Phoenix Region, NC Subregion: First Round: (3) Triple H vs. (30) Greg Valentine

Who Wins This Match

• Triple H

• Greg Valentine

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Phoenix Region.

This match takes place in the Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina

greensboro-coliseum.jpg

#3 Triple H

Triple-H---HHH--C10043417.jpg

Vs.

#30 Greg Valentine

champprofile_valentine.JPG

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Many respect to the Hammer, but Triple H is a bonafide legend when it comes to knowing the business. 13x World Champ, many accomplishments to even count. He doesn't call himself "The Game" for nothing. Say what you want about his backstage politicking, when it comes down to handling business in the ring, Triple H does it better than anyone.

My vote: "The Game" Triple H.

Tough draw for The Hammer here. I think Greg Valentine is underrated. He doesn't get the recognition he deserves as one of the top stars of the early/mid 80s. It seems like a lot of guys who experienced their prime before 1987 but continued to wrestle after aren't remembered properly.

With that said my vote goes to Triple H. As good as Valentine was he was not the game. He was not a 13 time world chamion. He wasn't a main event guy for ten years plus. Love Valentine, but HHH is the obvious choice here.

I don't know, I'm going to go against the grain here again. Wouldn't you know it, I mention doing it once or twice in a thread, and now I'm doing it more often.

Valentine was a bonafide tough guy. Like I said in my Beefcake thread, he was part of the legendary Dream Team. Plus, he wasn't that shabby as a singles competitor. If Trips was going against Valentine in the 80's, he'd be on the receiving end of a Hammer, not carrying one around all the time.

I'm going with the old school, rough and tumble, in your face Valentine. I'm sure he's going to get mauled in the voting, but I'd venture to say it wouldn't be as easy as it appears for good old Hunter McMahon.

Wish Greg woulda got a little better pic up top, though...

This is a pretty easy choice for me. Not only because Triple H is the reason I started watching wrestling and continue to but also because he is one of the biggest legends of professional wrestling and his career is not over. Triple H would go over most people in this tournament and whilst Greg Valentine is an under-rated talent, Triple H has beaten people who would even go over him.

Triple H has beaten the best in the business and Greg Valentine doesn't come up to that standard, I am afraid. It is a tough draw for Valentine and had he been given a better draw, I might have voted for him in this match. However, Triple H is that damn good and this would be another score in the win column of his career.

Here's to the second round!

This is, without a doubt a suck draw for the Hammer, because he is definitely deserving a a decent run here in this tourney. I have always been a big mark for Greg Valentine, because he always looked, acted, and worked like he was a legitimate tough guy and dangerous wrestler. That being said, even though I voted for Valentine I will not be surprised in the slightest if(and when) he loses here because he is up against one of the most sucsessfull stars of this era. In all honesty, in a kayfabe version, HHH and the Hammer would match up, and the Hammer would pound him, w/HHH selling the whole time, but when the end comes, HHH catches him w/ a pedigree to take the victory after takng an astronomical amount of punishment. Too bad, because the Hammer deserved better.

Valentine was a great as well as The Game is now, but i don't see HHH losing here, but it would defiantly be a PPV quality match, and coming close to the time limit as well, i see HHH picking up the win though in nice fashion.
Winner: HHH in 16:30 via Pedigree.

Underrated is Valentine but this The Games match.

HHH just couldn't lose this match. One of the best mic workers and biggest Draws ever. Win at 12 min mark.

For me HHH is one of the wrestlers that breathes, swets and bleeds wrestling. I don't agree and I don't care what people say about him and his relationship with Steph Mcmahon, what I know is that Triple H is a very gifted man that has a great vision of the business that is wrestling. DX, Evolution, feuds with Benoit, HBK, Rock etc.. everything made what Triple H is: an amazing wrestler no matter what people says.

Would have been a good match for Triple H at one time. Not a good match as in he has a chance to win, but a good match as in entertaining.

Greg Valentine is a true Old School Legend. But Triple H is an Icon, and as good as "The Hammer" was, being underrated isn't going to defeat The Game!

OMG I am actually laughing at the comparison of those 2 photos at the top of the page. HHH really was in unbelievable shape in his prime...and Greg? Well...he wasnt. He looked awful.

You cannot really compare these 2 men in any way. Triple H owns Valentine on every conceivable level. His achievements are almost limitless and I hope to see another title run before he calls it a day. This tournament would motivate Triple H to get back into the shape he was back in the late 90s, early 2000s and he would come into this match more pumped up than ever.

Immediately on the attack, Hunter would dominate Valentine and nail him with a spinebuster before hitting the Pedigree for an easy win in under 5 minutes. A nice easy start in this tournament for The Game, one of the men I will be backing. He has the skills and smartness to go very far in this.

20 minute time limit? It takes the Hammer a solid 15-20 minutes to get loose. HHH goes over because of time limitations.

I love The Hammer, and it's beyond difficult for me to vote against him. But, he really doesn't stand much of a chance here. I think I've seen as many good Valentine matches as I have HHH matches, maybe even more. But HHH is...HHH. He wins, and it won't last over 10 minutes. Poor Hammer :disappointed:

Lousy luck for Valentine here. I think the guy is underrated and doesn't get credit for being one of the most dependable and solid in-ring workers of his day. However, Triple H is just too much for him in just about every measurable way.

Trips is bigger, stronger, faster, more agile, more aggressive and can do anything that The Hammer can do only much, much better. I'd say that Triple H would take this with the Pedigree at about the 7 minute mark.

HHH has a mind for wrestling both inside the ring and outside of it. He has power, aggression, and is extremely tactical when it comes to dishing out punishment to his opponent and he would have no problems with putting away a Hall of Famer like Greg Valentine.

HHH has accomplished so much more than the Hammer, and if he chooses, still has many great matches ahead of him.

Greg Valentine is pretty much the embodiment of a reliable wrestler. He feuded at all of the different levels of both major companies, even if he came short at the very highest level. He was able to make a comeback of sorts at two Royal Rumbles and remained fairly popular all the way through his career.

However, only the very best ever come up victorious against Triple H, and I don't think you can put Valentine in that category. A win for Triple H here, after quite a drawn out affair.

While Greg was a very talented guy that accomplished quite a lot, and who were known to be quite underrated. However, while some people might go ahead and consider Triple H overrated, the sheer fact that he has accomplished so much in the business in comparison to Greg, or so many others for that matter should be more than enough to convince anybody that Triple H is going a long way in this tournament, unless he clashes with one of the biggest names.

Triple H have dominated wrestling for the past 10 years, held numerous world championships, and been one of the top talents the business have been able to offer, maybe even ever. Triple H will most likely go down as one of the all time greatest. Therefore Triple H takes this one home after a firm match ending with a brutal Pedigree.

I would have loved to throw my vote towards Valentine in this one, but I had a few problems which prevented me from dong so. Triple H is better, faster, stronger, bigger, has a better physique, is more charismatic, and more dominant. Triple H is a legend in the business, despite the IWC's ridiculous criticisms of him (title hog, won't put guys over, only got to where he is because he married the boss's daughter, you know, all of that nonsense). I don't see this match gong too far before Triple H hits him with a Pedigree and it's Game Over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back