Phoenix Region, NC Subregion: Second Round: (3) Triple H vs. (14) Jack Brisco

Who Wins This Match

• Triple H

• Jack Brisco

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Phoenix Region.

This match takes place in the Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina

greensboro-coliseum.jpg

#3 Triple H

Triple-H---HHH--C10043417.jpg

Vs.

#14 Jack Brisco

brisco_jack.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Jack Brisco had a good reign with the NWA title in the 70s, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire as a champion, and his period at the top ended with his title reign. Triple H has consistently remained on top of the wrestling world for almost 10 years, and has beaten just about everyone there is to beat. He deserves this.

HHH oozes legend. Everything that he's ever done was just awesome. Jack Brisco was a great competitor and a legend in his own right but he has no chance here against trips. HHH hits the pedigree in about 10 minutes

Vote Helmsley

Triple H by a mile in this one. One of the most dominant champions of our era, with plenty of titles in his possession. An extremely versatile competitor, capable of main eventing as a face or as a heel, in a tag team, a faction, or solo. Passion for the business which is grossly underestimated, Triple H has truly done it all. And he will easily do it again here against Jack Brisco.

All Triple H hate aside, the truly is the King of Kings, the Game, who receives lots of grief from the IWC (won't put guys over, only successful because he married the boss's daughter, is a title hog or an asshole backstage, you know, all that bullshit which are amongst the biggest piles of rubbish perpetuated by the IWC). But in the end, he is an awesome competitor with great in ring talent, terrific mic skills, has passion which is sorely lacking in many of the newer guys, and simply put, in this one, will be too much for Jack Brisco to handle. A pedigree or two, and it's lights out for Brisco and on to the next round for Hunter.

Triple H easily walks past Jack Brisco in this one.

When HHH said that he is one of the last men of an era, he spoke the truth. He has beated everyone there is to beat and Brisco wouldn't be any different.

HHH has done everything that can be done in the world of professional wrestling. There is nothing that Jack Brisco can bring to the table that HHH hasn't already seen and overcome.

Trips should win this but not easily, it should be remembered who Briscoe beat for his World Championship - Harley Race. Race is to Helmsley what Graham was to Hogan and as such we can glean that Jack would have a chance. I think Hunter goes over but not easily, I'd say about the 17minute mark with the Pedigree.

I'll tell you, I wasn't really a fan of Triple H in the past, but because of his most recent return he gets my vote here. Watching him in arguably the greatest segment in pro wrestling history, nay, television history, just got me all tingling inside. I mean, did you see how he stood there and stared awkwardly into the eyes of the Undertaker for so long. I was moved to tears! Such a great wrestler and more importantly tremendous actor and conveyor of emotion.

This is really not that difficult. Jack Brisco was a World Heavyweight Champion back when it mattered and could have matches that would blow your grandmother's skirt up. And considering how long skirts were back then, that's no mean feet. What I'm trying to say is that Brisco had a low skirt blowing stance. Very impressive stuff. Olympians like Kurt Angle can only marvel at the man's prowess in the field of gettin' low.

Triple H on the other hand... Well I don't really know all that much about him. Sure, I hear he was champion quite a lot in the 2000s and was a pretty big deal in that era, but it's not a time frame I know a whole lot about. All things considered, I reckon the boring style of the time just wouldn't be palatable for me. I know that this is going to seem like typical marky bullshit to you wrestling purists out there, but the quality of the few Triple H matches I've seen doesn't transcend time and space like the many Jack Brisco matches I've seen. So the choice is pretty clear.

Vote Brisco.

Triple H is the greatest heel performer in the time I have been a wrestling fan, bar none.

He is a phenomenal wrestler, he looks like a champion, makes everything he does in the ring count and mean something, and just oozes quality. I do not give a fuck that he is married into the McMahon family now, Helmsley would have been just as successful without that in my mind, he is a true modern day legend.

Awesome look, skill, perfect as face or a heel, great theme music, devastating finishing move and his feuds with men such as The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Batista and many others stand out to me as classics.

Triple H has also been a part of The Corporation, one of my favourite factions and of course two of the greatest of all time in DX and Evolution, not to mention his McMahon-Helmsley regime dominated the company for over a year during wrestlings boom period at the turn of the century.

Endless accolades, more than 10 World Titles, multiple IC titles, tag team titles, KOTR crowns, the list goes on. The Game is a bona-fide megastar, and one of the most respected men in the business today.

Anyone who is anyone in this business over the last 15 years has bowed at the throne of the King of Kings.

Triple H with a pedigree for the win after 11 minutes

Triple H easily walks past Jack Brisco in this one.

When has HHH easily walked past anyone? HHH from 1999-2001 lost quite a bit.

When HHH said that he is one of the last men of an era, he spoke the truth. He has beated everyone there is to beat and Brisco wouldn't be any different.

Dave-Batista2.jpg

HHH has done everything that can be done in the world of professional wrestling. There is nothing that Jack Brisco can bring to the table that HHH hasn't already seen and overcome.

They must have not had sledgehammers back then.

I cannot believe how short the posters here are selling Jack Brisco.

From the posts I've read, you guys are acting like Jack Brisco was some mid-carder that'll job out quickly to the Game. That is so not the case.

Jack Brisco was the greatest technical wrestler of the 1970's hands down. He was the Bret Hart/Kurt Angle of his era. Do you guys think Trips would have an easy 11 minute match with Kurt Angle or Bret Hart or Chris Benoit? Absolutely not. And he sure as heck wouldn't have a short 10-12 minute match with Jack Brisco either.

I'm not saying that Jack Brisco is the easy winner here. This is a really, really tough matchup to pick. I think it would be a classic actually. Triple H has had more success overall, although I think the era he wrestled in played a major part in that. Most wrestlers before the '90s were lucky to have 2-3 world title reigns let alone 10-15 like in today's era. If Triple H had wrestled in the '70s he would not be at 12-13 reigns like he is now and Edge sure has heck wouldn't have had 10 reigns in 5 years like he's done in the last 5 years.

As far as workrate goes, both are equal. As far as influence and impact, both are on equal ground as Brisco influenced more wrestlers than Triple H, but Triple H did influence the direction of wrestling more than Jack Brisco. Plus Triple H as some point is going to be the most important person in the business although that's as an executive/owner and not an actual performer.

Really either choice is a good answer. I went ahead and voted for Jack Brisco. Brisco was arguably the best wrestler/worker of the 1970's (although the Funks and Harley Race come close), whereas I don't Triple H has ever been the best worker in the business at any point in his career (although he's always been near the top granted).

I can see anyone going for Triple H in this. But this match is far from an easy, overwhelming victory for Triple H. Anyone who says that (aka: some of the posters who have already said such) needs to brush up on their wrestling history and learn about Jack Brisco.

It's all about the game, and how you play it, All about control, and if you can take it, All about your debt, and if you can pay it, It's all about pain, and who's gonna make it...

I am the game, you don't wanna play me,I am control, no way you can change me, I am have heavy debts, no way you can pay me, I am the pain, and I know you can't take me

Look over your shoulder, ready to run, Like a good little bitch, from a smoking gun, I am the game, and I make the rules,So move on out, and you can die like a fool, Try and figure out what the moves gonna be,Come on over sucker, why don't you ask me?
Don't you forget there's a price you can pay, 'Cuz I am the game and I want to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back