Plans for Randy Orton’s Return

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
Due to the depth issues with WWE’s roster, Randy Orton will continue to be pushed near the top when he returns from suspension soon. Orton has been vocally frustrated in the sense that he believes he is better as a heel.

WWE feels they need one top babyface to anchor the live events and they are trying to get Sheamus there but aren’t sure if he’s ready yet, which is why Orton is still a babyface.

Orton is also frustrated because officials took his punt kick away from him, which was done because of the concussion issues.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

It just seems like the guy isn't happy where he is. Which is a shame because there's a shit ton of people who would kill to be in his situation minus the wellness violations.

I think he preffered what he as doing in 2009 because he was, in his mind, better at that. If that's where he'd rather be, then I'd say give it to him. He's one of the few genuine main event superstars they've got right now, and I think he of all people would know that.

Orton is better as a heel. With Punk and Sheamus he really doesn't need to be a babyface anymore so why not throw the guy a bone?

They definitely need him in a top spot, because there's not many convincing guys up there right now. I don't think Sheamus is fully ready yet, and guys like ADR, Ziggler, etc. aren't there and may not even get there. They need Orton to be a top guy because he's easily believable as such, and the WWE has a lot of stake in him. They've developed him over the years to become a top guy, so they should be reaping the benefits of him.

As for his punt kick, I think it's stupid they took it away. Taking away chair shots to the head? Well, although I miss them, I can see the point there. But the punk kick? That's a stretch. Not only that, but what's the next step? Take away any and all punishment/trauma to the head? Cuz there's plenty of other risky-looking moves that are taken by the head/neck in the WWE.

I mean, why can't Orton have the punt kick, but Undertaker can have the Tombstone Piledriver?

I think he's more over as a face right now than he ever was as a heel, which leads me to believe that he's better at being a good guy than a bad guy.

Orton has a few instances of being whiny and feeling self-entitled, so I'm not surprised he's upset about things, but he needs to realize that he can't always get what he wants. At the end of the day he's still doing something he loves to entertain people, and he should count his lucky stars that he's able to do it.

Orton is unquestionably better as a heel. I think it simply comes more naturally to him. I think that WWE is well covered at the moment with respect to baby faces, so if Orton feels he's better as a heel, and would prefer to function as one, I say cut him loose.

Especially upon return from a well publicized suspension, coupled with frustration about losing his punt kick, it seems like an excellent time to return him to heel status.

Who does he feud with as a heel? Sheamus (meh), Cena (unlikely), Punk (maybe), HHH (doubtful), Kofi (nah) Christian (nope).

I say Orton-Brodus! But it would probably be Sheamus.

1. They didn't turn him face, the fans did. Fuck off, Randall.

2. He's better as a heel holds some water, but I think that has a lot to do with his overall demeanor. He's an asshole, a natural heel. That doesn't mean he needs to be booed. Unleash the asshole and have some fun with it.

Fans cheered him last time as a heel, if he turns, they'll probably cheer him anyway. Randy is stuck in a conundrum. He can be a face and get cheered despite at times treading the lines of good and bad or he can be cheered as a heel who leans towards bad. His choice, same reaction.

1. They didn't turn him face, the fans did. Fuck off, Randall.

2. He's better as a heel holds some water, but I think that has a lot to do with his overall demeanor. He's an asshole, a natural heel. That doesn't mean he needs to be booed. Unleash the asshole and have some fun with it.

1. Good point. The Rock's heel/face turns were pretty, much always on the fans too. Randy should be honored they care enough to influence his persona.

2. Yep. Stone Cold is an asshole. The Rock at his best is an asshole. Triple H is an asshole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back