Poll: Include Stages?

Should we include stages starting in round 2?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Doc and I have toyed with this idea in the past but never implemented it. Jeff the Mailman also proposed the idea, so I figured we might as well put it to a poll.

How would you guys feel about including stages at the beginning of the fight?

Stages would include popular areas that the characters of the BZT may be familiar with, ripped straight from the fictional world.

It would be implemented at the beginning of round 2.

Feel free to ask questions and debate the pros and cons of this potential development.

I think this would be cool if randomized. It gives us an idea on what the terrain looks like, and has the potential of keeping someone from running roughshod over the competition with the same arguments over and over.

I would, but I would include the option that the stage can be destroyed and that the combatants can free roam if they wanted to. For example if you were to confine Trunks or Wonder Woman to an office building the stage wouldn't be around for long. Characters like that need a much bigger stage.

No. The winner should be determined by the powers/items of the competitors, not by what location it takes place in. All battles should take place in a neutral ground kayfabe arena. Take Smash Bros for instance. When you want to know who the best is, you don't go to stages where obstacles can interfere with the process. You go to Final Destination which truly allows skill to provide the win.

100% yes. If not the 'well this universe thing' will get rather laborious.

I think this would be cool if randomized. It gives us an idea on what the terrain looks like, and has the potential of keeping someone from running roughshod over the competition with the same arguments over and over.

It would be randomized. There'd probably be a pool of like, 20 or so different stages that would be assigned at random.

I would, but I would include the option that the stage can be destroyed and that the combatants can free roam if they wanted to. For example if you were to confine Trunks or Wonder Woman to an office building the stage wouldn't be around for long. Characters like that need a much bigger stage.

Yes, the fight wouldn't be confined to the stage unless it was something like a Super Smash Brothers Final Destination, where it's simply a platform floating in a vacuum. If the stage is, for example, the rooftop of an apartment building, the fight could easily spill onto the street below or the sky above if it was between two flying people.

No. The winner should be determined by the powers/items of the competitors, not by what location it takes place in. All battles should take place in a neutral ground kayfabe arena. Take Smash Bros for instance. When you want to know who the best is, you don't go to stages where obstacles can interfere with the process. You go to Final Destination which truly allows skill to provide the win.

This is a fair point too. I understand that adding a stage changes the general function of the tournament, but is it in a good way or a bad way? That's what the poll is for.

Yes, the fight wouldn't be confined to the stage unless it was something like a Super Smash Brothers Final Destination, where it's simply a platform floating in a vacuum. If the stage is, for example, the rooftop of an apartment building, the fight could easily spill onto the street below or the sky above if it was between two flying people.

Then I'm 100% behind this.

You should have it randomised but a competitior would be banned from having a home stage.

For example Mario v Bugs Bunny couldn't happen in the Mushroom but could in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry.

This is a fair point too. I understand that adding a stage changes the general function of the tournament, but is it in a good way or a bad way? That's what the poll is for.

I personally think it would have a negative impact on the tournament but if everyone else is for it then it's really not the end of the world. Plus if it is implemented the way Lee suggested in his post, it can probably work.

You should have it randomised but a competitior would be banned from having a home stage.

For example Mario v Bugs Bunny couldn't happen in the Mushroom but could in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry.

This essentially negates one of the bigger potential problems the stages would create. It has to be neutral ground. I'd also want it as close to a Smash Bros Final Destination type of location as possible so it still essentially comes down to the abilities/items, but that's just me.

If these results hold to the end of round one, we will implement it in round 2. What Doc and I discussed is coming up with a stage for each character and assigning a random stage to each contest. If the stage is the home stage for one of the participants in the match, it will be redrawn.

I'm just waiting for Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

If you don't mind. Or would you like to keep it a secret?

It depends on how Doc and I decide to proceed with the stages from here. What we did was pick a stage for (almost) every character from their universe. Once the first round was over, we took the remaining characters and their stages and randomly assigned them.

So it depends on if we use the leftover stages or decide to create new ones for the winners again.

Does anyone have any opinions that?

I suggest a stage for Star Wars, inside The Millennium Falcon. A series of confined spaces that forces fighters to go close range.

The Star Wars stage we picked (which was not used because Rey lost in round 1) was the Forest Moon of Endor. We did use the Normandy SR-2 for an isolated confined space stage, and there are others as well.

I'm just waiting for Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

We thought that was too broad since the school is massive so we elected to go with the Chamber of Secrets. If Dumbledore advances to the next round we'll likely use a different part of the school, or another area of the Harry Potter world.

It's no bigger than a planet or spaceship etc. but sweet, glad it's in.

This may be a bit much to suggest, but why not reuse each stage, but feature destruction from the previous rounds?

I think that'll just complicate matters a bit.

Also it's Acme Looniversity not university.

I think that'll just complicate matters a bit.

Also it's Acme Looniversity not university.

Hey man, I got it right in the header, and it's too late to edit that post. I'm not perfect like Trunks apparently is, okay?

It is okay, Trunks if perfectly perfect in every way, unlike you. Expelliarmus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back