Madison Square Garden, 1992)

vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper (Wrestlemania VIII)

vs. Razor Ramon (Royal Rumble 1993)

vs. Bam Bam Bigelow (King of the Ring 1993)

vs. Jerry Lawler (Summerslam 1993)

vs. Macho Man Randy Savage (House Show in Japan, 1994) (These two had a match in Japan in 1994 while Bret was World Champion. If there is footage available of this match, I wanna see it!!!)

vs. The 1-2-3 Kid (Monday Night Raw, 1994)

vs. Owen Hart (Summerslam 1994)

vs. Bob Backlund (Submission Match, Survivor Series 1994)

vs. Jean Pierre Lafite (In Your House September 1995?)

vs. Diesel (In Your House February 1996)

vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Survivor Series 1996)

vs. The Undertaker (Summerslam 1997)

Oh, and they should also include his 2010 matches including the match with Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania, the match where he won the US Title against the Miz, and the WWE vs. Nexus Elimination match at Summerslam.

If they do make another Bret dvd, I hope they don't put any of his matches from the big 4 ppvs. Those have been seen many times. I'd rather have matches from old house shows, episodes from raw, and in your house matches. He had some good matches on wcw tv so they can put 1 or 2 on there as well. Oh and since they are probably not going to put out wcw ppvs on dvd they can put wcw ppv matches too like his match vs Flair at Souled Out 98. I don't think that match was ever put on any wwe dvd.

I agree DD23Beatles fans Match list alone could make up the first 2 discs and the last disc be WCW matches and the 3 matches he had in 2010. This will also solidify his legacy as a single competitor on film/dvds and have some Bonuses like Promos he did in 97, in WCW, and the ones between him and Mcmahon and the INFAMOUS HUG between him and Shawn and also giving the Hart Dynasty the new Tag belts.... Also i think his last dvd should be constructed like HBKs Heart Break N Triumph DVD as well....

If they do make another Bret dvd, I hope they don't put any of his matches from the big 4 ppvs. Those have been seen many times. I'd rather have matches from old house shows, episodes from raw, and in your house matches. He had some good matches on wcw tv so they can put 1 or 2 on there as well. Oh and since they are probably not going to put out wcw ppvs on dvd they can put wcw ppv matches too like his match vs Flair at Souled Out 98. I don't think that match was ever put on any wwe dvd.

If you include a match vs Flair it should be from Souled Out 98 - the match taped in 92 was very good but the 98 match is actually better, plus Hart goes over in 98, Flair wins in 92 (this is Hart's DVD, show the match he won).

These two wrestled some very good matches during the European Tour in 92 when Flair was champ, back when WWE was trying to start a Flair/Ultimate Warior feud and eventually give UW the belt. Of course Warrior's firing and Flair's injury prevented all that but it was probably better for WWE anyway. certainly worked out for Bret. If there is film of one of these they might be the best matches these two had.

One of the last WWE matches between these two was a 60 minute Iron Match Match in Hatrford, CT in Jan 93, first time I ever saw an Iron Man Match (although I'd seen Flair wrestle plenty of 60 minute matches before). This was of course a few years before Bret's WrestleMania Iron Man Match vs HBK. Keep in mind that Bret could be innovative when he wanted, he inroduced the Iron Man Mach vs Flair years before we saw it on PPV, he also did at least one Ladder Match with HBK on the house show circuit years before the famous HBK/Razor Ramoan match made such a concept so popular.

I doubt there is film of the 93 Iron Man Match (I saw it on a bootleg tape, filmed by a fan in the audience). Shame too, for a non televised house show they really worked hard. In case you're wondering Hart wins Fall 1 with a small package, Flair wins Falls 2 & 3 by submission with the figure four, then Hart uses the sharpshooter to tie at 2 falls each at about the 50 minute mark, then gets a pin at the 55 minute mark to go ahead 3-2, then barely hangs on as Flair pummels him but cant get him back in the figure four as time runs out.

Ok if they do another Bret Hart dvd it should go like this.

I'm not familiar with Stampede Wrestling from Calgary, but they should put a match from there on here. Just one.

vs Rene Goulet- MSG debut in January 1985
vs British Bulldogs- 1/19/86 Capital Centre
vs Killer Bees- 3/15/87 Toronto
vs Mr Perfect- 4/23/89 Toronto
vs Ted Dibiase- 12/29/91 MSG
vs Shawn Michaels- 10/2/92 Match was shown on an old wwf tape
vs Owen Hart- Main event of first ever WWF Action Zone
vs Jeff Jarrett- 1/16/95 Raw. First match since being "injured" by Bob Backlund at Survivor Series.
Final 4 main event from Feb. 97 In Your House
vs Ken Shamrock 10/27/97 Raw
vs Ric Flair Souled Out 98
vs Sting Mayhem 99
vs Terry Funk- Last televised match before he had to retire. Oh it was on Thunder in January 2000.
vs Miz- winning the US title.

I don't think any of those matches were released on other dvd comps. Before each match they can have Bret give his thoughts on the opponent(s). If none of those matches were ever released on dvd they can call it "Bret Hart Unreleased classics" something like they did with Hogan a couple of years ago.

I'd like to see a DVD with all Hart Foundation matches. Before Bret went solo they were my favorite tag team. They still are my favorite team of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back