Final Poll for NEW Debater's League Format

Which New Debater's League format do you prefer?

• Hybrid World Cup

• Double Elimination Tournament

Results are only viewable after voting.
USA! USA! USA!

us-animated.gif

Fuck Kony. Ron Paul 2012's isolationist policies are gonna lay the smacketh down on your Ugandan ass.

I am much more familiar with the world cup format than the Double elimination one but I still voted Double elimination because the group stage will present a few difficulties in my opinion. As we go further into the group stage, there will be inconsequental match ups between debators, ie debators who have no chance of progressing to the next round, as well as the tricky situation of a tie. And as D-Man mentioned, there is more of a chance of an undeserving candidate progressing in the WC format as compared to the Double Elimination format.

Basically you move forward with every debate in a DE tourney whereas in the WC you have to wait a long time before actually progressing to the next round due to the long group stage. It is due to this inactivity that most posters get bored and/or caught up in other stuff and tend to leave.

I voted for World Cup hybrid because I don't feel as big a need to rush through the process as others seem to.

The rush is that we didn't get this out in time for 2011, and the WZ Tournament is just around the corner. The quicker we can get into this, the better. Jacking off with a group stage seems pointless.

DirtyJosé;3763316 said:
I couldn't have given a better reason than this to vote Double Elimination.

There still boils down to having 63 matches in both tournaments. WCH avoids the whole "five people to eliminate after the winners' bracket final" thing too.

Do it after the tournament. If you started tomorrow then there'd be a clash under either format, and that's asking for trouble.

If you're only doing it now because others said that's what they wanted, I think you should take a poll. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing when most look at this league with the understanding it's going to be happening during the WZ Tournament, they won't mind waiting another month or so. The Tournament is a bigger deal, no question, and this thing will be completely overshadowed.

Honestly, I'm so fucking drained and frustrated from this. I'm sick of having polls and trying to work with all of you for a collective decision. But once I make a decision myself, I catch shit from all of you.

/rant

I spoke with KB and explained how this will barely interfere with the WZ tournament if started ASAP. With the simultaneous brackets, matchups, and volume of debates diminishing as the DL goes on, it will have minimal interference with the WZ tournament. I'm at the point where I just want to get it done because I'm sick of posters being inconsistent about if they want to participate, when it should be, if the format is feasible to them... I'm fed up.

Honestly, I'm so fucking drained and frustrated from this. I'm sick of having polls and trying to work with all of you for a collective decision. But once I make a decision myself, I catch shit from all of you.

/rant

I spoke with KB and explained how this will barely interfere with the WZ tournament if started ASAP. With the simultaneous brackets, matchups, and volume of debates diminishing as the DL goes on, it will have minimal interference with the WZ tournament. I'm at the point where I just want to get it done because I'm sick of posters being inconsistent about if they want to participate, when it should be, if the format is feasible to them... I'm fed up.

Calm down, big man, it was just a suggestion. I only said something because you said you were doing it now because that's what everyone wanted. If doing it now works better for you, go for it. Just a suggestion, homie.

Calm down, big man, it was just a suggestion. I only said something because you said you were doing it now because that's what everyone wanted. If doing it now works better for you, go for it. Just a suggestion, homie.

That wasn't 100% meant for you. If you were the only one with these complaints, I wouldn't be flipping out.

Sometimes I wish I were as much of a hard ass as Sly or KB where I feel the need to tell you all to "fuck off" and it's "my way or the highway". But I actually give a shit about what you all think. It's my cross to bear.

Sorry; not even a little bit. It was more of an 'I want to clobber D-man over the head with a tire iron' sigh.

Oh, well.

¡Roján!;3764546 said:
It would be pretty pointless if after all the polling and multiple threads we didn't do it until May or so.

Yeah, I know. That's why it's still going as planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back